10c / Pearl Jam should be ashamed for not being honest about Petty shows

Comments

• Vital73Vital73 Posts: 34
    Ok, so first of all I can't believe I just spent an hour reading this thread! However, I did not see a few points that maybe should be interjected here:

1. You are dealing with two large operations coming together for these shows. None of us on here know what goes on behind the scenes. Therefore it seems a bit presumptuous to assert that the band or 10c had any idea that the PJ set would be 80 some minutes. Maybe Petty's crew fucked the whole thing up beforehand and PJ didn't like the fact that their sound was not up to par. Maybe they were having tech problems and had to end early so they could fix them for Petty, i.e. the 1hr set change.

2. Maybe since a lot of PJ fans and Petty fans go to multiple shows they will switch the time around for night 2. Maybe tonight PJ plays 120min and Petty plays 85. Who knows.

3. Maybe there was some collab planned that couldn't go down due to the long set change.

Point is for all of you to come out and assert that this was a planned scam by the band and/or 10c is fucking embarassing. If you really think that then quit the club and go join Good Charlotte's f/c or Staind. But take your negative jumping to conclusions assertions somewhere else. We are all supposed to be fans of this band here. Personally I was planning on going to both of these shows but ended up that I couldn't get away from Seattle this week. I knew it would be shorter sets than usual for both acts, but I still wanted to go. I can totally appreciate being bummed about the set only being 85minutes, but to come out and call it a scam or false advertising is flat out wrong.

And to piggyback on another post, why pay the inflated price and leave after PJ? Tom Petty is an Icon and worth seeing. It's not going to give you the same effect up and down your spinal column but he still puts on a great show. At least stay and see his show. Shit, I would have stayed in anticipation of Ed coming out for just the one tune with him.

Anyway that's my .02 Let the bashing begin, or continue, or whatever......
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind
  • markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    Vital73 wrote:

i agree with you, nice post... just frustrated...

i dont think it's a big ploy to rob us, just turns out PJ is getting a short end fo the stick, so be it...
  • TexJamTexJam Posts: 31
    Set was tooo short...but should have expected it I guess.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • TexJamTexJam Posts: 31
    drolly wrote:
    Because it's easier for the apologists who didn't buy tickets to sit around and act like they were smarter because they "knew" this was going to happen. Of course those who didn't spend their money on this would be the ones defending the show. Strange that 99% of those who DID spend their money are the ones complaining they didn't get what was advertised, no?

Funny too how all these apologists can sit here and rip on "nitpicking", yet they keep referring to what a "full set" is and there is no deviation from that. Especially considering that both the word "set" and "sets" have been thrown around pretty liberally when 10c was selling the tickets. As in "both bands will be playing full sets." Not "a set", but "full setS".

I guess what it all comes down to is that I have seen how we've been treated by 10c in the past (great) and didn't expect everything that was advertised by the 10c to change. Was I a little apprehensive when I found out that everything I had been told before buying the tickets wasn't true and that I was in for a dissapointment? You bet. Did I hold out hope that I shouldn't be thinking that and everything would turn out alright? Well, last night that hope was dashed. So I guess I'm so sorry for giving all those involved in this scam more credit than they deserved. My bad.

Just compare the St. Paul set list to others....I am not saying people should feel cheated...hell you get Petty along with PJ....but IMO a typical PJ set list is a set list with encores.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Last time I checked, every "opening act" plays a shorter set than the "headliner"... Did PJ play a "full set" when they "opened" for the Stones?
    Nope... Just looked: 14 songs... (3 less than the Petty show)

I have looked high and low and saw no idication that this was a "co-headlining" show... Last BIG ACT Co-Headline shows I really know of were Metalica and GNR, and we all know how those ended up... And Hagar/DLR who switched up every night, but it was clearly defined prior...

These shows were clearly defined too... PJ opens for Petty.

I would have killed to see this show...

