Options

Jerusalem Post/Ben Red Completely Off Base In Criticism of Eddie and Pearl Jam

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    So just to be sure here,the pro palestinian Folks on these here boards somehow think Ed is taking up your cause?He is the new poster boy for Palestinian freedom movement.Huh.I thought he talked about dropping bombs on each other,no? Both sides are reading way to much into a anti war pro peace and humanity statement.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    rr165892 said:

So just to be sure here,the pro palestinian Folks on these here boards somehow think Ed is taking up your cause?He is the new poster boy for Palestinian freedom movement.Huh.I thought he talked about dropping bombs on each other,no? Both sides are reading way to much into a anti war pro peace and humanity statement.

nobody said that he is pro-palestinian. just because he may scold one government does not automatically make him a supporter of the other side.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rr165892 said:

I thought the Palestinians are using rockets to rain down on Israel? So now they must have fighter jets (wonder who sold them those) and are dropping "bombs" on Israel? Ok, thanks for clarifying that for us.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    rr165892 said:

Last I recall, Palestinians weren't "crossing borders" to "take land" from Israelis. Have any Israeli children been killed/had bombs fall on top of their heads?

Let's not split hairs here ;)
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

The pro Hamas thing is mindboggling.

Yeah,I'm with you.Kinda freaking me out a little.
    Oh and Hamas calls a cease fire a "joke"
    It's on tv right now.So that's promising.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

JimmyV said:

I believe jimmy ment the "eddies pro Hamas now" calls. I dnt think jimmy means he thinks eds pro Hamas now, just that people are calling ed that. I could be wrong jimmy?
  • Options
    Badbrains,C'mon bro.We have been debating this on the other thread for weeks.Does the speech the other night give your voice more volume?Do we really have to rehash the whole "terrorist" thing.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Badbrains,C'mon bro.We have been debating this on the other thread for weeks.Does the speech the other night give your voice more volume?Do we really have to rehash the whole "terrorist" thing.

"Bro" you're confusing the shit out of me? I didn't bring up the terrorist shit again. I think u misunderstood what jimmy ment in his post, that's all, bro. And let me flip your question for you, do you think that eds speech DIDNT give volume to this cause? If it didn't, all those threatening posts on the jpost wouldn't be happening to eddie. He spoke his fucken opinion, and for that people threatened his life. And here I thought only fucken Arabs are barbaric. So now one can't speak his mind or say he's opinion? Ya democracy, freedom, until u decide to voice for the "other side".
  • Options
    fuck said:

rr165892 said:

Last I recall, Palestinians weren't "crossing borders" to "take land" from Israelis. Have any Israeli children been killed/had bombs fall on top of their heads?

I agree.splitting hairs would be bringing up things like school bus bombings,hijackings,kidnap pings and murdering Olympic athletes.little things like that.We could do this all day.Both sides rehashing violence and horrible acts all thru history.Commited by both sides.At who's expense??? Most the time Innocent people.I feel for the people caught up in this.It sucks.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

rr165892 said:

nobody said that he is pro-palestinian. just because he may scold one government does not automatically make him a supporter of the other side.
    To RR it does. You're either with Israel, or a Hamas lovin' terrust. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

fuck said:

rr165892 said:

I agree.splitting hairs would be bringing up things like school bus bombings,hijackings,kidnap pings and murdering Olympic athletes.little things like that.We could do this all day.Both sides rehashing violence and horrible acts all thru history.Commited by both sides.At who's expense??? Most the time Innocent people.I feel for the people caught up in this.It sucks.
    Well, since you're bringing up the past, let's NOT FORGET our very OWN USS LIBERTY. Right?
  • Options
    Badbrains,I agree 1000% about the JPost responses .Idiots.Dont agree with any of it.I think the bring PJ to Israel cause shot themselves in the foot.I don't want to hear that crap ,just like I don't want to hear any Hamas crap.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

fuck said:

rr165892 said:

Well, since you're bringing up the past, let's NOT FORGET our very OWN USS LIBERTY. Right?
    Now your missing the point
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Badbrains,I agree 1000% about the JPost responses .Idiots.Dont agree with any of it.I think the bring PJ to Israel cause shot themselves in the foot.I don't want to hear that crap ,just like I don't want to hear any Hamas crap.

RR, I support the Palestinians but I am in NO WAY PRO HAMAS. And I'll agree with you on this, it's always the innocent who get fucked, wether they are Palestinian or Israelis.

Here's a little thing about my circassian people. We actually have 2 villages in Israel and serve in the idf. The 2 villages are and I know I'm spelling them wrong- Rihannea and kofor kamin. I know I fucked the spelling up. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

rr165892 said:

To RR it does. You're either with Israel, or a Hamas lovin' terrust. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!
    Wrong.Im def not with Hamas.But Im not happy about the amount of innocent lives being ruined by this conflict,soooo what is that?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

RR, I support the Palestinians but I am in NO WAY PRO HAMAS. And I'll agree with you on this, it's always the innocent who get fucked, wether they are Palestinian or Israelis.

