Options

*** Boston II Fanviews 5/25 Here ***

thefireiscookingthefireiscooking Posts: 10
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Ed Pre-Set: Porch

My Morning Jacket Set List: It Makes No Difference (w/ Ed), Gideon, Golden, Mahgeetah, One Big Holiday, Dondante, Anytime, Wordless Chorus*

Pearl Jam Set List: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Marker In The Sand, Low Light, Insignificant, Army Reserve, Garden, I Got Shit, State of Love and Trust, Comatose, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Wasted Reprise, Man of the Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Parachutes, Black / (We Belong Together), Alive

2nd Encore: Why Go, Life Wasted, Smile, Indifference, Leash, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter / (Star Spangled Banner)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early set list from Message Pit “ACCBootlegGoddess,” theskyiscrape.com and blackredyellow.com

Set list source: tenclub.net and mymorningjacket.com and you

*possibly out of order

~
bernadine holland
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ SparksPJ Sparks Posts: 83
    Well, fuck!

PJ Sparks
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • Options
    PJ SparksPJ Sparks Posts: 83
    I don't want to hear anymore fuckers on here complaining 'bout shit! We get SOOOOO spoiled by this band. And if I ever cross that c*** who complained about being 2nd row in front of Stone, you'll get the beat down ass!

Ain't no party like a PJ party 'cuz a PJ party don't stop! Everyone with a show coming up should be so fucking geeked. I got none left right now! And y'all got MMJ, Sonic Youth, Tom Petty, and Kings of Leon to see as well. Get your fun on folks!

PJ Sparks
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    Fucking Leash!!!!!!!!!
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    PJ Sparks wrote:
    I don't want to hear anymore fuckers on here complaining 'bout shit! We get SOOOOO spoiled by this band. And if I ever cross that c*** who complained about being 2nd row in front of Stone, you'll get the beat down ass!

Ain't no party like a PJ party 'cuz a PJ party don't stop! Everyone with a show coming up should be so fucking geeked. I got none left right now! And y'all got MMJ, Sonic Youth, Tom Petty, and Kings of Leon to see as well. Get your fun on folks!

PJ Sparks

spoiled by asking them to play a song? cmon, if people didnt speak up and vocalize what it is they wanted, nothing would ever happen
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    Do the Evolution69Do the Evolution69 BOSTON Posts: 223
    it dropped...

epic.

(get out of my fuckin face)
    Live Music Epiphanies - "I can feel your heart in your neck..."
    '98 Great Woods 1 (9/15/98)
    '00 Great Woods 1 (8/29/00)
    '03 Great Woods 1, 2 & 3 (7/2/03, 7/3/03, *7/11/03*)
    '04 Boston Garden 1 & 2 (9/28/04, 9/29/04)
    '06 Boston Garden 1 & 2 (5/24/06, 5/25/06)
    '08 Great Woods 1 & 2 (6/28/08, 6/30/08)
    '10 Boston Garden (5/17/10)
    '13 Wooostahhh 1 & 2 (10/15/13, 10/16/13)
    '16 MSG 1 & Fenway 1 & 2
    '18 Fenway 2
  • Options
    it dropped...

epic.

(get out of my fuckin face)

Great post man, just fucking great. It perfectly explains the situation.

And I love it. Get out of my fuckin face.
  • Options
    Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck!!

Wow!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!

How was it?!@?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Man, just copy and paste what I wrote from yesterday into today. I know the song list was different but today and yesterday were part of the one Boston experience as opposed to two separate experiences it seems. I really don't want to think of them as separate, but rather a merging of the two. The crowd was on, the band was on. I couldn't really say how good Eddie's voice was because the crowd was so loud :) SOLAT and GTF were nice to hear. When they played Leash I knew the entire place would be into it, and even though I could take it or leave that song, it felt special to be at a concert where they actually perform that song because it seems to be so special to so many people.

In front row front of Mike, you know Mr. Energy. Holy cow! I finally tried for one of the Mike McCready pics and i sortof caught it then it dropped, and a nice man to my right reached behind the back of a chair and gave it to me. So, Mr. Nice Man if you are out there reading this THANK YOU!

Also, when the girl was handed back to her Dad after she gave the flowers to Eddie you should have seen her smile, it was beautiful! Yeah for the dude with the wig ;)!

Looking forward to East Rutherford (and especially the break in between) How do these guys do it. I've been fighting a cold ever since Hartford. Geez Louize.

I have to say, though, that I do feel a little melancholy because there isn't a Boston III. That this is it for me here. Thank you to Boston and PJ, stellar performances by both of you!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Do the Evolution69Do the Evolution69 BOSTON Posts: 223
    i put another post up detailing the experience a bit more...
    Live Music Epiphanies - "I can feel your heart in your neck..."
    '98 Great Woods 1 (9/15/98)
    '00 Great Woods 1 (8/29/00)
    '03 Great Woods 1, 2 & 3 (7/2/03, 7/3/03, *7/11/03*)
    '04 Boston Garden 1 & 2 (9/28/04, 9/29/04)
    '06 Boston Garden 1 & 2 (5/24/06, 5/25/06)
    '08 Great Woods 1 & 2 (6/28/08, 6/30/08)
    '10 Boston Garden (5/17/10)
    '13 Wooostahhh 1 & 2 (10/15/13, 10/16/13)
    '16 MSG 1 & Fenway 1 & 2
    '18 Fenway 2
  • Options
    dropmyleashdropmyleash Posts: 91
    Troubled souls.........................UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw man, fuggetaboutit.......................
    Having tasted, a life wasted....

....I'll probably only go back a couple more times.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    What a night. i held up a sign at the begining if the last set the said
    "DON'T PLAY LEASH HERE YOU DOGS". They never mentioned it but Eddie read it, walk around the stage saying something to every band member. He changed the set completly. Then they went into Leash.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    THIS BOSTON SHOW FLOWS DOWN AS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE. LEASH AND THE STAR SPANGLED FREAKIN BANNER. NOT TO MENTION IM IN LOVE WITH THE DUDE THAT WAS IN FRONT OF ME ROCKIN OUT. :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    S M I L E
    GTF
    Leash
    SOLAT

My mind is all a whirl
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    Ok, so that was the best show i've ever been to period. Some of you may recall that in an earlier post I said GNR played an amazing show and that I felt i would probably be let down by PJ because they would not out do GNR....well, I was way off. PJ rocked....only complaint, up until the encore's, the crowd kinda sucked. WTF Boston? Nobody was moving, I was the only one rocking my ass off! If anyone saw me, I was the one in the black Cam Neely Jersey. But holy shit, the setlist, Parachutes AND Leash (and Black and Alive and YL and the list goes on....) what an amazing show. Ed and the boys know how to do it right. Hope I have the privalege to see them again some day.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    ski-bum wrote:
    What a night. i held up a sign at the begining if the last set the said
    "DON'T PLAY LEASH HERE YOU DOGS". They never mentioned it but Eddie read it, walk around the stage saying something to every band member. He changed the set completly. Then they went into Leash.

YOURE THE ONE THAT HADD THAT SIGN???? DEAR LORD. AND ED DIDNT CHANGE THE SET. LEASH WAS ON THERE FROM THE GET GO. MY GREAT FRIEND PJTAPER CAME AND TOLD ME AND MY FRENZ WHILE I WAS TALKING TO VEDHEAD27 AND KADDIKAT AND STEPHEN FLOW BEFORE THE SHOW STARTED. GOOD FREAKIN TIMES. I WISH ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT SAID THEYD NEVER PLAY LEASH WOULDA BEEN HERE TONITE. SUCKAS!!!! THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL!!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    dylan raindylan rain Posts: 35
    SENROCK! wrote:
    YOURE THE ONE THAT HADD THAT SIGN???? DEAR LORD. AND ED DIDNT CHANGE THE SET. LEASH WAS ON THERE FROM THE GET GO. MY GREAT FRIEND PJTAPER CAME AND TOLD ME AND MY FRENZ WHILE I WAS TALKING TO VEDHEAD27 AND KADDIKAT AND STEPHEN FLOW BEFORE THE SHOW STARTED. GOOD FREAKIN TIMES. I WISH ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT SAID THEYD NEVER PLAY LEASH WOULDA BEEN HERE TONITE. SUCKAS!!!! THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL!!!! :D

Eli and michelle are stranded at the orient heights station. eli's phone died so he says to call michelle's phone. i left it in a PM for you.

