Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    JC29856 said:

Having seen the Wilson face photos, my dull razor does more damage then aggressive face hulk Hogan did to Wilson's.

If Brown did in fact say "you're to much of a pussy to shoot me" i would tend to agree, Wilson does look like a total wuss.

So a cop needs to get 'really beat down' before they can defend themselves?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:

I think that prosecutor did a good job with his 45 minute explanation. If he would have just went out there for 5 minutes and dropped the decision I think violence (more then what went down) would have erupted.

No wonder the decision was delayed. He must have been working on that speech for the last two weeks.

Not a great speech. Saying the grand jurors gave their lives up was very insensitive, and he was confrontational about the media...just not a great tone. The explanation wasn't terrible though.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

rr165892 said:

dignin said:

Browns death is maybe the straw that breaks the camels back, or at least I hope so.

The system is broken.

I'm not saying the system does not have its flaws, but is it possible that the grand jury ruled correctly based on the evidence they had?

I've heard no shots in the back. I've heard Brown attacked several times. I've heard DNA on pants, shirt, and inside car of Wilson's. I've also heard many key witnesses recanted their testimony- saying they were influenced by social media.

They are releasing all the evidence from what I have heard. This should help make things a little clearer, but it really is hard to know what to think given the media playing us like fiddles over the last few months.
    Browns blood is on handle and trigger of Wilson's gun.Ahhhh,how did it get there I wonder without browns hand being on the gun?Must be a conspiracy of the crime scene guys and DA and Police and Grand Jury civilians OR like many on here have stated Brown was at fault.He was criminal who disobeyed and tried to assault a cop and take his gun.Now idiots are burning it all down.Way to shine in the spotlight Ferguson.Classy.Im sure your message just got thru load and clear.....

I haven't seen this blood on handle and trigger evidence? If it was then it proves nothing other then blood traveling to handle and trigger which could have gotten there when Brown pushed the gun away when "Wilson shot in Brown's direction". If Brown's fingerprints or non blood dna which don't splatter and travel were found on trigger and handle then that's a completely different story.
    Quit with the critical thinking.

I was going to say quit with the stubbornness (notice he never said anything about the witnesses recanting their testimonies, Brown's DNA in the car, no wounds in the back, and those other items that support the officer of the laws' version of events?).

I realize both of you have had your story straight the moment it broke on twitter. It must be very unsettling to discover your version of what happened wasn't exactly what occurred.

Both of you are reaching. It's possible we have been sold a bill of goods, but knowing what we know... buying the official explanation of Brown's death is a far cry from being asked to buy... say, Steven Biko's official explanation of death.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I wont say it....but it's pretty clear.

"He stressed that jurors were "the only people who heard every witness ... and every piece of evidence." He said many witnesses presented conflicting statements that were inconsistent with the physical evidence."

Godfather.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I think that prosecutor did a good job with his 45 minute explanation. If he would have just went out there for 5 minutes and dropped the decision I think violence (more then what went down) would have erupted.

No wonder the decision was delayed. He must have been working on that speech for the last two weeks.

Not a great speech. Saying the grand jurors gave their lives up was very insensitive, and he was confrontational about the media...just not a great tone. The explanation wasn't terrible though.
    Yeah, at about 30 minutes I figured he was better off to stop talking as he had pretty much peaked out and he was risking sticking his foot in his mouth. There is the old saying, quit while you are ahead.

I think he was within rights to ream the media.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

rr165892 said:

dignin said:

Browns death is maybe the straw that breaks the camels back, or at least I hope so.

The system is broken.

I'm not saying the system does not have its flaws, but is it possible that the grand jury ruled correctly based on the evidence they had?

I've heard no shots in the back. I've heard Brown attacked several times. I've heard DNA on pants, shirt, and inside car of Wilson's. I've also heard many key witnesses recanted their testimony- saying they were influenced by social media.

They are releasing all the evidence from what I have heard. This should help make things a little clearer, but it really is hard to know what to think given the media playing us like fiddles over the last few months.
    Browns blood is on handle and trigger of Wilson's gun.Ahhhh,how did it get there I wonder without browns hand being on the gun?Must be a conspiracy of the crime scene guys and DA and Police and Grand Jury civilians OR like many on here have stated Brown was at fault.He was criminal who disobeyed and tried to assault a cop and take his gun.Now idiots are burning it all down.Way to shine in the spotlight Ferguson.Classy.Im sure your message just got thru load and clear.....

