Options

Robin Williams dead suicide

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Loved the guy, loved his work especially in Good Will Hunting but most of all I loved his passion for road cycling.

RIPeace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    brianlux said:

Here's a heart felt "dammit" and a hug to you both. Good words well said, ladies.

:(|)

image (thanks for posting the gif- Longueuil)
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    By the way... For anyone who wants to develop a bit of an understanding of what the uphill battle with depression is like, I'd strongly recommend the short read "Darkness Visible: A Memoir on Madness", written by William Styron, who shares his experience with those demons so eloquently.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Loved this movie of his and this scene...

http://youtu.be/wuk8AOjGURE

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    ^^^ GMVN, one of may favorites. So many great lines, such spontaneity and fire! I don't think there's ever been an actor for whom I can recall so many great lines and hilarious moments and yet also so his work could so often be hugely inspiring.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    benjs said:

By the way... For anyone who wants to develop a bit of an understanding of what the uphill battle with depression is like, I'd strongly recommend the short read "Darkness Visible: A Memoir on Madness", written by William Styron, who shares his experience with those demons so eloquently.

Absolutely, benjs. A great work.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    njnancy said:

brianlux said:

Here's a heart felt "dammit" and a hug to you both. Good words well said, ladies.

:(|)

image (thanks for posting the gif- Longueuil)
    Yep.

I don't know whether to be surprised or comforted or just...blanketed...in the gorgeous energy here.

And, I don't know why it feels so personal, this loss. Maybe because it feels like a blindside.

You were doing ok! So we thought, and hoped.

My sweetheart and I took in some older stuff of his via Johnny Carson and my teary ass came through once again.

More kleenex, please!

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Sad, the man made so many people laugh yet no one was there to hear him cry.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    He was like one of these people of whom you never thought they would never be there anymore. A piece of childhood and growing up. What a sad loss. It must be terrible for everybody close to him. May his soul rest in peace.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

He was like one of these people of whom you never thought they would never be there anymore. A piece of childhood and growing up. What a sad loss. It must be terrible for everybody close to him. May his soul rest in peace.

Absolutely. I'm completely dumbstruck :(

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    badbrains said:

Sad, the man made so many people laugh yet no one was there to hear him cry.

Well said ... unfortunately I think that is the case far to often.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    My heart truly broke when I heard this news, he has made me laugh for thirty years now and an instant void was felt. I truly love him most for Dead Poets Society and now hauntingly.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I want to curl up with a box of tissues and as many of his movies as possible and cry and laugh and watch until my heart stops hurting.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited August 2014
    So sad...I feel so sorry for his family
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Absolutely devastating. So many generations grew up with him as a absolute legend / genius / idol. For mine, it was Mrs. Doubtfife, Jumanji, Aladdin and Hook... And then patch Adams and Good Will Hunting. I've never laughed so hard as watching him and his spontaneity, pure comedic gold... One of my favourites was him on who's line...

The world really took a loss today.
    RIP <3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    sad news..rest in peace captain..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    Na-nu na-nu my captain. Very sad news indeed.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    So sad to hear about his passing.... Just loved Mork and Mindy and Good Morning Vietnam plus many others. A great actor and comedian.... Robin Williams did battle his demons...

RIP
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    RIP. Thanks for the entertainment.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    just saw the news...how sad....he was so great :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    total bummer ....
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'm speechless and in shock. Last time I felt like this over a celebrity's death was Clarence Clemons.

My introduction to something related to Robin Williams was Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire when I was young. I watched Aladdin religiously as a child and it became one of my favorite movies of all time. I also can't tell you how many times I've watched Mrs. Doubtfire, and watching him put out the fire on his breasts with the pot covers would always leave me laughing in tears.

Robin, thank you for the many, MANY laughs you have given me and to millions of fans around the world over the years.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    I still can't believe it since i heard the news. What a big loss ! I've always loved his work, lots of souvenir when i was young : I've grown with his movies and he often left me laughing or crying.
    I'm sad to know this ...
    RIP
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    I suffered a heart attack on Sunday while swimming but yesterday's news felt so much worse than the pain I was in I've been in hospital since Sunday ...suddenly Williams death made me feel no pitty for my self I'm still alive .....
    RIP Robin
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jose, I'm so sorry to hear this! Good thoughts to you - I hope you're back home and well soon.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

I suffered a heart attack on Sunday while swimming but yesterday's news felt so much worse than the pain I was in I've been in hospital since Sunday ...suddenly Williams death made me feel no pitty for my self I'm still alive .....
    RIP Robin

Be well josevolution! Crazy how life (death) puts everything in perspective.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

RIP Robin

Oh my gosh! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jose.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

RIP Robin

wow! so sorry to read this. take care, jose!

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

RIP Robin

Oh wow, get some rest and get well soon.