Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/man-with-concealed-gun-kills-21-year-old-carjacker
    Here you have a 24 year old guy minding his own business going to work.
    And then this happens.  
    I think there's a lot to be learned or discussed about this.
    None of this changes the fact that sem-auto rifles like the AR-15 should be banned and mag capacity reduced for all semi-auto guns. I haven't seen much on here lately about wanting to ban all guns. Maybe from a few extremists and this only strengthens their view.

Compromise is being sought from the gun control side and this does nothing to change what is being asked from gun owners/advocates.
    I would gladly ban all guns, in a heartbeat

Remove the AR's all you want, although a great start, we will still have 40% of the world's guns with only 4% of the population 

The idea of guns for protection is what has lead us to this country being littered with guns and gun related deaths... America's gun violence problem goes well beyond mass shootings and assault rifles. The numbers speak for themselves 

I'm in the minority, and I'm fine with that. Good luck America, you're going to need it
    “Nobody wants to ban all guns”
    Man, if I had a dime for every time I have heard that phrase used.  
    I would... put me in a headlock and I may allow you to keep shotguns & rifles with limited capacity & capability just in case you really like blowing bambi's head off and aren't man enough to use a bow.... firearms & anything close to resembling assault style rifles I would ban faster than you can fire a round... and maybe, just maybe, 200 years from now this country would actually be great... otherwise we are putting bandaids on bullet holes

Call me a dreamer... maybe I'm the only one?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/man-with-concealed-gun-kills-21-year-old-carjacker
    And then this happens.  
    None of this changes the fact that sem-auto rifles like the AR-15 should be banned and mag capacity reduced for all semi-auto guns. I haven't seen much on here lately about wanting to ban all guns. Maybe from a few extremists and this only strengthens their view.

Compromise is being sought from the gun control side and this does nothing to change what is being asked from gun owners/advocates.

Remove the AR's all you want, although a great start, we will still have 40% of the world's guns with only 4% of the population 

The idea of guns for protection is what has lead us to this country being littered with guns and gun related deaths... America's gun violence problem goes well beyond mass shootings and assault rifles. The numbers speak for themselves 

I'm in the minority, and I'm fine with that. Good luck America, you're going to need it
    Would you have a dollar? 

You can  discount anything that accompanies s sentence starting with  "nobody".
    That is very true.  “Everybody” knows that ;)
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    And then this happens.  

I would... put me in a headlock and I may allow you to keep shotguns & rifles with limited capacity & capability just in case you really like blowing bambi's head off and aren't man enough to use a bow.... firearms & anything close to resembling assault style rifles I would ban faster than you can fire a round... and maybe, just maybe, 200 years from now this country would actually be great... otherwise we are putting bandaids on bullet holes

Well, fortunately it’s not up to you...And fortunately you are in the minority.    Don’t get me wrong, I do use a bow to hunt “Bambi” on occasion, but I have never really seen hunting as a manly-non-manly thing.  I have always just looked at it as harvesting meat...I’m pretty sure that there are plenty of women hunters that would take offense to the “manly” statement as well.  Hunting is something all can do...whether you are a man/woman/transgender/etc etc etc.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    And then this happens.  

Well, fortunately it’s not up to you...And fortunately you are in the minority.    Don’t get me wrong, I do use a bow to hunt “Bambi” on occasion, but I have never really seen hunting as a manly-non-manly thing.  I have always just looked at it as harvesting meat...I’m pretty sure that there are plenty of women hunters that would take offense to the “manly” statement as well.  Hunting is something all can do...whether you are a man/woman/transgender/etc etc etc.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    edited February 2018
    A start?

Dick's Sporting Goods Ends Sale Of Assault-Style Rifles, Citing Florida Shooting http://n.pr/2BYERRE
    It'll be interesting to see how much shit they take for this private decision.  And fun to see people say "your (sic) taking away my second-amendment right."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    A start?

Dick's Sporting Goods Ends Sale Of Assault-Style Rifles, Citing Florida Shooting http://n.pr/2BYERRE
    It'll be interesting to see how much shit they take for this private decision.  And fun to see people say "your (sic) taking away my second-amendment right."
    If bakers don’t have to bake cakes, sporting goods stores don’t have to sell guns and YouTube doesn’t have to host Alex Jones. About sum it up?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    A start?

If bakers don’t have to bake cakes, sporting goods stores don’t have to sell guns and YouTube doesn’t have to host Alex Jones. About sum it up?
    That’s what freedom is all about, right?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2018
    Look at PJPOWER trying to be PC all if the sudden lol... ok, maybe you aren't girly enough to use a bow?

Quick question, how's that 2A and having 42% of the world's guns working out for America?

Here is something Unsung points out that I agree with for different reasons... how many gun deaths are the result of handguns? A lot more then AR's, that's for sure... how many AR's will still be in circulation even after a full ban on sales?

I'm a big fan of starting with the low hanging fruit of AR bans, capacity restrictions, background checks, etc... but it's really just putting bandaids on bullet holes... but it is a start, so I'm fully behind it... I would personally go farther, but again, I'm a silly progressive liberal who belives in a much better way and much better future generations from now... 

I know you disagree, that's fine...

But don't talk to me about "extreme vetting" for refugees from a war torn country and then just hand out AR's to goofy 19 year olds with a visa card... you guys on the right need to get your whacky shit together 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    And then this happens.  

One would have to be foolish in the extreme to believe that when people say that, they are saying that literally "nobody" wants to ban all guns. It's a big country; people have a range of views on every topic. When people say that they generally mean a total gun ban isn't a point of policy.

