Options

Robin Williams dead suicide

12346»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Thanks for posting the R.W. tribute. Beautiful. Tears.

I know I've seen it, but I can't remember what the last scene is from where Robin is old and is giving a graduation speech.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    brianlux said:

I know I've seen it, but I can't remember what the last scene is from where Robin is old and is giving a graduation speech.

Jack, i think
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    anyone else hear/see this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzDBlZ396HQ
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I saw that on Buzzfeed today. Great stuff.

Letterman's tribute was beautiful tonight. I can't stop crying right now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Newch91 said:

I saw that on Buzzfeed today. Great stuff.

Letterman's tribute was beautiful tonight. I can't stop crying right now.

Gaslight is on tonight too, sweet! Wish I had known yesterday, would've been there no doubt. Fuck
  • Options
    Another person killed by depression, one awesome singer named Michael hutchence:INXS-Beautiful Girl

http://youtu.be/aH986VE47M8
  • Options
    Longueuil said:

brianlux said:

Jack, i think
    Ah, yes! That's it- Jack! Thank you L.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    badbrains said:

Another person killed by depression, one awesome singer named Michael hutchence:INXS-Beautiful Girl

http://youtu.be/aH986VE47M8

Yeah, I remember that sad event.

So many lost that way. Others nearly lost- I'm thinking of Paul Westerberg and his song "The Ledge" which was so misunderstood. Here's Paul talking about "The Ledge" ( 0:50 through 2:27).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyNTxZ_gt10

I love this segment so much. These are great words, great healing words. Thank you, Paul.

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    badbrains said:

Oh captain, my captain:

http://youtu.be/vdXhWS7lLvs

This one has always been tough for me. Years ago I was watching this at home when a friend stopped by. I paused the film and we visited for a while. He left and I resumed the movie. The next day my friend shot himself in the head.

Now this...

I'm not sure if I've watched Dead Poet's Society since my friend's passing, but I just might have to. Therapy.

Thank you Robin for making me laugh; making me cry. You made this world (or at least mine) a better place. May your soul be at peace.

• Options
    Hobbes said:

badbrains said:

Oh captain, my captain:

This one has always been tough for me. Years ago I was watching this at home when a friend stopped by. I paused the film and we visited for a while. He left and I resumed the movie. The next day my friend shot himself in the head.

Now this...

I'm not sure if I've watched Dead Poet's Society since my friend's passing, but I just might have to. Therapy.

Thank you Robin for making me laugh; making me cry. You made this world (or at least mine) a better place. May your soul be at peace.

Wow, that's terrible. I dnt hadmve words. Wow
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

badbrains said:

Oh captain, my captain:

Now this...

Oh man, Hobbes, I'm so sorry. One of my best friends in 9th grade, Bruce, asked me to visit with him over the summer but I had a lot of shitting going on in my life and was into this really introverted phase in my life and never made time to go see him or anybody else for that matter. On the first day of 10th grade another friend told that Bruce had shot himself in the head a little while before school started back up again. It had way more to do with his parents getting a divorce than it did with me not seeing him but still, I was crushed and heavily guilt ridden. That was one of the hardest lessons of my life. I wrote a poem for Bruce that I think he would have liked and have thought about him many, many times and still do and knowing him he would totally forgive me because he was that kind of guy. Now I try never to take a friend for granted.

Great words for R.W., by the way. I totally feel the same way.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    brianlux said:

Hobbes said:

badbrains said:

Oh captain, my captain:

Now this...

Oh man, Hobbes, I'm so sorry. One of my best friends in 9th grade, Bruce, asked me to visit with him over the summer but I had a lot of shitting going on in my life and was into this really introverted phase in my life and never made time to go see him or anybody else for that matter. On the first day of 10th grade another friend told that Bruce had shot himself in the head a little while before school started back up again. It had way more to do with his parents getting a divorce than it did with me not seeing him but still, I was crushed and heavily guilt ridden. That was one of the hardest lessons of my life. I wrote a poem for Bruce that I think he would have liked and have thought about him many, many times and still do and knowing him he would totally forgive me because he was that kind of guy. Now I try never to take a friend for granted.

Great words for R.W., by the way. I totally feel the same way.

Oh thats so sad, and so young, too many youths are suffering now not even getting a chance to live a normal childhood, lucky for me I got to live normally till I fell sick at 16 but diagnosed at 21 and now up and down a roller coaster with meds for the rest of my life.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    this guy should def. portray him if they ever make a movie about him

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA