10c / Pearl Jam should be ashamed for not being honest about Petty shows

Comments

• markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    Again why full ticket price for PJ when it's only 1/2 a show? Bootlegs are 2 for 1, why wasn't the ticket price?
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Again why full ticket price for PJ when it's only 1/2 a show? Bootlegs are 2 for 1, why wasn't the ticket price?

Because it's Tom's Party and he set the price?
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Do some of you even enjoy the shows you go to??? Or are you out there with your stop watch and note pad looking and writing down the set-list every show???? ENJOY THE SHOW!!!!!!!! Relax.......have some fun for christ sake. Don't be such a critic and watch and absorb the music. I promise you that you will have a much better time. It's PJ and it's all good........
  • hrd2imgn wrote:
    Not to mention our seast are watered down with petty fan club members too. So in essence we pay 2X, get 3/4 and sit 2X farther away. What does that equal??? 3 total hours of Pearl Jam for the price of 6. Oh wait we get a free cd or down load, or in otherwords nothing extra! WooHOO

BAD JOB Ten Club

Well DUH. I could have told you that's what you'd get 2 months ago when they announced it. In fact go search my old posts for proof.

Every "co-headlining" show anyone has ever put on has historically been 90 minutes each. 80 minutes, a few short, but anyone who expects close to 2 hours of PJ is dead wrong. The people I worry about is Denver, where the ten club tour site says "special shows with Tom Petty" instead of "coheadlining shows with Tom Petty" like the other 4. Good luck denver.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • sounds like the set change of an hour took a lot of valuable time, that is too bad.

They were done changing the set, the Heartbreakers were just backstage finishing their blunts. Same thing happened when I saw Petty back in '02. At least this time, he didn't leave the stage for 10 minutes with no announcement after less than an hour, which is what happened in 02. Apparently there were techincal problems (or they were just needing a blunt) and everyone left the stage for 10 minutes. People didn't know if it was over or time for an encore or what. Very unprofessional.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • LifeWasted21LifeWasted21 Posts: 149
    17 songs is a half a pj show? oh i didnt know they played 34 song sets on a regular basis.

youwere cut short 5-7 songs, calm down.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I couldn't agree more, some of the Jamily are "Little bitches". Then they bitch about staying through a set of the Rolling Stones!!!!! The fucking Stones they are bitching about!!!!!! Jesus!!!!! PJ is my favorite band but I am totally ready for some PJ and Petty!!!! Petty is one the best rockers of all time!!!! Along with my favorite band, what's the problem???? Yeah us pEaRl jAm fans have it real rough in life don't we. We have seen 5 shows this year and still aren't happy, suck it up you spoiled little ass clowns!!!!!!

The Stones look like a bunch of monitor lizards. Mick's voice was bad when it was at it's best. But usually sounds like one of those new air powered low water-usage toilets. They dance around like Michael Jackson. Their performances are like a circus. Everything is timed to lighting and effects. There is no passion. They are like a bunch of performing elephants. Same thing every time. 10zillion backup singers and misicians. A total Las Vegas act. Why don't they just do what Celine Dion, Elton John and Wayne Newton does. Hole-up in the MGM Grand for a couple of years straight. Did I mention ticket prices. What a bunch of wanks. Lemmings will follow anything.

Pearl Jam is maybe the only music inspired act left around. The rest is the equivalent to jury duty. Why should I have to sit through jury duty and for it, get a shorter Pearl Jam show? I don't HA HA HA HA HA. Because I'm going to see them in LA and fortunately enough, one of these bad ideas hasn't been cursed upon LA. But all of you others who don't mind whatever gets bestowed upon you, enjoy the reptile exhibit and the brief set of good music while you're waiting. See ya suckas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    Pearl Jam is maybe the only music inspired act left around.

Get out more.

Ignorance is bliss around here
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    you dudes are wrong to complain about the complainers, if its co-headlining I expect full concerts from both acts especially when the price on the ticket is double the normal price.

Also why do you say that because you have double headliners you have expect shorter sets? what about Phil Lesh and Friends and Trey concerts, band hits the stage at 6pm? what about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Sonic Youth? doors open 5, expected start time 6 PM? Looks like they are planning ahead to make sure both bands get full sets in, no?
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    you dudes are wrong to complain about the complainers, if its co-headlining I expect full concerts from both acts especially when the price on the ticket is double the normal price.

Also why do you say that because you have double headliners you have expect shorter sets? what about Phil Lesh and Friends and Trey concerts, band hits the stage at 6pm? what about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Sonic Youth? doors open 5, expected start time 6 PM? Looks like they are planning ahead to make sure both bands get full sets in, no?

Yea, and in this case they weren't.

Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. I think Phil Lesh and Trey are a little different than Pearl Jam and Tom Petty anyway, but that's a different topic.

You got full sets. Petty is the premier headliner, goes on 2nd, and gets the encore set. That's pretty much the difference.
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 276
    when the tickets went onsale I think I knew PJ was playing first but I really believed this was 2 full shows hence the $100 a ticket from the 10c.

PJ played 3 more songs than they did when they were "opening" for the stones. I really, really, really don't think this should have been advertised as a full PJ set.

Not the end of the world, but not the way it should have been advertised.

and for the sheep that love to come around and call people whiners... this is really the only real beef I think that is legitimate, people whining on how the 10c should patrol the merch booths and let everyone sit in the front row every show and this and that and this and that, all costs money and is not possible for 15 bucks....

but reporting the news and information on a set of shows is free and it doesn't cost any extra money to say that Pj would play a 75 minute set.
    GeorgeinNY wrote:

That's a good point but come on......if PJ was playing in your neck of the woods you would be kicking yourself in the ass if you did not go. Am I wrong?

There is also a difference between a set and a concert? A set is the original 17-20 songs then comes the encore.
    a8l wrote:
    when the tickets went onsale I think I knew PJ was playing first but I really believed this was 2 full shows hence the $100 a ticket from the 10c.

PJ played 3 more songs than they did when they were "opening" for the stones. I really, really, really don't think this should have been advertised as a full PJ set.

Not the end of the world, but not the way it should have been advertised.

and for the sheep that love to come around and call people whiners... this is really the only real beef I think that is legitimate, people whining on how the 10c should patrol the merch booths and let everyone sit in the front row every show and this and that and this and that, all costs money and is not possible for 15 bucks....

but reporting the news and information on a set of shows is free and it doesn't cost any extra money to say that Pj would play a 75 minute set.

3 songs longer than opening for the stones by 20 mins longer of playing.

It's very funny to see Pearl Jam fans so concerned with # of songs played. So shallow of arrogant fans.
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    how can you say you got a full set when PJ played 120-160 minute shows almost every night on this tour?
  • drollydrolly Posts: 41
    GeorgeinNY wrote:

Also why do you say that because you have double headliners you have expect shorter sets?

Because it's easier for the apologists who didn't buy tickets to sit around and act like they were smarter because they "knew" this was going to happen. Of course those who didn't spend their money on this would be the ones defending the show. Strange that 99% of those who DID spend their money are the ones complaining they didn't get what was advertised, no?

Funny too how all these apologists can sit here and rip on "nitpicking", yet they keep referring to what a "full set" is and there is no deviation from that. Especially considering that both the word "set" and "sets" have been thrown around pretty liberally when 10c was selling the tickets. As in "both bands will be playing full sets." Not "a set", but "full setS".

I guess what it all comes down to is that I have seen how we've been treated by 10c in the past (great) and didn't expect everything that was advertised by the 10c to change. Was I a little apprehensive when I found out that everything I had been told before buying the tickets wasn't true and that I was in for a dissapointment? You bet. Did I hold out hope that I shouldn't be thinking that and everything would turn out alright? Well, last night that hope was dashed. So I guess I'm so sorry for giving all those involved in this scam more credit than they deserved. My bad.
    I always finish what I sta
    applenut wrote:
    3 songs longer than opening for the stones by 20 mins longer of playing.