I, too, would happily see a ban on personal gun use except within pretty strict parameters, which would include target shooting (guns typically kept locked at the range), certain types of hunting (with restrictions on which guns are available), and some remote areas where guns may be needed for protection from wildlife (certain types of camps, for instance). Luckily for me, I already live in a country with limited guns. Thank FSM for that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    my2hands said:
    Look at PJPOWER trying to be PC all if the sudden lol... ok, maybe you aren't girly enough to use a bow?

Quick question, how's that 2A and having 42% of the world's guns working out for America?

Here is something Unsung points out that I agree with for different reasons... how many gun deaths are the result of handguns? A lot more then AR's, that's for sure... how many AR's will still be in circulation even after a full ban on sales?

I'm a big fan of starting with the low hanging fruit of AR bans, capacity restrictions, background checks, etc... but it's really just putting bandaids on bullet holes... but it is a start, so I'm fully behind it... I would personally go farther, but again, I'm a silly progressive liberal who belives in a much better way and much better future generations from now... 

I know you disagree, that's fine...

But don't talk to me about "extreme vetting" for refugees from a war torn country and then just hand out AR's to goofy 19 year olds with a visa card... you guys on the right need to get your whacky shit together 
    Yeah, I disagree with you and still support vetting for refugees.  I have mixed emotions about bans of any kind.  I do not support an all-gun ban.  And trust me, it is not just people on the right that hunt or believe in the 2A.  I know plenty of liberals that own firearms and hunt.  Gun ownership support is bipartisan (outside of a few eccentrics as tbergs stated). 
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    A start?

That’s what freedom is all about, right?
    The market speaks. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    And then this happens.  

One would have to be foolish in the extreme to believe that when people say that, they are saying that literally "nobody" wants to ban all guns. It's a big country; people have a range of views on every topic. When people say that they generally mean a total gun ban isn't a point of policy.

I, too, would happily see a ban on personal gun use except within pretty strict parameters, which would include target shooting (guns typically kept locked at the range), certain types of hunting (with restrictions on which guns are available), and some remote areas where guns may be needed for protection from wildlife (certain types of camps, for instance). Luckily for me, I already live in a country with limited guns. Thank FSM for that. 
    Well, maybe people should be more clear.  Maybe say “nobody with half a brain wants to ban all guns” or something like that.  That would be a much more accurate statement :). And thank you for your vote...oh wait, you don’t have a vote.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    People should see the pictures and video of the carnage. They need to see it. If they don’t see it, god forbid, they need to experience it up close and personal. Otherwise, nothing is going to change.

How one bullet shattered a body and a family - CNN https://apple.news/AqWddLqNoSNid-wkbmNZO6g
    Would you do the same for abortions?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    unsung said:
    People should see the pictures and video of the carnage. They need to see it. If they don’t see it, god forbid, they need to experience it up close and personal. Otherwise, nothing is going to change.

How one bullet shattered a body and a family - CNN https://apple.news/AqWddLqNoSNid-wkbmNZO6g
    And the death penalty,  since we are connecting disparate things. 
  • Options
    I think that part of the problem is the desensitization...in a lot of areas.  I’m not sure showing violence and bloodshed will do anything except desensitize even further.  The brain works in interesting ways and there have been several psychological studies showing how regularly seeing violence, gore, porn, etc can make a person desensitized to those things and sometimes even become addicted to and desire them or even want to participate in them.  I think that we have definitely become a desensitized/addicted society...not a good place to be.  Ask the Romans how that went down...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

Considering the VAST majority of abortions consist of a pill followed by a heavy period...yeah, not such a scary prospect.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    rgambs said:
    unsung said:

Considering the VAST majority of abortions consist of a pill followed by a heavy period...yeah, not such a scary prospect.

Faces of Death reboot?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,797
    unsung said:

whatabout whatabout whatabout
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    unsung said:

That wouldnt make a difference to me as i believe that choice belongs to the women & the women only ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
  • Options
    unsung said:

Its already being done. I drive by a Planned Parenthood cneter quite frequently and the antis are out there with their full blown sized pictures of purported aborted fetuses. Theres a guy who drives around with a commercial type delivery van with the photos plastered on the sides. Pulled up next to me at a light with the kids in the back seat. When they asked, I told them its what their mother and I should have  done and that that guy is crazy. Their both pro choice now by the way.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    They started that after Sandy Hook.  It isn't new, he is just virtue signaling.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    They started that after Sandy Hook.  It isn't new, he is just virtue signaling.
    Does the signal come through the tin foil?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    What a witty comeback.  How original!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2018
    The Dick's where we buy my kids' sporting equipment in Libtardaplorable© headquarters sells semiautomatic firearms.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    Wait a minute....the "libertarian" is also pro life? Dude, you are a walking contradiction. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I wouldn't be able to keep up with the latest white supremacy lingo if it wasn't for these boards.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Wait a minute....the "libertarian" is also pro life? Dude, you are a walking contradiction. 
    In one breath you say that children are the future, in the next you support ending that potential before birth.

You are holding that hypocrisy,  I will defend life.

The NRA hasn't ended any life, the NRA is supported with zero taxpayer dollars.

Planned Parenthood (irony there) ends life every day, and it is funded to the tune of $500M annually by taxpayers.

I know which is a greater threat to life.

***it angers me that I have to defend the NRA***
  • Options
    unsung said:
    In one breath you say that children are the future, in the next you support ending that potential before birth.

You are holding that hypocrisy,  I will defend life.

The NRA hasn't ended any life, the NRA is supported with zero taxpayer dollars.

Planned Parenthood (irony there) ends life every day, and it is funded to the tune of $500M annually by taxpayers.

I know which is a greater threat to life.

***it angers me that I have to defend the NRA***
    None of that $500 million is spent on abortions. Its against the law for them to do so. But the king of witty comebacks wouldn't know that, I suppose?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I'm sure.

How much do they spend on lobbying politicians that support it?  It is full circle.
This discussion has been closed.