Options

Beheaded by ISIS

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Jason P said:

badbrains said:

callen said:

Has anyone heard anything about the men that were beheaded and why they were acting so calm and why they said what they said before their executions? I was just thinking what I would be doing or thinking, and found their behaviors to be odd. But it's hard to say how anyone would be acting in their positions I suppose.

Think you always hope you won't be killed so stay cool.
    Maybe they were drugged?
    That is what I was thinking. I don't think for humane reason, but so they won't fight back. I think most people in that position would be struggling and biting so drugging makes sense.

But I'm not in the head chopping off business so who knows.
    Eh still think they're hoping to end they don't do it. Survivalist instinct. Hope. How I would cope.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Must've been a helluva drug to keep him from reacting to having his throat cut, sans blood, six times before the clip ended (without showing the beheading).....yet allowed him to read his script from the teleprompter so clearly. There are other inconsistencies between this video and other jihadi vids released prior. Supposed video experts have examined the video and called it fake. Not to mention, if I recall correctly, that this video was 'found' by the same agency that found the fake bin laden videos, prior to it's release by the IS. Damn leaks.

Yeah I've thought they could be fakes. Like that ole yellow cake. Or tubes. ? Fuckin bastards.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Must've been a helluva drug to keep him from reacting to having his throat cut, sans blood, six times before the clip ended (without showing the beheading).....yet allowed him to read his script from the teleprompter so clearly. There are other inconsistencies between this video and other jihadi vids released prior. Supposed video experts have examined the video and called it fake. Not to mention, if I recall correctly, that this video was 'found' by the same agency that found the fake bin laden videos, prior to it's release by the IS. Damn leaks.

Yeah I've thought they could be fakes. Like that ole yellow cake. Or tubes. ? Fuckin bastards.
    Ya, and as I mentioned earlier - the UK govt made it clear that even watching the video could be considered an act of terror...'independent analysis? Nah, just take our word for it'.
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/21/world/meast/isis-james-foley/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

peaceful muslims.....are controled by the radical muslims, I think it's time to wake up.

Godfather.

Peaceful Americans.....are controlled by radical hill billies. I think it's time to wake up.

See I can make wild inaccurate claims too. yeeehaaawww
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    badbrains said:

No surprise here that you're the first to come and post this. 1.6 billion Muslims with 99.999999999999% who are PEACEFUL, but let's forget that and talk about a group that our military can wipe out in 3 mins. So what's the issue? Why not take them out? Why keep them around? Oh ya, we need a bad guy to keep the war machine going. Where's your crying GF on gaza? Why aren't you up and arms, screaming about all the dead INNOCENT children on the streets of Gaza. Shit, 3 were murdered just last night. Why no rage from you? Oh, that's right, cuz they're Muslim so it's OK to kill them. Pages and pages of slaughters happening against innocent civilians in gaza and GF posts something about Muslims beheading a journalist. Did you hear his voice,
    Sounds British to me. Mite want to attack England next for sending these guys over there.

spot on.

Innocent man beheaded by British man is certainly more accurate. Pesky brits are at it again, peace loving me arse, just look at their history, deport them all.....................
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    That wacko fundamentalist group In Africa joined the party and lobbed the dome off a French citizen yesterday.This is becoming a new sport with these animals.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,996
    Garners attention and perhaps splits France's capabilities.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iraqi-woman-activist-killed-by-islamic-state/2014/09/25/32419b28-4499-11e4-8042-aaff1640082e_story.html

By Associated Press September 25 at 10:37 AM

BAGHDAD — Militants with the Islamic State group publicly killed a rights lawyer in the Iraqi city of Mosul after their self-styled Islamic court ruled that she had abandoned Islam, the U.N. mission in Iraq said Thursday.

Samira Salih al-Nuaimi was seized from her home on Sept. 17 after allegedly posting messages on Facebook that were critical of the militants’ destruction of religious sites in Mosul.

According to the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq, al-Nuaimi was tried in a so-called “Sharia court” for apostasy, after which she was tortured for five days before the militants sentenced her to “public execution.”

She was killed on Monday, the U.N. mission said. Her Facebook page appears to have been removed since her death.