I'm going to see Petty in Hartford and the Allman Bros are "opening"... Great band, Hall of Famers I believe, or should be if not yet, and do I expect them to play their usual set... Nope...

Saw Petty last year with the Black Crowes... Did the Crowes play the same set as when they headline they're own gigs? Nope...

Why would anyone expect more than what PJ did last night??? 80/85/90 (whatever it was/by whoever's watch/phone) minutes is great for an "opening" act... And let's be clear, that's what they are doing, opening for Tom Petty.

Let's not be so petty (pardon the pun) and just enjoy the gifft of music as presented by these great acts...

Done venting...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    What is not true about that statement? Have you seen what those bands are charging for a seat up close...Stones $450, U2 $160, Bon Jovi $150.

U2 was 49.50
    applenut wrote:
    U2 was 49.50

$49.50 for the GA Floor... Not a seat... All lower bowl seats were $160
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2016 Fenway I
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I see how your mad, because of the cash amount u spent. But did anyone else read the boards were bootlegs for these shows were talked about by basecamp? They are lettting u purchase both petty shows for the price of one. Why? because it said that the shows would be shorter. Not being a dick and would be dissapointed myself,but i read it. And many others probably did 2.
    Go Birds!!!!
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    And let's be clear, that's what they are doing, opening for Tom Petty.

per 10c:

29 Jun Milwaukee Wisconsin Marcus Amphitheatre: Summerfest
    Co-headlining with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

I'll wait and see
    per 10c:

29 Jun Milwaukee Wisconsin Marcus Amphitheatre: Summerfest
    Co-headlining with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

I'll wait and see

The Summerfest shows might be different... Hope it meets your expectations...
    2016 Fenway I
    I see how your mad, because of the cash amount u spent. But did anyone else read the boards were bootlegs for these shows were talked about by basecamp? They are lettting u purchase both petty shows for the price of one. Why? because it said that the shows would be shorter. Not being a dick and would be dissapointed myself,but i read it. And many others probably did 2.

That was posted this past Friday, a bit late ...

and my point again, if the boots are 2 for 1 how about tix?
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    The Summerfest shows might be different... Hope it meets your expectations...

i am now prepared for the worst so i'll be fine...

i don't doubt pj is going to pack one hell of a setlist in... just wish it could be 4-5 songs longer.

in my opinion a 1 hour set change is rediculous and the culpret.... seems as if Pj and Petty hung out backstage and that's the gameplan
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    That was posted this past Friday, a bit late ...

and my point again, if the boots are 2 for 1 how about tix?
    if u read i said i agree with u, but also i remember that i read that post about boots. I put 2 and 2 together and it equalled 4.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    Vital73 wrote:
    Ok, so first of all I can't believe I just spent an hour reading this thread! However, I did not see a few points that maybe should be interjected here:

1. You are dealing with two large operations coming together for these shows. None of us on here know what goes on behind the scenes. Therefore it seems a bit presumptuous to assert that the band or 10c had any idea that the PJ set would be 80 some minutes. Maybe Petty's crew fucked the whole thing up beforehand and PJ didn't like the fact that their sound was not up to par. Maybe they were having tech problems and had to end early so they could fix them for Petty, i.e. the 1hr set change.

2. Maybe since a lot of PJ fans and Petty fans go to multiple shows they will switch the time around for night 2. Maybe tonight PJ plays 120min and Petty plays 85. Who knows.

3. Maybe there was some collab planned that couldn't go down due to the long set change.

Point is for all of you to come out and assert that this was a planned scam by the band and/or 10c is fucking embarassing. If you really think that then quit the club and go join Good Charlotte's f/c or Staind. But take your negative jumping to conclusions assertions somewhere else. We are all supposed to be fans of this band here. Personally I was planning on going to both of these shows but ended up that I couldn't get away from Seattle this week. I knew it would be shorter sets than usual for both acts, but I still wanted to go. I can totally appreciate being bummed about the set only being 85minutes, but to come out and call it a scam or false advertising is flat out wrong.