*sorry if you get this message like 5 times, but they just want to make sure they get a hold of you. thanks!
  • Options
    votegirlvotegirl Posts: 95
    jojo wrote:
    S M I L E
    GTF
    Leash
    SOLAT

My mind is all a whirl

Parachutes
    Marker in the Sand
    Garden
    Mr. Mcready's National Anthem

....priceless.
    Have a great night, Jo.
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    votegirl wrote:
    Parachutes
    Marker in the Sand
    Garden
    Mr. Mcready's National Anthem

....priceless.
    Have a great night, Jo.

*HUGS*

night night
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    jojo wrote:
    S M I L E
    GTF
    Leash
    SOLAT

My mind is all a whirl

I second that
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    THIS BOSTON SHOW FLOWS DOWN AS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE. LEASH AND THE STAR SPANGLED FREAKIN BANNER. NOT TO MENTION IM IN LOVE WITH THE DUDE THAT WAS IN FRONT OF ME ROCKIN OUT. :eek:

This was only my 4th show and it flows down as my all time favorite as well ;) ...though the seats were much better for us in Ottawa (aaargh! I ache to have a lower number..OUCH!)

Ahhhhh but to be in the house for such an amazing show.

:D:D:D:D:D
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Boston1 2004
    Ottowa 2005
    Boston 1&2 2006
    Mansfield 1&2 2008
    Vedder Leg2-Boston 1&2 2008
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Man, just copy and paste what I wrote from yesterday into today. I know the song list was different but today and yesterday were part of the one Boston experience as opposed to two separate experiences it seems. I really don't want to think of them as separate, but rather a merging of the two. The crowd was on, the band was on. I couldn't really say how good Eddie's voice was because the crowd was so loud :) SOLAT and GTF were nice to hear. When they played Leash I knew the entire place would be into it, and even though I could take it or leave that song, it felt special to be at a concert where they actually perform that song because it seems to be so special to so many people.

In front row front of Mike, you know Mr. Energy. Holy cow! I finally tried for one of the Mike McCready pics and i sortof caught it then it dropped, and a nice man to my right reached behind the back of a chair and gave it to me. So, Mr. Nice Man if you are out there reading this THANK YOU!

Also, when the girl was handed back to her Dad after she gave the flowers to Eddie you should have seen her smile, it was beautiful! Yeah for the dude with the wig ;)!

Looking forward to East Rutherford (and especially the break in between) How do these guys do it. I've been fighting a cold ever since Hartford. Geez Louize.

I have to say, though, that I do feel a little melancholy because there isn't a Boston III. That this is it for me here. Thank you to Boston and PJ, stellar performances by both of you!

I have had that same cold since Hartford....Im thinking bird flu
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Yeah for the dude with the wig ;)!quote]

That "dude" with the wig was Theo Epstein, the General Manager of the Boston Red Sox. He "sat in" during RITFW!!! Just a cherry on top of all the other highlights.

1. LEASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. Parachutes
    3. SOLAT
    4. Smile
    5. Porch (Ed pre-set acoustic)
    6. Ed w/ MMJ for It Makes No Difference
    7. Yellow Ledbetter---Star Spangled Banner Tag

I'm proud and blessed that PJ loves Boston so much!!!
    This one goes to 11...
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Unfuckingbelievable. I cannot believe this band. 4 shows this tour, everyone better than the last. After last night I was just like what the hell can this band do more? They dropped the Leash, played Indifference, SOLAT, Theo Epstein playing RitFW with the boys.

