Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    Nami said:

Worse than a soap opera ....but I can't stop reading. b-(

amen.

My wife just gave me a grocery list, and I said no way lettuce gets in right there!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871

KC2917 said:

The letter is 100% real. I saw it firsthand in Amsterdam. The 10c member I bought my ticket from had it with him and showed me. The whole notion of this list is complete bullshit and I just hope when PJ come back to my area, people have the balls to speak up to anyone trying to cut in line. Although I've never seen it here.

clearly there is a letter there, and it looks 100% real. i'm not trying to be an ass... but what makes you believe that the letter is 100% from 10c?

i'm not doing any shows GA, so I don't have a proverbial dog in this fight. maybe the letter really is from 10c. who else on the boards got this letter?
    Because he told me it was and I have absolutely no reason to believe he would have shown up the show with no idea there was a list being established and just happen to have a letter, supposedly from the 10c, declaring the list unofficial just in case there happened to be one. Think about that for a second.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    You know I questioned the authenticity of that letter on Facebook and a couple people went a little nuts. Nice to see there's some folks in here who know better than to believe everything they see on the internet.

If the 10c DID hand that out then good for them, but unless they bring in a staff member (security) to police the line then I still think there will be an issue with enforcing the "no list" policy. I definitely do NOT envy the person whose job it is to handle this, that's for sure.

Like so many others, I still won't do queuing list or no list. Chill at the bar, scope the scene, pick up some merch if there's anything cool, then head in an hour or so before show time and see where I can see the stage from.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    If that letter was in Amsterdam then it is not real. Pj security guys have been helping with the list organisation at times and seriously if that stance was real you think they would ?
  • Options
    KC2917 said:

KC2917 said:

The letter is 100% real. I saw it firsthand in Amsterdam. The 10c member I bought my ticket from had it with him and showed me. The whole notion of this list is complete bullshit and I just hope when PJ come back to my area, people have the balls to speak up to anyone trying to cut in line. Although I've never seen it here.

clearly there is a letter there, and it looks 100% real. i'm not trying to be an ass... but what makes you believe that the letter is 100% from 10c?

i'm not doing any shows GA, so I don't have a proverbial dog in this fight. maybe the letter really is from 10c. who else on the boards got this letter?
    Because he told me it was and I have absolutely no reason to believe he would have shown up the show with no idea there was a list being established and just happen to have a letter, supposedly from the 10c, declaring the list unofficial just in case there happened to be one. Think about that for a second.

i did think about it, and to me it doesn't add up, based on those things I mentioned previously. i'm not calling you, or your friend with the letter, a liar. what other fans in the 10c received this letter? it doesn't make sense to me that 10c would go to the trouble of sending a member this letter, when 10c already laid out where they stand on the issue. again, not trying to be argumentative, just trying to look at the letter situation objectively. anyone else out there get this letter too?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773

Posted on FB...anyone confirm if this is legit?

If this is real, wouldn't they have emailed it to members from their noreply@ email address or posted it on here somehow either on the main page or from Kat or Sea?

I'm not saying it's fake, but I certainly have my doubts.

With that said, I'm completely opposed to the six-hour breaks. Get your butt in line and camp out.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Doesn't matter if it's real or not. Get in line stay there. Really simple.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661
    mcgruff10 said:

Sounds pretty legit to me

Really? Because I find it impossible to believe that 10c would threaten to kick people.out of 10c for something they are doing outside a venue. Or that they wouldn't do something good to show people that it's an official statement.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    callen said:

Exactly. None of this "Oh, I was here for ten minutes at midnight and fifteen minutes at six AM, so I should be able to waltz right up past people who were here non-stop since 8:30 AM.

NOW...a list should do one thing: Keep proof of the line in the case the line has to be moved to another area. This way, people can get back in line in the same exact order. Likewise, if someone has to leave for a QUICK MOMENT if they have to pee or get food, they can get back in their same spot..but a quick moment is exactly that...15 minutes tops. Get back in line for another 3-4 hours then take another quick break.

