Options

*** Boston II Fanviews 5/25 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    HOLY SHIT

Twice now, i've said after a PJ show "Theres no way that can be topped.." but this time i am 100% sure. Thanks to some AMAZING PJ fans I got to share their seats 9th row center on the floor!!! both nights!!!

In the past 2 nights, I have never felt so much energy in such a large amount of people. RVM and SOLAT was insane!!!!!!!!! awesome lights especially in RVM. And parachutes!! finally!!

This is the first time Ive actually been close enuogh to see the bands facial expressions and what not. Mike pointed at me when I was going nuts and then I went even more nuts:D:D

Ahh and leash.. As soon as the opening notes started, the floor was crazy!!!I loved how at the end Eddie looked around smiling just looking at the reaction.
    Smile was incredible!!!
    Something about being 9th row center made every single song seem just as awesome and fresha s it was the first times I heard it. The sound was better than any show I have experienced.
    There are about 437923572390 highlights of this show. I cant finish now but im sure ill be adding to the thread later

ROCK ON BOSTON!!:D:D
  • Options
    Awesome show, best I've seen so far.

Other moments I want to mention:
    McCready's behind the head guitar solo on Evenflow (a staple, I know, but its still worth mentioning).
    McCready doing laps (during Alive? I cant remember).
    Life Wasted accordion version.

Only down point was no Hummus. (JK) Hummus, Red Dot, Bugs, that typewriter song....these all need to get played.

Oh, and this show more than any had the most people pointing and stretching out there arms and singing. Which always provides lots of hilarity.
  • Options
    MelissaphishMelissaphish Posts: 150
    WOW WOW WOW. Last night was my first Pearl Jam show, and I was completely blown away. It is definitely in my top 5 shows of all time. SO freaking incredible. I can't believe it took me this long, but I am totally hooked. Want to jump in the car and drive to Camden!

I had had two bands in my life grab hold of me, all the way down to my soul and shake me up, so I leave the venue feeling as if I am a changed person......this makes three.

I don't even have words to describe it. Rearviewmirror and Leash were particularly powerful to me, as well as Black and Alive.

The raw energy and emotion coming off the stage, and coming from the crowd, was really amazing. I am still high 14 hours later, I can barely think about the work I have to do. I just want to go home and D/L the show and listen to it over and over again.

Big thanks to my brother Mike who talked me into going
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 265
    Unreal. I am speachless.

Sick couple of shows in Boston.

Thank you thank you to kaddikat and vedhead27, i owe you guys big for hooking up the goods! you guys fucking rock. nuff said. let's do it again at the gorge, no?

porchdweller, good seeing you my man.

rest of the fans at the garden, unreal. way to bring it.

i'm going to go run into the wall and play in traffic. peace.
  • Options
    pjdmb1pjdmb1 Posts: 33
    That concert was ball droppin good...PJ hands down..the greatest band in the world...they fucken rock!!!!!
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    ~
    The following were permanently borrowed from another thread:

momofglynn wrote:
    mentioned the troops with a couple of songs.

I think the thing with the wig is that Theo was probably not suppose to be there since the Red Sox were playing in town. He is know for costumes so just an extention of that. It was funny I thought.

Ed mentioned donating money to a homeless place for Boston area kids. And that Theo doubled the donation.

Kinda gave me the impression that this was the last time in Boston for a long time. I know there is the rest of the tour but it felt like more than that to me. Just my opinion but that's what I got from it.

Mike McCreedy running around the stage was AWESOME. Just running circles!!!!!!!!!!! He has been on FIRE all 3 times I have seen him. Just incredible.

Loved Stone and Jeff trading places for Smile. That was nice. It was also cool that Stone put the wig on after Theo and like the hair didn't move. He was like shaking his head trying to get it do anything. Funny.

I think he fell during Alive. He fell pretty hard too. I have already commented on that somewhere else.

