bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    fuck you Boston go-ers, fuck you :D

all4

you really didn't miss much... except everything you could ask for

bostonlou
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
    I saw the gorge and both shows are special in my mind, this was a more hard driving set and a little better show. Unbelievable. I just want to thank PJ, Nitro for hooking my room up and a couple of very fine people that let me share their smoke as I couldn't round up any.

This show was absolutely sick, unreal. Theo jumpin on stage, wow. Awesome. I'm still in awe today.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    LEASH???????????

Can you see me turning green with envy right now.

You Boston people got spoiled :)
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    SENROCK! wrote:
    U TOTALLY MISSED THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.

Barnum & Bailey were in town????
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Truly epic in every sense. It still needs to soak in.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    jenbedderjenbedder Posts: 15
    I missed the ten club sale and was stuck in the back in the balcony, but you know what? It was alright! The kids up there (and I do mean kids- I may have been the only one who could drink legally) sang along, danced and made a lot of happy noise. There was also no security, so smoking was cool- as opposed to the Loges last time, where it was treated like a federal offense. So, I was impressed with the crowd, and the band was on fire, as everyone has said. The rockers were great- Marker in the Sand is a standout live, but I was also struck by how gorgeous Man of the Hour sounded. Thanks, guys!
    it makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense
  • Options
    PJ_JammerPJ_Jammer Posts: 90
    Wow you lucky guys, I wish I was there too see that.
    9/28/2004 Boston, Mass
    5/12/2006 Albany, NY
    6/01/2006 E Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    6/25/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    10/27/2009 Philli, PA Spectrum 1
    5/21/2010 NYC MSG 2, NY
    10/25/13 Hartford, Ct
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Last night was my 11 year old sons first PJ concert. We had great seats, 8th row on Mike's side. He knew how lucky he was to be part of last night. He lost his voice singing along with the crowd. Sometimes I would look over at him and see an expression of absolute amazement on his face. Thanks to the guy and girl behind us for rocking out with him! He LOVED it!

To put LEASH in perspective..the song had not been sung live since before my son was BORN.

The people around me went NUTS when we realized we were hearing leash. It was like the crowd EXPLODED! I like that it wasn't "introduced" beforehand. It made it all that more surprising.

Boston 1 was just as amazing. For me, last night was a continuation of one long show that I will never forget!

Great post..
    ditto what she said... plus..:

Ed's pre-set "Porch" (can it get any better?..I KNEW HE WOULD COME OUT!)
    "Garden" in the Garden

"Man of the Hour" just dripping with profound sadness..

"Black" simply the best version of the entire tour to date..Ed's vocals and Mikey's solo were perfect..

"YLB / Star Spangled Banner"..."Mikey Moment" to remember..

"SOLAT" Ed holding the note on "and I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisten

"Army Reserve" finally saw this live.. Mikey does the "U2 guitar chimes" parts, love it, love it, love it!!!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    BostonPJ wrote:
    Very excited about Leash and Parachutes but a little bit dissapointed that so many songs were repeated within a two night Boston stand.

IE: We're never happy no matter what is played.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    scgamacscgamac Posts: 12
    First off, thank you, thank you, thank you to 10c. My seats were amazing both nights. First night - Loge row 12 Stones side, Second night, loge row 12 Mike's side. How cool is that - thanks again 10c.

Two amazing nights - loved the overall energy - first night crowd was in a frenzy during second encore, second night crowd rocked throughout. What can you say about this band - Leash, Smile, Parachutes (which they performed very well). Comatose rocked my ass off.

Nice job to the crazy jumping arm pumping guy in the front row both nights. Seems like 25% of the first rows acted like I would - just going nuts, and the other 75% were fucking bobble heads.

Hey New York - first the Red Sox, now Leash (which has been played in Boston the last 3 times it's been dropped!!!)
    Saw things, so much clearer....
  • Options
    wow. I still feel weird this morning.

First of all, while eating dinner at the Harp before the show last night, my brother and I were of course discussing what songs would be great to hear. They played all the songs we talked about (rearviewmirror, SOLAT, Parachutes, and of course Leash) which was kinda weird.

Secondly, these two shows had the nicest people of any pearl jam shows I have ever been to. everyone seemed to be willing to strike up conversations. I know everyone is always talking about PJ fans being so friendly, but I've never really experienced it until this week. it was just so cool to talk to other wicked excited people before the show and gossip about leash and whatnot. Thanks to the girl who let me examine her new tatoo! I'm really thinking about it!

ok, now, for almost 5 years the 1998 show at great woods (the "quarter" show) was my favorite show ever. Then, it was replaced by Seattle II, 2002. That was then replaced by MSG I, 2003, which was blown out of the water by Mansfield III, 2003. But last night, I do believe, has by far claimed the prize. As someone said earlier, I'm not in love with the song Leash, but it felt so cool that they played it, just because *we* wanted them too. I don't think I have jumped around as much as I did last night. I was covered in sweat by the end of the night. By the time they played leash I was dizzy and felt like I was going to throw up, but I didn't care, I kept going. When they turned up the lights, I noticed that I recognized half the people around me and further up front, not just from the previous night but from the last tour, the 2002 seattle shows, etc. That was a really cool feeling, seeing everyone rock out together.

