Options

Poland shall not be forgotten or official 13th June Chorzow/Katowice show thread

Comments

• Options
    titefkatitefka Posts: 35
    Bartek wrote:
    Or choose Wroclaw. Out of this three Warsaw is the worst choice :P (expensive and far away from Chorzow, yet it has the biggest airport).
    oooh yes I agree ,Wroclaw is a really good choice.Has anybody heard about touring bus or sth like this ....? greetings
    www.myspace.com/titefka
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I try to make reservation in a Hotel Stadium Slaski...I put all info in questionary, but it seams that it didn't went thru...???
    Did somebody else had a same problem, no response of reservation ???

Help :)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I try to make reservation in a Hotel Stadium Slaski...I put all info in questionary, but it seams that it didn't went thru...???
    Did somebody else had a same problem, no response of reservation ???

Help :)

Yeah it doesn't look like you can book that far in advanced.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    i won't be going to the katowice show but i just wanted to use this thread as a great example that this forum is awesome :) i mean this thread is really helpful, so nice one :D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    mole1985 wrote:
    Yeah it doesn't look like you can book that far in advanced.

I put a request in through http://www.poland.com and am waiting to hear back.....
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    titefka wrote:
    oooh yes I agree ,Wroclaw is a really good choice.Has anybody heard about touring bus or sth like this ....? greetings

and I must disagree. wroclaw is fine for a travelling experience but not for someone who just comes for the concert. it's not that close to katowice (the journey takes almost 3 hours by train) - so my choice would still be katowice (if you're coming just for the show) or krakow (if you arrive the day before or so). plus, really, wroclaw being a beautiful city, it doesn't beat krakow in its beauty and nightlife!

as far as the on-line reservations of the stadium hotel go - no idea why it didn't work for you guys. maybe try calling them?
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    ive just put a reservation request in for the stadium hotel for 12th and 13th but now wish i had stayed in krakow for the 12th and katowice for 13th, are there a few bars in katowice near the hotel or is it easy to travel to krakow from there even late at night? Oooh so many questions and concerns, i should just relax and see what happens but im put off a bit by somebody who posted saying "Dont stay in Katowice" why not???? whats up with it???
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    super vedder :)
    relax ;) you'll be fine either way. by 'don't stay in katowice' I (or whoever else wrote it) meant that it's not the most interesting of all the places - it's the capital of the industrial, coal-mining area in poland, and there's not much to do/see there.
    but one thing you can take for granted - wherever you go in poland - you'll find bars! :)
    as I wrote earlier - it takes 1,5 h krakow-katowice - so you'll just have to decide if it worth wasting that time just to have a few drinks! ;) there should be trains to/from krakow late in the evening too.
  • Options
    oh god now i feel even worse about staying there, at least it will be easier to get to the airport for my 6am flight back to liverpool from katowice on the 14th, wont it? if nothing else it will be an experience i guess!
  • Options
    the hotel at the stadium has no availability for 12th and 13th anyway so god knows what im gonna do now!!! does anybody know how katowice airport is from the stadium, i might just get a hotel on 12th and go the gig 13th then just hang out at the airport afterwards til my flight at 6am. seems the best/cheapest idea.....
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    the hotel at the stadium has no availability for 12th and 13th anyway so god knows what im gonna do now!!! does anybody know how katowice airport is from the stadium, i might just get a hotel on 12th and go the gig 13th then just hang out at the airport afterwards til my flight at 6am. seems the best/cheapest idea.....
    10-15km away according to the first post.
    So a taxi shouldn't be too expensive. I'll be sleeping at the airport too, did it at Dublin and had no problems.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    So a taxi shouldn't be too expensive. I'll be sleeping at the airport too, did it at Dublin and had no problems.

it makes sense doesnt it? paying for the night of the 13th in a hotel is just throwing money away aint it? just need to find somewhere for the 12th now, are you staying in katowice on the 12th then or somewhere else? who did ya book your flights with and what dates are you travelling?

i have so many questions..........
  • Options
    it makes sense doesnt it? paying for the night of the 13th in a hotel is just throwing money away aint it? just need to find somewhere for the 12th now, are you staying in katowice on the 12th then or somewhere else? who did ya book your flights with and what dates are you travelling?

i have so many questions..........
    I'm flying with Wizzair from Stansted (I live in Stansted so it's the easiest way for me). Fly in on the afternoon on the 13th (land at 3.30ish), and take off about 12.30 on the 14th.