A line is like work. Don't expect to show up to work at 8 AM, take a 2-hour coffee break, come back to your desk for 15 minutes, take an hour lunch, then work for an hour and expect to be paid for a full day's work...it doesn't happen that way.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    KC2917 said:

Lol, in don't doubt that it is 100% a sheet of paper with a typed message on it. I didn't think it was only a digital or holographic image of a letter, haha. Did 10c write it and distribute it? Seriously doubt it. They would have done a better job and not made hollow threats in it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,958
    10c has a message board where people's posting privileges are regularly threatened for the most minor of offenses. I don't doubt for a second that 10c might threaten to revoke memberships.

I don't know if this letter is legit or not. I don't know if 10c actually would follow through and revoke a membership. But threaten to? I can see it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    pdalowsky said:

If that letter was in Amsterdam then it is not real. Pj security guys have been helping with the list organisation at times and seriously if that stance was real you think they would ?

PJ security? Or venue security? It has been written on the boards before that people have actually convinced venue staff this is what the Ten Club wants(false). There is a difference.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Be great to get last 10 lists and compare first twenty folks. Pattern? Nah!!

And who fkn anointed the person that starts the list? When does it start? Are names of peeps added at that point being present or not?
    Of course not it's just in case line may need to be moved. Ha.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Be great to get last 10 lists and compare first twenty folks. Pattern? Nah!!

And who fkn anointed the person that starts the list? When does it start? Are names of peeps added at that point being present or not?
    Of course not it's just in case line may need to be moved. Ha.

That would be interesting to say the least.

And what the hell happens if two people both independently decide to start a list and have their lists and lines at separate doors? What if you're #8 on one list and #25 on another list? What the hell happens then?
  • Options
    Whether real or not I don't know but I do believe that revoke membership would be a possibility. 10C has always tried to be fair with the fans and we all know where the band and 10c stand on safety and respect for your fellow fans. This is part of the reason I don't put in for ga tix. I'm just happy to see the show. Sure it would be great to be front and center but I just like to know that I can enjoy the day and get to the show enjoying the band that has brought me much happiness through the years. I have met many great people because of the common interest of the band and the ga list brings too much tension to a situation that should be fun and enjoyable.

I'm with Speedy first 20 rows random draw.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    callen said:

True... not against a fake letter being handed out if it works.... But i kind of have issues with organizations being falsely represented in general. People thinking fake things are real kind of bugs me too, lol. Anyway, I hope the sudden rise in indignation about the list leads to people somehow putting a stop to it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    JimmyV said:

10c has a message board where people's posting privileges are regularly threatened for the most minor of offenses. I don't doubt for a second that 10c might threaten to revoke memberships.

I don't know if this letter is legit or not. I don't know if 10c actually would follow through and revoke a membership. But threaten to? I can see it.

Yeah, but 10c gives fair warning about the forum rules. They are always careful to have an official 10c rule to refer back to if they are kicking members out of the club. If they were going to threaten this they would have posted it officially I think. What their official post about the list DID say was that they weren't going to get into enforcement. Seriously doubt they'd reverse that decision in the form of a poorly written flyer, without any kind of distinguishing marks, handed out on a sidewalk somewhere.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    edited June 2014
    Letter is as real as the list is. You know who else had a list?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Santa

• Options
    edited June 2014
    CM189191 said:

Hop Sing

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LOjSEW09NxE
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 504
    edited June 2014

I do like the Bruce system though. That would probably be the most fair way and also allow everyone to enjoy the pre show atmosphere.

Again, there are two systems used by the Springsteen organization. The lottery, which began in 2003 and was used exclusively in the US (the 2002 portion of The Rising tour had fan run lists before they switched to the lottery), and the acceptance of the fan list, which has been used in Europe for over a decade. On the Wrecking Ball tour, in Italy for certain shows, they used to lottery over large protests by fans. That is the only time the lottery system has been used in Europe. Otherwise, every European Springsteen show has had this exact list, check-in system for years. That is clearly where the PJ fans got it from.

Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

Hop Sing

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LOjSEW09NxE
    before i clicked the link, i immediately thought of bonanza!

• Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    10C just emailed the exact same letter.Real.
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Maybe only sending to people attending shows?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    Perhaps. Still, step in the right direction.
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    timbo1972 said:

10C just emailed the exact same letter.Real.

i've been seeing this on facebook too. i'm glad 10c was proactive in this case.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Agreed
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If they sent it out, they should send it club wide. Not everyone is using 10c tickets.

Which they could have done. These emails always take awhile and I get mine later than most.
    Post edited by JimmyV on