• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,414
    edited June 2015
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

What happened to that girl didn't happen because she crashed a pool party. It happened because she refused to obey a police officer in the midst of a situation that was spiraling out of control. Had she simply walked away she would have not been tackled or detained. The cop overreacted, but we shouldn't pretend that this girl did nothing but trespass at a pool party.

I don't see any difference between the logic and reason of that statement and this one:
    "If she wouldn't have gone back to his house for a drink he couldn't have raped her. What he did was wrong but we shouldn't pretend she did nothing that contributed to her assault."
    For whatever reason you refuse to admit she contributed in any way to the predicament she found herself in. That just isn't credible based on the video evidence we have.

And if you truly don't see any difference between what I posted and the rapist comparison you just made...wow. Refusing to obey a police officer is not akin to unknowingly having a drink with a rapist. The logic is not the same, nor is the situation. Honestly, I'm embarrassed that I even have to make this point. And so should you be.

Of course she contributed, I haven't disputed that!

I think you should be embarrassed that you don't see how the logic and reason are the same. Just because you don't like it doesn't matter, it doesn't change. The details are different but the underlying principles are the same.
    In both scenarios there is a person doing something that is admittedly wrong, but the responsibility is at least partially pushed onto the victim for doing something that was admittedly stupid which contributed to their victimisation.

Now explain the difference. Not that it's relevant, but she was complying with the officers orders, she was just doing so with a loud mouth.
    Going back to a person's house for a drink is not doing anything wrong, therefore the victim of under these circumstances cannot be responsible to any degree for getting raped.

Rebuffing an officer of the law's requests as he attempts to manage a scene is wrong, therefore by refusing basic directions from a person granted the authority to do so by society... the person has directly contributed to their fate. Which, in this case, was detained and handcuffed: she was hardly a victim of violence the way I typically speak of 'victims of violence'.

This has not been your best effort, RG.
    If you can't see past your nose, it's not my efforts to blame.
    Going home with a stranger IS stupid. Doesn't matter how many millions of women do it, it is a stupid thing to do.
    Is it wrong? No.
    Is it wrong to mouth off to an officer? I guess we disagree on that one. I believe in total freedom of speech.

If she was your daughter you wouldn't consider her a victim of violence?
    And really????

Total freedom of speech? So, cops enforcing the law we pay them to enforce aside, kids in classrooms should freely mouth off to teachers whenever the mood hits them? Kids mouth their parents off? Pay no respect to anyone if you don't feel like you want to because you want to use the moment to exercise total freedom of speech?

I think you need to place a bit more thought into this line of thinking.

* And don't call me big nose LOL!
    So mouthing someone off is an excuse for violence? If a kid was mouthing off to a teacher the teacher can throw the student around? My kid is giving me backtalk I throw him/her around? You really need to access where you stand on this.

You are so way out to lunch if you didn't think this cop overreacted. Police abuse, plain and simple.

Still, nobody has addressed the fact that the kid recording the video was white and completely ignored by the cop. While his black friends were being detained all around him by Napoleon cop.

didn't the call come in that the black kids crashed the party? i believe that is how i heard it but i could be wrong.

as for 'total freedom of speech' - to use your analogy i highly doubt you would say the same thing if someone was saying stuff to or about your daughter. it doesn't work that way.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,112
    Alleged first hand account of what necessitated the initial call to police. It is from a Facebook post referenced by NPR. Puts into perspective what these cops faced when they arrived on the scene. It sounds like chaos.
    Facebook friends and family – PLEASE HELP! That (now viral) video of the officer in McKinney subduing a girl in a bathing suit was in OUR neighborhood. The situation was NOT what is being reported…

A DJ setup in a public space next to the private pool in our neighborhood on Friday and played loud explicit (F-bomb) music for multiple hours (it is unclear if he was invited by a resident as no one has claimed responsibility). The teenagers (both black and white) were being brought into our neighborhood by the carload because the DJ was tweeting out invites to a “pool party” for $15 (obviously unauthorized by our neighborhood). The teens began fighting with each other and pushing their way into our private pool. Some were jumping our fence. The security guard was accosted when he tried to stop the beginnings of this mob scene. Some residents who live around the park/pool area tried to come out and settle things down. The teens started yelling racial slurs at our neighbors and started assaulting people and property (throwing bottles at cars and attacking a mother at the pool with 3 young children). The first officer on the scene was by himself. At that time, the party had grown to a large, aggressive crowd. As the officer arrived, many teens started running through our neighborhood. Many of the teens were being very aggressive and yelling at the officers as more arrived.