Here's a little thing about my circassian people. We actually have 2 villages in Israel and serve in the idf. The 2 villages are and I know I'm spelling them wrong- Rihannea and kofor kamin. I know I fucked the spelling up. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Im not middle eastern,Ive never been to the area.Im from a beach town in Florida.I was drawn Into this whole original argument by a video of school kids singing alive at an Israeli high school.I shared it with my then Youngest who was a singer in her High school "show choir" at the time and thought it was a great thing ,kids trying to change something.As a PJ fan the video gave me/Her chills.This discussion,like the conflict itself has escalated.For me I guess it's about terrorism and complete disregard for human life.I guess for the Palestinians they can also say the same.I personally as an American don't have a dog in the fight,and don't agree with every political stance My favorite musical artists take,or who they support.I know this is a passionate issue,and for those affected personally on both sides may you and yours stay safe.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

JimmyV said:

I believe jimmy ment the "eddies pro Hamas now" calls. I dnt think jimmy means he thinks eds pro Hamas now, just that people are calling ed that. I could be wrong jimmy?
    Indeed, the attempt to label Eddie Vedder as being somehow pro-Hamas based on his recent comments is what has my mind boggled. I mean, seriously. How can anyone read the text of what he said and conclude that Eddie is now somehow pro-Hamas?

Boggled.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    This thread would thrive even more if it was in the AMT category seeing as the pre-requisites are
    Politics, current events - reasoned debate and discussion - we can all learn something new.
    The Porch I feel is not a place for this discussion, it's too heavy. Let's get back to the music and Ice Cream threads. :)>-
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Just saw that Neil Young cancelled his Tel Aviv date. That´s really sad. Apparently there was some sort of demonstration going on outside the Hyde Park gig and now this. I fully understand that Young pulls the plug. He´s an artist who shouldn´t be involved with this madness. But it´s the fans that will lose in the long run and that´s really sad.
    It´s also sad that Ed can´t voice an opinion without people reading too much into it. Now some even wish to crucify him. It´s not hard to understand why the conflict´s not going to end anytime soon but if I was on tour I probably wouldn´t want to play that area either

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Take it to Moving Train or AET guys. This isn't a CNN forum.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038
    1) This thread is out of control.

2) Mr. Vedder should address this, not his fans.

3) Nothing that I write, NOTHING, is going to change anyone's mind on these boards.

4) I know all the above to be true and not an opinion.
  • Options

1) This thread is out of control.

2) Mr. Vedder should address this, not his fans.

3) Nothing that I write, NOTHING, is going to change anyone's mind on these boards.

4) I know all the above to be true and not an opinion.

You're wrong, you just changed my mind. ;-)

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    He went as far as he could, just short of naming them..US media/entertainment is pretty much controlled by jewish people. and thats fine. but you have to navigate carefully and speak in broad strokes so as not to turn them against you...which is to say, dont say anything against them or israel at all unless you want to encounter 'you'll never work in this or any town again!'

There's a collective guilty conscience going on among israelis and jews and not all jewish people support Israels weapons testing/incremetal genocide.

Ed spoke from his heart. he has that right. and its great that he did. But he meant all wars, this was just the last straw
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Listen to 'Marker in the sand' and then tell me how Eddie is feeling about the conflict

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    edited July 2014
    lbpeltz said:

I never get the idea that EV is really informed on political issues. Maybe he's intentionally uninformed or underinformed, but to view him in any higher light than a pot smoking hippie yelling, "peace dude" is to do an injustice.

And being more tipsier than normal. Not sure what he did on the Europe tour, but by the end of the US tour, he was drinking 2-3 magnums of wine a night. The guy is like 5'5"...that's 4-6 bottles of wine a night. I don't think anyone could do that without being hammered. He seemed to have a lot when he went on the rant, which has led to a lot of tension amongst a fan base that really looks out for each other. Seems like there's a divide now in the fan base, albeit not a huge divide, but a divide. I don't recall this ever happening before, the divide in the fan base.
    Post edited by SkeeterB on
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    The wine bottles are not all full of wine. Often there is Gatorade in there.

• Options
    SkeeterB said:

lbpeltz said:

I never get the idea that EV is really informed on political issues. Maybe he's intentionally uninformed or underinformed, but to view him in any higher light than a pot smoking hippie yelling, "peace dude" is to do an injustice.

And a drunk too. Since the Fall tour, his drinking has been out of hand. Not sure what he did on the Europe tour, but by the end of the US tour, he was drinking 2-3 magnums of wine a night. The guy is like 5'5"...that's 4-6 bottles of wine a night. I don't think anyone could do that without being hammered. His drunk state led to the rant, which has led to a lot of tension amongst a fan base that really looks out for each other. Seems like there's a divide now in the fan base, albeit not a huge divide, but a divide. I don't recall this ever happening before.
    Now this will get locked........finally
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,595
    One thing I can say is US money has saved innocent Israeli lives due to the defense system shooting down rockets aimed for civilians.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I like Strawberries
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    edited July 2014
    When I saw Ed in Orlando in '92 he was mad at Domino's Pizza for the CEO was pro life.

I'm glad he's no longer picking on food chains. Although I never did like Domino's Pizza. Not because of the CEO's beliefs, but because the Pizza taste like poo.
    Post edited by JB128716 on
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
This discussion has been closed.