Options

The Insomnia Thread - #TeamNoSleep

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited October 2014
    Yea I had been in bed for a couple hours b4 I resorted to the pill. I stayed in bed for another hour and a half before I got up for water. I fell asleep shortly thereafter. I must've just been frustrated when I posted this. It's just annoying I up a dozen times or so but still couldn't manage 8 hours. Oh AND I'm late for everything now.

Also sorry for posting while Ambien high. I can't not have the phone next to me so sometimes I end up saying stupid shit on the internet.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    would be nice if i could sleep all through the night i only get 2-4 hrs sleep every night, im sick of it
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    I've been resorting to Ativan lately out of desperation. I told the doc I didn't want to get used to doing that (addiction), and he wouldn't come up with anything better when I asked... it's like he was too lazy to help me any further. :|
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    my doctor wont give me any sleeping tablets bc i think she thinks im going to try and od on them again lol, and restavit over the counter sleepers make me sick and i want to faint for some reason really horrible feeling and last time i thought i was going to die on them with the nausia and faintish vertigo i got from them. so its all natural for me only, i would like to change my medication
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited October 2014
    don't worry Ident...we're all in the same boat for trying to sleep. I have some ambien from like 5 years ago...sometimes I want to take it, and then I'm afraid of what would happen if I did, would I just be all ambien high instead of sleeping?

I could sleep better if someone wouldn't snore so loud! I got a sound meter app on my phone so I could show them how loud they are... 75db image
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

don't worry Ident...we're all in the same boat for trying to sleep. I have some ambien from like 5 years ago...sometimes I want to take it, and then I'm afraid of what would happen if I did, would I just be all ambien high instead of sleeping?

I could sleep better if someone wouldn't snore so loud! I got a sound meter app on my phone so I could show them how loud they are... 75db image

@-) It's giving you hearing damage!! %-(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

^^ have you tried custom sleeper molds? They're made of softer material and might take a bit of getting used to. Most hearing clinics can make them for you.

As for just laying there waiting to sleep. Are you tired when you go to bed? Do you exercise? If not, maybe that'll make you sleepy. Also, reading might help.

I am
    Usually exhausted by the time I lay Down.. But my BODY is tired.. My brain is NEVER tired.. It never stops.. I listen to the cat purr or music. I'm hoping my doctor can help
    Me soon!! I hate not sleeping! And as of now, I work seriously hard core machinery at work. I can't be all brain fuddled, like most sleep meds make me feel in the morning. So I am
    Just waiting to see what the doc says.. Sad, the only thing that's ever worked made me sick.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

aaaaaaaaaaand that's why i'm never sharing my bed with anyone on a nightly basis. Even my cat gets on my nerves when he's in my bed every single night.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options

^^ have you tried custom sleeper molds? They're made of softer material and might take a bit of getting used to. Most hearing clinics can make them for you.

As for just laying there waiting to sleep. Are you tired when you go to bed? Do you exercise? If not, maybe that'll make you sleepy. Also, reading might help.

I am
    Usually exhausted by the time I lay Down.. But my BODY is tired.. My brain is NEVER tired.. It never stops.. I listen to the cat purr or music. I'm hoping my doctor can help
    Me soon!! I hate not sleeping! And as of now, I work seriously hard core machinery at work. I can't be all brain fuddled, like most sleep meds make me feel in the morning. So I am
    Just waiting to see what the doc says.. Sad, the only thing that's ever worked made me sick.
    Yeah, that's the thing about insomnia. It's not about not feeling sleepy. It's about being insanely sleepy and not being able to sleep anyway. It's awful. :-q
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, that's the thing about insomnia. It's not about not feeling sleepy. It's about being insanely sleepy and not being able to sleep anyway. It's awful. :-q

SO awful. I feel like I'm drowning today.
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    My hubby is gone hunting this week and three nights in a row now I wake up every little while and just can't sleep for shit...it's horrible...I'm so tired....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I slept with my door shut last night to keep the cats out so hopefully I would sleep better...I still woke up every little while, but I do think it was a little bit better without the pests crawling all over me all night thinking I need to get up in the middle of the night and feed them....but this lack of sleep is making me not feel very good....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

I slept with my door shut last night to keep the cats out so hopefully I would sleep better...I still woke up every little while, but I do think it was a little bit better without the pests crawling all over me all night thinking I need to get up in the middle of the night and feed them....but this lack of sleep is making me not feel very good....

they don't scratch at the door? I've got one who insists on taking up the whole bed with me every night then gets mad when I move. The other one has been sounding the alarm at 630am waking me up thinking someone's broken in but she's just crying for no reason. I mean no good reason.

I feel weird. After several nights in a row where i can't sleep for hours then fall asleep for an hour or two at a time regardless of whether or not I've taken an Ambien or tea or what time i've stopped eating/drinking I am starting to think my mental functioning has become impaired.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

they don't scratch at the door? I've got one who insists on taking up the whole bed with me every night then gets mad when I move. The other one has been sounding the alarm at 630am waking me up thinking someone's broken in but she's just crying for no reason. I mean no good reason.
    I was pleasantly surprised to discover they did not scratch at the door...if they had I would definitely not have gotten any sleep that way...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

I feel weird. After several nights in a row where i can't sleep for hours then fall asleep for an hour or two at a time regardless of whether or not I've taken an Ambien or tea or what time i've stopped eating/drinking I am starting to think my mental functioning has become impaired.
    Ha. Mine sleeps right in the middle of my bed with her head on my pillow. I'm over at the edge. :)) But luckily the cat is not usually the one responsible for my lack of sleep. She just snores the cutest little kitty snore. ;;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    oh yeah...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

oh yeah...

I suspect that your sleep schedule is pretty irregular Dimitris! The number one cause of insomnia! Maybe you'll straighten it out again once the tour is over. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ugh ambien posts are worse than drunk texts.
    nothing to see here.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

what? image

I feel like this most nights:

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The lack of sleep this week is catching up to me...I totally forgot to take my pills this morning, and I never do that, so I'm blaming the sleep....and due to no pills I've been on edge all day...and another side effect of less sleep is wonderful headaches.....UGH!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

what? image

I feel like this most nights:

75 db is supposedly as loud as a vacuum cleaner... that couldn't be good for your ears all night every night, lol.
  • Options
    sometimes in the middle of the night it all comes back to me
  • Options
    Cat people... If you spend 20 minutes playing with your cat and then feed them, just before bed on a regular ritual, they sleep through the night better! And if they try to wake you up for no good reason at god awful hours?? Ignore them! When they paw at your face, or try to get in your face, roll over. Believe it or not this comes from lack
    Of stimulation.. So if you ignore them, they'll either go find the other cats to play with, or go back to bed.

So, I've been doing very mild yoga stretches to nice relaxing music before I get ready for bed.. Helps a little, but after 14 years of swing shifts, this crack if dawn shit is KILLING ME! I got the most sleep last night in two weeks! Ugh!
  • Options
    Still waking up at every little sound...and normally I'm a heavy sleeper...but without J here I am barely falling asleep...have a fucking migraine this morning...THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!! Just have to survive the workday....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

75 db is supposedly as loud as a vacuum cleaner... that couldn't be good for your ears all night every night, lol.

funny you say that...a vacuum cleaner is one of the sounds on my sleep app. image

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    boy, I really f'ed up that quote...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    You sure did. :P
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul is unexpectedly inscrutable today...
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Quoting out of the box today RCKNDY?? ;-)
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul is unexpectedly inscrutable today...
    X_X :-\"