“By torturing and executing a female human rights’ lawyer and activist, defending in particular the civil and human rights of her fellow citizens in Mosul, ISIL continues to attest to its infamous nature, combining hatred, nihilism and savagery, as well as its total disregard of human decency,” Nickolay Mladenov, the U.N. envoy to Iraq, said in a statement, referring to the group by an acronym.

The militant group captured Iraq’s second largest city Mosul during its rapid advance across the country’s north and west in June, as Iraqi security forces melted away. The extremists now rule a vast, self-declared caliphate straddling the Syria-Iraq border in which they have imposed a harsh version of Islamic law and beheaded and massacred their opponents.

In the once-diverse city of Mosul, the group has forced religious minorities to convert to Islam, pay special taxes or die, causing tens of thousands to flee. The militants have enforced a strict dress code on women, going so far as to veil the faces of female mannequins in store fronts.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Strange to think think this kid comes from where I live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8TLu514EgU
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for sharing dignin, these people are clearly mentally disturbed.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    hahahhahha I'll bet this will wad up their head wraps =))

Godfather.

(CNN) -- Maj. Mariam Al Mansouri may be ISIS' worst nightmare.

The first female fighter pilot in the United Arab Emirates, she led a strike mission this week against the terror group, that country's ambassador to the United States said Thursday.

"She is (a) fully qualified, highly trained, combat ready pilot, and she led the mission," Yousef Al Otaiba told MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

The UAE has joined the United States and a handful of other Arab nations in conducting airstrikes against ISIS in Syria.

This summer, the group declared the establishment of a "caliphate," an Islamic state stretching across the territory it has conquered. It maintains strict rules for women, who are lashed for infractions such as not being fully covered.

Al Otaiba said the campaign against ISIS basically boils down to the question of what type of society one wants.

"It's important for us -- moderate Arabs, moderate Muslims -- to step up and say this is a threat against us. This is more of a threat against us than it is against you. This is not just a threat to our countries. This is a threat to our way of life," the ambassador told MSNBC.

CNN spoke to Al Mansouri earlier this year about her work. She had wanted to be a fighter pilot since she finished high school, but had to wait until women were allowed.

"At that time, the doors were not open for females to be pilots. So I had to wait almost 10 years for the decision to be taken," Al Mansouri said.

She stressed there's no difference between men and women when it comes to defending their country.

"We are in a hot area so that we have to prepare every citizen," Al Mansouri said. "Of course, everybody is responsible of defending their country -- male or female. When the time will come, everybody will jump in."

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    dignin said:

Strange to think think this kid comes from where I live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8TLu514EgU

He wants freedom. But wants Sharia Law which squashes freedom.

He wants to live in peace with his family. He also loves being under attack.

When asked why they need to behead prisoners … his response is that only Allah knows.

And he states the when ISIS finish cutting off the heads of the entire earth’s population and turn our children into slaves, that is when ISIS will stop and live in peace … maybe … he made sure to leave ISIS’s options open when they reach that point.

That about sums things up.
  • Options
    One Of The World's Most Influential Sheiks Has Issued A Fatwā Against ISIS

As the West grapples with the increasing reach of ISIS on home soil and as random and planned acts of terrorism continue to develop, the Islamic world is not siting idly by.

Earlier this week in his speech before the United Nations, US President Barack Obama signaled out the leadership being offered by a group of Muslim clerics led by Shaykh Abdallah bin Bayyah. This group, known as the Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies, issued a very powerful Fatwā* in opposition to the actions of ISIS and as a warning to young Muslims who may be attracted to its cause.

Titled “This is Not the Path to Paradise, Response to ISIS,” the Fatwā highlights that ISIS actions are against the tenets of Islam.

This is addressed to the young men who bear arms against their own nations and destroy both country and countrymen. You have abandoned all values and made enemies of the world. We call on you to pause, reflect, and heed this counsel for the sake of all who want good for our community.

It then offers four quotes from Islamic teachings before continuing with “A Statement to the Muslim World and its Leaders” reminding them to “Remember and Consider the Question Why?"

It is powerful stuff, and it takes aim at Fatwās that “have justified bloodshed while disregarding Islamic law’s mandates of civil obedience, respect for life, and to refrain from divisiveness, irrespective of how morally degraded a society becomes. Instead, there are inappropriate claims of engaging in jihad and addressing the ills of society without fulfilling the conditions of doing so, which has led to even more suffering.”