I'm pretty sure that was it for me on this tour. I have to go back to NC this weekend and I have a summer internship so I can't take off much work and I don't have much money to travel. I was really upset that I was only going to 2 shows this year, but now I think that's kinda good because I think after last night, anything else might be a letdown.
  • Options
    Janie JonesJanie Jones Posts: 15
    I just remembered this...when Stone had the wig on and was jamming with Mike, Mike reached over and parted the wig in the middle..I hope someone got a picture of it!
  • Options
    PJ20PJ20 Miami, FL Posts: 94
    I am still awake after all that.

The concert was just awesome!!

I still cannot believe that they unleashed (I am advocating this term for what happened - I like the sound of it.) among many other high quality moments.

I am happier than a pig in shit right now!!!!
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    This show looks like it was amazing! I haven't purchased a bootleg from this tour yet but I think this might be the first one. :D
  • Options
    Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    Both Boston shows were amazing, but I think Boston 2 was more special. Of course having "Leash" played was killer.

The only thing that I am disappointed by is the fact that the band repeated so many songs from the first night. I wouldn't mind (and fully expected) if the Band just repeated songs from the new album, but there was no need to repeat songs like "Even Flow," "Alive," "Corduroy," and especially "Rockin' In The Free World."

When are these FLAC bootlegs going to be available?
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    Anyone have an MP3 of Eddie's pre-set ("Porch")? I need it!
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    intothejamintothejam Posts: 25
    what an awsome show. For me it beats our hartford and Boston 1. highlites were lowlight, smile and leash. Had row 5 in section F, met some pretty cool people. lost my voice early on. simply amazing
  • Options
    my favorite PJ show yet! cant friggen believe how great it was. i was in bar harbor until yesterday morning and drove down to boston b/c my friend had upgraded to 12th row and gave me his old ticket (loge 1, row 13)...awseome seats!!

given to fly
    dissident
    smile
    man of the hour

my four favorite PJ songs!!

LEASH...holy crap

the star spangled banner was the best way to end a show...awesome

theo did a great job on RITFW...

INSANE SHOW!!!!
    Some people have religion, I have Pearl Jam...

"... I wish that I was a disease, a disease called love and peace..." 05/02/03

08/29/00, 05/02/03, 07/02/03, 07/03/03, 07/11/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 05/13/06, 05/25/06, 06/3/06, 06/27/08, 06/28/08, 06/30/08
  • Options
    intothejam wrote:
    what an awsome show. For me it beats our hartford and Boston 1. highlites were lowlight, smile and leash. Had row 5 in section F, met some pretty cool people. lost my voice early on. simply amazing

hey jay, thanks for the ticket!!
    Some people have religion, I have Pearl Jam...

"... I wish that I was a disease, a disease called love and peace..." 05/02/03

08/29/00, 05/02/03, 07/02/03, 07/03/03, 07/11/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 05/13/06, 05/25/06, 06/3/06, 06/27/08, 06/28/08, 06/30/08
  • Options
    i'm , we're , still spinning.......the solo acoustic version of porch , just wow , we saw the solo version of throw your arms around me in 98 at great woods as well , and again , wow , is it possible to give any more than they did last night ?.....i rather think not , absolutely amazing show....the band....the crowd.....i'm so gald to be part of this jamily , and honored to have shared it with you............give your love , just give it away...................
    hold my hand , walk beside me.....

boston 92 lollapalooza (wow!)
    boston 98 #2
    boston 00 both shows
    boston 06 #2 (omfg)
  • Options
    ~

Ed preset: Porch

My Morning Jacket set list: It Makes No Difference (w/ Ed)

Pearl Jam set list: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Marker In The Sand, Low Light, Insignificant, Army Reserve, Garden, I Got Id, State of Love and Trust, Comatose, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Wasted Reprise, Man of the Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Parachutes, Black / (We Belong Together), Alive

2nd encore: Why Go, Life Wasted, Smile, Indifference, Leash, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter / (Star Spangled Banner)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early set list from Message Pit “ACCBootlegGoddess,” theskyiscrape.com and blackredyellow.com

Set list source: tenclub.net and you.
    ~

Well if PJ never plays here again, I can be EXTREMELY thankful for all the shows and memories PJ has given me, us. Are you friggin kidding me?? LEASH, But when someone mentioned it was in the soundcheck for night 1, I knew LEASH would be played, AND last time it was played, it was in the OLD REAL GARDEN, sorry peeps, this IS THE GARDEN in name only. It will always be the Fleece Center to me.

Parachutes, GTF,Army reserve, SOLAT,Indifference, and Mr Mike McCready whaling on top of the speakers finishing out the first set on RVM. I thought it couldn't get better, but it did, as as THEO came up on stage, and what a way to close it out as MIKE played the star spangled banner!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Barnum & Bailey were in town????