I haven't seen this blood on handle and trigger evidence? If it was then it proves nothing other then blood traveling to handle and trigger which could have gotten there when Brown pushed the gun away when "Wilson shot in Brown's direction". If Brown's fingerprints or non blood dna which don't splatter and travel were found on trigger and handle then that's a completely different story.

I was going to say quit with the stubbornness (notice he never said anything about the witnesses recanting their testimonies, Brown's DNA in the car, no wounds in the back, and those other items that support the officer of the laws' version of events?).

I realize both of you have had your story straight the moment it broke on twitter. It must be very unsettling to discover your version of what happened wasn't exactly what occurred.

Both of you are reaching. It's possible we have been sold a bill of goods, but knowing what we know... buying the official explanation of Brown's death is a far cry from being asked to buy... say, Steven Biko's official explanation of death.

The information was just released 10 hours ago, once i read thru it, i will post my findings, I'm first looking thru Wilson's account. I haven't made my mind up because i haven't read thru all the info once i do i will make my mind up, until then go back to "stuff and nonsense".

Finally Wilson's real official story, not from Josie not from leakers, still no police report as required by law immediately after the incident.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

rr165892 said:

dignin said:

The system is broken.

And what "story" might that be? I'm pretty sure I haven't had a "story" all along. You are welcome to go back in the thread and find out where I made up a "story" but I think you would be hard pressed.

I have always been sceptical of the police version. But at no time did I say Wilson was guilty or innocent. I have never had my version of the story. I've been trying to stick to the facts all along.

Please do not put words in my mouth.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    When you have local politicians calling for race war and local leaders blaming the tone and timing of a prosecutor's speech for their constituents burning down their own city, something is wrong. I was deeply disturbed by that last night.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited November 2014
    JimmyV said:

When you have local politicians calling for race war and local leaders blaming the tone and timing of a prosecutor's speech for their constituents burning down their own city, something is wrong. I was deeply disturbed by that last night.

Well politicians are usually crooks and these so called local leaders haven't a clue..to me the timing of speech and tone are irrelevant. They could have scheduled a press conference at 4am thanksgiving morning and the same shit would have happened.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

JimmyV said:

Well politicians are usually crooks and these so called local leaders haven't a clue..to me the timing of speech and tone are irrelevant. They could have scheduled a press conference at 4am thanksgiving morning and the same shit would have happened.
    Agreed. I also think the decision to not indict because irrelevant. Those that wanted to riot were going to do so either way, whether it be in "protest" or "celebration". Very sad this morning for the people of Ferguson. So many lost property and businesses and jobs last night. For nothing.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

can someone start a separate thread about the riots, looting, fires, blaming, police presence, tone and timing, thugs, FOX, CNN or should i start a separate thread like "grand jury testimony...no stuff and nonsense"?

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    The prosecutor was pro police from the beginning....no doubt.

Hearing Wilson's version certainly adds a lot of perspective but I am still hung up on the "charging" that he said Brown did toward him while he was blasting away. That just doesn't jive.

It will be interesting to see how the evidence gets reinterpreted now. I'm guessing there is going to be a motherfucker of a civil suit.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

can someone start a separate thread about the riots, looting, fires, blaming, police presence, tone and timing, thugs, FOX, CNN or should i start a separate thread like "grand jury testimony...no stuff and nonsense"?

I see no problem with having this all in the same thread.

• Options
    I think it is all part of the same story now.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    The distain the general public has for police officers is disgusting. The simple fact that Brown would slam the car door closed and say "fuck what you have to say." What did Wilson do? Ask Brown and his friend to use the sidewalk.

Who would want to be a cop when you have ass holes like that crawling around you every day. Well, I'd like to say thank you to all of the people that become police officers. It's a difficult job especially when you have to deal with idiots like this.
  • Options
    while trying to kill wilson at the suv with 1 hand, brown stopped momentarily to hand johnson the "loot" $7.49 worth of cigarillos.
    He turned to his. . .if hes at my vehicle, he turned to his left
    and handed the first subject. He said, Here take these. He was holding a pack
    of-several packs of cigarillos which was just, what was stolen from the Market
    Store, was several packs of cigarillos. He said ?Here hold these?

How many times do you think he struck you when you were sitting inside your
    vehicle? Solid blows to my face struck? Or, just made contact with me?
    A, both.
    Made contact with me, numerous. I mean I?d say excess of ten. His hands were all over me.
    Okay.
    Um, solid blows, Id say at least two.
    Okay. And, that was to where on your face?
    My face, my jaw line. Both sides.

10 glancing blows and 2 solid blows to a fair complexion face? where are the marks. i dont have fair skin but my kid puts marks on me several times a week, he is almost 3 and weighs 32 pounds
    http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/141124225627-01-74870004-horizontal-gallery.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

yeah but the nonsense poisons the thread, much like dumping all the nonsense on the grand jury.
    Carlin... “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

yeah but the nonsense poisons the thread, much like dumping all the nonsense on the grand jury.
    Carlin... “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
    Disagree, but do start a separate thread if you think its needed.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Man that was a long night. So here is little nugget for you guys. Evidently the "leaders" of the protesters and media couldn't come up with anything bad to say about Police behvior last night. They did such and outstanding job keeping their cool and most importantly no first responder were killed. They are questioning the National Gaurd and Police for not being More " aggressive"to stop the looting, burning, and basic savage behavior by the rioters. I will say that again, more "aggressive"... That's priceless. Anyhow, the plan all along for the National Gaurd was to protect main communication locations and not engage. The Police's plan was to hold the line and do not engage with Rioters unless innocent citizens were getting assaulted in front of them. So this tactic was used for the simple fact that if police and the National Gaurd were to engage in those Hot spots where the savage behavior was happening there was a 99.9 % chance that one of those knuckleheads would have taken a shot at the Police /Guard... And if that happend there would have been Dozens of Micheal Browns having their last swisher sweet Splif holding a bottle of Henne live on National TV. And as we all know we could not Have that..ain't nobody got time for that...

Well that's all I got for now. Back at following the protesters in my town here in a bit. Be mindful of where you are your family are in the next couple of days guys.
  • Options
    so brown fled some 100 feet after being shot twice, stops, turns around, grunts and tries to attack wilson, with one hand in his waistband, who pointing a gun. i doubt brown still believes wilson is too much of a pussy to shoot him at this point(if in fact he actually said that).
    the hand in the waistband is odd, who runs to attack someone (pointing a gun at them) with there hand in their pants (excluding pee wee herman)? the hand in pants fits the outline of brown laying dead with 1 arm underneath him. believable?

I exited. I followed him in that direction. After I said on the radio, ?Shots fired.
    Send me more cars?, I was yelling at him to stop and get on the ground. He kept
    running and then eventually he stopped in this area somewhere. When he
    stopped, he turned, looked at me, made like a gmnting noise and had the most
    intense aggressive face I?ve ever seen on a person. When he looked at me, he
    then did like the hop. . .you know like people do to start running. And, he started
    running at me. During his first stride, he took his right hand put it under his
    shirt and into his waistband. And I ordered him to stop and get on the ground
    again. He didn?t; I fired, a, multiple shots. After I fired the multiple shots I
    paused for a second, yelled at him to get on the ground again, he was still in the
    same state. Still charging hands still in his waistband, hadn?t slowed down. I
    fired another set of shots. Same thing, still running at me hadn?t slowed down,
    hands still in his waistband. He gets about eight to ten feet away, a he?s still
    coming at me in the same way. I fired more shots. One of those, however many
    of them hit on him in the head and he went down right there. When he went
    down his hand was still under his, his right hand was still under his body looked
    like it was still in his waistband.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

Hearing Wilson's version certainly adds a lot of perspective but I am still hung up on the "charging" that he said Brown did toward him while he was blasting away. That just doesn't jive.

It will be interesting to see how the evidence gets reinterpreted now. I'm guessing there is going to be a motherfucker of a civil suit.

I believe CNN showed a drawing that was shown to the grand jury that shows some of Browns blood 25 feet further away from where his body was. If true, then it kind of proves that Brown did turn and come back towards Wilson.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    I don't know what happened in Ferguson that day and I'm not going to pretend to. Maybe Wilson had other options, maybe he didn't. But the lack of wounds to Brown's back and the trail of his blood - which indicates he did turn around head back towards Wilson - disproves much of what we heard about in this case. If I was presented with that hard evidence it would carry more weight than a slew of contradictory and changing eyewitness accounts. It doesn't seem like the grand jury got this wrong based on the evidence they were presented.

• Options
    JC, it's over. The facts are the facts. Brown was the aggressor the entire time. Why is it hard to believe that he charged at Wilson? Not only is that exactly what Wilson's testimony is, but the physical evidence corroborates his story. That's exactly what happened. Why continue to argue?
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    JC,the facts are not supporting your unbridled support for Browns side of this.Why all the animosity toward the law enforcement?The kid was a criminal and an idiot.Period! He assaulted a cop and lost his life for it.This isn't about color,it's about right vs wrong and upholding the law.There is plenty of injustice and discrimination to go around out here,but this case just isn't about that although many are trying to make it that.
    Are there dirty Rascist cops out there?Of course.Is being of color an easy way to get harassed?In some places yes and that is another valid discussion,but this case is not LA and not Selma or Birmingham.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I don't know what happened in Ferguson that day and I'm not going to pretend to. Maybe Wilson had other options, maybe he didn't. But the lack of wounds to Brown's back and the trail of his blood - which indicates he did turn around head back towards Wilson - disproves much of what we heard about in this case. If I was presented with that hard evidence it would carry more weight than a slew of contradictory and changing eyewitness accounts. It doesn't seem like the grand jury got this wrong based on the evidence they were presented.

I keep hearing this line of thinking and I don't understand it.

The lack of wounds to Brown's back really means nothing....it doesn't mean that the cop wasn't shooting AT him it just means he didn't connect any shots while his back was turned...right?

Heading back toward Wilson wasn't really disputed....three eyewitnesses said that he turned and surrendered after multiple shots were directed at him. To me it is more likely that he was surrendering rather than "charging" someone who had a gun but I wasn't on the jury obviously.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

JimmyV said:

The lack of wounds to Brown's back really means nothing....it doesn't mean that the cop wasn't shooting AT him it just means he didn't connect any shots while his back was turned...right?

Heading back toward Wilson wasn't really disputed....three eyewitnesses said that he turned and surrendered after multiple shots were directed at him. To me it is more likely that he was surrendering rather than "charging" someone who had a gun but I wasn't on the jury obviously.

Gern,It's just not holding up.Its time to realize the police followed the mandate of their job.Period
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 said:

so brown fled some 100 feet after being shot twice, stops, turns around, grunts and tries to attack wilson, with one hand in his waistband, who pointing a gun. i doubt brown still believes wilson is too much of a pussy to shoot him at this point(if in fact he actually said that).
    the hand in the waistband is odd, who runs to attack someone (pointing a gun at them) with there hand in their pants (excluding pee wee herman)? the hand in pants fits the outline of brown laying dead with 1 arm underneath him. believable?

I exited. I followed him in that direction. After I said on the radio, ?Shots fired.
    Send me more cars?, I was yelling at him to stop and get on the ground. He kept
    running and then eventually he stopped in this area somewhere. When he
    stopped, he turned, looked at me, made like a gmnting noise and had the most
    intense aggressive face I?ve ever seen on a person. When he looked at me, he
    then did like the hop. . .you know like people do to start running. And, he started
    running at me. During his first stride, he took his right hand put it under his
    shirt and into his waistband. And I ordered him to stop and get on the ground
    again. He didn?t; I fired, a, multiple shots. After I fired the multiple shots I
    paused for a second, yelled at him to get on the ground again, he was still in the
    same state. Still charging hands still in his waistband, hadn?t slowed down. I
    fired another set of shots. Same thing, still running at me hadn?t slowed down,
    hands still in his waistband. He gets about eight to ten feet away, a he?s still
    coming at me in the same way. I fired more shots. One of those, however many
    of them hit on him in the head and he went down right there. When he went
    down his hand was still under his, his right hand was still under his body looked
    like it was still in his waistband.

The kind that wears his pants 4 sizes to big so we can all see their FooBu underwear. Pants up don't Loot !!!!!!
  • Options
    wall232 said:

I believe CNN showed a drawing that was shown to the grand jury that shows some of Browns blood 25 feet further away from where his body was. If true, then it kind of proves that Brown did turn and come back towards Wilson.
    Possibly...but was he "charging" him or stumbling back like "I give up quit shooting?"

I'm really interested to hear about the two construction workers that were eyewitnesses and why their version was discounted.

• Options
    rr165892 said:

JimmyV said:

Gern,It's just not holding up.Its time to realize the police followed the mandate of their job.Period
    That might be true....but my questions are still valid.

• Options
    The eyewitness accounts were discounted because most of them changed their story. I'm not sure why everybody wants to keep trying to convict Wilson when the facts clearly state otherwise.

And gern, what evidence is there that says Wilson shot at Brown with his back turned?. An unreliable eye witness? I know it's hard to believe that a cop could have followed the letter of the law and still killed someone. Bottom line is if Brown would have simply walked away when told, he'd still be alive.