Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Juvenile yes.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    callen said:

Juvenile yes.

It's ok man cuz he loves God.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    $244,500.00 ???????? I'll just use my glove box or buy a gun rack for the rear window of my cowboy Cadillac LOL !!!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,437
    3 cheers for responsible ownership!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

$244,500.00 ???????? I'll just use my glove box or buy a gun rack for the rear window of my cowboy Cadillac LOL !!!!!!!

Godfather.

I prefer the overhead racks. They are not viewable from the outside so they do not advertise that a gun may be in the vehicle. Are also more accessible when out hunting!
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJPOWER said:

Godfather.

I prefer the overhead racks. They are not viewable from the outside so they do not advertise that a gun may be in the vehicle. Are also more accessible when out hunting!
    nice !

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,437
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    imagine as a teen getting shot in your sleep as rumours got by that you were only doing good and wasnt involved in treason but mercy only from wicked men,, by the schemers and the liars only to fly away and be abused left right and center because you were open to them so they can make you look like a culprit....
    this is what happens in places like africa
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mickeyrat said:
    This would now prevent all the headache and undue stress on cops after killing 14 year olds playing with toy guns in a park or tot lot.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    Mass shootings on the rise, according to FBI report
    Average of 16 such incidents per year over last 7 years

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mass-shootings-on-the-rise-according-to-fbi-report-1.2777199
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    Kansas shootings at workplace, other locations leave 4 dead

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kansas-shootings-1.3465020
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,489
    It seems like these happen every week ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

It seems like these happen every week ....

Nutjobs can only get so much satisfaction from paper targets. Eventually, a nutjob needs to spray bullets at living targets. Gawddamn people anyways, eh? Thank Gawd for guns- like... the really good and ultra-necessary urban killing guns... not the ones designed to take down a moose or deer or grouse.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    LINK

First of all, Salma Hayek has a ranch in Washington?

Second of all, some jackass thought it would be fun to shoot her dog. Hope they find the prick and let a live German Shepherd have his way without his fucking gun.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I was taught how to shoot a handgun when I was 9.

All this bill is saying is that children can "operate" a handgun whilst under adult supervision. They still can't carry one or own one. It's a very misleading article title...
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198

mickeyrat said:

All this bill is saying is that children can "operate" a handgun whilst under adult supervision. They still can't carry one or own one. It's a very misleading article title...
    And it's still stupid.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

A handgun at 9?? Geepers creepers that's incredibly irresponsible. 9 is an appropriate age for a BB gun, at 9 you could have killed yourself or someone else before anyone could even reach out to stop you.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 3,018
    I'd rather see young people learn gun safety from a parent and be taught to respect the seriousness inherent in them than try to learn on their own when the government determines that it's ok.

My dad taught me how to shoot a pistol when I was 10. It was a .22 with one round in it.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I'd rather see young people learn gun safety from a parent and be taught to respect the seriousness inherent in them than try to learn on their own when the government determines that it's ok.

My dad taught me how to shoot a pistol when I was 10. It was a .22 with one round in it.

I learned to shoot from a young age as well, but BB and pellet guns teach all the same lessons without a risk of death. 10 is better, but I don't think children should have access to deadly bullets until 12-14 yrs old.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

A handgun at 9?? Geepers creepers that's incredibly irresponsible. 9 is an appropriate age for a BB gun, at 9 you could have killed yourself or someone else before anyone could even reach out to stop you.
    You'll probably scoff at me shooting an AR-15 at that age then too?

I was taught how to handle/use a gun with the supervision of 5 adults. Two of them police officers. It's not like they handed me a gun and a pat on the back and said have at it, lol. I had adults showing me how to handle, point and shoot in a safe manner. I was taught to respect the firearms and to NEVER touch one unless an adult was around.
  • Options
    The people arguing that 7 year olds can learn how to responsibly handle handguns because they did so from really wise adults are making the broad assumption that all other adults and 7 year olds are just like they were.

Every day, many times, we are reminded that this isn't the case.
  • Options

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

You'll probably scoff at me shooting an AR-15 at that age then too?

I was taught how to handle/use a gun with the supervision of 5 adults. Two of them police officers. It's not like they handed me a gun and a pat on the back and said have at it, lol. I had adults showing me how to handle, point and shoot in a safe manner. I was taught to respect the firearms and to NEVER touch one unless an adult was around.
    Yeah, I know all that, same here. It doesn't change the fact that at 9 you could have shot someone for a number of reasons related to being a child. If they had their arms around you and hands on the gun with you, then I would consider that safe and reasonable.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198

The people arguing that 7 year olds can learn how to responsibly handle handguns because they did so from really wise adults are making the broad assumption that all other adults and 7 year olds are just like they were.

It's like people saying they don't need to wear seatbelts because they never did and are ok.....

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

I agree with you 100%. There are some adults I wouldn't trust with a handgun...
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    edited February 2016
    I was taught how to roll a joint and smoke it while driving at age 9. Settle down there were 4 other adults in the car.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,489
    Smellyman said:

I was taught how to roll a joint and smoke it while driving at age 9. Settle down there were 4 other adults in the car.

Everybody is different when my son was 9 I was playing sports with him never ever talked about guns his 22 and in college now , glad we never needed weapons to bond and the most important aspect of it his alive ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    I was taught to shoot a shotgun around age 8 and got my hunting liscense at age 10. I think shooting a shotgun at age 8/9 is a heck of a lot harder than a handgun.
    I think I started shooting a BB gun around age six and a .22 maybe around 7/8.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I was taught to shoot a shotgun around age 8 and got my hunting liscense at age 10. I think shooting a shotgun at age 8/9 is a heck of a lot harder than a handgun.

I was on a similar timeline. My father never let me handle his handgun as much as I pleaded. I can't remember what his reasons were, but I'm pretty sure they were safety related.

I think a handgun is quite different than a shotgun- the potential for mishandling is much greater in my opinion.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058

mcgruff10 said:

I was on a similar timeline. My father never let me handle his handgun as much as I pleaded. I can't remember what his reasons were, but I'm pretty sure they were safety related.

I think a handgun is quite different than a shotgun- the potential for mishandling is much greater in my opinion.
    yeah you are probably right. I was just thinking about the "kick" of a shotgun compared to a handgun.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Yeah, a handgun is much more easily pointed in the wrong direction.
This discussion has been closed.