The full text offers guidance with an aim at returning Islam and Muslims worldwide to core values, noting there is a “pressing need to strengthen the immune system of the Muslim world against the extremism and violence that exists within it, regardless of where the violence is directed or how it began. The time is now for Muslim societies — individuals and political entities — to work together towards what is right and good and to place the higher interests of humanity and the world above personal interests.”

It ends where it began, with an entreaty to younger Muslims in the West saying they should “remain steadfast in the face of the empty claims and promises made before them and to live the Islamic law properly so that they will not be duped into confusing falsehood with truth. This applies, in particular, to those who do not have a command of Arabic and do not understand the language of the Qur’an.”

* A Fatwā in the Islamic faith is the term for the legal opinion or learned interpretation that a qualified jurist or mufti can give on issues pertaining to the Islamic law.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/one-of-the-worlds-most-influential-sheiks-has-issued-a-fatwa-against-isis-2014-9#ixzz3EQtkH56e
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942

Godfather.

The first female fighter pilot in the United Arab Emirates, she led a strike mission this week against the terror group, that country's ambassador to the United States said Thursday.

"She is (a) fully qualified, highly trained, combat ready pilot, and she led the mission," Yousef Al Otaiba told MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

The UAE has joined the United States and a handful of other Arab nations in conducting airstrikes against ISIS in Syria.

This summer, the group declared the establishment of a "caliphate," an Islamic state stretching across the territory it has conquered. It maintains strict rules for women, who are lashed for infractions such as not being fully covered.

Al Otaiba said the campaign against ISIS basically boils down to the question of what type of society one wants.

"It's important for us -- moderate Arabs, moderate Muslims -- to step up and say this is a threat against us. This is more of a threat against us than it is against you. This is not just a threat to our countries. This is a threat to our way of life," the ambassador told MSNBC.

CNN spoke to Al Mansouri earlier this year about her work. She had wanted to be a fighter pilot since she finished high school, but had to wait until women were allowed.

"At that time, the doors were not open for females to be pilots. So I had to wait almost 10 years for the decision to be taken," Al Mansouri said.

She stressed there's no difference between men and women when it comes to defending their country.

"We are in a hot area so that we have to prepare every citizen," Al Mansouri said. "Of course, everybody is responsible of defending their country -- male or female. When the time will come, everybody will jump in."

Regardless of what the article you posted said, I have to ask: "Wad up their head wraps"? There are too many casual slurs I could aim at almost any person for their name, religion, nationality, race, allegiances, choice of activities, etc., but I refrain. It's not funny, it's offensive. You degrade your own voice when you resort to pathetic jabs in others' directions.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Oklahoma Terrorism Police: Oklahoma Woman Beheaded By Former Co-Worker

A man has allegedly beheaded a former coworker and was in the process of attacking a second woman after having recently been fired from his job at a food processing plant in Moore, Oklahoma.

"Yes, she was beheaded," Moore Police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis told The Associated Press before a Friday news conference.

Police said the suspect, who has not yet been charged, entered the warehouse where he had worked and assaulted the first two people he encountered with the type of knife that employees use at the plant.

The attacked allegedly severed the head of 54-year-old Colleen Hufford Nolen and then attacked 43-year-old Traci Johnson.

At that point a former CEO of the business, and an Oklahoma County Reserve Deputy, Mark Vaughan, responded on the scene and shot the suspect.

"This suspect was angry about some sort of incident that happened at the business," Sgt. Jeremy Lewis of the Moore Police Department said during a press conference. "These women really had nothing to do with that. He was just acting out against them. They are the first people he came in contact with."

There are conflicting reports that the suspect, who had recently converted to Islam, had been radicalized and carried out the attacks due to his religion. The New York Post reports that he had previously tried to convert his coworkers to Islam and had shouted Islamic phrases during the attacks based on a tweet from Robin Marsh, a news anchor with Oklahoma station KWTV-9.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/oklahoma-man-allegedly-beheads-co-worker-2014-9#ixzz3ESEgEb5M
  • Options
    Imagine if he had a gun with 50 round clip.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    I posted this story over in one of the many gun threads. I am not a big proponent of firearms or conceal carry, but I do have to admit it does seem like this could have been worse had their not been a gun present there to stop him. That may change as we learn more, but for now this is what it looks like.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Imagine if his co-worker didn't carry a concealed gun.
  • Options
    Moonpig said:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/21/world/meast/isis-james-foley/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

peaceful muslims.....are controled by the radical muslims, I think it's time to wake up.

Godfather.

Peaceful Americans.....are controlled by radical hill billies. I think it's time to wake up.

See I can make wild inaccurate claims too. yeeehaaawww
    no ...you're spot on Irishman :))

Godfather.
  • Options
    I'll try to stay off my "jump to conclusions mat" for the next 24 hours. :)
  • Options
    benjs said:

Godfather.

Regardless of what the article you posted said, I have to ask: "Wad up their head wraps"? There are too many casual slurs I could aim at almost any person for their name, religion, nationality, race, allegiances, choice of activities, etc., but I refrain. It's not funny, it's offensive. You degrade your own voice when you resort to pathetic jabs in others' directions.
    dude...really ?????

Godfather.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

benjs said:

Godfather.

dude...really ?????

Godfather.

What, did he get your white hood in a wad? :-)
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    rr165892 said:

That wacko fundamentalist group In Africa joined the party and lobbed the dome off a French citizen yesterday.This is becoming a new sport with these animals.

this is not a new sport
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

rr165892 said:

this is not a new sport
    You're right they are just upping the body count.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rr165892 said:

CM189191 said:

rr165892 said:

this is not a new sport
    Come on guys. Let's not over state it. 100% beheadings are completely bullshit and WRONG, but let's be real here. How many pics were posted of bodies of babies in gaza decapitated during that offensive? No one was beating the war drums against Israel. Why? Plz don't say Israel was just defending itself cuz we all know that's NOT true. Shit, some of the pics were removed because they were that BAD. I'm in NO WAY saying is isn't bad or the devils cuz they are. And now we hear an imam has issued a fatawa against them.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

CM189191 said:

rr165892 said:

this is not a new sport
    Come on guys. Let's not over state it. 100% beheadings are completely bullshit and WRONG, but let's be real here. How many pics were posted of bodies of babies in gaza decapitated during that offensive? No one was beating the war drums against Israel. Why? Plz don't say Israel was just defending itself cuz we all know that's NOT true. Shit, some of the pics were removed because they were that BAD. I'm in NO WAY saying is isn't bad or the devils cuz they are. And now we hear an imam has issued a fatawa against them.

If you want to be real; nobody give's a rat's arse about Palestine. There is a strong anti-Muslim sentiment in the Western world and groups like ISIS only add fuel to that fire. Face it, as soon as a new radical Islamic group pops up, confirmation bias rears its ugly head and the West is yet again able to verify that Muslims are a special kind of evil. This is why much of the West can forgive Israel when they bomb the hell out of Palestine. As soon as Palestine starts firing off rockets (a desperate and politically ill-advised manoeuvre brought on by desperation) Israel is essentially given a free pass to do whatever they want.

As for these beheadings, It's amazing that the death of a few journalists is going to trigger yet another multibillion dollar conflict that will cost the lives of American soldiers and do nothing more than further ignite tensions in what is already one of the most volatile regions on earth. Then again, this was never about a few overzealous journalists was it? It doesn't take much to start a new war these days.
  • Options
    BB,Good Morning and I see your point,but I think your off base a little.There was plenty of outrage over what went on In Palestine.So much so that I think part of the world that had been Deaf and Blind to Gaza finally took notice and started to pay attention.I think that helped ease and stop the out right war activities.
    These guys have zero good and only want to slaughter as many Muslims (The ones who don't drink the kook aid)and westerners as they can.They like those idiots who are also going for their own shock n awe in Africa,want nothing but Unrest and the beheading are meant to taunt us and draw us in.I love that the Arab world is involved.I argued many threads ago,that's what I wanted to see and I'm glad the are kicking some tail.Did you see the write up on the female pilot from UAE.That there says a whole lot in and of itself,if you get what I mean.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ...."Beheading are meant to taunt us and draw us in."

I agree....so why do you support taking the bait? The "pure evil" argument is all I see from mainstream media, if it's just shock and awe why would we let ourselves be drawn in? I feel like there is some nasty cognitive dissonance in recognizing that war is profitable and still supporting war based off the profiteers given motives.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?