So I won't exactly be seeing much of Poland, but no need for hotels.
    Paul
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    I'm flying with Wizzair from Stansted (I live in Stansted so it's the easiest way for me). Fly in on the afternoon on the 13th (land at 3.30ish), and take off about 12.30 on the 14th.

So I won't exactly be seeing much of Poland, but no need for hotels.

yeah i wish i had booked my flight for 13th (hindsight is a wonderful thing) then i could save the hassle of finding a hotel for one night, guess i was too excited by getting my tickets and got carried away!!!
  • Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    fowls wrote:

I don't know about taxis in Katowice, but here in Warsaw (which is the most expensive city in the country) you'd pay from 1 dollar to 1 euro (or 3-4 zl) per one kilometer for a taxi at night (during the day it's half that).

It should be cheaper in Katowice, but they charge you additionally when you leave city (Katowice airport is probably outside the city).
  • Options
    roubal wrote:
    I don't know about taxis in Katowice, but here in Warsaw (which is the most expensive city in the country) you'd pay from 1 dollar to 1 euro (or 3-4 zl) per one kilometer for a taxi at night (during the day it's half that).

It should be cheaper in Katowice, but they charge you additionally when you leave city (Katowice airport is probably outside the city).
    Well I'll be with a friend or 2 (definitely 1 friend, maybe up to 3) so we can split the cost between us. And that's still alright compared to what you'd pay in London. To be honest I was expecting it to be about a £10 trip so if its around 10euro then it's cheaper than expected.

Is the stadium easy to find? From the airport what's the easiest way to the stadium? Is it more worth while getting a taxi straight from the airport to the stadium? or is there a bus/train to get into town so I can walk to the stadium?
    Paul
  • Options
    Cost of a cab from the airport to Katowice is about 20 euros.

Please, take a look at this page: http://www.pearljam.pl/concert
    Sorry for constantly spamming the forum with this link, but all the info you need is really there (recently we updated the site with taxi prices, maps, tram schedules and a lot more).
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    This is without a doubt the one show I'm most looking forward to. I cannot wait!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    Bartek wrote:
    Cost of a cab from the airport to Katowice is about 20 euros.

Please, take a look at this page: http://www.pearljam.pl/concert
    Sorry for constantly spamming the forum with this link, but all the info you need is really there (recently we updated the site with taxi prices, maps, tram schedules and a lot more).
    Oh cool, thanks, that map's really helpful.
    Paul
  • Options
    Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    Just seen the 10 club tickets are now"out of stock"
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    the hotel at the stadium has no availability for 12th and 13th anyway so god knows what im gonna do now!!!

How do you know?
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    Hi Roubal,

I would like to take a train from KTW to Praha the day after the show. You suggest something? (I would prefer to spend less time possible to get there)

THX
    T
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    trammeus wrote:
    Hi Roubal,

I would like to take a train from KTW to Praha the day after the show. You suggest something? (I would prefer to spend less time possible to get there)

THX
    T

There is a train at midnight, but you might not catch that one (depending when the show ends), the next Eurocity is at 9:50 in the morning, it takes 6 hours to get to Prague without changing trains.

Check out this train finder: http://rozklad.tktelekom.pl/bin/query.exe/en?
  • Options
    Poland show out of stock on goods section.
  • Options
    Poland show out of stock on goods section.

finally! ;) haha
  • Options
    karola wrote:
    finally! ;) haha

Yea I waited too long, to make up my mind. :(
  • Options

You can easily buy them at http://ticketpro.pl/index.php?page=shop&evid=250&lang=EN
  • Options

oops, sorry! thought everyone interested managed to buy them...
    yea, try the link roubal gave.
    and if it makes you feel better - I could only look at the 'buy' option in the 10c and do nothing since I'm gonna be 7/8 months pregnant at the time of the concert... so no first row for me this time :(
    just a thought: 'out of stock' doesn't mean s'old out' yet. there should be some more available sooon. either way: good luck with the tickets!
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Yo, i ordered my Katowice tickets last night and i got an email saying ten club has recieved my order and that i will get another email when my order is processed. I haven't recieved the process email but the transaction is on my ten club profile. Does this mean i defo got the tix or only when i get the process email.

Thanks a jillion

Dave
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    How do you know?

i know because i sent off the reservation form and they mailed me back offering alternatives, all of which were like double the price!!!!