This was a very dangerous situation for the officers AND the teens/residents not involved. The news media has refused to hear the neighborhood’s side of this story. The video being distributed is only a very small segment of what happened. This information being distributed by the media and others is extremely distorted and in some cases outright lies.

PLEASE HELP US STOP THE BROADCASTING OF THIS IGNORANCE. The media is trying to make it look like our neighborhood is a white’s only, racist area. Anyone who has spent even a few minutes in our area knows this is an outright LIE.

The unfortunate result is that our neighbors are now being threatened. We have also had cars and property in and around the park area vandalized this weekend. Unfortunately, the press and social media are trying to enflame the situation.

I am asking for your help for my family and my neighbor’s safety…PLEASE, PLEASE do not rebroadcast any of these lies.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/06/08/412889290/texas-pool-party-update-teens-and-residents-speak-out

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    We give the police authority to use force.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

When warranted. There's a balance. And we are seeing it debated which is a great thing.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen said:

When warranted. There's a balance. And we are seeing it debated which is a great thing.
    100% agree.

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2015
    This is an event that just happened up here.
    The striking comment that got me was that "This morning a Woman woke up without a husband and children woke up without their father."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/suspect-in-fatal-edmonton-police-shooting-accused-of-hate-crime-1.2413122
    Police never know where a mundane call will lead. So if force is necessary in the officers mind to control their individual situation so be it. I can't imagine being this Police officers partner and surviving.

We give Police the right to exercise their judgement because it is something we won't do. It is quite shocking how some on this thread have a disdain for police all round. Much like the out of control free speeched punks in the video.

So this is not me quick to a Police officers defence it is me stating that I respect police and they at the core are human like us.

They happen to do a job that requires unlimited liability every shift they take. So the roughness those kids got - so be it.

There was a thread that got closed, it was called "What is AMT for"? I don't remember who started it but it was a good thread. At times this place is too-anti authority which is deterring for many who may want to post in AMT.

edit - and yes I am aware of this http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/texas-police-officer-resigns-amid-pool-party-video-outrage-1.2413260
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    It's beginning to get way to easy to armchair quarterback the police force when they are making decisions that the average human doesn't have to make. There are times when police go way overboard. I won't argue that. I just don't think this pool party was one of those times.

Did he need to stand on this girls back with his knee? Probably not. But if the girl simply listens to the guy, he doesn't do that at all. She wasn't exercising her freedom of speech in the face of authority. She was acting disrespectful to the police officers. Just listen to them. It's that simple.
  • callen said:

I agree.

And stop calling me Big Nose.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

What happened to that girl didn't happen because she crashed a pool party. It happened because she refused to obey a police officer in the midst of a situation that was spiraling out of control. Had she simply walked away she would have not been tackled or detained. The cop overreacted, but we shouldn't pretend that this girl did nothing but trespass at a pool party.

I don't see any difference between the logic and reason of that statement and this one:
    "If she wouldn't have gone back to his house for a drink he couldn't have raped her. What he did was wrong but we shouldn't pretend she did nothing that contributed to her assault."
    For whatever reason you refuse to admit she contributed in any way to the predicament she found herself in. That just isn't credible based on the video evidence we have.

And if you truly don't see any difference between what I posted and the rapist comparison you just made...wow. Refusing to obey a police officer is not akin to unknowingly having a drink with a rapist. The logic is not the same, nor is the situation. Honestly, I'm embarrassed that I even have to make this point. And so should you be.

Of course she contributed, I haven't disputed that!

I think you should be embarrassed that you don't see how the logic and reason are the same. Just because you don't like it doesn't matter, it doesn't change. The details are different but the underlying principles are the same.
    In both scenarios there is a person doing something that is admittedly wrong, but the responsibility is at least partially pushed onto the victim for doing something that was admittedly stupid which contributed to their victimisation.

Now explain the difference. Not that it's relevant, but she was complying with the officers orders, she was just doing so with a loud mouth.
    Good, I'm glad you can admit that this girl's behavior contributed to the situation she found herself in.