There were a lot of beers that I drank over the course of the last 2 days so I have to say my memory is a little cloudy. But honestly I feel like I got my ass kicked! Either that or I am just feeling my age :-( NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps a little bit more....
    Kraven wrote:
    Eddie took a nap in between Black and Alive, he was just kinda laying there on the stage floor for a minute. Theo sat at the lightboard before going to the stage. I assume he had the disguise on because its Boston and he woulda been recognized and people woulda been like OMG Theo Epstein!! Nothing was said before they dropped the Leash, which made it even sicker. At the end Ed threw his tambourines behind his head and crossed them over. It was pretty cool looking. All night was a Boston love fest and how much they loved playing in Boston and what not. It was an amazing time.
    BinFrog wrote:
    Eddie letting the crowd sing the chorus during one of the sections of Evenflow was classic. When he tugged at his shirt like he was being led away by his hand during the "gently lead him away, lead him away, him away" part that the crowd sang, I was cracking up.
    BinFrog wrote:
    The whole band was in high spirits.

I've never seen Ed smiling so much throughout a whole show.

The Rearview Mirror ending section was just INSANE. The strobe lights, Mike up on the amp, the whole band just building and building while the energy in the place went through the roof. It was the most intense RVM ending I have ever witnessed. I mean jaw droppingly intense. The crowd ate it up.

Leash without an intro speech and without so much as even a nod afterwards was perfect. It was like "Here, you got it, let's move on". For some reason Jeff looked larger than life during it. Hard to explain. He was yelling "Drop the leash" into the mic and just looked like a separate entity. My buddy who was sitting towards the back of the first section said "Leash was hysterical to see because the first 40 rows on the floor went apesh*t and everyone else was like "oh, cool, Leash"" Too funny.

Mike was CRAZY all night. Over the top in every way and it was perfect.

Stone wasn't super animated, but he was smiling a lot and you could tell he was digging it.

God I hope they release a DVD of this show. It was perfect.

Thank you for all the great Fanviews, edwho
    ~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    this show was AMAZING! probably the best version of Black i have seen, Paracheutes for the first time ever, Leash coming back, the reconstructed final encore... i mean does it get any better? Smile, Given To Fly, Marker in the Sand, it was just epic, a great follow up to last nite, truely wonderful!
    Thanx Guy!
    peace
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    My 18th show... Didnt think I would ever see anything that topped MSG 03 or the 3rd Boston show but this did it

First of all, Im so proud of Boston, The CROWD ROCKED both nights and I dont think the band will ever forget that... Eddie standing on the AMP during ALIVE the first night just watching us was one of the most amazing concert experiences of my life!!!

LAST NIGHT, State of Love N Trust was awesome ( and even better cause Eddie had no idea on what verse was what! ) By far the most intense RVM ive ever heard live or on boots... Black/Alive to end the encore was great... Mikes black solo i think is my favorite piece of Live PJ Music and then the

SECOND ENCORE... what can ya say... i was so psyched for Smile, I was on Cloud 9 for Indifference, and I Still dont know what i was For LEASH!!! I just soaked it in because i knew i was seeing a piece of PJ history! Other than Eddie puttin on the Redsox Jersey (IM A YANKEE FAN FROM MASS!!!) It was a perfect show, and the crowd singing along to Mikes Star Spangled Banner was the perfect Ending

THANK YOU PEARL JAM... saw 4 shows so far this tour... and I just leave each one thinking, there is no other band that can come close to this band LIVE... the intensity, the music and the fans... It is PERFECT!!!

And then to really cap off a perfect night, A Couple Friends of mine from PHILLY called me after the show pissing and moaning that we got LEASH and they DIdnt... HAHAHAHAH

GO BOSTON!!!!!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    I think some guy I was talking to after the show pretty much summed it up: "what am I supposed to *do* with myself now?"
  • Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    I'm still in shock.

I heard my absolute favorite song for the first time live last night. Smile. I still can't believe I heard it. Was waiting 12 shows for it and it happened.

Leash kicked my ass. Jumped around rockin too much and can hardly walk on my left ankle today.

I'd do it all again.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    Last night was so f-ing amazing!!!!!
    8/7/92, 4/12/94,10/2/96,9/15/98, 8/29/00,8/30/00,10/28/00,4/8/03,4/29/03, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/25/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/20/10, 9/7/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, 12/6/13, 4/8/16, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • Options
    khermanskhermans Posts: 5
    BEST ... SHOW ... EVER

/speechless
    --
    Kristian Hermansen
    kristian.hermansen@gmail.com
    --
    Kristian Hermansen
  • Options
    Everything was simply amazing, my first show on the floor!! what a way for me and my wife to spend our 15th wedding aniverasry! I think I was more physched, about smile and the way Ed, talked about what a beautifull day it was! loved his intro lowlight, just made me long for an outdoor show at the momment. So glad we got a share a dance, durning parachutes.
    boston: 7/91, 8/92, 4/94, 9/98(x2), 8/00(x2), 7/03(x3), 9/04(x2), 5/06(x2).
    augusta: 9/96
    montreal: 9/05
    hartford: 5/06
    St. Paul: 6/06
    las vegas: 7/06
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I think some guy I was talking to after the show pretty much summed it up: "what am I supposed to *do* with myself now?"

EXXXACTLY. LAST NIGHT WAS WAY TOO INTENSE. I, LIKE THE REST OF MY FRENZ ARE IN RECOVERY FROM THE WHOLE DEAL. SO FREAKIN GREAT MAN.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    I'm not sure I can say anything else that hasn't already been said in this thread. I will say I joked around when i was leaving the venue with 3 of my friends and I said "I need to get a WAAF pearl jam sticker" and I walked around and couldn't find ANY! Then all of a sudden 10minutes later I ended up with like 25 of them! haha

As far as the performances, both nights in Boston my 11th and 12th time seeing this amazing band, I'm still in disbelief on how good it was. Plus, meeting more of the Jamily! Really made me feel great going to 4 shows this tour and I wish I could go to more (AM And Carol need to pull thru and get me to Gorge somehow....)
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    I've never been so phisically exhausted after a couple of shows but these 2 were just so draining. They just bring it here and i don't know why but i travel alot to see them and these 2 days were just so kick ass I can't explain it.

Congrats to my honey for sitting front row 2 days. Shes in the Leash video rocking out hard, good for you babe!

I got a Jeff pick, really cool.
    She took alot of pics and they are very good. I'll post them when i upload them.
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
    for YEARS down the road will sparkle on ones PJ resume. Others will say "Boston 5-25-06, you lucky Bastard, you"

A lot has been said and said again in this thread.. I will do my best to bring something new to the table.

FIRST... MR MIKE F-in MCCREADY was the best he may have ever been last night, I know it has been mentioned but seriously, that was all kinds of nasty!! That is how you send some crazed fans home satisfied!! I think I almost had an aenuerism (spelling?) yelling so hard at the end of YLB-SSB... seriously, my vision went and everything.

SECOND...The emotion in Ed was clear.. Man of the Hour, Black, Low Light, Indifference, and did you see him get crazy on the guitar at the end of I Got Shit. You could just see the emotion leaking out of the man... from Porch on to the end.

LASTLY... I might be done.. with shows that is. That was the greatest thing I have ever seen in regards to entertainment. It was spiritual and that guy was right... "so now what I am I suppose to do with myself." Although......, this band has not been any better in their careers than they have in this tour!! If this continues the way it has so far, I might have to say "screw it" and buy all the shows next tour....
    "don't even think about getting inside. Voices in my head...."
  • Options
    Bioman wrote:
    LASTLY... I might be done.. with shows that is. That was the greatest thing I have ever seen in regards to entertainment. It was spiritual and that guy was right... "so now what I am I suppose to do with myself."

ITS TRUE. I DONT EVEN HAVE TO BE AT ANY OTHER SHOWS TO KNOW THAT BOSTON WILL RULE OVERALL. NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS, BOSTON IS KING NOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    no matter what show(s) you go to...

it is going to be awfully to hard to even come close to last night...

but, a pearl jam show is a pearl jam show, and i dont intend to stop going to them regardless of how insane last night in boston was.
  • Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 195
    which one would you rather have been at:

Boston 2 or Post Letterman...