And to piggyback on another post, why pay the inflated price and leave after PJ? Tom Petty is an Icon and worth seeing. It's not going to give you the same effect up and down your spinal column but he still puts on a great show. At least stay and see his show. Shit, I would have stayed in anticipation of Ed coming out for just the one tune with him.

Great post......too many people here like to always assume the worst, and often make their assumptions without knowing all of the facts.

I wonder if the complainers here take the same tone when they voice other concerns/complaints......it may help you get an immediate fix on something, but it usually returns to bite ya in the long run.

people love to play the victim, especially when they were made aware of the fact that this wasn't a typical gig......take responsibility for your actions, and if you have unresonable expectations, be prepared for disappointments!
  • kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 284
    can some of you please answer me one question:
    why is it such a crime to disagree with some things pj are doing or to criticize some of their moves? being a fan does not mean to shut the fuck up when you disagree and say amen to everything. or do you think the pj-organisation is perfect? i think they are pretty good but still can improve, and the basis for this is constructive criticism.
    i understand the people who paid a lot of money to see pj and petty and then find out that pj is doing just a normal opening set. as i remember 10-c didn't say anything about pj being the opening band, it said co-headlining and it wasn't even sure who will play first. so my point is not pj opening for petty, that's more than ok for me. i just think 10-c is really bad in giving us propper information about things on time. and that was the case with a lot of things this year( tour-plan disaster, vinyl-release,...)
    kramerica4 wrote:
    can some of you please answer me one question:
    why is it such a crime to disagree with some things pj are doing or to criticize some of their moves? being a fan does not mean to shut the fuck up when you disagree and say amen to everything. or do you think the pj-organisation is perfect? i think they are pretty good but still can improve, and the basis for this is constructive criticism.
    i understand the people who paid a lot of money to see pj and petty and then find out that pj is doing just a normal opening set. as i remember 10-c didn't say anything about pj being the opening band, it said co-headlining and it wasn't even sure who will play first. so my point is not pj opening for petty, that's more than ok for me. i just think 10-c is really bad in giving us propper information about things on time. and that was the case with a lot of things this year( tour-plan disaster, vinyl-release,...)

Its great to disagree, but to do it without facts or rational thought shows that the person is only thinking about their own needs.
  • kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 284
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Its great to disagree, but to do it without facts or rational thought shows that the person is only thinking about their own needs.

but do we agree that the ten-club is having problems comunicating with the fanbase this year?
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    kramerica4 wrote:
    but do we agree that the ten-club is having problems comunicating with the fanbase this year?

they send me e-mail.......
    kramerica4 wrote:

Sure, there have been some issues, but many people here constantly whine about the lack of information, so perhaps the band releases premature information in order to shut people up.

I think it is best to judge the clubs performance as a whole.......would you complain about Germany's best football player if he had a few mishaps, even though he has led the team to glory many times in the past?

I have never had a problem with the ten club.....I patiently wait for announcements, and then I get my seats in the first few rows.

To me, it is foolish to dwell on the negative, especially of there is nothing you can do to change it. I feel bad for anyone who goes to a 80 minute show, yet can't enjoy themselves cuz they are preoccupied with the shortened set time.

Instead of obssessing about a bands' preceived imperfections, I would worry more about government imperfections!
    :)
    Were 10c tix made available when PJ opened for the Stones?

If so, then I didn't know, shame on me

If not, hmmmm
    Zod wrote:
    I'd be a bit bummed if was expecting a longer set, if I'd gone to the show i'd of expected 90 minutes, so 80 minutes would be just off the mark. It would feel damn short, because pearl jam plays some of the longest sets in rock n' roll.

I wonder if things were still being hammered out when the ten club released the original info, I don't recall reading anywhere that petty was opening for pearl jam. I remember groundwork 2001, with pearl jam being to respectful to close for REM in pearl jam's home town of seattle. So as a result REM, had to watch droves of people leave the arena (that had to hurt) :(

I was guessing pearl jam would end up opening (I don't really believe in a co-headlining tour, because everyone i've been too, someone still has to play first, and they usually don't get the luxury of an encore, and usually have a shorter set).

Personally I would of expected the 90 minutes and been a bit bummed at only 80, but I know alot of people aren't as lucky at me, and don't have that kind of concert/experience knowledge, so that would suck.

The thing that boggles my mind is how you could just leave for Petty, hes right there, its already paid for, why not give it a shot, I know i'm a bit of a petty fan, but say it was the stones (who i'm not much of a fan of), i'd still stay, see how they were live.

I remember the ten club saying pearl jam would do a full set (don't remember it saying full show), which i also still made me think 90 minutes).. my bullshitmeter went off, because I didn't there would be enough time. Even if a venue closes at midnight, that means it has to be vacant at midnight, which means a show has to end a fair bit earlier to disperse the crowd.

I don't think its ten clubs fault unless they knew in advance how short it would be, but I know when i see pj i just want more, so 80 minutes would still leave me starving for the jam.

People left before Petty so that they'd have more to whine about!

Why people wouldn't have given him a chance, I don't know!

People worry too much about the elitist/cool factor when making their decisions!
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I, for one, am pumped for Summerfest. If the length is the same, fine. I look at it as a historic day to see these two bands on the same bill. Hell, I'm turning it into one of the greatest days of my life by seeing the Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley's bleachers earlier in the day before the show.

How do you plan on getting from Wrigley to Summerfest with traffic? Game gets done about 4 if its a quick one. That gives you 3 1/2 hrs. to get to Milwaukee. If traffic is good it takes about 2 hrs. First off you'll hit rush hour in Chicago, then all the traffic from the 4th then Summerfest traffic (which will be bad due to all the shitty construction in Milwaukee).

Im not trying to be a buzz kill here but it's very ify that you will get to the show on time. I had tickets for the Cubs Brewers game on Thur. but sold them to go to Summerfest instead, because I don't want to miss a second of this show. Just my .02. Good luck and I hope you do make it on time.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 276

this was posted by basecamp only a mere 2 months AFTER tickets went onsale for these co-headling shows and in summerfest case AFTER the shows were completely sold out.

This is a 100% legitimate bitch!

Stop saying it is anything different.

I and others are not saying the 10c is bad or that they don't care or they suck... they are the best fanclub in the world...but they dropped the ball on this one.

If the situation recently changed then they should have made an announcement to the fact... if it was always PJ opening for Petty then they just flat out mis-advertised when tickets went onsale.

It is that simple.

My biggest fear is that PJ will get the opening band sound treatment. I have seen plenty of my favorite acts in opening roles and the sound is just never as good. It is almost like they hold some PA speakers and a few decibles for the main event. I hope this is not the case for these shows.
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Was the St Paul announcement like this one?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=180974?

#1 04-18-2006, 04:57 PM
    Rubysdad
    Animal Join Date: Aug 2003

Pearl Jam at Summerfest!

Another opportunity to see Pearl Jam co-headlining with Tom Petty and the
    Heartbreakers, has just been added to the US Tour. The shows will take place
    at Summerfest on June 29th and June 30th at the Marcus Amphitheater ... And
    Ten Club has tickets!

An exclusive Ten Club pre-sale for these shows only will start April 19th at
    10am PDT. You must be an active member as of April 4th to qualify for the
    pre-sale ticket opportunity. Pre-sale tickets are available while supplies
    last and we do not guarantee tickets for every eligible member. The pre-sale
    will end promptly on April 29th at 5pm PDT.

Tickets will be available online only at: http://www.tenclub.net/goods/.
    Ticket price, for a pair of reserved seats, will be $203.00 ... This
    includes a $6.00 admission fee into the fairgrounds. Remember, this is a
    co-headlining show with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, so both bands will
    play full sets. Pearl Jam is scheduled to play at 8pm both nights.

