Options

The Insomnia Thread - #TeamNoSleep

Comments

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    It's 2 I'm awake - i've had insomnia for so many months this time - stress and the band that walks around in my head. I thought of coming here and posting but I haven't done anything for ME in a while so I figured it was time to start doing that again. Are all my fellow insomniacs asleep? I hope so and sweet dreams if you are!!! I'm gonna check out what's been going on here then find a ridiculously long movie to watch. I'll be back again, there's no doubt about that. And I'm not neglecting my 'fun' stuff for anyone anymore! Oh God, I am wide awake!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited February 2015
    Quoting from phone difficulties
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

JWPearl said:

if your near the beach it's a great idea to go there and spend some time there catching the breeze, it definitely makes you sleep better

I actually do live near a beach, not a proper one (the water is a bay, but is from the Pacific). Though, there really isn't a quiet place to just sit and relax. When I went to Oregon I was on the beach, I slept the best there.
    ldent42 said:

lol did he show up yet? :D

Yeah, stupid fucker stole my pliers too!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Man this quoting from a phone sucks...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    i won't come on here from my phone anymore - it sucks in everyway and my hand and arm go numb and then i lose my post cause i become a one armed person for awhile. sorry you're having a hard time - but at least it's only 11:16 there!! That's a positive!!! Hey my smilies disappeared!!
  • Options
    Yes, several people noticed their smileys disappeared...I didn't really notice since I didn't really like them anyway. I thought they looked psychotic. Hahaha!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    That's what makes them so interesting when you randomly insert them into your posts.
  • Options
    Oh, and I'm sorry you aren't able to sleep, I was able to go back to sleep this morning, and I got 4 hours of sleep. I then dozed off at 8pm and woke up at 10. I will be awake until about 3am now. :/

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I have the same type of cycle - If I fall asleep too early, I'm screwed. I fell asleep last night because it was a horrifically draining day, but I slept earlier so who knows - maybe I'll fall asleep watching the movie. Tried c-span the other night but i wound up yelling at the tv so that channel's out.
  • Options
    Ugh, I can't watch any news/political show, I get irritated. I try to watch as science show. I used to fall asleep to "through the wormhole" Morgan Freeman's voice is soothing.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    insomnia, maybe take a few shots of brandy that should do it lol
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I don't drink alcohol. I'm watching catch up tv on demand.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    have you tried late night sex lol
  • Options
    I don't drink alcohol either and sex is a distant memory - haven't dated since splitting with the psychotic sex. As I recall, sex doesn't make me sleepy but it does make me hungry. So I'm left with On Demand binge viewing or staring at the ceiling while my mind races through every negative thought possible.

I have put on earphones and played music loud and that has actually helped sometimes. The machines that play rain and running water don't lull me, they irritate me. Don't know why.
  • Options
    You know how some people think 5am is a regular time to wake up and start the day?
    I'm not one of those people.
    I managed 4 hours of sleep buy I've been trying to go back to sleep for 2 hours. What is even the point
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    I fell asleep at 9pm, only to wake up around midnight, and have not been able to get back to sleep...my mind keeps going, just random weird racing jumbled thoughts.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    anxious cant sleep waiting on someone i dont really need to be waiting for
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    FYI, quoting from the phone seems to work just fine again! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    wait your turn for sleep
  • Options
    I have finally got a doctor to send in a plea to the UBC Sleep Clinic. Wondering what will happen next. Apparently I just have to wait for a call, and then... who knows??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,836
    PJ_Soul said:

I have finally got a doctor to send in a plea to the UBC Sleep Clinic. Wondering what will happen next. Apparently I just have to wait for a call, and then... who knows??

You're going for a sleep study?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I am pretty in the dark honestly (the doctor basically just said he knows nothing about sleep disorders so I'll set you up with the sleep clinic). I didn't get the impression it's a study. More like I go in for some kind of observation and testing, and then they presumably try to figure out how to fix my chronic and yet-to-be-explained insomnia problem.
    .... i am picturing something like having to try and sleep in some room with an observation window and wires attached to my head, hahaha. That sounds conducive to sleep, right??! :tongue:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I am pretty in the dark honestly (the doctor basically just said he knows nothing about sleep disorders so I'll set you up with the sleep clinic). I didn't get the impression it's a study. More like I go in for some kind of observation and testing, and then they presumably try to figure out how to fix my chronic and yet-to-be-explained insomnia problem.
    .... i am picturing something like having to try and sleep in some room with an observation window and wires attached to my head, hahaha. That sounds conducive to sleep, right??! :tongue:

You are pretty close to exactly right, except it's a camera, not windows. You do have electrodes attached to your head, plus to other body parts (to measure leg movements, heart rate, etc.). Good luck!
  • Options
    Huh. Sounds weird, lol! So you've been through this yourself? Or do you have experience with it some other way? Kind of hoping the latter, since you're still in the #teamnosleep thread, haha.
  • Options
    I would do a sleep study, but I'm so particular about the way I sleep...I literally burrow under blankets and pillows, that wouldn't allow those electrodes to stay attached.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I would do a sleep study, but I'm so particular about the way I sleep...I literally burrow under blankets and pillows, that wouldn't allow those electrodes to stay attached.

Maybe they are really stuck on and impervious to burrowing?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

Bahaha! Can you imagine what I would look like when I woke up? I would be a tangled mess...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oh hey look it's nearly 6am. :tired_face:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

Bahaha! Can you imagine what I would look like when I woke up? I would be a tangled mess...
    Some people are into that. =)

2:45 am here.... not bad for a Friday I guess? :weary:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

Huh. Sounds weird, lol! So you've been through this yourself? Or do you have experience with it some other way? Kind of hoping the latter, since you're still in the #teamnosleep thread, haha.

No, I haven't been though it myself, so don't worry. And I mostly just lurk in the #teamnosleep thread with no good excuse :whistle:
    Post edited by oftenreading on