Options

The Insomnia Thread - #TeamNoSleep

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Just woke up from a lucid nightmare, and can't get back to sleep...I hate those fuckin' things...lucid dreams would be cool except that every time I have one it's a nightmare and I wake up feeling sick.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    PJSiren said:

Just woke up from a lucid nightmare, and can't get back to sleep...I hate those fuckin' things...lucid dreams would be cool except that every time I have one it's a nightmare and I wake up feeling sick.

Oh my god! I have these too! They SUUUUUUUCK! Only mine are usually suppressed memories, where I wake up terrified to go back to sleep. I'd say try reading a little afterwards, to redirect the brain a little. I also will watch a favorite movie to help me calm down, but I can't imagine your husband would appreciate that.. But reading really does seem to help. I totally feel your pain on this.. This is the primary reason I don't sleep..
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    im hoping i get back to sleep, no nightmares here just silly dreams that make no sense at all as of late, but im still tired so i may get some more sleep hopefully tired of this 4 hr a night sleep
  • Options

PJSiren said:

Oh my god! I have these too! They SUUUUUUUCK! Only mine are usually suppressed memories, where I wake up terrified to go back to sleep. I'd say try reading a little afterwards, to redirect the brain a little. I also will watch a favorite movie to help me calm down, but I can't imagine your husband would appreciate that.. But reading really does seem to help. I totally feel your pain on this.. This is the primary reason I don't sleep..
    Yeah, I texted with my friend for a bit and got on instagram and facebook on my phone, it helped my brain to calm back down and finally after an hour was able to get back to sleep...they do suck...I wonder if it's something with bipolar? I had my first one back when I was a teenager when I think my BP first kicked in and they have haunted me ever since....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I know for a fact that mine has nothing to do with the Bi-Polar. If you read in BP, it is brought in by either a strenuous physical trauma, or a severe mental trauma.. Although prolonged bouts if stress with no reprieve can also cause it.. In my case it was several cases if the first two, which is why I ended up with it so young.

Mine has nothing to do with the BP, and everything to do with the PTSD, which along with other incidents in my childhood, I believe caused the BI-Polar, which in turn resulted in the ADHD.
    I have dealt with these nightmares, which are called Distress Recalls, since I was 18, and while I haven't had one in a few years, niw that I have started therapy to deal with my alcoholism, they have started to return.. And it is hellacious! I keep praying that I get through these insets, but it seems until I deal with the root causes, I'll be having these stupid lucid recalls of things I'd thought were buried. That's the hardest part, is having to come to terms with the fact that what I'm seeing in my sleep, are things that I actually witnessed it happened to me. That's what makes them the scariest.. Is knowing I can't comfort myself with that old adage, " it was only a dream".. Instead I have to remind myself, " you're 41 now, that was decades ago, mom is dead, and no one can do these things to you ever again, you're safe now, and that's over." But it doesn't make the recalls stop.. So like I said, I've found ways to calm
    Myself and deal with these memories.. At least it's not as bad as it was in my early 29's where one little reminder would send me into regressive recall, which is the equivalent if waking nightmares. I was remembering in real time, like dreaming while awake. So at least these things are happening in the solitude if my room, where I can wake screaming, and attack my pillow, and not a person. That in itself is it's win relief in a way. I never knew Bi-Polar people had these too. Until I was hospitalized one year, and my psychiatrist explained that it's very common to have these during sleepless fits, because the melatonin and serotonin are so off that it can cause extreme lucid dreaming.

Hope you find a good solution for it.. Mist of the times, if it's a recurring recall, I just make shut tons of coffee and stay awake. Hopefully no other person has to go through that! I wouldn't wish this on anyone.. So..
  • Options

I know for a fact that mine has nothing to do with the Bi-Polar. If you read in BP, it is brought in by either a strenuous physical trauma, or a severe mental trauma.. Although prolonged bouts if stress with no reprieve can also cause it.. In my case it was several cases if the first two, which is why I ended up with it so young.

Mine has nothing to do with the BP, and everything to do with the PTSD, which along with other incidents in my childhood, I believe caused the BI-Polar, which in turn resulted in the ADHD.
    I have dealt with these nightmares, which are called Distress Recalls, since I was 18, and while I haven't had one in a few years, niw that I have started therapy to deal with my alcoholism, they have started to return.. And it is hellacious! I keep praying that I get through these insets, but it seems until I deal with the root causes, I'll be having these stupid lucid recalls of things I'd thought were buried. That's the hardest part, is having to come to terms with the fact that what I'm seeing in my sleep, are things that I actually witnessed it happened to me. That's what makes them the scariest.. Is knowing I can't comfort myself with that old adage, " it was only a dream".. Instead I have to remind myself, " you're 41 now, that was decades ago, mom is dead, and no one can do these things to you ever again, you're safe now, and that's over." But it doesn't make the recalls stop.. So like I said, I've found ways to calm
    Myself and deal with these memories.. At least it's not as bad as it was in my early 29's where one little reminder would send me into regressive recall, which is the equivalent if waking nightmares. I was remembering in real time, like dreaming while awake. So at least these things are happening in the solitude if my room, where I can wake screaming, and attack my pillow, and not a person. That in itself is it's win relief in a way. I never knew Bi-Polar people had these too. Until I was hospitalized one year, and my psychiatrist explained that it's very common to have these during sleepless fits, because the melatonin and serotonin are so off that it can cause extreme lucid dreaming.

