rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Sounds like a guy travelling with his legal gun. He was a good guy with a gun, until he wasn't.

Oh...is that what it sounds like? It sounds like a known wolf to most everbody else.
    Remember, it s always ok to make quick generalizations and assumptions on this forum when it comes to people using firearms illegally. God forbid you call someone a terrorist though....
    Doesn't help your case that someone like that was able to travel with a gun. Maybe we should make it easier for folks like him to own and travel with guns, sounds like a solution to me.

Good job guys, hopefully Trump will make the laws even more relaxed.
    How doesn't that help my case? 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding citizens. Why is it that the .1% of people who abuse these laws represent all gun owners?
    And unless you have a crystal ball, i m not seeing how trump is going to make gun laws more lax. What would that entail?
    I love how this thread was bumped for the first time in a month
    That line is just as tired and worn out...
    And true.
    So what? I don't give a damn about a whiny hobbyists complaints about what is fair and what isn't.
    Booo-fucking-hooo is all I hear from the pro-gun crowd.
    You sure it's the pro-gun crowd boo-hooing? If you don't give a damn about hobbyists, how can you expect them to give a damn about you? Respect goes both ways.
    so true.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Sounds like a guy travelling with his legal gun. He was a good guy with a gun, until he wasn't.

Oh...is that what it sounds like? It sounds like a known wolf to most everbody else.
    Remember, it s always ok to make quick generalizations and assumptions on this forum when it comes to people using firearms illegally. God forbid you call someone a terrorist though....
    Doesn't help your case that someone like that was able to travel with a gun. Maybe we should make it easier for folks like him to own and travel with guns, sounds like a solution to me.

How doesn't that help my case? 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding citizens. Why is it that the .1% of people who abuse these laws represent all gun owners?
    And unless you have a crystal ball, i m not seeing how trump is going to make gun laws more lax. What would that entail?
    And true.
    So what? I don't give a damn about a whiny hobbyists complaints about what is fair and what isn't.
    You sure it's the pro-gun crowd boo-hooing? If you don't give a damn about hobbyists, how can you expect them to give a damn about you or what you consider fair? Respect goes both ways.
    I don't expect them to care about me, I expect them to care about the scores of dead people that result from their damn hobby.
    I don't respect that, and I don't need the respect of those who feel that way.

Obviously, I am not talking about you guys, but you belong to a club full of dangerous lunatics (I know this first hand, there are plenty of gun nutters here in my area) that share the same rhetoric.
    If you won't recognize this, respect isn't necessarily due.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.
    You sure it's the pro-gun crowd boo-hooing? If you don't give a damn about hobbyists, how can you expect them to give a damn about you or what you consider fair? Respect goes both ways.
    I don't expect them to care about me, I expect them to care about the scores of dead people that result from their damn hobby.

Obviously, I am not talking about you guys, but you belong to a club full of dangerous lunatics (I know this first hand, there are plenty of gun nutters here in my area) that share the same rhetoric.
    This debate has gone round and round a thousand times. Maybe your area's history of creating lunatics is partially to blame? Dangerous lunatics come in many forms, and they are pretty much always going to have access to firearms. Bitching and moaning about this is merely that. Why not take some initiative and try to educate your area on firearm safety if it's something you care so deeply about? Getting a safety class started will make miles of headway compared to bitching and moaning and calling people names.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.

This debate has gone round and round a thousand times. Maybe your area's history of creating lunatics is partially to blame? Dangerous lunatics come in many forms, and they are pretty much always going to have access to firearms. Bitching and moaning about this is merely that. Why not take some initiative and try to educate your area on firearm safety if it's something you care so deeply about? Getting a safety class started will make miles of headway compared to bitching and moaning and calling people names.
    Oh come on, you really think safety classes will make headway? Get a grip on reality
  • Options
    I bitch and moan about piles of bodies, you bitch and moan about laws that impinge on your killing machines, I sleep just fine at night without starting any safety courses lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,917
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.

Oh come on, you really think safety classes will make headway? Get a grip on reality
    I'm all for safety classes before you can initially buy a firearm.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.

Me too, but that's additional legislation, and PJPOWER isn't down for any of that.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.

Me too, but that's additional legislation, and PJPOWER isn't down for any of that.
    Really?
    Before I could get my hunting license I had to take a 5 day hunter safety course. It taught me a lot.
  • Options
    Lol

Arguments stay the same.

Is anybody here not talking about limitations (types of weaponry available, magazine sizes, etc.)?

Silencers? Holy f**k, man. The inmates are running the asylum. They've even elected a madman to front the movement.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I have hearing loss in my right ear from shooting rifles (the kind used to kill animals- not school children).

Not in a million years would I advocate for silencers, nor would any other current or ex hunter I know.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I have hearing loss in my right ear from shooting rifles (the kind used to kill animals- not school children).

Not in a million years would I advocate for silencers, nor would any other current or ex hunter I know.

You evidently don't get out much these days. Almost all hunters I know (and I know a lot) advocate for suppressors. Don't lie, you have never hunted in your life.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    rgambs said:

I bitch and moan about piles of bodies, you bitch and moan about laws that impinge on your killing machines, I sleep just fine at night without starting any safety courses lol

Except that I do go to and support safety courses. You, on the other hand, only bitch and moan on online forums. And yes, safety courses make a ton of difference. You can tell which people have never attended them because they will constantly cross others with their muzzle at the range or out hunting. Safety 101, never point a gun (loaded or unloaded) at something you do not want to destroy.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.

