Options

Yield

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Harmony video. Short, but nice.

PBM

Very nice sir!

This awesome video was in the panel beside the Harmony vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0U38Nv3uXQ&mode=related&search=
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    A true YIH moment. Awesome.

:D

You could learn a thing or two from Dog Loyal.

As far as the track by track thing goes, we could start by listening to the San Diego version of BRAIN OF J. Or LA2 perhaps? Or both? :D
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    weekdays sound much better than weekends.

especially in the summer.

i have things to say!
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    You could learn a thing or two from Dog Loyal.

As far as the track by track thing goes, we could start by listening to the San Diego version of BRAIN OF J. Or LA2 perhaps? Or both? :D
    I think I redeemed myself with the thirteen days of YIELD.

I think the point here is that everyone listens to their favorite versions and brings in the reasons why its their favorite. "I was there and kicking ass" works pretty well.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:
    weekdays sound much better than weekends.

especially in the summer.

i have things to say!
    Shall we make a calendar?
  • Options
    Shall we make a calendar?

that might be a bit much. what if someone can't make it?

it should be an impromptu thing maybe?

organic=yieldy.
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:
    that might be a bit much. what if someone can't make it?

it should be an impromptu thing maybe?

organic=yieldy.
    Well, understood. But just to put a start date on it I guess.

23rd? Coupla Mondays.
  • Options
    I think I redeemed myself with the thirteen days of YIELD.

I think the point here is that everyone listens to their favorite versions and brings in the reasons why its their favorite. "I was there and kicking ass" works pretty well.

Yeah yeah, it was a joke. I'd love to listen to the pre-YIELD version of BRAIN OF J and then an after version to get both messages deciphered.
  • Options
    Yeah yeah, it was a joke. I'd love to listen to the pre-YIELD version of BRAIN OF J and then an after version to get both messages deciphered.

that's a good idea. we can see how they played around with it to fit their ..concept album. ;)
  • Options
    Go to hell if you don't believe it.

;)
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:
    that's a good idea. we can see how they played around with it to fit their ..concept album. ;)

The whole world will be different soon, go to hell if you don't believe it.
  • Options
    The whole world will be different soon, go to hell if you don't believe it.
    Jinx.
  • Options
    Jinx.

Buy me a Coke.
  • Options
    Monkey see, monkey do, what a fuckin' fool.

How appropriate.
  • Options
    Monkey see, monkey do, what a fuckin' fool.

How appropriate.
    Exactly.

So why do you think they changed the lyrics for the record?
  • Options
    Exactly.

So why do you think they changed the lyrics for the record?

Here's an interesting blog I found when looking for the old lyrics:

http://fivevs1.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/brain-of-j/

The “Brain of J” of 1995 (or “Brain of JFK” to fans of ye olde bootlegs) took an antagonistic stance toward the listener, a “with us or against us” point of view if you will (yikes!). By 1998, the song transformed to say that “The whole world will be different soon / The whole world will be relieved,” an optimistic outlook.

He digresses on a stupid tangent for a second, then gets his brain back...

But the more open, hopeful sentiment, though lodged in a still formidable, ferocious McCready-style punk song, does make more sense in the context of Yield, and the band’s evolving commitment to taking hold of its discontent and bending it towards making some kind of difference.
  • Options

But the more open, hopeful sentiment, though lodged in a still formidable, ferocious McCready-style punk song, does make more sense in the context of Yield, and the band’s evolving commitment to taking hold of its discontent and bending it towards making some kind of difference.

I like that. Good research. :D

I like the word 'bending,' I think that's what this is all about. Taking stock of the present and taking aim at the future and then realizing how the course will be charted to get between A and B.
  • Options
    I like that. Good research. :D

I like the word 'bending,' I think that's what this is all about. Taking stock of the present and taking aim at the future and then realizing how the course will be charted to get between A and B.

I think it was as simple as Ed realizing "Hey, I don't have to pissed off at everything. There is some hope in the world. Let's write about it!"
  • Options
    The “Brain of J” of 1995 (or “Brain of JFK” to fans of ye olde bootlegs) took an antagonistic stance toward the listener, a “with us or against us” point of view if you will (yikes!). By 1998, the song transformed to say that “The whole world will be different soon / The whole world will be relieved,” an optimistic outlook.

this is so dead on. this song is like a time capsule. it literally charts the development of EV's ...if you will...evolution.

the lyrics mirror the times in which they were written.
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    Here's an interesting blog I found when looking for the old lyrics:

http://fivevs1.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/brain-of-j/

He digresses on a stupid tangent for a second, then gets his brain back...

the second part of this proves that we are not all crazy- others see it too! also, was the "go to hell if you dont believe it in the 95 version? I wasnt aware of this.
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    Re: the thirteen days of YIELD...

does it make more sense to do this the Thirteen weeks of YIELD?

That way everyone can drop in when they can and there isn't the time pressure to do it all in a day when everyone's busy.

Maybe we can delay this to coincide with the last week ending in Feb. '08?
    And then summarize with YIELD night 08?

Ideas.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154

If I'm not mistaken, TSIS have a bootleg MP3 of that version...I know I've heard it.

Hopefully, that site will come back up soon.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

Agreed.

Instead of 1 days of presents, we get 8 crazy nights.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    crazy nights

Which was an excellent KISS album from 1987.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Which was an excellent KISS album from 1987.

Seriously...I was waiting for that Fanch. Way to come through for me.

PBM

• Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    Re: the thirteen days of YIELD...

That way everyone can drop in when they can and there isn't the time pressure to do it all in a day when everyone's busy.

Maybe we can delay this to coincide with the last week ending in Feb. '08?
    And then summarize with YIELD night 08?

Ideas.

This is, in all reality, probably the best way to handle it. I know I've been way too busy the last week to get into any serious discussions on any given day, so I think spreading it out over a week might be the best way to do it.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Who here is also obssessed with LOST (notice the capitalization).

It is a very, very, very YIELDy show. rich with metaphor and the paradox of human nature and man vs. nature.

I've never thought to tie the show into the message of YIELD, but yes, I am a faithfull follower of the show. I think it's easily one of the 5 best shows ever on television. I love, too, how just when you start to doubt the show during the lackluster season 2, they give us a gift like Season 3 and totally redeem themselves. And that season finale this year?? Wow.

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    I've never thought to tie the show into the message of YIELD, but yes, I am a faithfull follower of the show. I think it's easily one of the 5 best shows ever on television. I love, too, how just when you start to doubt the show during the lackluster season 2, they give us a gift like Season 3 and totally redeem themselves. And that season finale this year?? Wow.

that show is not yieldy at all.

the only connection between the two is that you like both of them.

:)
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:
    that show is not yieldy at all.

the only connection between the two is that you like both of them.

:)

You're probably right, and that's probably why I never thought of it in that way before, but I will say this.....I think that being on that island would be one time that escape would be a perfectly acceptable route to take. :)

• Options
    Faith vs. Free Will.

Hmmm....sounds familiar.

I think connections could be drawn upon.

PBM