Oh and holy shit, I was in Loge 7 almost behind the lightboard. Right before PJ comes on someone drops 2 chairs off on the light board area, and my father and I are like crap if that person stands the whole time we will not be able to see. The person comes with his hot girlfriend, the guy has some weird looking hair and the blue PJ hat and the limited edition brown hoodie. He grabs a Corona from the cooler someone dropped off with him. Later he disappears. Then the last set comes on Eddie starts talking about Theo and his foundation. They play Indifference and Leash and Eddie motions for someone to come out on stage and lo and behold the person with the weird hair and the PJ hat comes out, and its FUCKING THEO EPSTEIN! He was no more than 50 feet away from me, and had no idea. It was crazy, I was hoping they would give him a solo. It woulda been sweet. During the song he threw off the hat and threw it into the crowd and then later Eddie took off Theo's wig and threw it on the floor. Stone later picked up and put it on.

This show was off the hook, better than last night. Killer Alive, Black, RVM, Eddie's preset Porch and song with MMJ, Leash, Indifference, PARACHUTES, Yellow Ledbetter with the Star Spangled Banner tag, every song was amazing. Thank you Pearl Jam, Albany, Hartford, and both of these Boston shows have been a great time, and I cannot wait for the next tour or the next time you come close again. THANK YOU!
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    dburbadburba Qatar Posts: 39
    Unbelievable. Leash ... everyone's said it already, so there it is, but what about McCready on YL with the anthem?! So good. Man of the Hour, Low Light, Parachutes (finally!) sounded great, even if he fucked up the lyrics. Even that turd in the punchbowl Epstein couldn't put a damper on the night. Un-fucking-believable. Best show ever.
  • Options
    Best concert I've ever been to. Beats everything, and I've seen a ton of shit. That show was epic. Leash, Garden, SOLAT, Smile - all just killer. I don't even know what to say except AMAZING!!!!! I was in Loge 12, Row 7, seat 19 (on the aisle) - that seat ROCKED!!! Ed changing the second encore around was cool...anyone know what he changed it from? Deep, maybe? I was bummed that they repeated so many songs - I expected to hear WWS, Severed Hand, Life Wasted, EFlow, Alive, and DTE each twice, but they should have replaced Corduroy, RITFW, Inside Job, Comatose, and Why Go with other songs on night 2. I mean, 11 repeats was a bit much for me. But the energy, plus an amazing RVM, Smile, Low Light, a great GTF, Garden, and of course, Leash, made up for it.
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    fuck you Boston go-ers, fuck you :D

all4
  • Options
    hey kids,
    i think this may be my first post here, but ive been a fan and in the ten club for a while. i had lodge section 13, seat 17, we were about 60 yards from the stage. i have been to about 12 shows (including yesterdays show and the three shows in mansfield). this show was awesome, and i cant say that is was better than any other boston or nyc show, but it was better than the hartford show last week. smile was amazing, given to fly sounded as good as ever, and state of love and trust brought thr house down. on another note, i met a bunch of cool people at these shows. last night i sat next to a kid from mexico, he flew up just for the two boston shows. tonight i sat next to two people from tel aviv. needless to say, the last two nights were amazing. good company, great show.
    -tblack
  • Options
    This was only my 4th show and it flows down as my all time favorite as well ;) ...though the seats were much better for us in Ottawa (aaargh! I ache to have a lower number..OUCH!)

Ahhhhh but to be in the house for such an amazing show.

:D:D:D:D:D

WOOOOOOHOOOO!!!!! RIGHT FREAKIN ON!!!
    ALL I GOTTA SAY IS WHOEVER WAS NOT AT THIS SHOW, U TOTALLY MISSED THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SENROCK! wrote:
    WOOOOOOHOOOO!!!!! RIGHT FREAKIN ON!!!
    ALL I GOTTA SAY IS WHOEVER WAS NOT AT THIS SHOW, U TOTALLY MISSED THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.
    you went Sen??? You gonna be at Camden too?

all4
  • Options
    AloneItGoAloneItGo Posts: 5
    All I have to say is LEASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!