Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options

Yes, where are all the list supporters? Maybe they could shed some light on this. I could just write my name on a piece of paper and call it the "official list". It would hold as much weight in my opinion.

They are the ones that want F5 back, and moved to Facebook when the boards changed. It's their way or no way.
  • Options
    ryanjp2323ryanjp2323 Posts: 561
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

I'm so glad I have reserved seats for this fall. Now I can drink all day before the show! But this list is pure BS!

Yup. The List concept has relegated me to reserved seating also. These people sound like real assholes. I'd rather enjoy the show from afar than have to stand next to them. A few bad apples are gonna ruin it for everyone....
    I just show up half an hour before the doors open, don't have anything to do with the list, and get an awesome spot in the pit anyway. But this all really makes me mad on behalf of the HONEST and FAIR people who want to line up early. I've seen some of the cheating asshole who like this list system, and they all blab about how they meet awesome people in the line so it's not a waste of time, blah blah blah, but I'd rather do just about anything than spend any part of my day in a line up full of these idiots who don't respect other people.

But I'll be damn ed if I'm going to let these scum bags ruin my concert experience in the pit. That's why I let these selfish quasi - stalkers have the rail, and I'll enjoy the show with decent people three deep.
    THIS.

lining up is a waste of time regardless of the system, list, lineup etc... my GA experience last fall we had a nice breakfast, got some merch, went to the pub for lunch and beers, walked back to hotel (stopped for afternoon snack and beers), got some beers, had a quick nap, had a beer or two... light dinner as well. got to gate 20 min before doors. Leisurely walked in and ended up 2 or 3 from rail centred on left right in front of Mike.

GA is great. relax get in hang out and enjoy. yes rail would be cool but to obsess about it, get all worked up and waste a day?

IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,451

This was 'debated' in another thread last year. Something about 'the line & the list.' Not worth getting upset about Strummers. Get to the show & enjoy! You're going to see the best rock n' roll band ever! Yeah!!!

Totally disagree. It's complete nonsense these people pull this crap at every GA show. I'd be pretty annoyed if I spent all day on line just see a group of super fans stroll up fresh from the pre party and get in line in front of me. Sooner or later someone is going to get a punch in the nose over this garbage.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Yes, where are all the list supporters? Maybe they could shed some light on this. I could just write my name on a piece of paper and call it the "official list". It would hold as much weight in my opinion.

They are the ones that want F5 back, and moved to Facebook when the boards changed. It's their way or no way.
    i don't think they're the ones that want f5 back.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    No one REALLY wants F5 back...That was CRAZY!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    derbydave said:

i had no problems with it, but then i didn't try for the big shows.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I think ten club needs to repost or reprint what they sent out a while ago.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I think ten club needs to repost or reprint what they sent out a while ago.

It would likely have the same effect as "not for resale"
  • Options
    I can not fathom being put on a list to see Pearl Jam. If you have a ticket you have a ticket. The line listers can go and fuck themselves just like EV did with Rolling Stone cover.
  • Options
    melissachunmelissachun Posts: 107
    For the first time ever, I have GA for 2 shows this Fall (yay!), and the thought of the List/Sharpie patrol gives me hives. It seems strange to me that it's accepted by so many. Either you're in line or you aren't. Saving a place for your +1 is fine, but that's it. Has anyone ever just grabbed the list from them and set it on fire?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

For the first time ever, I have GA for 2 shows this Fall (yay!), and the thought of the List/Sharpie patrol gives me hives. It seems strange to me that it's accepted by so many. Either you're in line or you aren't. Saving a place for your +1 is fine, but that's it. Has anyone ever just grabbed the list from them and set it on fire?

