Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    CM189191 said:

reset the clock

Well if you payed attention to Shitcago news, this counter would not even exist.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

reset the clock

Well if you payed attention to Shitcago news, this counter would not even exist.
    http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Date State # Killed # Injured
    6-Jan-17 Florida 5 8
    4-Jan-17 California 3 1
    3-Jan-17 Texas 0 4
    1-Jan-17 Mississippi 0 5
    1-Jan-17 Florida 0 7
    1-Jan-17 Texas 1 3

One of these things is not like the other....

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Shooter's name is Esteban Santiago. 26 yr old. US citizen. Military ID found on him. Used handgun.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

reset the clock

6-Jan-17 Florida 5 8
    4-Jan-17 California 3 1
    3-Jan-17 Texas 0 4
    1-Jan-17 Mississippi 0 5
    1-Jan-17 Florida 0 7
    1-Jan-17 Texas 1 3

Right you are...
    http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/
    JAN. 1, 2017 - JAN. 6, 2017
    shooting victims
    JAN. 1, 2016 - DEC. 31, 2016
    shooting victims
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

reset the clock

6-Jan-17 Florida 5 8
    4-Jan-17 California 3 1
    3-Jan-17 Texas 0 4
    1-Jan-17 Mississippi 0 5
    1-Jan-17 Florida 0 7
    1-Jan-17 Texas 1 3

Right you are...
    shooting victims
    shooting victims
    it's all about perspective

The bottle's dusty, but the liquor's still clean
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,278
    PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

reset the clock

6-Jan-17 Florida 5 8
    4-Jan-17 California 3 1
    3-Jan-17 Texas 0 4
    1-Jan-17 Mississippi 0 5
    1-Jan-17 Florida 0 7
    1-Jan-17 Texas 1 3

Right you are...
    shooting victims
    shooting victims
    I believe the point is that the shootings in Chicago, or most of the shootings in the US, aren't mass shootings. Yes, it is a mass of shootings in an area, but not a mass amount of people being shot in a single instance by the same individual(s). Either way, it's fucking horrible.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

reset the clock

6-Jan-17 Florida 5 8
    4-Jan-17 California 3 1
    3-Jan-17 Texas 0 4
    1-Jan-17 Mississippi 0 5
    1-Jan-17 Florida 0 7
    1-Jan-17 Texas 1 3

Right you are...
    shooting victims
    shooting victims
    I believe the point is that the shootings in Chicago, or most of the shootings in the US, aren't mass shootings. Yes, it is a mass of shootings in an area, but not a mass amount of people being shot in a single instance by the same individual(s). Either way, it's fucking horrible.
    I most definitely agree with the last statement and as cm posted, it's all perspective.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Sounds like a guy travelling with his legal gun. He was a good guy with a gun, until he wasn't.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,953
    dignin said:

Sounds like a guy travelling with his legal gun. He was a good guy with a gun, until he wasn't.

Isn't everyone a Good person until they break the law?
    By the way, can you not use the same damn line every single time?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dignin said:

Yeah, um, are we sure he was traveling legally with it?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

Yeah, um, are we sure he was traveling legally with it?
    I read on CNN that he had it checked in his luggage and declared. Once he picked up his bag at baggage claim he went into the restroom, got out his gun and started blasting. http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/us/fort-lauderdale-airport-incident/index.html
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    Any gun owners feeling the time crunch? Only two weeks left until Obama takes em all.
  • Options

Any gun owners feeling the time crunch? Only two weeks left until Obama takes em all.

I am personally focusing on positive change like national carry reciprocity and the the hearing protection act being passed :)
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    dignin said:

Bingo
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I am personally focusing on positive change like national carry reciprocity and the the hearing protection act being passed :)
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

I think that may be the first time I've used that line, and it's very appropriate given the circumstances. If your offended I can recommend many wonderful safe places for you to hang out at, given my libtardedness.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

I think that may be the first time I've used that line, and it's very appropriate given the circumstances. If your offended I can recommend many wonderful safe places for you to hang out at, given my libtardedness.

That line has been used way too many times in this thread. It gets old. Be more creative. Be more original.
    And why would I be offended? It just gets annoying hearing the same line over and over again.

By the way, Why would you call yourself a libtardedness? What does that even mean?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

Oh...is that what it sounds like? It sounds like a known wolf to most everbody else.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Oh...is that what it sounds like? It sounds like a known wolf to most everbody else.
    Remember, it s always ok to make quick generalizations and assumptions on this forum when it comes to people using firearms illegally. God forbid you call someone a terrorist though....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Remember, it s always ok to make quick generalizations and assumptions on this forum when it comes to people using firearms illegally. God forbid you call someone a terrorist though....
    Doesn't help your case that someone like that was able to travel with a gun. Maybe we should make it easier for folks like him to own and travel with guns, sounds like a solution to me.

Good job guys, hopefully Trump will make the laws even more relaxed.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Just find out their race and religion to see if they meet the terrorist criteria.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Doesn't help your case that someone like that was able to travel with a gun. Maybe we should make it easier for folks like him to own and travel with guns, sounds like a solution to me.

And it doesn't help your case by leaping to conclusions based on minimal reporting.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Will that make ear plugs legal?
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

Hopefully silencers will soon be legal!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

And it doesn't help your case by leaping to conclusions based on minimal reporting.
    What conclusion? I said it was reported he had the gun legally, that's still being reported. You seem a little confused.
  • Options
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

How doesn't that help my case? 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding citizens. Why is it that the .1% of people who abuse these laws represent all gun owners?
    And unless you have a crystal ball, i m not seeing how trump is going to make gun laws more lax. What would that entail?
    I love how this thread was bumped for the first time in a month
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    How would a silencer increase crime?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    Fewer deaf people? Wait, that's a good thing :). It will actually be a great thing for hunters. You've been to concerts, you know what hearing loss is all about, lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJPOWER said:

What could go wrong?
    Fewer deaf people? Wait, that's a good thing :)
    When my father in law hunts with his 30.06 he has to take his hearing aids out. I m thinking a silencer could help him out a bit. But the anti gunners who know nothing about silencers fear then because they ve watched one too many mob movies lol.
This discussion has been closed.