America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited February 2016
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Do you think that private ownership of firearms should be made illegal?

I know you're not asking me directly, but FWIW, I don't think a single person has ever said that in any gun thread on the AMT.
    I will be the one who says yes
    Oh, okay. What about farmers and hunters? Olympic shooters? Women being actively stalked?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I know you're not asking me directly, but FWIW, I don't think a single person has ever said that in any gun thread on the AMT.
    Oh, okay. What about farmers and hunters? Olympic shooters? Women being actively stalked?
    Farmers. No. If there really is an animal killing their livelihood get Wildlife dept out there. Olympic shooters...who gives a crap.

Woman actively stalked? tasers/pepper spray. So eveybody who thinks they are in danger or actively stalked should have one?.... but that is back to square one. Actually maybe you are on to something. Only women should have guns. Be a helluva lot less testosterone induced shootings and dipshit men can slowly weeded out.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Farmers. No. If there really is an animal killing their livelihood get Wildlife dept out there. Olympic shooters...who gives a crap.

Woman actively stalked? tasers/pepper spray. So eveybody who thinks they are in danger or actively stalked should have one?.... but that is back to square one. Actually maybe you are on to something. Only women should have guns. Be a helluva lot less testosterone induced shootings and dipshit men can slowly weeded out.
    I didn't post that as my own opinion. I was just asking and listing random examples, but lmao, yeah, maybe a law where only women can own guns would solve a lot of problems! :lol:
    FWIW, now that I'm really thinking about it, I do think that one off situations could justify owning a gun for protection. If someone (male, female, and family) are being directly, specifically threatened, that seems like an okay reason to keep a gun for protection under a special circumstance.
    As for farmers... they do kill their livestock and shit. I really think many farmers reasonably need a gun.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I didn't post that as my own opinion. I was just asking and listing random examples, but lmao, yeah, maybe a law where only women can own guns would solve a lot of problems! :lol:
    FWIW, now that I'm really thinking about it, I do think that one off situations could justify owning a gun for protection. If someone (male, female, and family) are being directly, specifically threatened, that seems like an okay reason to keep a gun for protection under a special circumstance.
    As for farmers... they do kill their livestock and shit. I really think many farmers reasonably need a gun.

There are a lot of ways to keep predators away from livestock including dogs. Many ranchers love shooting anything that moves or coyotes that come to close.

Me. I like natural wildlife. We kill and drive out the natural prey so our next big mac can sometimes become a mountain lions next t-bone
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

There are a lot of ways to keep predators away from livestock including dogs. Many ranchers love shooting anything that moves or coyotes that come to close.

Me. I like natural wildlife. We kill and drive out the natural prey so our next big mac can sometimes become a mountain lions next t-bone
    I prefer to hunt and butcher my own meat rather than get it from Wal Mart...will be cooking venison fajitas tonight and just got done snacking on antelope jerky actually :)
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I prefer to hunt and butcher my own meat rather than get it from Wal Mart...will be cooking venison fajitas tonight and just got done snacking on antelope jerky actually :)
    and I prefer being vegetarian. :)
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

and I prefer being vegetarian. :)
    Yeah, I could never do that. Ribeyes are too tasty, but mad props!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

I've been getting a prime, bone-in ribeye from WF for my Sunday dinner for the last month.
    DEFUKINKLISH.

Cast iron, stove top, smoke everywhere, and to die for

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,986
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard at least a couple people say that on AMT. Maybe Josevolution and Speedy McCready? (I apologize if I got that wrong.) Smellyman, too.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I think you mean Pronghorn lol
    Antelope live in Africa!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard at least a couple people say that on AMT. Maybe Josevolution and Speedy McCready? (I apologize if I got that wrong.) Smellyman, too.
    I haven't seen anyone suggest that in this thread.

We need stricter gun laws, registration and licensing....period. That isn't making private ownership illegal it is making it "well regulated" just like the 2nd amendment says.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,914

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

We need stricter gun laws, registration and licensing....period. That isn't making private ownership illegal it is making it "well regulated" just like the 2nd amendment says.
    Define "well regulated" in 2016.

Now find the definition from 1780's.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    mickeyrat said:

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Define "well regulated" in 2016.

Now find the definition from 1780's.
    Define "Arms"...now vs then
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

On AMT, not necessarily in this thread.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!
    Technically you are correct, although anyone that I know that hunts them use both names regularly. Some people call them American antelope. Either way, they make for some good Chorizo:)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,921
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!
    it means the same thing here in the u.s. for example:

Wyoming Prong Horn Antelope Hunts
    Antelope Area's:
    We hunt a 15,000 deeded acre ranch in northeastern Wyoming, which is literally overrun with trophy class antelope. We kill 15-16” bucks that is an everyday occurrence. We only hunt 12 antelope on this ranch per year. We consider this a very good hunt especially for those wanting to get started in hunting.

other examples: I fish for striper here in new jersey but they catch the same fish in maryland and call it a rockfish. I catch fluke in nj and they call it flounder down south.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,567
    Guns don't kill people

3 yr olds do.....

Police: 9-Year-Old Girl Fatally Shot by 3-Year-Old Brother
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-year-girl-shot-head-year-brother-36762000
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!

Antelope Area's:
    We hunt a 15,000 deeded acre ranch in northeastern Wyoming, which is literally overrun with trophy class antelope. We kill 15-16” bucks that is an everyday occurrence. We only hunt 12 antelope on this ranch per year. We consider this a very good hunt especially for those wanting to get started in hunting.

other examples: I fish for striper here in new jersey but they catch the same fish in maryland and call it a rockfish. I catch fluke in nj and they call it flounder down south.
    Sweet! What a fine trophy!
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!

Antelope Area's:

Why are you so against hunting?
  • Options

Guns don't kill people

3 yr olds do.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-year-girl-shot-head-year-brother-36762000

Where the hell were the parents?
  • Options
    dudeman said:

Guns don't kill people

3 yr olds do.....

Somewhere being law abiding citizens
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!

Antelope Area's:

I drove across Wyoming in September and there were hundreds of them off the highway in a 100 mile stretch, I had never seen any in Colorado that were that big and horned.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!

Antelope Area's:

Killing something for a 'trophy' is beyond appalling to me.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!

Antelope Area's:

Don't believe mcgruff ever said he hunted for a trophy. Hunting is a way to legally control the population of a specific animal as well as provide food from the hunt. I also know of several hunters who donate the harvested meat to help feed the less fortunate. The word "trophy" was used as an adjective to describe the quality of antelope on that specific ranch.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!

Antelope Area's:

15000 acre range and they kill 12 total. Some might be trophies.
    Very very few hunters Don t eat their kill so even if they do shoot and kill a trophy it s not wasted.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Antelope live in Africa!

Antelope Area's:

15000 acre range and they kill 12 total. Some might be trophies.
    Very very few hunters Don t eat their kill so even if they do shoot and kill a trophy it s not wasted.
    good on you.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

dudeman said:

Guns don't kill people

3 yr olds do.....

Somewhere being law abiding citizens
    Somewhere being irresponsible assholes.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

M'Kay...... well you know the idea of making gun owner totally illegal is a completely unworkable and impossible idea, right? Not least because it would create a terrible crime war, just like prohibition of anything always does?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

M'Kay...... well you know the idea of making gun owner totally illegal is a completely unworkable and impossible idea, right? Not least because it would create a terrible crime war, just like prohibition of anything always does?
    Except in places it has worked like Australia.
This discussion has been closed.