Please visit http://www.tenclub.net/tenclub/tickets.php for more information
    on purchasing tickets. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you read these details
    before purchasing tickets.

You will receive an order confirmation once your ticket order is
    successfully processed and an additional confirmation with details on how to
    collect your tickets once the pre-sale has ended.

Contact tickets@tenclub.net with questions related to tour and ticket
    information.

Thanks
    10c staff

--It says co-headlining; full sets by both bands; PJ is scheduled for 8 pm on both nights. I still can't understand how that's false advertising, it all seems pretty straight forward. SO forward that I didn't buy tickets through 10C.

I couldn't find any original info on the other cities, were they very different.?
  • applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    $49.50 for the GA Floor... Not a seat... All lower bowl seats were $160

Closest ticket in the house.

You are wrong.
  • pureoc wrote:
    How do you plan on getting from Wrigley to Summerfest with traffic?

Thanks for the question.... I had this planned a long time ago my friend. This is perfection at it's finest. 5:08 Amtrak from Chicago arrives at Milwaukee at 6:45.

So, leave game at 4. Cab to Union Station, board train and change clothes on train. At Milwaukee get off train, head to hotel in a cab, check in and drop bags, back to same cab that I keep waiting for me, off to Summerfest.

Some may call it genius... I call it JITL....

Just In Time Lifestyle - why be early when you can be on time.

Passed on Thursday's show as I did not have a hotel room and did not want to spend the extra on hotel/tickets/travel/etc. after a long day off work. Usually 2nd night shows seem to be better anyway.
    192xxx
    6/26+27/98, 10/8/00 (IB), 6/21/03, 9/3+4/11 (PJ20) - East Troy
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, 8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    10/5/04, 9/18/22 - St. Louis
    6/29/06, 10/20/14 - Milwaukee
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• applenut wrote:
    Closest ticket in the house.

You are wrong.

Please......this was a lucky opportunity that U2 specially provided for their shows. There are only a few of these seats available for each show. If you read my post....
    You are paying a lessor price to see them both that would be paid to see the Stones, Bon Jovi or U2 by themselves. I mean think about the current concert ticket price landscape!

I am speaking in general terms about ticket prices as a whole. I just named three bands off the top of my head that charge more for MOST of their seats then this show costs.

I'll research and name about 10 more if needed. Quoting a "special G/A" ticket price for U2 does not compare to the point I was making.

This show cost less then the current Aerosmith/Crue tour that just went on sale for equivalent seating. Are we going to now compare those two bands with PJ/Petty? Come on......
    192xxx
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, 8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• LifeWasted21LifeWasted21 Posts: 149
    hsewif wrote:
    Was the St Paul announcement like this one?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=180974?

#1 04-18-2006, 04:57 PM
    Rubysdad
    Animal Join Date: Aug 2003

Pearl Jam at Summerfest!

Another opportunity to see Pearl Jam co-headlining with Tom Petty and the
    Heartbreakers, has just been added to the US Tour. The shows will take place
    at Summerfest on June 29th and June 30th at the Marcus Amphitheater ... And
    Ten Club has tickets!

An exclusive Ten Club pre-sale for these shows only will start April 19th at
    10am PDT. You must be an active member as of April 4th to qualify for the
    pre-sale ticket opportunity. Pre-sale tickets are available while supplies
    last and we do not guarantee tickets for every eligible member. The pre-sale
    will end promptly on April 29th at 5pm PDT.

Tickets will be available online only at: http://www.tenclub.net/goods/.
    Ticket price, for a pair of reserved seats, will be $203.00 ... This
    includes a $6.00 admission fee into the fairgrounds. Remember, this is a
    co-headlining show with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, so both bands will
    play full sets. Pearl Jam is scheduled to play at 8pm both nights.

Please visit http://www.tenclub.net/tenclub/tickets.php for more information
    on purchasing tickets. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you read these details
    before purchasing tickets.

You will receive an order confirmation once your ticket order is
    successfully processed and an additional confirmation with details on how to
    collect your tickets once the pre-sale has ended.

Contact tickets@tenclub.net with questions related to tour and ticket
    information.

Thanks
    10c staff

--It says co-headlining; full sets by both bands; PJ is scheduled for 8 pm on both nights. I still can't understand how that's false advertising, it all seems pretty straight forward. SO forward that I didn't buy tickets through 10C.

I couldn't find any original info on the other cities, were they very different.?

its false advertising cause people are idiots and dont udnerstand what a set is in music. its exactly what pj has done both nights. 17 songs. Check all their other shows, the first set is about 17 songs. Then 2-3 ENCORES. they told you what you were getting, maybe 10c should just cater to the idiots?

:)
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    well, Phil Lesh and Friends w/Trey Anastasio its only 50 bucks for best seat in the house, 35 for the lawn. Yeah Yeah Yeahs w/ Sonic Youth is 35 bucks for all-GA show.

150 bucks for Aerosmith/Motley Crue, that is insane(ps- I dont think it will sell out at that price) Considering that same 150 will get you inside Lollapalooza for 3 days festival!

edit- are we still arguing on the definition of "full set"? My guess is when 10C wrote the release they assumed PJ would play their full 2 hr plus concert therefore "full set" wording. Somewhere along the line the plans changed and there we go we have some pissed off people. I dont think 10 C did anything intentionally to mislead people, though I understand how some people might feel misled... (btw- reading that release I think anyone in his right mind would assume they are getting full PJ concert, not Set 1 of PJ, so I guess that would make me an idiot too...)
  • GeorgeinNY wrote:
    well, Phil Lesh and Friends w/Trey Anastasio its only 50 bucks for best seat in the house, 35 for the lawn. Yeah Yeah Yeahs w/ Sonic Youth is 35 bucks for all-GA show.

150 bucks for Aerosmith/Motley Crue, that is insane(ps- I dont think it will sell out at that price) Considering that same 150 will get you inside Lollapalooza for 3 days festival!

I totally agree on Aerosmith/Crue. I also see your point on the Phil/Trey & Yeah's/Youth. But I consider those examples a bit different. Those bands do not sell out large arenas, ie are not icon bands.

What I was trying to make the point of was this....

I understand people are frustrated with the amount of "show" they are getting for their $, but other acts out there with "icon status" (the U2's, the Stones, the Jovi's, the Bab's, the Madonna's) are asking for ticket prices that are far more for equivalent seating. We should be thankful to see these two icon bands for about $50 each. Sure, the PJ set is only 17 songs but I pay $50-$60 to see Dylan sing 14 songs any chance I get.

You just never know when all you will have to rely on is the past with no chance of a future, ie. no more albums, no more tour or no more band.

Now, I paid my $203 to 10C for the Summerfest show. I know I will have great seats, which makes the price more worth it from the start. Will it truly be CO-HEADLINING as the tour page said/says on pearljam.com, I don't know. But I consider the price fair for two normal (non-encore) sets by two icon bands that also include all ticketbastard fees and admission to Summerfest. If it is a 7:30 to 11:30 show (1 hour break), I consider my $33.83/hour paid to see them BOTH a good deal and so will my buddy.

I do not consider U2 charging $160 a seat for just U2 a good deal as now I am paying $64/hour (nearly double), if their show is 2 1/2 hours, to see just them (that is if their opener is a non-icon so to speak).

Of course, if PJ/10C tried to charge that for just PJ for a show, I would honestly pass. I would try and get crappy cheap seats or just buy the boot.

I have been spoiled enough and seen them enough already that I can say "NO THANKS" if ticket prices get too high. For others, it is not as easy to put the proverbial PJ fork down.....
    192xxx
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington