Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    helicopter over my house. can't tell if if is police or media. surreal.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783

These idiots on CNN are just standing there while tear gas is being peppered on them. Fucking leave! What the hell is wrong with those people?!?

I was just thinking the same thing. These people are crazy.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    edited November 2014
    Hope all the StL folks are safe
    Tower Grove park/Shaw resident here and looks like shit might hit the fan here
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited November 2014
    rgambs said:

Not surprisingly, I've seen many Brown supporters saying on FB things like "I expected no indictment, cops always stand up for each other."

I'm wondering if they know at all how the criminal justice system works.

It's a little bit relevant. Cops stick up for each other, but not just cops, the whole justice system. Prosecutors, DA's, judges, cops, they are all in it together *to a certain extent*
    But grand juries are made up of civilians. And with all of the evidence presented, there simply wasn't enough evidence combined with unreliable eyewitness accounts.

I would be very surprised if the prosecutor with held or tampered with evidence.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    It does look like the police and national guard is doing a relatively good job stopping the rioting. The tear gas is working wonders.
  • Options
    apirk72 said:

channel 4 is saying big protests on grand. i am guessing south of SLU. stay safe down there!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

Not surprisingly, I've seen many Brown supporters saying on FB things like "I expected no indictment, cops always stand up for each other."

I'm wondering if they know at all how the criminal justice system works.

It's a little bit relevant. Cops stick up for each other, but not just cops, the whole justice system. Prosecutors, DA's, judges, cops, they are all in it together *to a certain extent*
    But grand juries are made up of civilians. And with all of the evidence presented, there simply wasn't enough evidence combined with unreliable eyewitness accounts.
    Yes but they work together to decide what evidence gets presented and how it is presented to the civilians and that can have a HUGE effect sometimes.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

helicopter over my house. can't tell if if is police or media. surreal.

i forgot to say this was headed south, away from ferguson. towards south city. makes sense now.

• Options

apirk72 said:

channel 4 is saying big protests on grand. i am guessing south of SLU. stay safe down there!!
    Watching channel 4 as well, that mob is like 4 blocks from me.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    And so it begins......
  • Options
    apirk72 said:

apirk72 said:

wow. be careful. i'm about 5 miles from ferguson. in st ann.

• Options
    more gunshots. reports of police car on fire.

• Options
    I can't believe these guys. Unreal. Is thkis really a reason to act like a criminal? I can't believe I'm surprised by the idiocy of man.
  • Options

It does look like the police and national guard is doing a relatively good job stopping the rioting. The tear gas is working wonders.

Maybe not.....
  • Options
    We've had protesting for a month or so now and it hasn't been too bad, lots of college kids protesting, nowhere near as bad as the north city stuff. I just hope they don't destroy grand.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Looks like a full on pumpkin fest is breaking out!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    This is crazy holy damn ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

Looks like a full on pumpkin fest is breaking out!

Yeah, I just don't have the heart or whatever it could be labeled as, to make fun or jokes at this point.

Bit of decorum or circumspect? If not, not. Figured I'd toss it out there.

• Options
    i thought people were going to be more sad and more somber.

people are fucking pissed off.

• Options
    my sister's best friend, a st ann cop, and a quality person, is now on his way to ferguson. fuck.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
  • Options
    apirk72 said:

apirk72 said:

How goes it, you and gimme?

Lots of us keeping you and the other good folks there in our thoughts. Looks nuts from here.
  • Options

i thought people were going to be more sad and more somber.

people are fucking pissed off.

Still no reason to act like fucking animals. Go home. No, I don't understand your anger. I haven't been exposed to police brutality. But I can't imagine being so mad over someone I didn't know being killed by a cop in what the grand jury deemed as self defense, that I want to go steal, loot, and vandalize my own community.
  • Options

my sister's best friend, a st ann cop, and a quality person, is now on his way to ferguson. fuck.

Why? Is he being summoned, or volunteering?
  • Options

Why? Is he being summoned, or volunteering?
    got summoned. reinforcements i guess.

i know the guy pretty well for about 15 years. my 16 year old nephew really looks up to him. i can imagine him saying "i'm not even supposed to be here today!!" like dante from clerks.

• Options
    hedonist said:

apirk72 said:

apirk72 said:

How goes it, you and gimme?

Lots of us keeping you and the other good folks there in our thoughts. Looks nuts from here.
    thank you.

i am ok. i'm about 5 miles away from all of the shit in ferguson. he is closer to the other gathering downtown, which from most accounts is a little more peaceful.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    The Ferguson market and liquor store is being actively looted right now. Unbelievable.

CNN cameras are showing 40-50 people running in empty handed and running out arms full of liquor and beer. I'm sure thats exactly how they the peaceful protestkrs wanted to get their point across. It would be nice if the cops got that footage and arrested everyone they could recognize stealing from that store.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    Man, watching the Ferguson Market & Liquor being bashed into right now.

And there we go. In. Fucking sad. Makes me ashamed of some of my fellow men.

Thanks to you both for giving a local perspective on this.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    hedonist said:

Man, watching the Ferguson Market & Liquor being bashed into right now.

And there we go. In. Fucking sad. Makes me ashamed of some of my fellow men.

Thanks to you both for giving a local perspective on this.

Shit, I'm positive you remember the la riots as I do hedonist. Shit sux