It's very funny to see Pearl Jam fans so concerned with # of songs played. So shallow of arrogant fans.

if they play 17 songs with no encore each night in cali all of you losers will be crying bloody murder.

PJ.com used the word FULL SETS.... what the heck did they mean by full sets?

Hell, they call the performance at bridge school a set. I don't know when the definition of a set became 17 songs.... I have seen headling bands play 10 song sets (the strokes come to mind). Again when does a set = 17 songs... if they played a nine song "set" last night would that have been acceptable? It would have been their set. Was storytellers or letterman a full set?

when you start throwing around the word full I think full show or at least close to it.

I really thought it would be a full show when the tenclub used the word full, now I wasn't expecting a State College or Soldier Field like Marathon but I wasn't expecting 75 minutes either.
    drolly wrote:
    Because it's easier for the apologists who didn't buy tickets to sit around and act like they were smarter because they "knew" this was going to happen. Of course those who didn't spend their money on this would be the ones defending the show. Strange that 99% of those who DID spend their money are the ones complaining they didn't get what was advertised, no?

Funny too how all these apologists can sit here and rip on "nitpicking", yet they keep referring to what a "full set" is and there is no deviation from that. Especially considering that both the word "set" and "sets" have been thrown around pretty liberally when 10c was selling the tickets. As in "both bands will be playing full sets." Not "a set", but "full setS".

I guess what it all comes down to is that I have seen how we've been treated by 10c in the past (great) and didn't expect everything that was advertised by the 10c to change. Was I a little apprehensive when I found out that everything I had been told before buying the tickets wasn't true and that I was in for a dissapointment? You bet. Did I hold out hope that I shouldn't be thinking that and everything would turn out alright? Well, last night that hope was dashed. So I guess I'm so sorry for giving all those involved in this scam more credit than they deserved. My bad.

I am going to the Summerfest show (2nd night) and I can't wait!!!!!! Bring on their miserable set/full-set/ 1/4 set/ 1/2 set, right set/ left set/ your set/ my set of 17 songs songs!!!! I am going to stand there with a smile on my face, rock pitch forks in the air raising my hands during "Life Wasted" Baby!!!!!!!
  • You are paying a lessor price to see them both that would be paid to see the Stones, Bon Jovi or U2 by themselves. I mean think about the current concert ticket price landscape!
    applenut wrote:
    That is not true.

What is not true about that statement? Have you seen what those bands are charging for a seat up close...Stones $450, U2 $160, Bon Jovi $150.

We are getting PJ & Petty for $101.50 out the door and up front. Sure it may be a bit higher, but so f--king what. I don't care. If you do, DON'T GO!

It would have been nice to pay like $80 to see both...probably would have been a bit more realistic. Might of been nice to have better information on these shows, but was not fully available at the time. You could have just bought cheap seats/lawn or just bought the damn boot.

Again, everyone is railing on ONE NIGHT! Just sit back, enjoy the show and be happy that they still tour. Be happy you have tickets. Be happy you were there.

Some people may be saying, "Damn, I wish I had the cash to go see those two music icons!" "Damn, I wish I could have gotten tickets to that show!" If you do and you are going, thank your lucky stars. Because once they quit touring and making music, you might have to get a life outside of Pearl Jam or you can bitch on here that they don't tour and they don't make music anymore.

Ungrateful = showing no gratitude

These are the type of fans all bands want for sure!
    192xxx
    6/26+27/98, 10/8/00 (IB), 6/21/03, 9/3+4/11 (PJ20) - East Troy
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, 8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    10/5/04, 9/18/22 - St. Louis
    6/29/06, 10/20/14 - Milwaukee
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

17 songs is a half a pj show? oh i didnt know they played 34 song sets on a regular basis.

youwere cut short 5-7 songs, calm down.

5-7 is the first encore, but yes 5-7 , actually 4-5 would make me happy with this mini petty tour

i have a solution for those in Mke who feel they need more, i'm going to snag our projector here at work and take it home, set it up in my yard out in brookfield (it's almost an acre) project a pj dvd of the 1st & 2nd encore on the garage in my yard and we can have our encores!!!!!!!
    Well DUH. I could have told you that's what you'd get 2 months ago when they announced it. In fact go search my old posts for proof.

Every "co-headlining" show anyone has ever put on has historically been 90 minutes each. 80 minutes, a few short, but anyone who expects close to 2 hours of PJ is dead wrong. The people I worry about is Denver, where the ten club tour site says "special shows with Tom Petty" instead of "coheadlining shows with Tom Petty" like the other 4. Good luck denver.

MN says "special" as well ONLY Summerfest is CO
    Do some of you even enjoy the shows you go to??? Or are you out there with your stop watch and note pad looking and writing down the set-list every show???? ENJOY THE SHOW!!!!!!!! Relax.......have some fun for christ sake. Don't be such a critic and watch and absorb the music. I promise you that you will have a much better time. It's PJ and it's all good........

I enjoy the shows , can't stand how many peole were using cell phones and pda's in Chicago, but I focused on the stage.

I am getting the complaining out of my system now so I don't feel like i got blue balls when the walk off after 80 min!
    applenut wrote:
    Get out more.

Ignorance is bliss around here

2nd that
  • LifeWasted21LifeWasted21 Posts: 149
    i just remembered why i left these boards.

geezes.

i got my fucking face rocked by pearl jam last night.

thats all that matters you selfish whiny babies:)
    drolly wrote:

i love your post, great points...

listen, i rarely post on here cause it's 99% bullcrap but this is a legit complaint.... i love the music and read all the other posts in this from me, debate me on my points.. .i'd love to....

i think i have jumped 2 levels from all the posts in this 1 thread!!!!
    i just remembered why i left these boards.

geezes.

i got my fucking face rocked by pearl jam last night.

thats all that matters you selfish whiny babies:)

You are right, they are spolied little babies.........don't make things so damn complicated. Ya know?
    You are right, they are spolied little babies.........don't make things so damn complicated. Ya know?

again NOT my argument... i bet you did get rocked last night by PJ , no shit!!!
    I just read in another thread that someone thought that the sound was louder for Petty than PJ... that is typical opener/main event BS, I always think PJs openers have much shittier sound (intentional???).
    a8l wrote:
    I just read in another thread that someone thought that the sound was louder for Petty than PJ... that is typical opener/main event BS, I always think PJs openers have much shittier sound (intentional???).

that is odd... interesting though...

on one hand maybe it took 1 hour to get all pj's stuff out of there...but if the sound was inferior? why? pj has all day to get it up...

also forget the encore argument, i'd like 1 set about 21 songs...encore wastes time....that'd be perfect.
  • npalmer100npalmer100 Posts: 13
    applenut wrote:
    You're all a bunch of fucking idiots. No one made you pay to go, no one promised you anything.

A full set is a full set of music. Not fucking encores, not 2 hour sets. It's as if you guys have no common sense.

The funniest part is that Eddie and the band must read this shit, if they do, and find you all to be pathetic. You're all the type of people the band hate.

You don't have to go to every show. The band doesn't have to meet your every desire every night they play. They don't have to play the songs you want to hear. They don't have to play for 3 hours. You don't have to go!

What a bunch of whining losers.

Number one, I seriously doubt the band has time to read this crap when they're on the road. Number two, I'd be willing to bet that they would far prefer fans who express their disappointment with the way things were handled in a reasonable, respectful way to those who only know how to express disagreement through hysteria-tinged personal insults.

Why don't you go see if Ann Coulter is looking for a co-author?
  • merlynmerlyn Posts: 179
    saw pj in london got a two n a half hr show plus 20min oncore n 25 quid a ticket cheap at half the price mate. sayin that saw aic in manchster uk for 8 quid. means that little more now though. r.i.p layne. x
    champagne for my real friends & i'm a real pain for my sham friends.. ;)