Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mickeyrat said:

Yay guns!!!!!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/road-raging-mercedes-driver-shoots-himself-in-the-leg-while-waving-rifle-and-handgun-at-florida-family/

A man accidentally shot himself in the leg while waving two guns at a woman and her children during a Florida road rage incident.

Mark another responsible gun owner off the list!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

Yay guns!!!!!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/road-raging-mercedes-driver-shoots-himself-in-the-leg-while-waving-rifle-and-handgun-at-florida-family/

A man accidentally shot himself in the leg while waving two guns at a woman and her children during a Florida road rage incident.

Mark another responsible gun owner off the list!
    This probably all totally legal in Florida.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    mickeyrat said:

Yay guns!!!!!!!

This happened in Florida? Shocking.

Start building the wall!
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Jason P said:

mickeyrat said:

Yay guns!!!!!!!

This happened in Florida? Shocking.

Start building the wall!
    HA. But gotta sneak RR over first.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hey, jerks! RR and I can piss on Florida because we're from/live there. Y'all, on the other hand, are just -- wait for it! -- bigots.

:joker:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited September 2015
    dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^^ Anyone dumb enough to be waving a realistic-looking BB gun around deserves to be shot by the cops. Of course the cops need to assume that's a real gun. I don't get upset about those stories at all.

What about 12-year-old Tamir Rice?
    For once I agree w soul. He deserves it as much as anyone else. When the cops say put down the gun, and you don't, then their saving their own lives by killing you. It's just how it goes.

Someone should have taught the child about guns and why they're not for children.
  • Options

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^^ Anyone dumb enough to be waving a realistic-looking BB gun around deserves to be shot by the cops. Of course the cops need to assume that's a real gun. I don't get upset about those stories at all.

For once I agree w soul. He deserves it as much as anyone else. When the cops say put down the gun, and you don't, then their saving their own lives by killing you. It's just how it goes.

Someone should have taught the child about guns and why they're not for children.
    Deserves it?

I had play guns when I was growing up. I can be thankful I had space to play.

Have you seen the video? The kid was just sitting there- he had no chance. Ask anyone on here... I am the most ardent defender of police there is; but this incident is indefensible.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Deserves it?

Have you seen the video? The kid was just sitting there- he had no chance. Ask anyone on here... I am the most ardent defender of police there is; but this incident is indefensible.
    Yep. Don't play with guns real or fake. As a child, it's his parents fault for not teaching him better. But no fault of the cops, only doing their job.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Deserves it?

Yep. Don't play with guns real or fake. As a child, it's his parents fault for not teaching him better. But no fault of the cops, only doing their job.
    a 12 year old deserves to be shot to death?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,603

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Deserves it?

It's amazing that someone who claims to be a good christian would say/believe such a thing.

(Not bullying just stating a fact based on past posts)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Deserves it?

Do you know anything about the case? An investigation said there was enough evidence to charge the cop with murder. It is unclear whether the cop even gave Tamir a verbal warning before shooting him. So you really think there was no fault on the cop's part? You can't concede that the cop was at least negligent, or a little quick on the trigger?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Deserves it?

It's amazing that someone who claims to be a good christian would say/believe such a thing.

Even more amazing is the insensitivity.....yet a few words here or there on these boards and ALL hell appears to breaks loose as far as being victimized/bullied.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Deserves it?

Don't you remember the "*" after "thou shall not kill" that says "*unless in self defense"?
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    I woulda thought it was a sin to be such a master baiter
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,448
    ed243421 said:

Kinda like bearing false witness, no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,603
    ed243421 said:

HEY :anguished: this is an all ages forum!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,317
    g under p said:

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Deserves it?

Even more amazing is the insensitivity.....yet a few words here or there on these boards and ALL hell appears to breaks loose as far as being victimized/bullied.

Peace

because it is not real. it is an act.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

murica.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,059

murica.

that gun looks fake to me for some reason. but still in bad taste.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

murica.

it is a toy. someone said earlier in the thread that we should not have toy guns or something like that. i just posted the picture to prove that we still do and we start playing with them as soon as we can hold something other than a baby bottle.