NO "LEASH AND ARMY RESERVE" WERE IN TOWN!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    SENROCK! wrote:
    NO "LEASH AND ARMY RESERVE" WERE IN TOWN!!! :D
    SENROCK, aren't you from Cali? You made the trek out to Boston, huh? Sounds like you made a wise decision! How was the FLOW?? :D
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    oktacoma wrote:
    SENROCK, aren't you from Cali? You made the trek out to Boston, huh? Sounds like you made a wise decision! How was the FLOW?? :D

YES I AM. 2 OF MY BESTEST FRENZ EVER THAT I MET ON THE BOARD HERE LIVE IN BOSTON. ITS TRADITION TO COME TO SHOWS OUT HERE. THE FLOW WAS FREAKIN OUTTA CONTROL. JUST BEYOND GREATNESS. I THINK THE MASTER McCREADY WAHHHHMAZED HIMSELF LAST NIGHT!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    sully1742sully1742 Posts: 4
    Kraven wrote:
    Unfuckingbelievable. I cannot believe this band. 4 shows this tour, everyone better than the last. After last night I was just like what the hell can this band do more? They dropped the Leash, played Indifference, SOLAT, Theo Epstein playing RitFW with the boys.

Oh and holy shit, I was in Loge 7 almost behind the lightboard. Right before PJ comes on someone drops 2 chairs off on the light board area, and my father and I are like crap if that person stands the whole time we will not be able to see. The person comes with his hot girlfriend, the guy has some weird looking hair and the blue PJ hat and the limited edition brown hoodie. He grabs a Corona from the cooler someone dropped off with him. Later he disappears. Then the last set comes on Eddie starts talking about Theo and his foundation. They play Indifference and Leash and Eddie motions for someone to come out on stage and lo and behold the person with the weird hair and the PJ hat comes out, and its FUCKING THEO EPSTEIN! He was no more than 50 feet away from me, and had no idea. It was crazy, I was hoping they would give him a solo. It woulda been sweet. During the song he threw off the hat and threw it into the crowd and then later Eddie took off Theo's wig and threw it on the floor. Stone later picked up and put it on.

This show was off the hook, better than last night. Killer Alive, Black, RVM, Eddie's preset Porch and song with MMJ, Leash, Indifference, PARACHUTES, Yellow Ledbetter with the Star Spangled Banner tag, every song was amazing. Thank you Pearl Jam, Albany, Hartford, and both of these Boston shows have been a great time, and I cannot wait for the next tour or the next time you come close again. THANK YOU!

I was in Loge 7 too, and thought the exact same thing. I saw exactly what you did but it didn't click who it was.

This was my first PJ show, and I was blown away. My bud and I have been to a buncha concerts and we both agreed that was by far the best show we've ever seen. Great setlist. Great energy. you have to see mccreedy live to appreciate how dman good he is. Mind blowing. Thanks PJ.
  • Options
    OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
    ski-bum wrote:
    What a night. i held up a sign at the begining if the last set the said
    "DON'T PLAY LEASH HERE YOU DOGS". They never mentioned it but Eddie read it, walk around the stage saying something to every band member. He changed the set completly. Then they went into Leash.

Leash was on the setlist from the very beginning of the night. All you have to do is walk back to the rear soundboard and look....the soundboard girl has the setlist sitting right next to her. But if you look....it'll ruin any surprise that there might be. I just wanted to see what they were going to open with....and then she flipped the page....and there it was...."LEASH" written in black sharpie. The only thing they changed about the setlist was that they added "smile" and took away something else. I promise you they have been PLANNING to play LEASH at Boston Night 2 since the very beginning of the tour. They calculate their set for maximum effect.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    Ed played a "killer" accoustic version of "Porch"
    and then ..

Ed and MMJ
    (by the Band)

» It Makes No Difference

It makes no diff'rence where I turn
    I can't get over you and the flame still burns
    It makes no diff'rence, night or day
    The shadow never seems to fade away
    And the sun don't shine anymore
    And the rains fall down on my door
    Now there's no love
    As true as the love
    That dies untold
    But the clouds never hung so low before
    It makes no diff'rence how far I go
    Like a scar the hurt will always show
    It makes no diff'rence who I meet
    They're just a face in the crowd
    On a dead-end street
    These old love letters
    Well, I just can't keep
    'Cause like the gambler says
    Read 'em and weep
    And the dawn don't rescue me no more
    Without your love I'm nothing at all
    Like an empty hall it's a lonely fall
    Since you've gone it's a losing battle
    Stampeding cattle
    They rattle the walls
    Well, I love you so much
    It's all I can do
    Just to keep myself from telling you
    That I never felt so alone before
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Abner11Abner11 Posts: 67
    I just remembered this...when Stone had the wig on and was jamming with Mike, Mike reached over and parted the wig in the middle..I hope someone got a picture of it!

http://image48.webshots.com/48/4/24/64/2811424640091370947GpbrGG_ph.jpg

There's your picture. Props to Rival420 on that one.
    10/96 Hartford, 9/98 Hartford, 7/03 Mansfield I, 9/04 Boston I, 5/06 Boston I (Best crowd to date)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Wow!!! Sounds amazing.
    Justed wasted half an hour at work reading about it all!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    another "highlight"...

During "Severed Hand" last night, Ed sang..

"You'll see dragons after three or four..I said Fuck-yeeeeeah!"
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford