Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    edited November 2014
    During the last hurricane in New Orleans I believe they threw all captured looters into general population at the big notorious prison and left them for there for almost a week. Why can't St. Louis do that? This is disgusting.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493

hedonist said:

apirk72 said:

apirk72 said:

Hope all the StL folks are safe
    Tower Grove park/Shaw resident here and looks like shit might hit the fan here

channel 4 is saying big protests on grand. i am guessing south of SLU. stay safe down there!!
    Watching channel 4 as well, that mob is like 4 blocks from me.

How goes it, you and gimme?

Lots of us keeping you and the other good folks there in our thoughts. Looks nuts from here.
    thank you.

i am ok. i'm about 5 miles away from all of the shit in ferguson. he is closer to the other gathering downtown, which from most accounts is a little more peaceful.
    Yeah seems fine so far. I live around where the second officer shooting happened so for a month or so we've has similar protests, it is amazing what you can get used to in a short amount of time.

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

Looks like a full on pumpkin fest is breaking out!

Yeah, I just don't have the heart or whatever it could be labeled as, to make fun or jokes at this point.

Bit of decorum or circumspect? If not, not. Figured I'd toss it out there.

What....it ain't like somebody died or something! Oh wait....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    badbrains said:

hedonist said:

Man, watching the Ferguson Market & Liquor being bashed into right now.

And there we go. In. Fucking sad. Makes me ashamed of some of my fellow men.

Thanks to you both for giving a local perspective on this.

Shit, I'm positive you remember the la riots as I do hedonist. Shit sux
    You know it, brother. That same sense of "the FUCK?".

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

The Ferguson market and liquor store is being actively looted right now. Unbelievable.

CNN cameras are showing 40-50 people running in empty handed and running out arms full of liquor and beer. I'm sure thats exactly how they the peaceful protestkrs wanted to get their point across. It would be nice if the cops got that footage and arrested everyone they could recognize stealing from that store.

I seen someone running with handful of Mickeys big mouths....i didn't think they made that anymore.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    That female CNN reporter was getting pelted with cans and what looked like banannas and she said she wasn't in any danger. Jake tapper seemed surprised that there wasn't any police in that area! Go inside people.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    JC29856 said:

The Ferguson market and liquor store is being actively looted right now. Unbelievable.

CNN cameras are showing 40-50 people running in empty handed and running out arms full of liquor and beer. I'm sure thats exactly how they the peaceful protestkrs wanted to get their point across. It would be nice if the cops got that footage and arrested everyone they could recognize stealing from that store.

I seen someone running with handful of Mickeys big mouths....i didn't think they made that anymore.
    yeah they still make the ol' brain grenade.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    cutz said:
    That's a good feed
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

That female CNN reporter was getting pelted with cans and what looked like banannas and she said she wasn't in any danger. Jake tapper seemed surprised that there wasn't any police in that area! Go inside people.

I think I'm watching the same channel as you
  • Options
    Anderson Cooper seems to be the only smart reporter. He's well out of danger at the command center!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Browns death is maybe the straw that breaks the camels back, or at least I hope so.

The system is broken.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Browns death is maybe the straw that breaks the camels back, or at least I hope so.

The system is broken.

What do you expect to see changed?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548

cutz said:
    That's a good feed
    I had another one where a man was walking the streets and getting some good video shots, but i lost it somehow.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Great. Fucking idiots in LA now joining in.

Running across a major freeway here.

With cars still driving on it.

I hope this is the idiocy-level we'll reach tonight in this neck of the country.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    new york is up to no good too...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Great. Fucking idiots in LA now joining in.

Running across a major freeway here.

With cars still driving on it.

I hope this is the idiocy-level we'll reach tonight in this neck of the country.

Oh boy, this shits gonna get crazy. Way more nuts.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    So I just flipped back and apparently it is madness. This is accomplishing nothing and helping no one. What percentage of these "protestors" are even from Ferguson? Feel terrible for the business owners watching their livelihoods burn.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Ferguson is tiny so not many. The people blocking the highway by where I live look to be 90% SLU students.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

So I just flipped back and apparently it is madness. This is accomplishing nothing and helping no one. What percentage of these "protestors" are even from Ferguson? Feel terrible for the business owners watching their livelihoods burn.

Terrible. Why loot the business' ? People sux, plain and simple. U want to loot, go loot the police station. Oh no? Why, cuz they have guns. Ohhhh, so let's fucken destroy peoples lives that have NOTHING to do with this. Straight bullshit.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    lets just hope that the cops stay safe tonight dealing with these criminals. Good job destroying your pivotal moment. The spotlight has never been brighter.
  • Options
    "No justice, no peace"

Seriously? So since its apparent that Wilson acted in self defense and the evidence shows that Brown was the aggressor, the "citizens" of Ferguson are going to make THEIR city a war zone. Makes perfect sense to me.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Outside agitators who wanted exactly what we are seeing now.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Now the local walgreens is burning to the ground. Great job Ferguson.

Edit: sorry it said little ceasars. I thought it said Walgreens
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Outside agitators who wanted exactly what we are seeing now.

BINGO!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

dignin said:

The system is broken.

You can go back in this thread (and others) and see plenty of evidence posted about what is wrong with the system, police abuse and obvious racial profiling among other things.

I could go on and on but I think a good place to start is to watch this documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0atL1HSwi8

The system is rigged and fucked.
  • Options
    dignin said:

The system is broken.

I'm not saying the system does not have its flaws, but is it possible that the grand jury ruled correctly based on the evidence they had?

I've heard no shots in the back. I've heard Brown attacked several times. I've heard DNA on pants, shirt, and inside car of Wilson's. I've also heard many key witnesses recanted their testimony- saying they were influenced by social media.

They are releasing all the evidence from what I have heard. This should help make things a little clearer, but it really is hard to know what to think given the media playing us like fiddles over the last few months.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

This is terrible.
  • Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

The system is broken.

You can go back in this thread (and others) and see plenty of evidence posted about what is wrong with the system, police abuse and obvious racial profiling among other things.

I could go on and on but I think a good place to start is to watch this documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0atL1HSwi8

The system is rigged and fucked.
    Ok, but what was rigged in this case?
  • Options
    I bet Cosby is happy the news isn't talking about him.