Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

Any gun owners feeling the time crunch? Only two weeks left until Obama takes em all.

I am personally focusing on positive change like national carry reciprocity and the the hearing protection act being passed :)
    Will that make ear plugs legal?
    Hopefully silencers will soon be legal!
    What could go wrong?
    Fewer deaf people? Wait, that's a good thing :)
    When my father in law hunts with his 30.06 he has to take his hearing aids out. I m thinking a silencer could help him out a bit. But the anti gunners who know nothing about silencers fear then because they ve watched one too many mob movies lol.
    I think you are right in a lot of cases. I would call those movies fake media, lol. "Fake news" even! Ohhhs noooooooos!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,961
    From what I m reading on CNN, the shooter was an Iraqi war veteran who was hearing voices in his head for some time. Damn I wish our vets were given the proper care to avoid this.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

Any gun owners feeling the time crunch? Only two weeks left until Obama takes em all.

I am personally focusing on positive change like national carry reciprocity and the the hearing protection act being passed :)
    What could go wrong?
    When my father in law hunts with his 30.06 he has to take his hearing aids out. I m thinking a silencer could help him out a bit. But the anti gunners who know nothing about silencers fear then because they ve watched one too many mob movies lol.
    Seems like you guys are afraid of ear plugs.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    How would a silencer increase crime?
    I just asked what could go wrong if you remove a layer of accountability when a human is handling something dangerous.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    I wear ear plugs every time I shoot at a range. Hunting is a different story. It s pretty obvious you haven't hunted before.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    I wear ear plugs every time I shoot at a range. Hunting is a different story. It s pretty obvious you haven't hunted before.
    Meh, ear plugs are lame. I use the sound amplifying ear muffs! I hate being out on a deer hunt and not being able to hear my environment. Which again is probably 1/2 the reason I have trouble hearing...PJ did the rest, lol
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Sounds like a guy travelling with his legal gun. He was a good guy with a gun, until he wasn't.

Oh...is that what it sounds like? It sounds like a known wolf to most everbody else.
    Remember, it s always ok to make quick generalizations and assumptions on this forum when it comes to people using firearms illegally. God forbid you call someone a terrorist though....
    Doesn't help your case that someone like that was able to travel with a gun. Maybe we should make it easier for folks like him to own and travel with guns, sounds like a solution to me.

Good job guys, hopefully Trump will make the laws even more relaxed.
    How doesn't that help my case? 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding citizens. Why is it that the .1% of people who abuse these laws represent all gun owners?
    And unless you have a crystal ball, i m not seeing how trump is going to make gun laws more lax. What would that entail?
    I love how this thread was bumped for the first time in a month
    Your incoming president.

Trump says Orlando shooting wouldn't have been so deadly if clubgoers had guns

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/clinton-trump-lgbt-national-security-1.3636276

I'm happy you're okay with the .1% that were able to kill the 5 today and the countless other mass shootings in the past couple of decades....all so you can get your rocks off at the shooting range. I'm sure the victims family members feel the same way.

YEEEHAAAWW!!!
  • Options
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Sounds like a guy travelling with his legal gun. He was a good guy with a gun, until he wasn't.

Oh...is that what it sounds like? It sounds like a known wolf to most everbody else.
    Remember, it s always ok to make quick generalizations and assumptions on this forum when it comes to people using firearms illegally. God forbid you call someone a terrorist though....
    Doesn't help your case that someone like that was able to travel with a gun. Maybe we should make it easier for folks like him to own and travel with guns, sounds like a solution to me.

How doesn't that help my case? 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding citizens. Why is it that the .1% of people who abuse these laws represent all gun owners?
    And unless you have a crystal ball, i m not seeing how trump is going to make gun laws more lax. What would that entail?
    Your incoming president.

I'm happy you're okay with the .1% that were able to kill the 5 today and the countless other mass shootings in the past couple of decades....all so you can get your rocks off at the shooting range. I'm sure the victims family members feel the same way.

YEEEHAAAWW!!!
    Let me pull out my crystal demention changing ball where I can see what "would have happened". A carrying off duty officer or someone else with training may have changed things a little, right? No one knows...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    Meh, ear plugs are lame. I use the sound amplifying ear muffs! I hate being out on a deer hunt and not being able to hear my environment. Which again is probably 1/2 the reason I have trouble hearing...PJ did the rest, lol
    Yeah my hearing is probably shot for the same reasons lol. 57 pj shows with mcready shredding has destroyed me. Plus having five kids doesn't help!
    Hopefully going to the range in the next week. I still have a new ruger 10/22 and m1 garand that needs firing. Oh, i just got in the mail a final piece to finish a ww2 1903 Springfield. So pumped.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Your incoming president.

YEEEHAAAWW!!!
    My incoming president? I m guessing you live outside the us?
    Yeeehaaaww? Are you watching spaghetti westerns or something?

And the hell would be ok with people killing other people? You are way too dramatic. Relax.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    I understand how it applies to hunting. So the silencers would be limited for use with hunting rifles?
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    I understand how it applies to hunting. So the silencers would be limited for use with hunting rifles?
    Yeah, I can totally see where you're trying to lead this. Are we really going to jump into a "what is a hunting rifle" discussion for the thousandth time? I would say that they would be practical on any firearm that someone would like to not be as annoyingly loud. I've seen people here say that they get annoyed by the noise of neighbors target practicing...some places even have silencer ordinances to reduce noise.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    Yeah, I can totally see where you're trying to lead this. Are we really going to jump into a "what is a hunting rifle" discussion for the thousandth time? I would say that they would be practical on any firearm that someone would like to not be as annoyingly loud. I've seen people here say that they get annoyed by the noise of neighbors target practicing...some places even have silencer ordinances to reduce noise.
    All good points. Go beavers you didn't answer my question: how would legalizing silencers increase crime?
    To me a silencer is like an accessory on a gun. I.e. A scope, a forward grip, a collapsible stock, etc
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    All good points. Go beavers you didn't answer my question: how would legalizing silencers increase crime?
    To me a silencer is like an accessory on a gun. I.e. A scope, a forward grip, a collapsible stock, etc
    Making it easier to kill someone without others noticing seems like a person may choose to go that route. I guess my logic is that if it's easier to get away with something, then people are more likely to do it.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    I wasn't going into what's a hunting rifle discussion. I was just wondering what the appeal is.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    Making it easier to kill someone without others noticing seems like a person may choose to go that route. I guess my logic is that if it's easier to get away with something, then people are more likely to do it.
    A silencer lowers the dB level but it is still loud as shit. A silencer on a 22 would make it sound like a BB gun. Damn near everything else would still be pretty damn loud
  • Options
    FLF false flag event. Sponsored by Trump handlers to make Scott look presidential and justify building the wall. Tolerate. Evil Doers. Sanders tweet says so.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Hey! I know! Come on over to the house and let's go shooting! We'll vote on whether it's a, (place your local target here, airport, government center, local elementary school, busy Main Street, mall, nightclub, fast food joint or random neighbor who doesn't look like you), and then there will be silencers available cuz don't want you to hurt your ears, you need 'em see?

http://www.boston.com/news/crime/2017/01/06/83-guns-seized-from-lexington-man-accused-of-harassing-black-neighbors
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    "Cuz like I have 83 rooms in my house and I'm a poor shot so I like to try again," said the defendant. Said defendant lives in a two room sub-basement, bunker like apartment. When asked why he needed so much ammo, the defendant claimed, " he goes to the range to keep from being rusty." And, " it makes his aim true." Trump tweeted, " 2nd amendment isn't like the 1st! Sad!"

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Hey! I know! Come on over to the house and let's go shooting! We'll vote on whether it's a, (place your local target here, airport, government center, local elementary school, busy Main Street, mall, nightclub, fast food joint or random neighbor who doesn't look like you), and then there will be silencers available cuz don't want you to hurt your ears, you need 'em see?

http://www.boston.com/news/crime/2017/01/06/83-guns-seized-from-lexington-man-accused-of-harassing-black-neighbors

False flag! Obama's last gasp to grab your guns!! Stay strong 9th Amend! So sad.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    A silencer lowers the dB level but it is still loud as shit. A silencer on a 22 would make it sound like a BB gun. Damn near everything else would still be pretty damn loud
    If everything else is loud, then what's the advantage using a silencer when hunting?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    If everything else is loud, then what's the advantage using a silencer when hunting?
    Stickman's statement was not entirely true. There are plenty of hunting caliber that would not be "loud as shit". I guess "loud as shit" is all about perspective though. He is right in the respect that they do not make the guns completely silent like Hollywood fake news would lead you to believe(contrary to the term "silencer") though and the Db level is going to depend on the caliber and speed of the bullet (super sonic creates sonic boom). It will lower the decibel level in many calibers to a level that will not cause hearing damage, but you are still going to hear the sound of the bullet flying through the air.
    I've also talked to people with experience that say silencers actually can make it easier to spot where a gunshot is coming from because of the lack of deafening boom and the echoing associated with it, so that would maybe make them a poor choice for mass shooters...Also to mention is the psychological impact from a loud, ear ringing concussion from a muzzle blast probably makes situations more chaotic. People are afraid of things they know nothing about...
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    The only advantage to it is your hearing gets saved. It doesn't make you shoot more accurate or farther.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Turn this around. Any gun control advocates feeling the time crunch? Only two weeks left and lame duck Obama hasn't done shit!
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Estaban Santiago still fighting the Iraq war in ft lauderdale. How about our intelligence services? Iraq vet tells them isis took over his mind....US Intel, you're fine son, thanks for your service.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

That line is just as tired and worn out...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

but it's true lol. And I don't think that line has been used that much because most of the people who post in this thread are anti 2nd amendment.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.
    So what? I don't give a damn about a whiny hobbyists complaints about what is fair and what isn't.
    Booo-fucking-hooo is all I hear from the pro-gun crowd.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And true.
    So what? I don't give a damn about a whiny hobbyists complaints about what is fair and what isn't.
    Booo-fucking-hooo is all I hear from the pro-gun crowd.
    You sure it's the pro-gun crowd boo-hooing? If you don't give a damn about hobbyists, how can you expect them to give a damn about you or what you consider fair? Respect goes both ways.
This discussion has been closed.