America's Gun Violence

Comments

• dudeman said:

Jesus Christ........

What?

You don't think some of these idiots we read about haven't participated in discussions centered on gun control? You don't think they haven't trotted out the company line, "Don't punish good gun owners for the actions of bad gun owners"... until they became a 'bad gun owner' themselves?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dudeman said:

I read about this story on a gun forum earlier. You know what's interesting? They were all saying the same things as the posters here.

dudeman said:

Jesus Christ........

Please elaborate for us, I'd like to know what you are thinking.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    dudeman said:

I read about this story on a gun forum earlier. You know what's interesting? They were all saying the same things as the posters here.

dudeman said:

Jesus Christ........

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    edited January 2016
    dudeman said:

Specific to this incident? Or somewhat more generally?

Beginning from stand point of where we are in agreement is better than opposition isnt it?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • think about it.

the gun store should theoretically be the safest place on earth. nobody goes there except people who are proficient with the basics of how to safely use a gun.

or does this prove my point that there should be basic gun control steps taken?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

think about it.

the gun store should theoretically be the safest place on earth. nobody goes there except people who are proficient with the basics of how to safely use a gun.

and the company line....more people that are carrying, the safer it will be.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,051

dudeman said:

Jesus Christ........

What?

You don't think some of these idiots we read about haven't participated in discussions centered on gun control? You don't think they haven't trotted out the company line, "Don't punish good gun owners for the actions of bad gun owners"... until they became a 'bad gun owner' themselves?
    You're implying that it's inevitable that all gun owners are going to kill someone. That's pretty nearsighted and ridiculous.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    I'll get back to this later. Now......it's time for love.
  • dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Jesus Christ........

What?

You're implying that it's inevitable that all gun owners are going to kill someone. That's pretty nearsighted and ridiculous.
    No.

Some.
    Fuck your guns, shove them up your ass and pull the trigger. You are too fucking stupid to have kids, and damn sure not responsible for a deadl weapon. I hope you fry and rot in hell. ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH.

THIS ISNT AN ACCIDENT!!!!!!!! ITS AN EVENTUALITY.

http://wkrn.com/2016/01/25/police-child-accidentally-shot-by-another-child-in-crossville-parking-lot/
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited January 2016
    So I'm going to go fire some guns at a range in a couple of weeks. I figure I should know what it's like if I'm going to debate against being a gun nut. I am not into it - i feel no curiosity about what it is like to use a deadly weapon at all to be honest - but a friend convinced me I ought to try it if I feel strongly about the subject and want to speak against gun culture. I dunno... it'll be weird and TBH i feel a little guilty fornsome reason. Like I'm helping to propagate the culture. Strange. But it'll be educational, definitely. Know thine enemy, so to speak.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    PJ_Soul said:

So I'm going to go fire some guns at a range in a couple of weeks. I figure I should know what it's like if I'm going to debate against being a gun nut. I am not into it - i feel no curiosity about what it is like to use a deadly weapon at all to be honest - but a friend convinced me I ought to try it if I feel strongly about the subject and want to speak against gun culture. I dunno... it'll be weird and TBH i feel a little guilty fornsome reason. Like I'm helping to propagate the culture. Strange. But it'll be educational, definitely. Know thine enemy, so to speak.

It's like republicans caught in gay affairs. They are also just knowing the enemy.
    PJ_Soul said:

It's nothing special. People who love it are nuts. They have to be having Rambo fantasies or something, otherwise I don't see what the big deal is at all. I grew up shooting (Boy Scouts and with family) and it is so overrated it isn't funny.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    PJ_Soul said:

Don't be surprised if you really enjoy yourself. I have taken many people shooting for their first time before and now they have 10x more guns than me. If you want to take it seriously and are looking to shoot well, try to relax and control your breathing. Its hard because you will be amped up, trust me on that one. Match up your back sights w/ your front sight and don't jump on the trigger. Pull the trigger with a smooth consistent trigger pull.
    Now of course none of that crap matters if you get yourself into a gun fight….
  • mickeyrat said:

Fuck your guns, shove them up your ass and pull the trigger. You are too fucking stupid to have kids, and damn sure not responsible for a deadl weapon. I hope you fry and rot in hell. ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH.

http://wkrn.com/2016/01/25/police-child-accidentally-shot-by-another-child-in-crossville-parking-lot/

I wonder how many times had one of these two idiots argued against gun control citing responsible ownership to make their case?

It's always someone else. Until it's not.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Gun store incident demonstrates many gun owners mentality.

"Come and Take it"

"Don't tread on Me".

"I Don't call 911 call smith and Wesson".

As to shooting guns, yeah gives many sense of empowerment. Instant gun muscles. Unfortunately it's these exact folks that shouldn't have guns. Oh well the foolishness will continue.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    rgambs said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Jesus Christ........

They were saying how ridiculous it was to kill someone over money.......especially such a small amount. Too many people who shouldn't own guns do. There should be more education and training mandates for new gun owners.

Things along that line.
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's like republicans caught in gay affairs. They are also just knowing the enemy.
    I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, lol. Sounds like you are saying perhaps I'm in the closet about being a gun nut, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mickeyrat said:

dudeman said:

Beginning from stand point of where we are in agreement is better than opposition isnt it?
    Both. A lot of gun owners agree with much of what is greenly the outcome of our discussions about guns on AMT.

Changes should be made. Too many people who shouldn't have guns do.

think about it.

If you cared enough to research, (I don't) I'm sure you would find that shootings at gun stores are incredibly rare.
    Smellyman said:

think about it.

and the company line....more people that are carrying, the safer it will be.
    Legal concealed carry is entirely different than gun ownership. People who legally carry concealed pistols are among the most law-abiding citizens in this country. More so than law enforcement officers, actually.
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

Don't be surprised if you really enjoy yourself. I have taken many people shooting for their first time before and now they have 10x more guns than me. If you want to take it seriously and are looking to shoot well, try to relax and control your breathing. Its hard because you will be amped up, trust me on that one. Match up your back sights w/ your front sight and don't jump on the trigger. Pull the trigger with a smooth consistent trigger pull.
    Now of course none of that crap matters if you get yourself into a gun fight….
    I will be very surprised if I enjoy myself. I don't like loud banging noises, abrupt physical sensations, or being around deadly weapons or in a building filled with people who do enjoy deadly weapons, lol. But even if I do enjoy myself, I am against the principle behind recreational gun use, fun or not, so I'm definitely not going to be making a habit of it either way. ;) But thank you for the tips, since nothing is worth doing unless you're going to try and do it right. If I'm going to try it, I obviously want to hit the target, and while I won't be amped up, I will be nervous and uncomfortable, so basically the same thing physically.
    mickeyrat said:

This is a disgusting story and a perfect example of parents who should be locked up or worse.
    dudeman said:

mickeyrat said:

dudeman said:

Both. A lot of gun owners agree with much of what is greenly the outcome of our discussions about guns on AMT.

Changes should be made. Too many people who shouldn't have guns do.
    Well that IS heartening. It will take more voices from that "side" of this to speak often and loudly. And perhaps force the chief advocate to modify its position somewhat, because to be honest it really seems as if the NRA no longer represent its membership but rather the manufacturers. In the end its the manufacturers that are benefiting from this debate.

PJ_Soul said:

If you look at gun owners as "thine enemy" why even bother going? Gun ownership is a personal decision and if shooting makes you feel uneasy or guilty, don't do it. It's certainly not for everyone.
    dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

If you look at gun owners as "thine enemy" why even bother going? Gun ownership is a personal decision and if shooting makes you feel uneasy or guilty, don't do it. It's certainly not for everyone.
    But its better to learn first hand what some of the appeal may be to form a more knowledgable opinion , isnt it?

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Did you miss the "so to speak" part in my post? It was a figurative comment. I.e. if one is going to debate something they should know everything they reasonably can about the subject. What you are saying is, to me, the equivalent of burying your head in the sand if you don't like something. I am not that kind of person.
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's nothing special. People who love it are nuts. They have to be having Rambo fantasies or something, otherwise I don't see what the big deal is at all. I grew up shooting (Boy Scouts and with family) and it is so overrated it isn't funny.
    This doesn't reflect my experiences at all. I don't have "Rambo fantasies" and I don't shoot for fun. I go to the range to develop and maintain proficiency with a tool that may one day be needed in an emergency. That's it.

mickeyrat said:

I wonder how many times had one of these two idiots argued against gun control citing responsible ownership to make their case?

It's always someone else. Until it's not.
    You'd have to ask one of the two idiots.
This discussion has been closed.