I'm down for requiring hunter safety courses before you can hunt. I just do not advocate more laws that will not be enforced in a feel good attempt to solve problems. I would advocate spending some tax dollars for legislation to give incentives to take safety courses...win for all, except those anti-gun nutters that are hell bent on punishing gun owners...
  • Options

Lol

Arguments stay the same.

Is anybody here not talking about limitations (types of weaponry available, magazine sizes, etc.)?

Silencers? Holy f**k, man. The inmates are running the asylum. They've even elected a madman to front the movement.

I fail to see what is so wrong about a silencer. It's scary to you like those military style weapons. Lots of hunters and pretty much everyone i've talked to on the range would love to have silencers.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

Except that I do go to and support safety courses. You, on the other hand, only bitch and moan on online forums. And yes, safety courses make a ton of difference. You can tell which people have never attended them because they will constantly cross others with their muzzle at the range or out hunting. Safety 101, never point a gun (loaded or unloaded) at something you do not want to destroy.
    Yeah, you just covered the fundamental principle of gun safety in 1 sentence. Good stuff.
    If only these mass shooters had taken safety courses, all would be well!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

Yeah, you just covered the fundamental principle of gun safety in 1 sentence. Good stuff.
    If only these mass shooters had taken safety courses, all would be well!
    Sarcasm, I'm flattered! Keep bitching and moaning about laws that will never happen, that's sure to stop them. Look, now you can be flattered too :). Anyways, been a fun discussing. Going to go crawl into my safe place for the weekend. Laters Gators!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

You evidently don't get out much these days. Almost all hunters I know (and I know a lot) advocate for suppressors. Don't lie, you have never hunted in your life.
    F**k off.

I don't get out at all any more and I've said this several times. But I grew up hunting with my father in the interior of British Columbia.

We've got actual forests in BC. Lots of rivers and remote lakes for fishing too. It's not some dust bed like Texas where you pay a rich rancher for some canned hunt like you and your chums likely partake in- fresh off the gun range with your at-15s 'feeling awesome' and rather large.

But yah... back to the point... f**k off. Don't call bullshit on me. You don't even know me.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Lol

Arguments stay the same.

I fail to see what is so wrong about a silencer. It's scary to you like those military style weapons. Lots of hunters and pretty much everyone i've talked to on the range would love to have silencers.
    It's not scary at all.

What's scary is the mentality where people refuse to acknowledge a problem that is as big as a golf ball sized pimple on the very tip of your nose.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,251
    edited January 2017
    I don't see the need for a silencer at any time when using a gun. When you're at the range, you use hearing protection, eye wear, etc. and when you're hunting you never have any of those things because it isn't a necessity since you're not firing hundreds of rounds or around lots of gun fire.

A silencer may not necessarily correlate to more gun violence, but it could increase the likelihood that a shooter isn't as easily detected. With the current technology being implemented to detect the sound of gunshots in cities, it would be nice not to limit it's effectiveness. Why go down a road that could make it less noticeable and cause more of a problem.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

I don't see the need for a silencer at any time when using a gun. When you're at the range, you use hearing protection, eye wear, etc. and when you're hunting you never have any of those things because it isn't a necessity since you're not firing hundreds of rounds or around lots of gun fire.

A silencer may not necessarily correlate to more gun violence, but it could increase the likelihood that a shooter isn't as easily detected. With the current technology being implemented to detect the sound of gunshots in cities, it would be nice not to limit it's effectiveness. Why go down a road that could make it less noticeable and cause more of a problem.

Don't you know, any restrictions are a persecution of gun enthusiasts!
    They will argue tactical applications on their own forums all day long and then go out in the world and decry restrictions on those tactical appointments by claiming they have no practical use. It's insanity.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    to own a hand gun means you are willing to kill. not me. and don't give me the self defense argument. it rarely happens.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

do you realize how ridiculously easy it is to make a home made silencer? last time i checked home made silencers have not been used in any crimes.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    vaggar99 said:

to own a hand gun means you are willing to kill. not me. and don't give me the self defense argument. it rarely happens.

Then you must be totally against nuclear weapons.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

vaggar99 said:

Then you must be totally against nuclear weapons.
    pretty much. i see where you are going with this. at this point, nukes exist just to exist. not the same as guns which are used all the time.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    what i've heard so many times from gun owners: 'you steal from me, i will kill you'. that's not self defense.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,251
    mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

do you realize how ridiculously easy it is to make a home made silencer? last time i checked home made silencers have not been used in any crimes.
    Yep, but yet it's enough of a difficulty that people don't do it unless they are an extremist. It's also easy to make your own food, change your own oil, etc., but yet people still pay these industries huge amounts of money even though it's more expensive. People always default to convenience and simplicity. Let's not make something easier that could have a significant negative impact. I'll take my chances on someone making their own silencer any day.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

what i've heard so many times from gun owners: 'you steal from me, i will kill you'. that's not self defense.

Nobody on this forum has ever said that.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

tbergs said:

Yep, but yet it's enough of a difficulty that people don't do it unless they are an extremist. It's also easy to make your own food, change your own oil, etc., but yet people still pay these industries huge amounts of money even though it's more expensive. People always default to convenience and simplicity. Let's not make something easier that could have a significant negative impact. I'll take my chances on someone making their own silencer any day.
    Good points bud.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

vaggar99 said:

Pretty sure Unsung has, in effect if not in letter.
    Also, this forum is not a cross-section of America, and I definitely have neighbors who would shoot people over their stuff.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

vaggar99 said:

Pretty sure Unsung has, in effect if not in letter.
    Also, this forum is not a cross-section of America, and I definitely have neighbors who would shoot people over their stuff.
    Interesting. Where exactly do you live?
This discussion has been closed.