Options

Yield

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    distantsun wrote:
    this group just seems to yes itself to death.

I think this is what BlkFlg and I were refering to...we agree on a great many things, but we are also open to varying points of interest.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Grace6697

*banned*
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    i think that it would be really yieldy to focus on the future and let the past go.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:
    i think that it would be really yieldy to focus on the future and let the past go.

I concur. That's what you new members are all about....moving forward and jump starting life back into this thread.

Hopefully I'll be around more tomorrow and we can get back into some deep YIELD conversations. Have a good evening everyone.

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,122
    Since we are talking about Yield, I have started to read ISHMAEL by Dan Quinn. I understand that some links can be made with Yield and the book. I am up to chapter 4 and can begin to see why. No doubt EVOLUTION is a direct link. Oh how this band makes us branch out in so many directions outside the great music.
    I also think Faithful is an awesome song, give it a spin if you haven't lately.
  • Options
    Since we are talking about Yield, I have started to read ISHMAEL by Dan Quinn. I understand that some links can be made with Yield and the book. I am up to chapter 4 and can begin to see why. No doubt EVOLUTION is a direct link. Oh how this band makes us branch out in so many directions outside the great music.
    Welcome. It's been a while since I've read Ishmael, at least five years.

Please drop in with your observations as you read the book and hopefully we can all chip in with our interpretations of the record and our recollections of the book.

And, yes, Faithfull rawks.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options

I got around to reading it back in '05...it's a really great read. It opened my eyes to a lot of things and affirmed others.

All this talk about Ishmael has made me want to dig out my copy and look it over again.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    I think he went the way of PhillyPJ.

;)

PBM

...and InHiding79. :(
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    EastofEdenEastofEden Posts: 75
    distantsun wrote:
    eden?

Shady?

Thats giving her far too much credit. :)

Anyway, this thread made me play Yield all the way through, beggining to end.
    The power of some albums is beyond words.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So subtly is the fume of life designed
    to clarify the pulse and cloud the mind
    and leave us once again, undone.. possessed.

Be yourself- those who mind dont matter
    and those who matter dont mind.
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Grace6697

Didnt mind her at 00's old board.

Very smart girl with a broad knowledge of PJ and music in general.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Grace6697
    gone but sure as fuck not forgotten

EastofEden wrote:
    Didnt mind her at 00's old board.

Very smart girl with a broad knowledge of PJ and music in general.
    shes over at floyds board now. yes her knowledge for music is fucking amazing.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options

Hi mets. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options

shes over at floyds board now. yes her knowledge for music is fucking amazing.

Is that where they all go now?

I wasnt sure. Been away for months and 00 is the only one I talk to once in a blue. Hes lousy at filling me in on the latest gossip.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    EastofEden wrote:
    Is that where they all go now?

I wasnt sure. Been away for months and 00 is the only one I talk to once in a blue. Hes lousy at filling me in on the latest gossip.
    yup thats where they've all gone.maybe u need a better source then 00 :). nice to see you back on here :)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    yup thats where they've all gone.maybe u need a better source then 00 :)

Yes.
    Hes an out of the looper like me.
    But theres only ever gonna be one 00.

So you must send me occassional gossipy pm's then mets!
    Just because I leave for 6 months at a time, I still wonder about people and hope they are well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Topic integrity problem again?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Topic integrity problem again?

Come on...we had a pretty thorough discussion about the literature that inspired YIELD yesterday.

I don't want you to close the thread (again) because I think we're trying to keep things primarily on topic. We're not insulting anyone and I think we've developed some intelligent conversations.

Hugs,

Message Pit Member #150

Now...back to YIELD...9 year anniversary of SVT is coming up soon...August 4th...keep it marked.

PBM

• Options

Now...back to YIELD...9 year anniversary of SVT is coming up soon...August 4th...keep it marked.

PBM

SVT night?
  • Options
    SVT night?

It's like Chanukah...not as mainstream as YIELD-Night, but celebrated with just as much enthusiam.

PBM

• Options
    It's like Chanukah...not as mainstream as YIELD-Night, but celebrated with just as much enthusiam.

PBM
    Ha, very nice.

We should have a thirteen days of YIELD leading up to the ten year anniversary. Devote each day to one of the songs, then really let loose.

;)
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116
    I haven't posted in here, but Yield is awesome.

I remember lurking and reading about the books that helped inspire Yield. Ishmael was one, but what are some others? I'd like to read some of those. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    becks519becks519 Posts: 13
    Ha, very nice.

We should have a thirteen days of YIELD leading up to the ten year anniversary. Devote each day to one of the songs, then really let loose.

;)

will there be presents involved?
  • Options
    i still want to talk about yield!!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    SVT night?

I'm in! But a lot of people will be at lolla already, no?

I think I posted this already here. Once I was getting ready to watch SVT for the first time with my 7 year old son, and he was concerned about Ed possibly saying "fuck" in the video (we've had issues with this, so we give Ed timeouts when he says that in bootlegs), and I said we'd give him a timeout if he did. Then he asked "mom, why do you think he says 'fuck'?" So I said something about anger, and we talked about it a little.

Anyway, he loved the part of it he was awake for :p.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    I remember going to this little music store just off campus back in '98....I was still a month out from seeing them for the first time.

PBW and I bought the VHS, went to our classes and then went back to my house to watch it (actually, I had to wait all day because I had an air-shift from 3-9 at the radio station).

It was a nice way to get ready for the Knoxville show.

PBM

• Options
    meme wrote:
    I'm in! But a lot of people will be at lolla already, no?

I'm abstaining. So, basically, while everyone else is hunting, I'll be back at the camp tending to the fire.

PBM

• Options

So it is written...so it is done. Starting July 23...with BRAIN OF J.

PBM

• Options
    Ha, very nice.

;)

This might be the best idea yet.

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272

PBM

This made me laugh. I'm down. I missed Yield night because of, shitty things going on, but I'm definitely down for SVT night.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    This might be the best idea yet.

this sounds great. what would it entail exactly?

too bad i will be at lolla!!