PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Do you think that private ownership of firearms should be made illegal?

I know you're not asking me directly, but FWIW, I don't think a single person has ever said that in any gun thread on the AMT.
    I will be the one who says yes
    Oh, okay. What about farmers and hunters? Olympic shooters? Women being actively stalked?
    Farmers. No. If there really is an animal killing their livelihood get Wildlife dept out there. Olympic shooters...who gives a crap.

Woman actively stalked? tasers/pepper spray. So eveybody who thinks they are in danger or actively stalked should have one?.... but that is back to square one. Actually maybe you are on to something. Only women should have guns. Be a helluva lot less testosterone induced shootings and dipshit men can slowly weeded out.
    I didn't post that as my own opinion. I was just asking and listing random examples, but lmao, yeah, maybe a law where only women can own guns would solve a lot of problems! :lol:
    FWIW, now that I'm really thinking about it, I do think that one off situations could justify owning a gun for protection. If someone (male, female, and family) are being directly, specifically threatened, that seems like an okay reason to keep a gun for protection under a special circumstance.
    As for farmers... they do kill their livestock and shit. I really think many farmers reasonably need a gun.

There are a lot of ways to keep predators away from livestock including dogs. Many ranchers love shooting anything that moves or coyotes that come to close.

Me. I like natural wildlife. We kill and drive out the natural prey so our next big mac can sometimes become a mountain lions next t-bone
    M'Kay...... well you know the idea of making gun owner totally illegal is a completely unworkable and impossible idea, right? Not least because it would create a terrible crime war, just like prohibition of anything always does?
    Except in places it has worked like Australia.
    Guns aren't illegal in Australia.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I know you're not asking me directly, but FWIW, I don't think a single person has ever said that in any gun thread on the AMT.
    Oh, okay. What about farmers and hunters? Olympic shooters? Women being actively stalked?
    Farmers. No. If there really is an animal killing their livelihood get Wildlife dept out there. Olympic shooters...who gives a crap.

Woman actively stalked? tasers/pepper spray. So eveybody who thinks they are in danger or actively stalked should have one?.... but that is back to square one. Actually maybe you are on to something. Only women should have guns. Be a helluva lot less testosterone induced shootings and dipshit men can slowly weeded out.
    I didn't post that as my own opinion. I was just asking and listing random examples, but lmao, yeah, maybe a law where only women can own guns would solve a lot of problems! :lol:
    FWIW, now that I'm really thinking about it, I do think that one off situations could justify owning a gun for protection. If someone (male, female, and family) are being directly, specifically threatened, that seems like an okay reason to keep a gun for protection under a special circumstance.
    As for farmers... they do kill their livestock and shit. I really think many farmers reasonably need a gun.

There are a lot of ways to keep predators away from livestock including dogs. Many ranchers love shooting anything that moves or coyotes that come to close.

Me. I like natural wildlife. We kill and drive out the natural prey so our next big mac can sometimes become a mountain lions next t-bone
    M'Kay...... well you know the idea of making gun owner totally illegal is a completely unworkable and impossible idea, right? Not least because it would create a terrible crime war, just like prohibition of anything always does?
    So true. let's do it the Aussie way
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,919
    Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Yeah no thanks.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,563
    For anyone who is a dues paying NRA member, this is what you are supporting and this is the company you are keeping: 

NRA Board Member Ted Nugent Suggests Jews Are "Behind" Gun Safety Laws
    Blog ››› 1 hour and 25 minutes ago ››› ALEX KAPLAN

National Rifle Association board member Ted Nugent shared a graphic suggesting that Jews are "really behind" gun-safety laws. The image was previously posted on Stormfront, the most prominent American white supremacist website.

In a February 8 post on his Facebook page, Nugent shared an image headlined, "So who is really behind gun control?" with Israeli flags next to faces of 12 Jewish American politicians and gun violence prevention advocates. Some of the pictures feature descriptions such as "Jew York city mayor Mikey Bloomberg." Nugent captioned the image, "Know these punks. They hate freedom, they hate good over evil, they would deny us the basic human right to self defense & to KEEP & BEAR ARMS while many of them have tax paid hired ARMED security! Know them well. Tell every1 you know how evil they are. Let us raise maximum hell to shut them down":

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/02/08 ... e-b/208449
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,986
    Ted Nugent is a fucking idiot has-been. The NRA would be wise to distance themselves as quickly as possible from that douchebag.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dudeman said:

Ted Nugent is a fucking idiot has-been. The NRA would be wise to distance themselves as quickly as possible from that douchebag.

Yeah, but the NRA is bulletproof, they are the same as Trump. Their core following is so fucking crazy and low class they can't possibly be offended or embarrassed.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Yes, the Aussies did a good thing with their gun reform, which did not make all gun ownership illegal.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rgambs said:

dudeman said:

Yeah, but the NRA is bulletproof, they are the same as Trump. Their core following is so fucking crazy and low class they can't possibly be offended or embarrassed.
    Easy Now, don't be hating on my Uncle Ted..... Wango Tango!!!! Oh if he could get on the Don's Cabinet if he pulls this off.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

dudeman said:

Easy Now, don't be hating on my Uncle Ted..... Wango Tango!!!! Oh if he could get on the Don's Cabinet if he pulls this off.
    Only if he can get past the evil Jew conspiracy that is coming out of Jew York...
    Oh wait, that's right, he's crazy AND dumb!
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

dudeman said:

Only if he can get past the evil Jew conspiracy that is coming out of Jew York...
    Say what??? Please tell me about this conspiracy, I can't wait to hear it.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

dudeman said:

Say what??? Please tell me about this conspiracy, I can't wait to hear it.
    It's Uncle Ted's conspiracy, not mine. Scroll up a few posts and you will see his unintelligible ramblings that started this line of conversation.
  • Options
    Ted Nugent is a bona fide idiot, but I have to profess that there are certain rants of his that I'm not necessarily going to completely disagree with. He's not 'dumb'. He's a lunatic. These things are different.

Don't get me wrong- these rants I speak of are far and few between. To be specific, I don't completely disagree with his views on crime and punishment. I'm not to his extreme, but I'm in that camp to some degree.

As for the 'Jew' spew... come on, man. Aye yay yay (as my Baba would say).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

Yeah no thanks.
    X2
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ted Nugent proves once again he is an anti semite.
    My personal opinion is that if you support ted nugent and his beliefs then you are an anti semite as well.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=822797

01:01 PM Wednesday 2/10/160 |  |

Guitarist / gun aficionado Ted Nugent is getting plenty of flack this week following his controversial post on Facebook that has been derided as being anti-Semitic.

Although the image Nugent posted did not originate with the Gonzo Rocker, the graphic that appeared on the guitarist’s Facebook page Feb. 8 depicts several public figures, including California Senator Dianne Feinstein, New York Senator Chuck Schumer, Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel, under the caption, “So who is really behind gun control?”

It should come as no surprise that Nugent might have a problem with people who see things differently than himself when the subject is guns.  However, each photo includes a smaller graphic depicting the Israeli flag.  Making matters worse is the caption accompanying the photo of former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg that reads, “Jew York City Mayor.”

“Know these punks,” Nugent wrote on his Facebook page.  “They hate freedom, they hate good over evil, they would deny us the basic human right to self defense & to KEEP & BEAR ARMS while many of them have tax paid hired ARMED security! Know them well. Tell every1 you know how evil they are. Let us raise maximum hell to shut them down!”

As you might imagine, Nugent, who seems to make the news more for his right-wing rants and less for his music, has received a lot of criticism for his Facebook post as various Jewish groups took aim on the Motor City Madman who now lives in Texas.

“Ted Nugent has a long history of being an equal opportunity offender.” Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said, according to theNew York Daily News. “But his latest share on Facebook, making the outrageous suggestion that Jews are behind gun control, is nothing short of conspiratorial anti-Semitism.”

Nugent was also dissed by Jews For The Preservation Of Firearms.  The organization posted a statement on its website saying it was “appalled at the insensitivity of” the guitarist’s Facebook post and comments.

“The deeply anti-Semitic comments and prominent positioning of the Israeli flag imagery as a tool of anti-Semitic identification combine to leave us deeply disturbed,” the organization said.  “Neither Jews nor the Jewish faith are inherently anti-gun. Aaron Zelman, founder of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership was far from anti-gun. While many leaders of the gun prohibition movement are Jewish there are also many leaders of the right to keep and bear arms movement that are also in fact, Jewish.

“While Nugent has long been known for outrageous and offensive statements, these latest comments place Nugent clearly over the line.”

So far, Nugent isn’t backing down.  Approximately five hours after his original post, he aimed the following words at his detractors:

“Just when you hope that mankind couldnt possibly get any dumber or more dishonest, superFreaks rise to the occasion. What sort of racist prejudiced POS could possibly not know that Jews for guncontrol are nazis in disguise? "NEVER AGAIN!" Anyone? Anyone?? RUFKM! The founder of Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership called me his 2nd Amendment/Freedom hero. The NEVER AGAIN battlecry was universally embraced by all good people who will make sure another Holocaust never happens again. Freaks have plummeted to whole new low. Plummet on punks. Plummet on. Meanwhile I adjust my yamika at my barmitzva playing my kosher guitar. My dad killed nazis & saved Jews in WWII. Eat me.”

Three days later finds the guitarist, who is also on the National Rifle Association’s Board of Directors, being called to step down from the pro-firearms organization.

“Mr. Nugent’s thinly veiled call for violent action against Jewish gun control advocates is beyond reprehensible.  It also gives aid and comfort to the forces of civilian disarmament, allowing them to portray gun owners as bigots,” wrote Robert Farago on his pro-firearms “The Truth About Guns” website, according to the New York Daily News.  “The NRA should distance itself from Mr. Nugent.  They should revoke his membership and remove him from their Board.”

Others have also spoken out against Nugent and have called for the NRA to oust the rocker from its board.

There once was a time when Nugent was known solely for his rockin’ ways, including his love for fast cars and meaty guitar licks.  But those days seem so long ago.

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options

My personal opinion is that if you support ted nugent and his beliefs then you are an anti semite as well.

Guitarist / gun aficionado Ted Nugent is getting plenty of flack this week following his controversial post on Facebook that has been derided as being anti-Semitic.

Although the image Nugent posted did not originate with the Gonzo Rocker, the graphic that appeared on the guitarist’s Facebook page Feb. 8 depicts several public figures, including California Senator Dianne Feinstein, New York Senator Chuck Schumer, Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel, under the caption, “So who is really behind gun control?”

It should come as no surprise that Nugent might have a problem with people who see things differently than himself when the subject is guns.  However, each photo includes a smaller graphic depicting the Israeli flag.  Making matters worse is the caption accompanying the photo of former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg that reads, “Jew York City Mayor.”

“Know these punks,” Nugent wrote on his Facebook page.  “They hate freedom, they hate good over evil, they would deny us the basic human right to self defense & to KEEP & BEAR ARMS while many of them have tax paid hired ARMED security! Know them well. Tell every1 you know how evil they are. Let us raise maximum hell to shut them down!”

As you might imagine, Nugent, who seems to make the news more for his right-wing rants and less for his music, has received a lot of criticism for his Facebook post as various Jewish groups took aim on the Motor City Madman who now lives in Texas.

“Ted Nugent has a long history of being an equal opportunity offender.” Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said, according to theNew York Daily News. “But his latest share on Facebook, making the outrageous suggestion that Jews are behind gun control, is nothing short of conspiratorial anti-Semitism.”

Nugent was also dissed by Jews For The Preservation Of Firearms.  The organization posted a statement on its website saying it was “appalled at the insensitivity of” the guitarist’s Facebook post and comments.

“The deeply anti-Semitic comments and prominent positioning of the Israeli flag imagery as a tool of anti-Semitic identification combine to leave us deeply disturbed,” the organization said.  “Neither Jews nor the Jewish faith are inherently anti-gun. Aaron Zelman, founder of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership was far from anti-gun. While many leaders of the gun prohibition movement are Jewish there are also many leaders of the right to keep and bear arms movement that are also in fact, Jewish.

“While Nugent has long been known for outrageous and offensive statements, these latest comments place Nugent clearly over the line.”

So far, Nugent isn’t backing down.  Approximately five hours after his original post, he aimed the following words at his detractors:

“Just when you hope that mankind couldnt possibly get any dumber or more dishonest, superFreaks rise to the occasion. What sort of racist prejudiced POS could possibly not know that Jews for guncontrol are nazis in disguise? "NEVER AGAIN!" Anyone? Anyone?? RUFKM! The founder of Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership called me his 2nd Amendment/Freedom hero. The NEVER AGAIN battlecry was universally embraced by all good people who will make sure another Holocaust never happens again. Freaks have plummeted to whole new low. Plummet on punks. Plummet on. Meanwhile I adjust my yamika at my barmitzva playing my kosher guitar. My dad killed nazis & saved Jews in WWII. Eat me.”

Three days later finds the guitarist, who is also on the National Rifle Association’s Board of Directors, being called to step down from the pro-firearms organization.

“Mr. Nugent’s thinly veiled call for violent action against Jewish gun control advocates is beyond reprehensible.  It also gives aid and comfort to the forces of civilian disarmament, allowing them to portray gun owners as bigots,” wrote Robert Farago on his pro-firearms “The Truth About Guns” website, according to the New York Daily News.  “The NRA should distance itself from Mr. Nugent.  They should revoke his membership and remove him from their Board.”

Others have also spoken out against Nugent and have called for the NRA to oust the rocker from its board.

There once was a time when Nugent was known solely for his rockin’ ways, including his love for fast cars and meaty guitar licks.  But those days seem so long ago.

Or at least a disclaimer that "the statements made by Ted N do not reflect the opinion of this agency blah blah blah and so on". I personally agree with a lot of his ideals pertaining to gun ownership and hunting, but definitely not everything that is spewed. As with most entertainers, I take what they say with a grain of salt and try not to judge their entire following based on one or two idiotic statements. His statements are a poor representation of most NRA members and gun owners/hunters, or at least most that I know. I cannot think of anyone that says "well the Nug said it, so it must be true", but they're probably out there.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    it aint no mystery that the Rothschild's have been after the 2nd Amendment for years. Unarmed sheepple make for easy game.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,912

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/10/gun-rights-advocates-urge-nra-to-remove-ted-nugent-from-board-over-anti-semitic-outburst/?tid=sm_fb
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    brothers in arms lmao
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    I hate Nugent but I did see him
    Open for the real complete Lynyrd Skynyrd at Nassau coliseum in 77 or 78 lol what a trip !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    I want to go bird hunting.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited February 2016
    Ted Nugent represents all that is wrong with this country.

Open for the real complete Lynyrd Skynyrd at Nassau coliseum in 77 or 78 lol what a trip !!

Have Wango tango on vinyl. Doesn't get played though. Now my two record live skynrd does.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Ted Nugent represents all that is wrong with this country.

Have Wango tango on vinyl. Doesn't get played though. Now my two record live skynrd does.
    Should use that Wango Tango for target practice and send the shards to ted.
  • Options

Hahaha bird hunting...like where you buy birds and starve, dehydrate, and shake the fuck out of them so they cant get too far, then turn your dogs loose and blast the half-dead birds out of the sky..and then don't bother eating them because they are full of shot...
    That's not hunting, that's homicidal masturbation!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Hahaha bird hunting...like where you buy birds and starve, dehydrate, and shake the fuck out of them so they cant get too far, then turn your dogs loose and blast the half-dead birds out of the sky..and then don't bother eating them because they are full of shot...
    That's a pretty broad assumption don't you think. I, for one, have hunted many birds and they have all been free roaming. Way to throw everyone under the bus based on the action of a few...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

That's a pretty broad assumption don't you think. I, for one, have hunted many birds and they have all been free roaming. Way to throw everyone under the bus based on the action of a few...
    Well if you don't hunt like that you aren't under the bus and you shouldn't be offended. You should agree, that isn't hunting at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

Well if you don't hunt like that you aren't under the bus and you shouldn't be offended. You should agree, that isn't hunting at all.
    I do mostly agree, although I can understand how "hunts" like that could be useful if someone is trying to train their birddog. Usually those types of hunts are paid for by "city boys" that have no other options. I always laughed at the ones that bragged about "limiting out" on released birds, but as long as they're being legal about it and it keeps them from poaching on my land I'm all for it! On another positive point for hunting; this year I bagged four deer. Butchered two for myself and donated the other two to feed the less fortunate. Total costs: hunting license-$35. Processing fees for the ones that I kept- $0 (got my own setup). The two that I donated-$60 processing fees/deer. So for roughly $150 I have enough meat to last about a year and have fed numorous others! That's what hunting is all about for me and the mentality shared by most other true hunters. On top of that, you gain some humbleness, solidarity to reflect on life and other things while surrounded by nature, and a high amount of respect for the food that is on the table. I give little regard to "anti-hunters" and usually just label them as uneducated and pitiful.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

I do mostly agree, although I can understand how "hunts" like that could be useful if someone is trying to train their birddog. Usually those types of hunts are paid for by "city boys" that have no other options. I always laughed at the ones that bragged about "limiting out" on released birds, but as long as they're being legal about it and it keeps them from poaching on my land I'm all for it! On another positive point for hunting; this year I bagged four deer. Butchered two for myself and donated the other two to feed the less fortunate. Total costs: hunting license-$35. Processing fees for the ones that I kept- $0 (got my own setup). The two that I donated-$60 processing fees/deer. So for roughly $150 I have enough meat to last about a year and have fed numorous others! That's what hunting is all about for me and the mentality shared by most other true hunters. On top of that, you gain some humbleness, solidarity to reflect on life and other things while surrounded by nature, and a high amount of respect for the food that is on the table. I give little regard to "anti-hunters" and usually just label them as uneducated and pitiful.
    Uneducated and pitiful is not a fair or accurate appraisal IMO.
    I am not against hunting (excluding the canned hunts) but I am against most hunters. I grew up within hunting culture in Appalachia, and I can tell you, unequivocally, that the way you are describing hunting is a romanticized fantasy.
    It isn't a sacred ritual or a necessary harvest, it isn't an ecological balancing or a humanitarian pursuit, IT IS A SPORT THAT PEOPLE DO FOR FUN!
    True hunters, as you call them, are a tiny minority, there is just no doubt about that.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

Uneducated and pitiful is not a fair or accurate appraisal IMO.
    I am not against hunting (excluding the canned hunts) but I am against most hunters. I grew up within hunting culture in Appalachia, and I can tell you, unequivocally, that the way you are describing hunting is a romanticized fantasy.
    It isn't a sacred ritual or a necessary harvest, it isn't an ecological balancing or a humanitarian pursuit, IT IS A SPORT THAT PEOPLE DO FOR FUN!
    True hunters, as you call them, are a tiny minority, there is just no doubt about that.
    I'm going to go with the classic "I'd like to see some stats to back that up" argument. Most hunters that I know do see it as a way of life and are outstanding citizens that prefer to eat harvested meat over feed yard fowl. Many of the communities around here benefit greatly from the hunters coming in in a lot the same way some communities profit from tourism/concert venues/etc. Some college students that I grew up with payed their way by only working at the local processors during deer season. Maybe you just grew up in the wrong place...I have no problems with it as a sport or a way of life, but opinions and assholes I guess.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

I grew up hunting. I don't do it anymore, but don't begrudge any hunter for doing it provided they are hunting for the right reasons.

You can get a high from nature by hiking and taking photos. You don't need to go kill something to achieve those objectives. That rationale you offered is weak.

Your last statement is judgemental. Let me be judgemental: I think you enjoy killing things more than you enjoy charity work. I think you enjoy snuffing the life of a living creature with your gun and donating your extra kills doesn't change that fact. Be honest... you're not undergoing the hunt for anything other than yourself.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited February 2016

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

I grew up hunting. I don't do it anymore, but don't begrudge any hunter for doing it provided they are hunting for the right reasons.

You can get a high from nature by hiking and taking photos. You don't need to go kill something to achieve those objectives. That rationale you offered is weak.

Your last statement is judgemental. Let me be judgemental: I think you enjoy killing things more than you enjoy charity work. I think you enjoy snuffing the life of a living creature with your gun and donating your extra kills doesn't change that fact. Be honest... you're not undergoing the hunt for anything other than yourself.
    Oh, I do plenty of that too (hiking and taking photos). Wildlife photography would probably fit into my top 5 list of passions. I am a sociologist/biologist and have the degree to back up that claim. And I am being honest, I hunt for many reasons, but "snuffing the life out of a living creature with a gun" is not one of those. In fact, I have saved the lives of a handful of deer that were either stuck in a fence or antler locked. I try to be as self-sufficient as possible and garden and can food, etc. I see reliance as weakness. You seem like exactly the type of person that I see as uneducated and pitiful. Now go trim your "man" bun.
    Edit: I do fish purely for the enjoyment of fishing...pure relaxing entertainment. Do you consider fishing as a form hunting? If so, I guess I'm guilty there.
This discussion has been closed.