Police abuse

Comments

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited October 2015
    rr165892 said:

Thanks for posting PJHawks.That article is on the money and has mirrored my whole stance on the BLM movement.I couldn't be in more agreement.

That community needs to look deep in the mirror and start to fix from within.First and foremost.

This is what Dan- o has been saying for months here,but he gets called a racist and a dirty cop.Its not rascist if you look at the numbers and data and try to find solutions based on fact not emotion over media sensationalized hyperbole.Time for a little less PC and more common sense

It's not Black on Black crime. It's poor and uneducated crime against poor and uneducated.

Shit schools, discrimination, loss of manufacturing jobs, etc etc.

We are all products of our environment. We aren't special. Just lucky.

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869

I quickly shifted my head to the right so you never actually got me.
    Haha
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

Thanks for posting PJHawks.That article is on the money and has mirrored my whole stance on the BLM movement.I couldn't be in more agreement.

That community needs to look deep in the mirror and start to fix from within.First and foremost.

This is what Dan- o has been saying for months here,but he gets called a racist and a dirty cop.Its not rascist if you look at the numbers and data and try to find solutions based on fact not emotion over media sensationalized hyperbole.Time for a little less PC and more common sense

It's not Black on Black crime. It's poor and uneducated crime against poor and uneducated.

that's too easy of an excuse and not fair to the people who do grow up poor and uneducated who aren't criminals and achieve to change their environment for the good of themselves and their families. the stats are the stats.
    pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

that's too easy of an excuse and not fair to the people who do grow up poor and uneducated who aren't criminals and achieve to change their environment for the good of themselves and their families. the stats are the stats.
    It's not an excuse. Think it's a coincidence that humans growing up in affluent areas do better than those who grow up in the projects? I say your position is an excuse to hate AND elevate yourself to a position of being better when you had nothing to do with your success or lack of.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

It's not an excuse. Think it's a coincidence that humans growing up in affluent areas do better than those who grow up in the projects? I say your position is an excuse to hate AND elevate yourself to a position of being better when you had nothing to do with your success or lack of.

how is providing an article and said stats considered hate? it's this type of rhetoric why the problem can't be discussed rationally. you don't know me at all and yet you've labeled me as a 'hater' because i posted an article with actual verified crime statistics. as if telling the truth is somehow hateful..

do i think it is a coincidence that humans growing up in affluent areas do better? - no i do not BUT that doesn't mean that those in less affluent areas can't achieve. Having an attitude that those in those less affluent areas are destined to fail helps perpetuate the myth of helplessness. many in those same situations have achieved albeit under much harder circumstances than many others.

Think it's a cop out to say "hey if they just tried harder", Then feel free to bash the folks that have shit environment. Realize it makes one feel all warm and fuzzy but it's shit. The whole black on black crime rant is racism. We're all humans. We are all products of our environment.
    callen said:

Think it's a cop out to say "hey if they just tried harder", Then feel free to bash the folks that have shit environment. Realize it makes one feel all warm and fuzzy but it's shit. The whole black on black crime rant is racism. We're all humans. We are all products of our environment.

you really don't have to work very hard NOT to murder someone or commit a violent crime. not everyone in 'shit environments' as you label them does those things. We are all humans...some of us just treat other humans better than others.
    pjhawks said:

callen said:

you really don't have to work very hard NOT to murder someone or commit a violent crime. not everyone in 'shit environments' as you label them does those things. We are all humans...some of us just treat other humans better than others.
    The haves have not a fkn clue.

You aren't special. If you were born in that environment you would react the same.
    callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

You aren't special. If you were born in that environment you would react the same.
    they how do you explain those born in that environment that don't act the same? please enlighten us.

and I am special.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Cal,all based on the numbers in the Philly paper story.
    edited October 2015
    pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

they how do you explain those born in that environment that don't act the same? please enlighten us.

and I am special.
    Different experiences different results. Even within a subgroup. But overall when you start as a baby in poor projects with no jobs and shitty schools you create what you get.

No you aren't special in any way. One in how many billion? Your parents lied. Your teachers lied. Your just very lucky.

Now when one looks down on a group of people that started life with a shit sand which that makes one cruel.
    (Changed to "one" not "you" as I don't want to label, being better).

RR, we had very similar lives. Same generation, race, suburban lives with decent support systems. We were so lucky.

How do we make things better? Labeling and pointing fingers just makes it worse.
    Post edited by callen on
    rr165892 said:

To be honest didn't even read it. The whole black on black crime and they need to take care if their own before talking of others just reeks to me.

Peace.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    It actually didn't come off that way.It was a quick and plain summation with some facts.No bias.
  • callen said:

rr165892 said:

To be honest didn't even read it. The whole black on black crime and they need to take care if their own before talking of others just reeks to me.

Peace.
    How can you ever hope to have a balanced perspective if you ignore items that might speak contrary to your belief system?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.
    wait so you are ripping on me for posting the article with stats and you didn't even read it? come on man. that's weak
  • callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

and I am special.
    Different experiences different results. Even within a subgroup. But overall when you start as a baby in poor projects with no jobs and shitty schools you create what you get.

I agree somewhat on the "product of your environment" but at the same time, why is personal responsibility never talked about? Why is there never any discussion about all the deadbeat dads and women who have a bunch of kids with different fathers?? (and I'm not only talking about black communities....this happens in plenty of shitty white communities as well)

When you grow up in a situation with no focus on education and family, things probably aren't going to end up very well for you. Maybe if these kids actually went to school and got the right message at home, these schools wouldn't be so shitty. But hey, let's just keep blaming the system and not hold anyone accountable for their actions.

And yes, go ahead and tell me how lucky I am that I grew up in the suburbs with parents who actually gave a shit.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

and I am special.

I agree somewhat on the "product of your environment" but at the same time, why is personal responsibility never talked about? Why is there never any discussion about all the deadbeat dads and women who have a bunch of kids with different fathers?? (and I'm not only talking about black communities....this happens in plenty of shitty white communities as well)

When you grow up in a situation with no focus on education and family, things probably aren't going to end up very well for you. Maybe if these kids actually went to school and got the right message at home, these schools wouldn't be so shitty. But hey, let's just keep blaming the system and not hold anyone accountable for their actions.

And yes, go ahead and tell me how lucky I am that I grew up in the suburbs with parents who actually gave a shit.
    Since when is that not talked about???? Tune in to any media with even a touch of conservative lean and you will hear it allllllllllll day long.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    edited October 2015
    rgambs said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

and I am special.

Since when is that not talked about???? Tune in to any media with even a touch of conservative lean and you will hear it allllllllllll day long.
    True. And everyone calls them racist for talking about it. I guess my question should have been why is it not OK to talk about it?
    rr165892 said:

It actually didn't come off that way.It was a quick and plain summation with some facts.No bias.

Because I was responding to phrase "Black on Black " crime. And following/driving that debate.

Hell the phrase "personal responsibility" is the same BS.

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.
    wait so you are ripping on me for posting the article with stats and you didn't even read it? come on man. that's weak
    PJ, realize it's never personal. Direct yes.

Our discussions are viable, without article. My comments directed at post article comments.

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.
    How can you ever hope to have a balanced perspective if you ignore items that might speak contrary to your belief system?
    Cause article regardless if what is was isn't related to my points.

Okay gonna read the damn article.
    Okay now upon opening the link I did read it prior to posting. I stand by my posts.
    pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.
    So what message did you receive from article?
    callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.
    that black on black crime is a huge problem that is not being adequately addressed. it's not about talking points and slogans but about facts
    pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.
    that black on black crime is a huge problem that is not being adequately addressed. it's not about talking points and slogans but about facts
    Again it's not black on black crime it's poor uneducated humans born into a shit life crime against poor uneducated humans born into a shit life.

The term "black on black crime" is used by humans that have need to feel superior. But they aren't, just lucky mofo's.

And why don't we discuss solutions? How do make this situation better?

Education, jobs, hope. None of this exists for many.
  • callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.

I think a focus on family and education is a good start.
  • callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.
    Again it's not black on black crime it's poor uneducated humans born into a shit life crime against poor uneducated humans born into a shit life.

The term "black on black crime" is used by humans that have need to feel superior. But they aren't, just lucky mofo's.

Things are tough so I'm going to kill someone?

Is this ultimately what you are saying?
    "My brain's a good brain!"

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.

Not saying that at all.

We are all products of our environment. It's not a race thing. Affluent blacks living in nice areas if the country don't have kids that do crime as thise in poor projects. So I'm dying blaming it on race is wrong and incorrect. Hence my strong opposition of comments made after story was presented and those got in the black on black crime chant.
    callen said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.

Not saying that at all.

We are all products of our environment. It's not a race thing. Affluent blacks living in nice areas if the country don't have kids that do crime as thise in poor projects. So I'm dying blaming it on race is wrong and incorrect. Hence my strong opposition of comments made after story was presented and those got in the black on black crime chant.
    i don't think anyone is disagreeing on the cause...but when you put down on a file the race of the victim and the race of the perpratraitor the numbers ultimately fall at much greater proportions to both being black. those are facts that are indisputable.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    pjhawks said:

callen said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Peace.

Not saying that at all.

i don't think anyone is disagreeing on the cause...but when you put down on a file the race of the victim and the race of the perpratraitor the numbers ultimately fall at much greater proportions to both being black. those are facts that are indisputable.
    What are the facts around the percentage of the population living in poverty, broken down by black, white, asian, hispanic, etc? Those facts are necessary before making any further assumptions, as without them you may well be looking at simple confounders rather than any causative link.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.