The girl going back to a guy's house isn't stupid, nor is it wrong, nor does it mean a rape is about to occur. It happens all the time in cities and towns all over the world. It doesn't share any "principle" with not obeying a police officer. There is no equivalency there.

Embarrassing that this is what the debate has been lowered to. Cops, rapists, all the same apparently.
    Oh now come the fuck on, that isn't anything close to what I was saying and you know it.
    Except I don't, because what you said is very close to that. A girl going back to a guy's house is not remotely comparable to a girl refusing to obey a police officer...yet that is the exact comparison you made.
    rgambs said:

The logic and reason behind it, not the circumstances and participants of it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,414
    edited June 2015
    callen said:

unfortunately a passive police force leads to chaos. just need proof look at Baltimore where crime and murders are way way up since the riots and police have backed off stopping those for petty things and from using force on criminals. it's not a coincidence.

I often think of the below quote from "A Few Good Men" when I think of those that go out of their way to question how law enforcement handles situations, especially those like this one where no one was injured in their manner of protecting the citizens.

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. "
    Post edited by pjhawks on

rgambs said:

callen said:

Cops have to be able to protect themselves. When the cop tried to subdue the girl he had two guys come up from behind. Sorry but his life was in danger and he rightfully needed to take evasive actions. He didn't shoot anyone. He didn't beat anyone up. We created this society with our gun happy culture. This is what happens. Also don't feel this has anything to do with race.

Cops where called to assist security guard that was over matched by twitter party invite violating pool rules of guests per tenant. Police came to assist and sure if the teens left we wouldn't be hearing of this.

There's a balance to this and I'm very critical of police and recent events. This though may be going to far.

As to racist comment like to hear more details.

The problem is that the cop had no reason to "subdue" the girl in the first place. He wasn't responding to a dangerous situation, that's bullshit, he was CREATING a dangerous situation.
    Says who? You?
    Says anyone who watches the video and understands what the word subdue means.
    The order was given to disperse, that order was being complied with when he chased her down to drag her back into the area.

I would have reset his clock and then probably got shot. It isn't a question for me, when I see a man beating on a teenage girl I act...security, soldier, President, Pope, I don't give a shit.
    A uniform doesn't give you a right to do as you please, regardless of what you think.
  • rgambs said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

Cops have to be able to protect themselves. When the cop tried to subdue the girl he had two guys come up from behind. Sorry but his life was in danger and he rightfully needed to take evasive actions. He didn't shoot anyone. He didn't beat anyone up. We created this society with our gun happy culture. This is what happens. Also don't feel this has anything to do with race.

Cops where called to assist security guard that was over matched by twitter party invite violating pool rules of guests per tenant. Police came to assist and sure if the teens left we wouldn't be hearing of this.

There's a balance to this and I'm very critical of police and recent events. This though may be going to far.

The problem is that the cop had no reason to "subdue" the girl in the first place. He wasn't responding to a dangerous situation, that's bullshit, he was CREATING a dangerous situation.
    Says who? You?
    The order was given to disperse, that order was being complied with when he chased her down to drag her back into the area.

A uniform doesn't give you a right to do as you please, regardless of what you think.
    You're right.
    But a non-uniform does not give you the right to act as you please.

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

Says who? You?

You're right.
    Sticks and stones. Words don't justify violence. Uniform, no uniform, doesn't matter.
  • rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

callen said:

Says who? You?

You're right.
    Sticks and stones. Words don't justify violence. Uniform, no uniform, doesn't matter.
    It's all state of mind.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    pjhawks said:

callen said:

unfortunately a passive police force leads to chaos. just need proof look at Baltimore where crime and murders are way way up since the riots and police have backed off stopping those for petty things and from using force on criminals. it's not a coincidence.

I often think of the below quote from "A Few Good Men" when I think of those that go out of their way to question how law enforcement handles situations, especially those like this one where no one was injured in their manner of protecting the citizens.

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. "
    Wasn't Jack the bad guy in that movie?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

The striking comment that got me was that "This morning a Woman woke up without a husband and children woke up without their father."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/suspect-in-fatal-edmonton-police-shooting-accused-of-hate-crime-1.2413122
    Police never know where a mundane call will lead. So if force is necessary in the officers mind to control their individual situation so be it. I can't imagine being this Police officers partner and surviving.

We give Police the right to exercise their judgement because it is something we won't do. It is quite shocking how some on this thread have a disdain for police all round. Much like the out of control free speeched punks in the video.

So this is not me quick to a Police officers defence it is me stating that I respect police and they at the core are human like us.

They happen to do a job that requires unlimited liability every shift they take. So the roughness those kids got - so be it.

There was a thread that got closed, it was called "What is AMT for"? I don't remember who started it but it was a good thread. At times this place is too-anti authority which is deterring for many who may want to post in AMT.

edit - and yes I am aware of this http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/texas-police-officer-resigns-amid-pool-party-video-outrage-1.2413260

Interesting that even his police chief thinks he was out of control, but here on the AMT he was just doing his job.

Conley said a review of the incident video showed Casebolt's actions were "indefensible," and that "our policies, our training and our practices do not support his actions."

In all, 12 officers responded to the report of fights and a disturbance at the pool party at the Craig Ranch North Community Pool in an affluent area of western McKinney. "Eleven of them performed according to their training," Conley said. Casebolt did not, he said.

"He came into the call out of control and the video showed he was out of control during the incident," Conley said.

R.I.P. Const. Daniel Woodall, sounded like a standup cop.
    dignin said:

Interesting that even his police chief thinks he was out of control, but here on the AMT he was just doing his job.

Conley said a review of the incident video showed Casebolt's actions were "indefensible," and that "our policies, our training and our practices do not support his actions."

In all, 12 officers responded to the report of fights and a disturbance at the pool party at the Craig Ranch North Community Pool in an affluent area of western McKinney. "Eleven of them performed according to their training," Conley said. Casebolt did not, he said.

"He came into the call out of control and the video showed he was out of control during the incident," Conley said.

Well whaddaya know!
    edited June 2015
    dignin said:

A police chief is a political animal. Public pressure is paramount. There's no doubt that Casebolt reacted badly that day, but read between the lines here a little bit. Eleven officers performed according to their training...one did not...and that one happened to be caught on camera. Convenient coincidence there.

While Casebolt is dealing with the girl, two other officers take off after another kid. They return a short time later with him handcuffed and looking a little worse for wear. We don't know what happened because there is no video. Because there is no video there is no outrage, justified or not. If there was I bet this same police chief would be talking about the nine officers that performed according to their training and the three that did not.

Maybe these guys would deserve that. Maybe not. Maybe it would be just another case of a politician reacting to public pressure.

Post edited by JimmyV on

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

A police chief is a political animal. Public pressure is paramount. There's no doubt that Casebolt reacted badly that day, but read between the lines here a little bit. Eleven officers performed according to their training...one did not...and that one happened to be caught on camera. Convenient coincidence there.

While Casebolt is dealing with the girl, two other officers take off after another kid. They return a short time later with him handcuffed and looking a little worse for wear. We don't know what happened because there is no video. If there was I bet this same police chief would be talking about the nine officers that performed according to their training and the three that did not.

Maybe these guys would deserve that. Maybe not. Maybe it would be just another case of a politician reacting to public pressure.

I disagree. I am pretty critical of police behavior and I don't disagree with him drawing his weapon and those two cops chasing the guys who were stepping up at him. They were near to assaulting the officer (which he fully deserved IMO) and that is a different scenario. With that many people around, a physical confrontation is a dangerous escalation.
    Also, I don't think it is coincidence at all that the 1 dickhead is the one being filmed. If you were a bystander who would you fill, the one ranting and raving or one of the 11 being reasonable?
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

While Casebolt is dealing with the girl, two other officers take off after another kid. They return a short time later with him handcuffed and looking a little worse for wear. We don't know what happened because there is no video. If there was I bet this same police chief would be talking about the nine officers that performed according to their training and the three that did not.

I disagree. I am pretty critical of police behavior and I don't disagree with him drawing his weapon and those two cops chasing the guys who were stepping up at him. They were near to assaulting the officer (which he fully deserved IMO) and that is a different scenario. With that many people around, a physical confrontation is a dangerous escalation.
    If there was video of them catching up to him, tackling him, slamming him to the ground, wrestling to handcuff him - all of which likely happened - you can bet there would be claims that the police acted brutally and unjustly. It's par for the course now.