• Options

mcgruff10 said:

murica.

it is a toy. someone said earlier in the thread that we should not have toy guns or something like that. i just posted the picture to prove that we still do and we start playing with them as soon as we can hold something other than a baby bottle.
    Ah got yA. I remember growing up toy guns looked real as hell and none of us got shot. Crazy times we live in.
    I think my three sons starting "shooting" each other with things at age two or three lol.
  • Options
    god damn this thread sucks since last12exit left. who do i argue with? dirty thirty makes too much sense. argh.
    so i saw this statistic today: honduras and switzerland have the same population. switzerland requires citizens by law to have a gun in their house and honduras bans citizens from owning guns. switzerland has the lowest homicide rate in the world and honduras has the highest. interesting.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    I think your statistic on Honduras is incorrect - what I read states that both citizens and non-citizen permanent residents can own many different types of guns. Apparently up until the mid-80s there were no laws regarding gun ownership and guns. Restrictions have gradually come in over the years.

I've never been to Honduras but I've been to Switzerland three times and I can tell you, you'd never mistake it for being in the USA. The Swiss are fanatically law-abiding and totally happy with restrictions. The laws around screening out who can't own a firearm include prohibiting anyone with a criminal record or record of mental illness, only allowing purchase from an authorized source, and three weapons per person.

Some sources I've read say that open carry is common in Switzerland, but I have to say I don't think I ever saw someone openly carrying a firearm there. Perhaps that's more concentrated in certain areas.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

god damn this thread sucks since last12exit left. who do i argue with? dirty thirty makes too much sense. argh.
    so i saw this statistic today: honduras and switzerland have the same population. switzerland requires citizens by law to have a gun in their house and honduras bans citizens from owning guns. switzerland has the lowest homicide rate in the world and honduras has the highest. interesting.

Switzerland also features social programs that ensure all citizens are cared for- they typically don't feel the need to kill people with their guns because their quality of life is good.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

mcgruff10 said:

Switzerland also features social programs that ensure all citizens are cared for- they typically don't feel the need to kill people with their guns because their quality of life is good.
    Yes, true. If you are Swiss you have a pretty good life from what I can see.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

I think your statistic on Honduras is incorrect - what I read states that both citizens and non-citizen permanent residents can own many different types of guns. Apparently up until the mid-80s there were no laws regarding gun ownership and guns. Restrictions have gradually come in over the years.

I've never been to Honduras but I've been to Switzerland three times and I can tell you, you'd never mistake it for being in the USA. The Swiss are fanatically law-abiding and totally happy with restrictions. The laws around screening out who can't own a firearm include prohibiting anyone with a criminal record or record of mental illness, only allowing purchase from an authorized source, and three weapons per person.

Some sources I've read say that open carry is common in Switzerland, but I have to say I don't think I ever saw someone openly carrying a firearm there. Perhaps that's more concentrated in certain areas.

it's a thousand percent inaccurate and I apologize for breaking my own cardinal sin: check your fucking sources three times over!!!! forget what I said as after I actually did research I found out honduras citizens can own firearms. my bad on that and it won't happen again. dumb ass Facebook.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

it's a thousand percent inaccurate and I apologize for breaking my own cardinal sin: check your fucking sources three times over!!!! forget what I said as after I actually did research I found out honduras citizens can own firearms. my bad on that and it won't happen again. dumb ass Facebook.
    Galldarnit Scruffy.

Sheesh.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766

dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Deserves it?

FTR, just so that no one thinks I thought Tamir Rice deserved it, I did post a response to that question saying that in Tamir's specific case the police were at fault IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Galldarnit Scruffy.

Sheesh.
    I fucked up bad, but I am seeing pearl jam tomorrow in central park!!!!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Galldarnit Scruffy.

Sheesh.
    I fucked up bad, but I am seeing pearl jam tomorrow in central park!!!!!!
    And now you're a braggart.

*You're a lucky bastard, man! Have fun.
This discussion has been closed.