Comments

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    stock up.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764

PJ_Soul said:

Of course it's not.

The only reason it (white cop vs black people) occurs to people is because it seems to keep happening. People simply respond to repetition and patterns.

Very true but white people are shot by white and black cops but no headlines about that or a black cop shooting a black person either. It's not news worthy because race isn't involved and it's not a hot button.

Just something I've noticed and was wondering others' opinions.
    Is there an obvious pattern of white people being wrongfully shot by cops?? If there is, I'm not aware of it. If there were, I would imagine it would a part of discussion (i.e., cops are running around wrongfully shooting citizens, rather than cops wrongfully shooting black citizens).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,463
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Of course it's not.

The only reason it (white cop vs black people) occurs to people is because it seems to keep happening. People simply respond to repetition and patterns.

Very true but white people are shot by white and black cops but no headlines about that or a black cop shooting a black person either. It's not news worthy because race isn't involved and it's not a hot button.

Is there an obvious pattern of white people being wrongfully shot by cops?? If there is, I'm not aware of it. If there were, I would imagine it would a part of discussion (i.e., cops are running around wrongfully shooting citizens, rather than cops wrongfully shooting black citizens).
    Just google the term "cop wrongfully shoot white" and there are a bunch of stories. I've never even heard a one of them. So we both aren't aware of it.
    I'm guessing the Zimmerman story got so much press because the media didn't know he was part Spanish judging by his name.

Again it's something that I've noticed. It seems to be a beacon when it's white on black but hardly a mention if it's vice versa.

I know we are veering off topic here. Should we move this somewhere else?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dudeman said:
    This was great. It was all over the news here locally. Glad the ax wielding maniac isn't stealing any more oxygen.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited March 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Of course it's not.

Just google the term "cop wrongfully shoot white" and there are a bunch of stories. I've never even heard a one of them. So we both aren't aware of it.
    I'm guessing the Zimmerman story got so much press because the media didn't know he was part Spanish judging by his name.

Again it's something that I've noticed. It seems to be a beacon when it's white on black but hardly a mention if it's vice versa.

But if you look at the numbers in terms of racial demographics, cops kill unarmed black men (or armed, for that matter) at a very disproportionate rate.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Of course it's not.

But if you look at the numbers in terms of racial demographics, cops kill unarmed black men (or armed, for that matter) at a very disproportionate rate.
    I thought that there were way more white homicides than black? I thought that's what the demographics were?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Of course it's not.

I thought that there were way more white homicides than black? I thought that's what the demographics were?
    Not if you look at the numbers in proportion to population.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Of course it's not.

so if you place a multiplier on the numbers there are more wrongful black people being shot than wrongful whites being shot?
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Of course it's not.

so if you place a multiplier on the numbers there are more wrongful black people being shot than wrongful whites being shot?
    As simply as possible, if there are 85 white men and 15 black men, then you'd think that about 85% of wrongful cop killings would be of white men, and 15% of them would be of black men, give or take. But that is not the case. The percentage of black men being wrongfully killed is much higher than 15%, and for white men much lower than 85%. Disproportionate. That is meaningful.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,419
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Of course it's not.

As simply as possible, if there are 85 white men and 15 black men, then you'd think that about 85% of wrongful cop killings would be of white men, and 15% of them would be of black men, give or take. But that is not the case. The percentage of black men being wrongfully killed is much higher than 15%, and for white men much lower than 85%. Disproportionate. That is meaningful.
    Not sure your facts are correct. Yes this article is infowars which a pretty f'd news site and Alex jones is a confirmed wingnut, but the numbers are all referenceable

http://www.infowars.com/black-crime-facts-that-the-white-liberal-media-darent-talk-about/
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 3,018
    mickeyrat said:
    There are some pretty shocking videos on YouTube of people doing stupid shit with Tannerite. This guy lost his leg, he's lucky to still be alive.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    dudeman said:

mickeyrat said:
    There are some pretty shocking videos on YouTube of people doing stupid shit with Tannerite. This guy lost his leg, he's lucky to still be alive.
    I'm surprised Tannerite is still legal and easily available. The "gun rights" argument is one thing, explosives is on a whole different level.
  • Options
    ^^^
    What a dumbass.
    Shooting at something that you know will explode. For fun?
    It belongs on the idiot thread.

• Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504

^^^
    What a dumbass.
    Shooting at something that you know will explode. For fun?
    It belongs on the idiot thread.

Im not going to go so far as to judge what people like to do for fun, so long as it is legal and doesnt adversely affect anyone. Some people can look at the 4th of July and see people spending hundreds of dollars on fireworks just to light em up and have them explode in colors and say that is stupid. Im not a Tannerite expert, but I would guess it was designed to be used alone so that it just produces an explosion. To add a foreign object which can cause shrapnel to go flying everywhere, I would think is not what it was meant for. Same thing with fireworks, you follow the instruction, light it up, walk away and watch the boom and colors, not pile up some rusty metal on top then light it off.
  • Options
    People lose fingers, limbs and life doing stupid shit with fireworks, gasoline, and all kinds of other things. It's nothing new.

Banning things is rarely effective in protecting people from themselves. What needs to happen is that people need to be taught about the dangers of the world, to respect potentially hazardous activities and substances and to abandon the "Nobody told me I could get hurt" line of reasoning in a courtroom while suing manufacturers of dangerous products for millions of dollars.
  • Options
    What people do for fun? It's all cool?

F**k man. Sure. It's all cool except for when the idiot shoots the lawnmower in his backyard and the shrapnel kills the neighbor kid peering at the scene from what they think is safety.

People are stupid. This is why we have banned substances, illegal items, laws and limits. Say what you want, but until the day comes where we all walk around like egg heads wearing white robes and sandals spouting philosophy... we don't need to have some things accessible.

I'm very alert on the road and capable of driving much faster than the posted limit; however, the f**king doughheads I see driving beside me sometimes make me appreciate and adhere to the limits.

I see what they're doing there.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited March 2016

F**k man. Sure. It's all cool except for when the idiot shoots the lawnmower in his backyard and the shrapnel kills the neighbor kid peering at the scene from what they think is safety.

People are stupid. This is why we have banned substances, illegal items, laws and limits. Say what you want, but until the day comes where we all walk around like egg heads wearing white robes and sandals spouting philosophy... we don't need to have some things accessible.

I'm very alert on the road and capable of driving much faster than the posted limit; however, the f**king doughheads I see driving beside me sometimes make me appreciate and adhere to the limits.

Posting while on vacation should be illegal. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    mcgruff10 said:

He loves us and can't do without.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

callen said:

mcgruff10 said:

You guys are number one in my down time!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

callen said:

mcgruff10 said:

You guys are number one in my down time!
    Go get yourself a drink called a tropical itch I believe. You actually get a back scratcher with it. Two of those and you ll be three sheets to the wind.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited April 2016
    Meh, video link didn't really work, never mind!
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • Options
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    awesome
  • Options
    your using an msnbc piece? lmao
    that is a rothschilds station and those banksters have been after America's guns since ol Hickory shut down the second Bank of the United states (rothchilds owned, just like the federal reserve is today)
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    rssesq said:

your using an msnbc piece? lmao
    that is a rothschilds station and those banksters have been after America's guns since ol Hickory shut down the second Bank of the United states (rothchilds owned, just like the federal reserve is today)

You need to get off the "medical"
  • Options
    the sheep go bahhhhhhhhh! lol
    medicinal
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    rssesq said:

medicinal

Really counselor?
    That's all you got?
    C'mon you can do better then that

By the way, where I live it's referred to as "medical" not medicinal
  • Options
    Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves.
    Andrew Jackson

they are trying to get him off the twenty dollar bill as we speak (central banksters)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,419
    rssesq said:

medicinal

in ohio? not.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.