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

While Casebolt is dealing with the girl, two other officers take off after another kid. They return a short time later with him handcuffed and looking a little worse for wear. We don't know what happened because there is no video. Because there is no video there is no outrage, justified or not. If there was I bet this same police chief would be talking about the nine officers that performed according to their training and the three that did not.

I see where you're coming from and that is definitely possible. But I would like to think Conely is just doing the right thing and acknowledging the problem instead of the typical wall of blue defense. It's refreshing to see what I believe is honesty. Call me an optimist.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,165
    JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

If there was video of them catching up to him, tackling him, slamming him to the ground, wrestling to handcuff him - all of which likely happened - you can bet there would be claims that the police acted brutally and unjustly. It's par for the course now.

Didn't happen like that. I saw the kid who was arrested interviewed on MSNBC. Claims he was bumped by his friend, slipped on the grassy incline toward the officer who then pulled his gun out. Kid freaked and took off running. When he realized it was different cops chasing him, he complied and voluntarily went face down, in the process biting his lip. He thanked those officers for treating him well and said the other cops behavior toward the girl he held down prompted him to come to her aid. He wasn't charged with anything and was released nor does he want to file suit against the police.

Respect is earned, not conferred.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

Didn't happen like that. I saw the kid who was arrested interviewed on MSNBC. Claims he was bumped by his friend, slipped on the grassy incline toward the officer who then pulled his gun out. Kid freaked and took off running. When he realized it was different cops chasing him, he complied and voluntarily went face down, in the process biting his lip. He thanked those officers for treating him well and said the other cops behavior toward the girl he held down prompted him to come to her aid. He wasn't charged with anything and was released nor does he want to file suit against the police.

Respect is earned, not conferred.
    Recorded interview of the kid

http://www.myk104.com/dede/mckinneys-adrian-martin-tells-his-side/
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    pjhawks said:

callen said:

Get used to this passive policing you touched on, but the bright side of this is less police will be getting hurt since being proactive only increases the chase of getting killed or on Msnbc, however society and people who haven't figured out how to protect themselves will suffer.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    muskydan said:

pjhawks said:

callen said:

Get used to this passive policing you touched on, but the bright side of this is less police will be getting hurt since being proactive only increases the chase of getting killed or on Msnbc, however society and people who haven't figured out how to protect themselves will suffer.
    So much for "protect and serve"

Why don't you quit then? You'd have more time for fishing and golfing, no? If it's soooooo bad, why put your life on the line? Why did you make that promise to "protect and serve".
  • The profession must be exceptionally alluring right now. It's definitely in great shape.

I'm pretty sure anyone with the aptitude to do the job well is anxious to enter the profession with the respect society affords it, the great pay, job conditions and the ho hum minimal risk associated with it.

When cities are taking anyone with a pulse to comprise their numbers... it's going to be worse. In truth, I fear we are already experiencing some of this already. The pool of candidates has slimmed over the last few decades for the RCMP and its getting bleaker.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/colin-kenny-on-the-rcmp-bigger-mandate-fewer-officers

There are several arm chair quarterbacks that seem to know so much about the job and could give the profession such a needed boost- I wish they would.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

The profession must be exceptionally alluring right now. It's definitely in great shape.

I'm pretty sure anyone with the aptitude to do the job well is anxious to enter the profession with the respect society affords it, the great pay, job conditions and the ho hum minimal risk associated with it.

When cities are taking anyone with a pulse to comprise their numbers... it's going to be worse. In truth, I fear we are already experiencing some of this already. The pool of candidates has slimmed over the last few decades for the RCMP and its getting bleaker.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/colin-kenny-on-the-rcmp-bigger-mandate-fewer-officers

There are several arm chair quarterbacks that seem to know so much about the job and could give the profession such a needed boost- I wish they would.

Some of those armchair quarterbacks are offering solutions to raise the quality of police work by raising the quality of candidates and quality of life for officers... Meanwhile some armchair cheerleaders are trying to maintain the status quo by denying there is a problem at all.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    The elusive balance of force.

Houston cop randomly shot in back yesterday.

More guns for everyone. God given right. Woo hoo.

Couldn't pay me enough to be a cop.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
This discussion has been closed.