America's Gun Violence

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    My idea is to implement a nationally standardized test.

We will call it the "Are you too fucking stupid to have this grave responsibilty" test
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

dudeman said:

More is not necessarily better. That guy is a moron and he should have his license revoked at the very least.

But this is the thing that begs tighter regulations: morons run rampant.

If you could centralize the morons and let the morons act like morons in Moronville... no intervention necessary; however, as it stands, morons are strewn about everywhere doing moroinic things while they moron about among people with half a brain.

I'd even say the moron is the majority.

Maybe an IQ test as part of a background check?

"Hey Cletus... didjya git ur gun?"
    "Nah, Jim Bob Cooter. I couldn't git it. The folks at that der office building gave me some sort of test that said I couldn't. I reckon I'll go git mahself one of dem der slingshots."
    There needs to be moron island. They can televise it like survivor, and the rest of us can enjoy... :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    mickeyrat said:

We will call it the "Are you too fucking stupid to have this grave responsibilty" test

Isn't that the same test that should be used for parental certification?
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

mickeyrat said:

Isn't that the same test that should be used for parental certification?
    I think so... Maybe can we have politicians and government employees like IRS take the same tests???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    mickeyrat said:
    Yeah, and that's why we don't want civilians walking around with guns thinking they can fight crime with their bullets.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553

Who is this Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore? Pic is from this article http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele-fiore-gun-christmas-card
    This is the kind of xmas cards some of your elected officials send?
    Our countries are on different planets when it comes to guns. Wow.

we are all missing the obvious.........why don't the babies have guns? they have second ammendment rights, don't they? there's no age restriction in the constitution!!! at least a gun-shaped soother? or a diaper that says "stop or I'll toot" on it?

they should all be wearing shirts that say "white trash matters".

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Who is this Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore? Pic is from this article http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele-fiore-gun-christmas-card

we are all missing the obvious.........why don't the babies have guns? they have second ammendment rights, don't they? there's no age restriction in the constitution!!! at least a gun-shaped soother? or a diaper that says "stop or I'll toot" on it?

You cant see the diaper holster cuz they are facing left.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited December 2015
    Dude, cops make mistakes. Now wanna be vigilant

Hmmm. Wonder if they also believe in the Bible. Ayatollah Cruz and his extremists.

And of course they're breeding.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Who is this Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore? Pic is from this article http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele-fiore-gun-christmas-card

Look at the wuss on the right.

Pffft. Nice 'little' gun.

Like... get a freakin' gun already- not a gawddamn little pea shooter. May as well have rubber bands. Who's that gonna kill big boy, huh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,051
    I think this might help us to actually get somewhere, or at least help us to understand each other's point of view a little better:

WARNING: There is profanity and swearing in this article.

https://popehat.com/2015/12/07/talking-productively-about-guns/
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    dudeman said:

I think this might help us to actually get somewhere, or at least help us to understand each other's point of view a little better:

Not just profanity, but swearing too? On a PJ website? What is the world coming to?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    edited December 2015

Wait this picture is for real....man what is this country coming to....even that 7-8 year old boy appears to be holding a glock. WOW!

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dudemandudeman Posts: 3,051

dudeman said:

Not just profanity, but swearing too? On a PJ website? What is the world coming to?
    Just trying to be mindful of those that may find the language in the article offensive. This is supposed to be an "all ages" forum, you know.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • g under p said:

Wait this picture is for real....man what is this country coming to....even that 7-8 year old boy appears to be holding a glock. WOW!

Peace

my thoughts exactly....I can't get over politicians that become gun experts as soon as they run for office. The people that this appeals to are the LCD of red neck society.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The woman is a certifiable whack-a-doo. Did you see her statement yesterday,
    "What, are you kidding me? I’m about to fly to Paris and shoot ‘em in the head myself,” Fiore said, adding, "I am not OK with Syrian refugees. I’m not OK with terrorists. I’m OK with putting them down, blacking them out, just put a piece of brass in their ocular cavity and end their miserable life. I'm good with that."
    lasvegassun.com/news/2015/dec/07/michele-fiore-says-she-wants-to-shoot-syrian-refug/
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Whack-a-doo?
    C'mon now...it takes a special kind of grandma to make you Enfamil and jalapeno smoothies and rock you to sleep singing "Bodies" by Drowning Pool.
  • TL170678TL170678 Posts: 422
    Cars Kill over 30,000 in America, more than guns
    Knifes kill 5X more than rifles (Including that scary assault rifle)
    Over half of Americas gun violence is inner-city gang related (illegal guns)
    The other 14,000, sure it`s a lot, but it`s not terrible more than Europe.
    We need to fix poverty, drug abuse, mental health to rid ourselves of violence. People will always find a way to kill, they did hundreds to thousands of years ago before guns, they always will.
    http://www.infowars.com/fbi-far-more-murders-committed-with-knives-than-assault-rifles/
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited December 2015
    ^^ infowars.com is run by Alex Jones. Mr Jones is an American conspiracy theorist,radio show host, documentary filmmaker, and writer. After high school he attended Austin Community College.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, and science communicator. BA degree from Harvard MA Univ of Texas:Austin and PhD from Columbia. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City. The center is part of the American Museum of Natural History, where Tyson founded the Department of Astrophysics in 1997 and has been a research associate in the department since 2003. His numbers:

1.4 Million: Americans who died in all Wars fought since 1776.
    1.4 Million: Americans who died via household Guns since 1968

400,000: Americans who died fighting in World War II.
    400,000: Americans who died by household Firearms since 2001

3,400: Americans who died by Terrorism since 2001
    3,400: Americans who died by household Firearms since five weeks ago.

upworthy.com/instead-of-arguing-about-guns-on-twitter-neil-degrasse-tyson-just-laid-out-the-numbers

Call me crazy, but I think I'm going with Neil's numbers. :smile:
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    TL170678 said:

We need to fix poverty, drug abuse, mental health to rid ourselves of violence. People will always find a way to kill, they did hundreds to thousands of years ago before guns, they always will.
    http://www.infowars.com/fbi-far-more-murders-committed-with-knives-than-assault-rifles/

So addressing it for the deaths from suicide isnt valid either.

Got it. Fuck you people too. Sooner you die the better.

Thanks for sharing.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited December 2015
    TL170678 said:

What a load of crap!!!!! Oh god, PLEASE don't believe anything you see on that website!
    Here are the US stats compiled by the FBI... Probably a better source than a fucking website run by Alex Jones, who is pretty much the anti-Christ.
    https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

See, this is why I'm terrified of the American right. They have no qualms whatsoever in straight up spreading baldfaced LIES, and millions and millions of people believe the lies and base their opinions on the lies and spread the lies as fact. It is fucking horrifying.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    TL170678 said:

Awesome
    You quote and use alex jones as source for your information.
    What's next? A link that proves that Eddie Vedder is a member of the illuminati?
    Or that he's part of the new world order?
    Or that the U.S. is run by ZOG?
    Or how about this golden oldy...the jews run everything
    :nuh_uh:
  • ^^ infowars.com is run by Alex Jones. Mr Jones is an American conspiracy theorist,radio show host, documentary filmmaker, and writer. After high school he attended Austin Community College.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, and science communicator. BA degree from Harvard MA Univ of Texas:Austin and PhD from Columbia. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City. The center is part of the American Museum of Natural History, where Tyson founded the Department of Astrophysics in 1997 and has been a research associate in the department since 2003. His numbers:

1.4 Million: Americans who died in all Wars fought since 1776.
    1.4 Million: Americans who died via household Guns since 1968

400,000: Americans who died fighting in World War II.
    400,000: Americans who died by household Firearms since 2001

3,400: Americans who died by Terrorism since 2001
    3,400: Americans who died by household Firearms since five weeks ago.

upworthy.com/instead-of-arguing-about-guns-on-twitter-neil-degrasse-tyson-just-laid-out-the-numbers

Call me crazy, but I think I'm going with Neil's numbers. :smile:

Now those are very interesting stats
  • TL170678 said:

Don't forget old age. We should ban birthdays too.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

TL170678 said:

You re turning fifty this year right?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    mcgruff10 said:

TL170678 said:

Yeah need to take thirty out back. Past his producing years. Put him out of his misery.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • mcgruff10 said:

TL170678 said:

Pretty damn close, Scruffy.

"Those were the days my friend... we're almost at the end. We're getting old and yes we're turning grey. We lived the life we choose. We can't stay off the booze..."
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    This is fun: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/12/gun_deaths_map_how_many_people_have_died_or_been_injured_in_shootings_around.html?wpsrc=huffpo

put in your address/zipcode and see how many shooting have taken place within one mile of your place this year! I got: There has been 1 shooting within a 1-mile radius of this point in the past year, 0 fatal and 1 non-fatal. The closest shooting was 0.91 miles away. :blush:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Interesting website. There has been 1 shooting, a fatal shooting 1.06 miles from my house this past year. A 22 year old son killed his 51 year old father on Jan 9, 2015.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
This discussion has been closed.