Hope you find a good solution for it.. Mist of the times, if it's a recurring recall, I just make shut tons of coffee and stay awake. Hopefully no other person has to go through that! I wouldn't wish this on anyone.. So..

Time to print more decoder rings!! Sorry, I type for shit!
  • Options

haha, no I totally understood what you were saying! :-) I have to decipher my best friend's talk to text emails every day....that's way harder...lol

I have had shit for sleep this week so the sleepless bout kicking me into lucid dreaming makes sense...mine have luckily never been memories of anything that has happened to me, but in mine I feel things that happen to other people in the dreams....like once I was reading a book about Vlad the Impaler and had a lucid dream about him where he got his head cut nearly clean off, I was fully aware it was a dream but I could not wake myself up and I could feel the blood that was dripping down his throat like it was pouring down mine...it was disgusting...and had I not woke myself up when I did last night I don't know what I would have felt, I shudder to think...the dream was awful! I woke up with a start and in a cold sweat and a sick knot in my stomach....I'm so glad my husband will be home tomorrow!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

haha, no I totally understood what you were saying! :-) I have to decipher my best friend's talk to text emails every day....that's way harder...lol

I have had shit for sleep this week so the sleepless bout kicking me into lucid dreaming makes sense...mine have luckily never been memories of anything that has happened to me, but in mine I feel things that happen to other people in the dreams....like once I was reading a book about Vlad the Impaler and had a lucid dream about him where he got his head cut nearly clean off, I was fully aware it was a dream but I could not wake myself up and I could feel the blood that was dripping down his throat like it was pouring down mine...it was disgusting...and had I not woke myself up when I did last night I don't know what I would have felt, I shudder to think...the dream was awful! I woke up with a start and in a cold sweat and a sick knot in my stomach....I'm so glad my husband will be home tomorrow!
    Now THAT is a trip!! I've felt things that I dreamt in just regular dreams, but I don't think I've ever felt things that happened to other people..
  • Options
    Yeah it's not fun, luckily I slept a bit better last night and didn't have another lucid dream, though I woke up about every two hours...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I wish I could have an on-demand massage... with the heated blanket and laying face down getting a massage, that really puts me to sleep. Ugh, 1:48...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    i can give a great massage but i need one myself at the moment, my back is sore from wood work
  • Options
    cant sleep had too many sweets after lunch and now im restless and tired and sore, know of any natural remedies apart from know myself out
  • Options
    Stupid drunk people keeping me awake when I'm trying to sleep. In the last 24 hours, I've had 2 hours of sleep...I wonder if Ed has insomnia and writes when he can't sleep...I used to write really cool stuff when I would be up for days on end.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Stupid drunk people keeping me awake when I'm trying to sleep. In the last 24 hours, I've had 2 hours of sleep...I wonder if Ed has insomnia and writes when he can't sleep...I used to write really cool stuff when I would be up for days on end.

I still do that or draw pictures.. But recently, my awake thoughts have been grossly overwhelming. However, the last two nights I have gotten a solid six hours! So refreshed! But this means more sleepless nights are coming.. I hate my brain!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    this shit is endless
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Back to not sleeping... :-(
  • Options
    Had a migraine all night I kept waking up...wasn't good sleep at all....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Fell asleep early last night.. Woke up at 1 am.. Been awake since! I call BS! Lol
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Yea I'm so annoyed. I been up for 20 hours & I really wanted to get a nap in but I have been trying to sleep for 3 hours with no luck. Considering I left myself 5 hours to try and get some sleep it looks like I'll have to go another 10 hours without any sleep at all. I wish I had access to a low dose Ambien type thing that knocks you out immediately but only for a couple hours, so you don't get that hangover when you wake up
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    can you cut a ambien in half? the hangover from a sleep aid medication is absolutely horrible. i won't take that stuff, i have & i wont ever again
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

can you cut a ambien in half? the hangover from a sleep aid medication is absolutely horrible. i won't take that stuff, i have & i wont ever again

yes, I did that at first to make sure I wouldn't get the hangover

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Yea unfortunately when I cut them in half they have zero effect.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    Ambien is the scariest shit on the planet!! Took it once and tried to kill my sister in my sleep! No shit!! Was horrible horrible shit! So I'll NEVER take that again! EVER.. Do you know how scary it is to wake up
    In jail, and hear that you tried to stab someone? And not remember any of it??
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,645
    :-w
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I just want to sleep! I finally was able to not fall asleep after dinner, and now I can't sleep!
    Well, yesterday I fell asleep around 9pm and slept for an hour, th en couldn't sleep I till 8am, and then woke up at noon.

I should be some sort of rock star or something, sleep in the day, party all night...though I only get a few hours of sleep here and there.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Ambien high!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Ambien high!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. I have no recollection of posting that. I took half a pill that night and it knocked me out for 12 hours. So I can't even use the pills anymore. I was doing alright for about a week but this week the insomnia came back. Boooo.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

Ambien high!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. I have no recollection of posting that. I took half a pill that night and it knocked me out for 12 hours. So I can't even use the pills anymore. I was doing alright for about a week but this week the insomnia came back. Boooo.
    Yeah that stuff is scary!
  • Options
    Wh, I don't have sisters so it's safer for me anyway :-P

Still upset about the waste though. And since it's a high stress day I think I'll be struggling tonight too.
  • Options
    Been having some insomnia again...partly I think because of the warmer nights, it was freezing and then it warmed up again...and partly since we put Tabby down, so from the depression of losing her...it's been a rough few nights...
    Tattooed Dissident!