I agree...that's what your ticket/line buddy is for. They hold your place in line when you pick up your tickets, run to the bathroom or grab something to bring back to eat or drink while you're waiting in the line. Not go off to a party for 2 or 3 hours & then expect to get your place back!! If you want the good place on the rail...you don't go to the Pre-party! !
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    melissachunmelissachun Posts: 107
    derbydave said:

I agree...that's what your ticket/line buddy is for. They hold your place in line when you pick up your tickets, run to the bathroom or grab something to bring back to eat or drink while you're waiting in the line. Not go off to a party for 2 or 3 hours & then expect to get your place back!! If you want the good place on the rail...you don't go to the Pre-party! !

Seems like common sense and common courtesy, huh? I'm thinking if someone tries to pull this crap, the response should be "Get (your list) out of my f*ckin face!" With a smile, of course. :D
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    I don't sign any list. I just show up, ignore the clown asking me to sign it, and then make myself comfortable. I wait in line and put in my dues. If I have to leave, it's only for the bathroom.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    rr165892 said:

Why are people still abiding by a list.Total nonsense.

Agreed.

It's simple. If there needs to be a list, then allow 5-10 minutes out of line for a bathroom or to get food, etc. None of this "Oh, I'll be back in six hours to check in at 8 AM" crap when other people wake their ass up at 4 AM and get there at 5:30 and wait around all day.

If that's the case, then the Denver list could theoretically start the day the show is rumored (not even announced) and have a guy with a list there six months in advance.

...just more proof they need to copy someone like Bruce or Nine Inch Nails or someone like that. Get everyone into a room two hours before show time. Give everyone a random number and have a fan draw a ball out of a hopper. If your number matches the one drawn, you're first in line. Say there's 1000 balls... number 290 is drawn, they're first. Number 291 would be second. Numbers 1-289 would be after number 1000. Let 20-30 people in every 4-5 minutes so as to prevent stampedes.

If life isn't supposed to be fair, then make these people wait in line like everyone else. If life is supposed to be fair, then make it fair for all.

Then again, I don't see the big deal of having to fight off other people in order to strain your neck upwards to see Ed's nose hairs. Are people that insane for a chance at MAYBE a setlist or QUITE POSSIBLY a sip of wine?

It's called "go in a side door the moment the doors open" and not have to worry about any self-entitled people with their lists who think they can hold spots for six hours.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,593
    Heh heh, I actually really do find that if I'm closer than 4 deep my neck gets sore from looking up for so long! :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    strummers said:

I have no problems with a list at all. If I'd arrived at 11:30pm, been 75th and 76th and there were actually 74 other people sitting waiting, no problem at all! But there were 15 max. 40-50 show up half an hour later for a 'check in', after that we're back to around 15 people again.

The list isn't the problem - I've seen it work fine before when used properly: A way to document who shows up to queue , in the order they show up. That way if the line gets moved or we're asked to group together, you still know who should be where in line in order to enter the venue in the order of who's waited the longest.

The problem is when groups of people collectively put their own 'rules' in place so that a queue is no longer a queue. Such as you can piss off for 6 hours and still expect to be in front of people who didn't piss off for 6 hours. That's what's wrong. They haven't stuck to the etiquette the 10c stated in their confirmation emails. Which means only an elite few have this privileged information, show up early, get their name on the numbered list and sod off for hours at a time.

It's bullshit.

Agreed. There are cases when a line may need to be moved..even if it's something small like moving up alongside the building so as not to be standing in the middle of a pavilion where people may be trying to go about their daily lives. In some cases, yes, a physical "proof of line" makes total sense.

But yeah, what's the point of having "First come, First served" when you can bug off for several hours? Back in the day, people used to take sleeping bags and camp out over night for tickets or whatever. Heck, they did this for hockey tickets just a few months ago...but PJ fans can't do this for a show? Get your butt there early and stay there (barring a few minutes now and again for necessities like food and a toilet.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Heh heh, I actually really do find that if I'm closer than 4 deep my neck gets sore from looking up for so long! :P

Exactly what my concert-going neighbor said...and he's been to quite a few shows of various genres.