I went to PL and am trying to tell myself that the @300 person audience in the Ed Sullivan Theatre was much more unique...but damn Boston 2...what a show...it's a coin toss...
  • Options
    jjm33 wrote:

I went to PL and am trying to tell myself that the @300 person audience in the Ed Sullivan Theatre was much more unique...but damn Boston 2...what a show...it's a coin toss...

boston 2 in a heartbeat...

i may be biased but its an honest statement
  • Options
    NutmegNutmeg Posts: 6
    Wow...I've been to some great shows, shows at Alpine come to mind, but last night was just awesome. I knew moving from Chicago to Boston was going to payoff somehow...thanks to all of you in the crowd that were so into it...the whole show exceeded all my expectations!
    Go Sox...White Sox, that is.
  • Options
    but, a pearl jam show is a pearl jam show, and i dont intend to stop going to them regardless of how insane last night in boston was.

YES. BECUZ WE ARE ADDICTS. :D ME AND STICKBOY CAME TO THIS CONCLUSION VERY EARLY THIS MORNING. :D

• Options
    jjm33 wrote:

SAVE YOUR COIN. THERES NO MATCH FOR BOSTON. NONE.

• Options
    khermanskhermans Posts: 5
    HIGHLIGHTS:
    * Mike runs around the stage like a track, behind the drum set, back to the front of the stage, behind the drums again. Hehehe...
    * Eddie uses the mic stand to try and prop himself up, but falls backward and knocks something off the rear of his belt (?)
    * Eddie trips over something and knocks the mic stand over, and looks like he fell sharply on the back of his head. Get ups like it was nothing.
    * Mike spinning around and around and around and around on his side of the stage.
    * Mike does a full sprint, yes a sprint, from his side of the stage to the other, and then back. Finishes up by quietly tapping an effect pedal.

Does anyone have a high quality video of this show? I want to purchase the FLAC from bootlegs2, but it's not out yet (Boston I is there though)! Let me know if anyone has a high quality vid...thanks!
    --
    Kristian Hermansen
    --
    Kristian Hermansen
  • Options
    ndv180ndv180 Posts: 80
    khermans wrote:
    HIGHLIGHTS:
    * Eddie trips over something and knocks the mic stand over, and looks like he fell sharply on the back of his head. Get ups like it was nothing.

This was an amazing accidental spill. Not sure I'd agree that he got up like it was nothing. The possibilty of injury definitely existed. He was dancing around (during the Alive jam) and from Mike's side was running backwards torward the center when his heels collided with the moniter next to his mic stand and he went flying over it into the air. Ed and the mic stand both crashed to the floor. I hope you can hear the crash on the boot. It will be the first thing I check for (not Leash).

One number noone has talked about yet that was top shelf and perhaps the best performance of the night was "Insigficance"! How about some love for Insignificance??????????

Since the event staff refused to let me in with my binoculars (insisting that it wasn't their policy, but was at the directive of the band), I couldn't tell what Red Sox jersey Ed was wearing. Subsequent photos reveal it was a Francona jersey. Never seen anyone other than Francona with one of those.
  • Options
    sorry if this has been covered but who is the guy playing ed's guitar beside a rockin out stone in the tenclub photos, what song was it? thank you.
  • Options
    sorry if this has been covered but who is the guy playing ed's guitar beside a rockin out stone in the tenclub photos, what song was it? thank you.

Theo Epstein

he is the general manager for the boston red sox.
  • Options
    Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    Theo rocked out during "Rockin' In The Free World." He was on stage with a Pearl Jam "bandwagon" cap on over a wig. During the song, he tossed the cap into the crowd and ended up taking off the wig. Stone put the wig on and played "Yellow Ledbetter" with it.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    WOW WOW WOW. Last night was my first Pearl Jam show, and I was completely blown away. It is definitely in my top 5 shows of all time. SO freaking incredible. I can't believe it took me this long, but I am totally hooked. Want to jump in the car and drive to Camden!

I had had two bands in my life grab hold of me, all the way down to my soul and shake me up, so I leave the venue feeling as if I am a changed person......this makes three.

I don't even have words to describe it. Rearviewmirror and Leash were particularly powerful to me, as well as Black and Alive.

The raw energy and emotion coming off the stage, and coming from the crowd, was really amazing. I am still high 14 hours later, I can barely think about the work I have to do. I just want to go home and D/L the show and listen to it over and over again.

Big thanks to my brother Mike who talked me into going

can u te me who the other 2 bands are?