Options

Beheaded by ISIS

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,983
    Idris said:

benjs said:

So, I've got a question. What do you think when you hear someone say "they (IS) are barbarians, and the Middle East at large has proven they do not have everything under control, so how can we justify doing nothing?"

A friend mentioned how American interventionism was critical in the defeat of the Nazis and how we couldn't have stood by and allowed them to gain further power (to be honest, I would be lying if I said I'm familiar on the political/militaristic scenarios of WWII), and used that notion to legitimize intervention in this scenario. To me, I don't think they're parallel scenarios, but I had no evidence to back that statement up. What says you, fine folks of the PJ Boards?

Did your friend also mention that some of our people/groups/industries helped give rise to the Third Reich?

and before that, we can get into Eugenics, something Hitler learned much from us, (U.S.A.)

"We do not stand alone": Nazi poster from 1936 introducing compulsory sterilization legislation. The United States flag is prominently displayed as one of the eugenic states of the world.(Wikipedia)
    I forgot about that... The IBM connection in particular is quite shocking when you read about it. And that's very interesting about eugenics, thanks! I'll be sure to read more into these ideas.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rgambs said:

And of course the timing is impeccable, with today's date people will be all riled up and emotional and lend their undying devotion to whatever fool notion they take away from their Rubetubes

Didn't even think about this. Corporations and their pawns play us so easily.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Still trying to wrap my head around who, what, where they will be bombing in Syria.

According to the President, the terrorists "wherever they are".

Interesting that Obama is using Authorization for Use of Military Force to justify his new action against Syria. The same guy who was opposed to using AUMF when campaigning in 2008.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/10/is-obama-s-new-war-against-isis-illegal.html#
    Ideally, when beginning a new war like Obama is doing now, the president would ask Congress to declare it. That is the approach that he took a year ago when Obama came close to authorizing airstrikes against the Syrian government as a response to its chemical weapons attacks on rebel positions outside of Damascus.

This approach is also consistent with how Obama himself campaigned for the presidency in 2008. During the campaign he told The Boston Globe, “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”

[...]

But almost as soon as he began the air campaign, Obama’s war got much broader. By the end of August, U.S. aircraft were striking ISIS targets in Iraq near the Mosul dam to protect Iraq’s critical infrastructure. In a few short weeks, the initial narrow aims of the war had expanded.

Now Obama seeks to expand that war even more. Addressing the nation Wednesday evening he said he reserved the right to strike ISIS targets in Syria. “I have made it clear that we will hunt down terrorists who threaten our country, wherever they are,” he said.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    benjs said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

So, I've got a question. What do you think when you hear someone say "they (IS) are barbarians, and the Middle East at large has proven they do not have everything under control, so how can we justify doing nothing?"

A friend mentioned how American interventionism was critical in the defeat of the Nazis and how we couldn't have stood by and allowed them to gain further power (to be honest, I would be lying if I said I'm familiar on the political/militaristic scenarios of WWII), and used that notion to legitimize intervention in this scenario. To me, I don't think they're parallel scenarios, but I had no evidence to back that statement up. What says you, fine folks of the PJ Boards?

Did your friend also mention that some of our people/groups/industries helped give rise to the Third Reich?

and before that, we can get into Eugenics, something Hitler learned much from us, (U.S.A.)

"We do not stand alone": Nazi poster from 1936 introducing compulsory sterilization legislation. The United States flag is prominently displayed as one of the eugenic states of the world.(Wikipedia)
    I forgot about that... The IBM connection in particular is quite shocking when you read about it. And that's very interesting about eugenics, thanks! I'll be sure to read more into these ideas.

Yep! IBM was a big one, also major banks/systems helped fund Hitler, where did Hitler get (part) fuel/oil from? ([DuPont-Standard Oil), GM,GE...

It goes on and on.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Most likely they will strike any armament build-ups near the Iraq border to push ISIS further back into Syria, essentially creating a demilitarized zone policed by constant air patrols. Cut off supply lines and then systematically eliminate remaining ISIS within Iraq using Kurdish and Iraqi forces backed by US intelligence. At least that is what I would do.