Plus, from what I've heard...if you go in just 30-45 minutes early, you can still be 5-9 rows back (or maybe even on the rail in some cases.)
  • Options
    derbydave said:

1-0 in the F5 era and I got my confirmation a few minutes after the on-sale time!

(Of course, I tried only for the Columbus show, but UNDEFEATED!)

FWIW, I'm also 3-0 when I try for tickets. Columbus 2003 (postcards), Columbus 2010 (F5), Cincinnati 2014 (and I had GA as first priority.)
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    haha the list. is this shit still going on? i remember being asked the night before a show in 2009 if i wanted to go on "the list". i just laughed and said i was going back to my hotel and my bed.

fuck the list and the uber elite dickheads that think they're better than everyone else. just turn up with your real friends and have a good time at the show when you feel like getting there.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    On a side note why the hell are people "queueing" outside the venue 24 hours before the gig starts? Nuts

Not a fan of this list thing, never tried to queue so early. I'd rather see the city I'm in first and then go the gig as doors open. Maybe I should head to Wuhlheide now and start a list....
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    The wristbands are already numbered. Put a pair of consecutive random numbers in each envelope. You line up in that order 1 hour before doors. It's the only way I can see to stop this NS from continuing!!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    Let me see if I get this right. I have GA tickets for Stockholm, which (if I have understood this right) gives me access to to the area in front of the crowd bars within the blue area on the pic, correct? And I can get there five mins before the show starts?

This is how I imagine "the list" that has been discussed here, so I would appreciate if anyone could correct me if I'm totally wrong.

Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Come to think of it, I don't even know what "GA" stand for...Ground Area?
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I have a question that is kind of off topic but not really (and GA is General Admission although i am pretty sure you were being facetious). When i look at the picture posted above, it makes me wonder (in a uh oh kind of way) where the reserved seats are through 10C - they say it's rows 1-10; which sounds awesome, even if you're behind a pit (which i imagine as the 'list' area on the picture). But it doesn't look like there is anything 1-10 going on there. Is it like second section orchestra? Or are the seats amidst the GA? First PJ concert and won reserved for Denver so I'm just trying to get my expectations in line with reality.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Fuck those people. They leave, it's to the end of the line. There's a lot of fucking fans out there that are real assholes and think they own this shit because they have seniority or they are a holier than thou 10Club member. Fuck them. You want to sit in line, fine...but you get up and leave for an extended period of time and put your name on some made up list to hold your spot?

Fuck you pal...to the end of the line. Sad to be you.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    njnancy said:

GA is General Admission although i am pretty sure you were being facetious

No, it was an honest question. I was pretty sure my GA tickets from 10c was the same as the Golden Circle tickets that's on general sale. Am I mistaken here?
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

• Options
    edited June 2014
    i don't know what Golden Circle tickets are - but GA are the first people let in and you run to the front of the stage and get as good a spot as you are able. The only people who are able to get GA are 10C members (hypothetically). Good luck & enjoy!
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    Here in Sweden on saturday Golden Circle are the most expensive tickets for the purple area right in front of the stage. Up till now I was sure my GA ticket was the same kind and that's why I paid shitloads of money for it.

Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

• Options
    my guess is that Golden Circle is GA because it's right in front of the stage. Someone else maybe able to answer better than i. Call the venue and ask them if the Golden Circle area is reserved for Pearl Jam Ten Club members.
  • Options
    njnancy said:

my guess is that Golden Circle is GA because it's right in front of the stage. Someone else maybe able to answer better than i. Call the venue and ask them if the Golden Circle area is reserved for Pearl Jam Ten Club members.

Thanks for your support, I'll have a look around and see what I can find in this matter.
    My plan is to collect my tickets, go and have a few beers with my friends and then get in a few minutes before the show starts and thanks to the 10C GA tickets get inside the purple area...I don't have to stand right by the the stage, but I paid the extra money to be able to enjoy the knowledge that I can drink beer without having to worry about queing for hours.
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28