What I would not do is give a bunch of weapons to any group fighting within Syria. That would be very dumb.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Looks like another one...these westerners needs to stay the fuck out of there.
    Isis video claims to show beheading of British hostage David Haineshttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/13/isis-video-david-haines-beheading
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/14/world/meast/isis-david-haines-beheading/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

this group of muslim fudgtards/isis should be and hopefully will be removed from the world,thier death is the only answer to ending this crap and any group that comes about with the same agenda should be delt with swiftly in the same way.

Godfather.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/14/world/meast/isis-david-haines-beheading/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

this group of muslim fudgtards/isis should be and hopefully will be removed from the world,thier death is the only answer to ending this crap and any group that comes about with the same agenda should be delt with swiftly in the same way.

Godfather.

Death by beheading or death by bombs dropped onto countries indiscriminately? And again, WHO created thIS? Look, I'm totally against beheadings and IS (they've killed more Muslims then anyone else), but when are we gonna hold the REAL people behind all these fucked up things happening around the world accountable? I'm not talking shit to you GF, but man, dig deeper when you're searching for answers. I LOVE America bro, but I'm also NOT BLIND to the atrocities our great leaders have commited in OUR name. People just don't wake up one day and say,"fuck America and their freedoms!" They don't. You've stated before that us humans, we have it in us to divide and conquer right? Well, maybe "other" humans are sick and tired of being divided and conquered. Maybe they've had enough of being poked at after all these years. Maybe they're sick and tired of being bullied around. Maybe they're sick of family members being killed for oil, land and $$$. Or maybe WE created this intentionally knowing what would happen in order for us to REMAIN there. We have the smartest people in the world belonging to these think tanks right? So maybe this mess was done intentionally. Maybe this is EXACTLLY what they wanted. Maybe this whole "dumb policy" is part of the plan after all. Maybe, just maybe, we're the dumb asses and all of Washington is sitting there laughing at us all. Maybe
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    T'ain't no maybe to it! Open eyes and follow the money trail!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    There are indeed many that profit from this conflict. And agree BB easy to recruit as the west has caused justified hatred and thirst for revenge. The west though attempted to leave the area and that caused a vacuum giving opportunists means to further their agenda and ideals. Even if the west completely left the Arab states alone for last 20 years feel that the fundamentalists would still be causing havoc. So it's true the west made it worse, protecting interests of corporations, we can't blame all ills on them. And the hatred of Muslims by westerners, as demonstrated on this board is result of extremist Muslims. Works both ways. Be headings 9-11.

So I like your idea of think tanks but don't think either the religious or the powerful would welcome recommendations.

The Arab countries should of stepped up and readily sent support to stabilize. But didn't. And likely won't.

War is good for the global economy and that will ensure its continuance.

As stated above if your a white boy stay away.

Bit off topic but McCain and Lindsey and all the other defense company lobbyists that supported giving weapons to "Syrian Rebels" and furthering our involvement in Syria should be called out and removed from office.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Cheney was at Congress drumming up support for action, that is enough information right there to tell that this shit is crooked.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Cheney was at Congress drumming up support for action, that is enough information right there to tell that this shit is crooked.

And for him to even get a stage is just fucking disgusting. Stupid humans.
  • Options
    callen said:

rgambs said:

And for him to even get a stage is just fucking disgusting. Stupid humans.
    Both posts spot on.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,234
    callen said:

There are indeed many that profit from this conflict. And agree BB easy to recruit as the west has caused justified hatred and thirst for revenge. The west though attempted to leave the area and that caused a vacuum giving opportunists means to further their agenda and ideals. Even if the west completely left the Arab states alone for last 20 years feel that the fundamentalists would still be causing havoc. So it's true the west made it worse, protecting interests of corporations, we can't blame all ills on them. And the hatred of Muslims by westerners, as demonstrated on this board is result of extremist Muslims. Works both ways. Be headings 9-11.

So I like your idea of think tanks but don't think either the religious or the powerful would welcome recommendations.

The Arab countries should of stepped up and readily sent support to stabilize. But didn't. And likely won't.

Bit off topic but McCain and Lindsey and all the other defense company lobbyists that supported giving weapons to "Syrian Rebels" and furthering our involvement in Syria should be called out and removed from office.

the "west" never left. Oil companies remain. As such they will be protected.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Dirt i tell you, ''dirt'' if they dont repent...
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    These people are lucky if they die peacefully....
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Godfather.

Death by beheading or death by bombs dropped onto countries indiscriminately? And again, WHO created thIS? Look, I'm totally against beheadings and IS (they've killed more Muslims then anyone else), but when are we gonna hold the REAL people behind all these fucked up things happening around the world accountable? I'm not talking shit to you GF, but man, dig deeper when you're searching for answers. I LOVE America bro, but I'm also NOT BLIND to the atrocities our great leaders have commited in OUR name. People just don't wake up one day and say,"fuck America and their freedoms!" They don't. You've stated before that us humans, we have it in us to divide and conquer right? Well, maybe "other" humans are sick and tired of being divided and conquered. Maybe they've had enough of being poked at after all these years. Maybe they're sick and tired of being bullied around. Maybe they're sick of family members being killed for oil, land and $$$. Or maybe WE created this intentionally knowing what would happen in order for us to REMAIN there. We have the smartest people in the world belonging to these think tanks right? So maybe this mess was done intentionally. Maybe this is EXACTLLY what they wanted. Maybe this whole "dumb policy" is part of the plan after all. Maybe, just maybe, we're the dumb asses and all of Washington is sitting there laughing at us all. Maybe

I myself like a lot of other people react to what we know I don't know who's fucking who in oil deals....other than the consumer taking in the ass at the pump, I'm tired of reading about terrorist camps on american soil, I'm tired of a president who spends more time making excuses for terrorist orginisations, I'm tired of watching the islam radicals or who ever they are saying that that want their laws/customs in America, I'm tired of these sick fucks posting videos and pictures of decapitations, I have no sympthy for them or their complaints, I don't like the fact that so many of them are coming to our country, and saying that we are all imigrants is assnine and giving up what Americans have worked for and died for so some usless fuck can come here and try to force their customs on us is even more assnine. not a rant at you man just a good opertunity to clear out my gripes.

Godfather.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069

saying that we are all imigrants is assnine ... is even more assnine.

Well, look at that: Godfather learned a new word.

Next step: Learning to spell it correctly.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,983
    Come on fuck.. Please don't get yourself banned. You provide far too much quality info around here to stoop to this level to attack someone's intelligence and risk it all.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

callen said:

the "west" never left. Oil companies remain. As such they will be protected.
    Yes true and good point. Was referring to troops but yeah we never really left.
  • Options
    This place is gonna be silent very soon. Fucken unreal byrnzie is banned. Congrats guys, you did a great job. It's funny how a band has a known Singer who's said some things that has pissed off a lot of people in the past but the minute someone on this site that's IN AMERICA, a country known for freedom of speech, offends someone, BANG, banned for life. Really? I find it sad that in this day and age, we have people policing these sites waiting to pounce. Attacking someone personally? Really? That's offensive? We're on a bands site where the lead singer during a concert said that a fellows bands music sounds like someone stuck a Popsicle in their ass or something to that extent (good Charlotte msg). Where the singer walked on stage wearing a bush mask and offended the entire Republican Party. But someone calls someone shit or something like that and bang, he's banned. And the best part, is ones banned for life and the other will be allowed to post again. Looks like good old roger goodill is running the forums. Where does the guy find the time.....
  • Options
    edited September 2014

badbrains said:

Godfather.

I myself like a lot of other people react to what we know I don't know who's fucking who in oil deals....other than the consumer taking in the ass at the pump, I'm tired of reading about terrorist camps on american soil, I'm tired of a president who spends more time making excuses for terrorist orginisations, I'm tired of watching the islam radicals or who ever they are saying that that want their laws/customs in America, I'm tired of these sick fucks posting videos and pictures of decapitations, I have no sympthy for them or their complaints, I don't like the fact that so many of them are coming to our country, and saying that we are all imigrants is assnine and giving up what Americans have worked for and died for so some usless fuck can come here and try to force their customs on us is even more assnine. not a rant at you man just a good opertunity to clear out my gripes.

Godfather.
    GF think some of your list is more perceived than reality.

You have an actual chance to be injured and killed today by many things. By terrorist? No.

The president has created less potential future terrorists than last admin.

Broaden your perspectives. And turn off Fox and conservative am radio.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    badbrains said:

This place is gonna be silent very soon. Fucken unreal byrnzie is banned. Congrats guys, you did a great job. It's funny how a band has a known Singer who's said some things that has pissed off a lot of people in the past but the minute someone on this site that's IN AMERICA, a country known for freedom of speech, offends someone, BANG, banned for life. Really? I find it sad that in this day and age, we have people policing these sites waiting to pounce. Attacking someone personally? Really? That's offensive? We're on a bands site where the lead singer during a concert said that a fellows bands music sounds like someone stuck a Popsicle in their ass or something to that extent (good Charlotte msg). Where the singer walked on stage wearing a bush mask and offended the entire Republican Party. But someone calls someone shit or something like that and bang, he's banned. And the best part, is ones banned for life and the other will be allowed to post again. Looks like good old roger goodill is running the forums. Where does the guy find the time.....

Here here
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    Man, the bolded part makes me wonder how you can have such bold opinions...how can you admit that you're just reacting to the news, without questioning your views? You sometimes concede points, back down, apologize, or whatever, when someone makes a point that counters and opinion of yours, yet you'll make the same kind of comment in the next thread. We've kinda established that you also stir shit up here for entertainment, but good god man....if you can admit (which I'm sure you can!) that the media is pretty much full of shit...then you also admit that it's all you know and you're reacting to it....then you need a better understanding of the power of your words. Even if you try to tell me you're not out to influence anyone, you still do! On this forum, for instance...If someone is reading one of your anti-Islam rants, and has the same political leanings/biases as you, they feel vindicated by your words. Even if you later back down or change your tone, you've reinforced a viewpoint on which you don't know more than fox taught you. Your admittedly uninformed views also influence your votes (if you vote). Take the time to read about oil deals and the history and the roots of terrorism (hint: no terrorist considers themself a terrorist!)
    you know we try to point you in those directions all the time, right? You're choosing not to know this stuff because it interferes with your ideologies and nationalist ideals, and that is the number one cause of war on this planet.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    callen said:

badbrains said:

Here here
    These people are paid customers. No reason anyone should be banned. Sure, we'll take your money, we just don't want your opinion. Sound familiar?
  • Options
    benjs said:

Come on fuck.. Please don't get yourself banned. You provide far too much quality info around here to stoop to this level to attack someone's intelligence and risk it all.

internet wise guy's, I wonder how people would talk to and react with others outside the internet forums ?

Godfather.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Wtf is going on in these here PJ interweb boards today.Holy shit.Like a dark cloud.
    Wow! To the Byrnzie thing.I don't think we agreed on anything,but damn if the dude wasn't prepared to debate,educated on his issues and full of passion. I don't want to agree with everything and everyone.I don't want to have opinions that are like mine the only ones I read.I think the diversity of thought and expression of contrasting thinking is what makes this little community so textured and rich.I don't think we are better for this.And this place won't be as exciting for sure.Espescially on Middle East issues.
    I've always pictured Him in a basement bunker in China with like 50 computer screens just watching news feeds and world events and posting his views.lol.Pure entertainment.I know a few of you were close/looked up to him.Sorry guys.
    Peace B.Didnt agree with ya but cool runnings.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Wtf is going on in these here PJ interweb boards today.Holy shit.Like a dark cloud.
    Wow! To the Byrnzie thing.I don't think we agreed on anything,but damn if the dude wasn't prepared to debate,educated on his issues and full of passion. I don't want to agree with everything and everyone.I don't want to have opinions that are like mine the only ones I read.I think the diversity of thought and expression of contrasting thinking is what makes this little community so textured and rich.I don't think we are better for this.And this place won't be as exciting for sure.Espescially on Middle East issues.
    I've always pictured Him in a basement bunker in China with like 50 computer screens just watching news feeds and world events and posting his views.lol.Pure entertainment.I know a few of you were close/looked up to him.Sorry guys.
    Peace B.Didnt agree with ya but cool runnings.

Classy post RR.