unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

All gun laws are infringements. We won't comply.

Infringement on what?
    Why bother asking a follow up to that? No answer will have any reasoning.
    It is a question that he already knows the answer to.
    I was thinking laws were part of a well regulated militia.
    Ok, I am in a militia.
    Good for you. Leave your armaments at the armory. When you're called to duty, you can go pick them up.
    That defeats the purpose. If the militia were called up all an aggressor would need to do is capture the depot ahead of time.

Maybe you misunderstand why there are militias.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice. What are you going to do when you're 46?
    No ageism in my State Militia.
    Even as a grandad, you'll follow those orders from your governor.
    And you'll still be crying that Hillary lost.
    Our militia gives me that freedom to cry!
    Actually no it doesn't, nor does anyone give you freedom. You have that right by birth.

And nobody currently fights to retain or defend your freedom.
    A right to freedom by birth is philosophical jumbo jimble and word play. I'm actually not entitled to anything at birth. My freedom is based on where I happen to be and laws, rules, faith and trust in a system created by people in the place I happen to be in. What I do within that system is mostly up to me.
    So you are totally dependent on whatever government happens to be in charge? Got it.
    Saying "totally dependent" would be you trying to guide the conversation to your view. I'm saying government, combined with society, puts up the fence around the field. I get to play in the field.
    But you admittedly play on their field.

Wouldn't you prefer more input?

Do you own yourself?
    I do own myself. A big part of this is grasping reality vs perception. Finding what my choices are. Knowing what I can change and what I can't. I know what is worthy of my emotional tension, and what's not.

Giving input into a flawed human system to create change is different than feeling like I'm in a constant struggle of freedom vs control with the government.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited December 2016
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Key word: supplement.

The Revolutionary War wouldn't have been won if all of the armaments were stored in one location.

The militias, who kept arms at home, were able to respond very quickly to issue and defend the country. Had they needed to round up their horse and head to an armory in order to shoot a redcoat I doubt they would have been called "Minutemen".

You would fail at strategy.

Minutemen equipment, training, and tactics
    Most Colonial militia units were provided neither arms nor uniforms and were required to equip themselves. Many simply wore their own farmers' or workmans' clothes and, in some cases, they wore cloth hunting frocks. Most used fowling pieces, though rifles were sometimes used where available. Neither fowling pieces nor rifles had bayonets. Some colonies purchased muskets, cartridge boxes, and bayonets from England, and maintained armories within the colony.

(those were the well-regulated ones)
    Well-regulated did not mean make all of your restrictions and infringements and deal with it.

Well-regulated meant to be kept in proper working order, maintained. Ready for use.

But yeah, good luck with your desires with gun laws. Nobody cares. People won't comply.

I'm pretty sure well-related means exact that; and currently we are very clearly not well-regulated.

So what happens when one of the amendments no longer support the Preamble?

Don't we have a duty to revise or repeal?
    In what context?
    ....in the context of reality...???

I'm sorry that had to be explicitly stated
    I meant specifically which part you are referring.

No need to be a db.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Key word: supplement.

The Revolutionary War wouldn't have been won if all of the armaments were stored in one location.

The militias, who kept arms at home, were able to respond very quickly to issue and defend the country. Had they needed to round up their horse and head to an armory in order to shoot a redcoat I doubt they would have been called "Minutemen".

You would fail at strategy.

Minutemen equipment, training, and tactics
    Most Colonial militia units were provided neither arms nor uniforms and were required to equip themselves. Many simply wore their own farmers' or workmans' clothes and, in some cases, they wore cloth hunting frocks. Most used fowling pieces, though rifles were sometimes used where available. Neither fowling pieces nor rifles had bayonets. Some colonies purchased muskets, cartridge boxes, and bayonets from England, and maintained armories within the colony.

(those were the well-regulated ones)
    Well-regulated did not mean make all of your restrictions and infringements and deal with it.

Well-regulated meant to be kept in proper working order, maintained. Ready for use.

But yeah, good luck with your desires with gun laws. Nobody cares. People won't comply.

I'm pretty sure well-related means exact that; and currently we are very clearly not well-regulated.

So what happens when one of the amendments no longer support the Preamble?

In what context?
    ....in the context of reality...???

I'm sorry that had to be explicitly stated
    I meant specifically which part you are referring.

No need to be a db.
    You kind of forced my hand with that goofy context question.

What happens when one of the amendments no longer support the Preamble?

What other context do you need?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.
    Good for you. Leave your armaments at the armory. When you're called to duty, you can go pick them up.
    That defeats the purpose. If the militia were called up all an aggressor would need to do is capture the depot ahead of time.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice. What are you going to do when you're 46?
    Actually no it doesn't, nor does anyone give you freedom. You have that right by birth.

A right to freedom by birth is philosophical jumbo jimble and word play. I'm actually not entitled to anything at birth. My freedom is based on where I happen to be and laws, rules, faith and trust in a system created by people in the place I happen to be in. What I do within that system is mostly up to me.
    So you are totally dependent on whatever government happens to be in charge? Got it.
    Why not? You are.
    Not really. I can do almost anything I want to, they don't need to know my daily life. I have many avenues where I opt out that most don't.
    I work in insurance. We investigate people all the time. You've not opted out of the system as much as you think you might have. If wet can find you, the FBI CIA DHS NSA ICE ATF can find you. I assure you, your daily life is out there on record to be dug up at any time whether you like it or not.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Saying "totally dependent" would be you trying to guide the conversation to your view. I'm saying government, combined with society, puts up the fence around the field. I get to play in the field.

Do you own yourself?
    I do own myself. A big part of this is grasping reality vs perception. Finding what my choices are. Knowing what I can change and what I can't. I know what is worthy of my emotional tension, and what's not.

Giving input into a flawed human system to create change is different than feeling like I'm in a constant struggle of freedom vs control with the government.
    No, where we differ is you want to be able to control what I do, what I own, tax my earnings, etc.

I want you to run your own life, keep your money, and as long as you aren't harming others do whatever you want.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,727
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

No, where we differ is you want to be able to control what I do, what I own, tax my earnings, etc.

I want you to run your own life, keep your money, and as long as you aren't harming others do whatever you want.
    I understand taxes are part of a free society. When I know this and understand it, I'm free from feeling victimized from my monthly withholdings.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

You sound like your bordering on sovereign citizenship.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Butt hurt Obama is the best gun seller of all time! And I'm not even talking about the "Fast and Furious" stuff!
    http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/12/08/failed-president-really-angry-failed-gut-constitution-eight-years/
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Butt hurt Obama is the best gun seller of all time! And I'm not even talking about the "Fast and Furious" stuff!
    http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/12/08/failed-president-really-angry-failed-gut-constitution-eight-years/

That article isn't about Obama being butt hurt, it's about a segment of the population that's delusional.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

I understand taxes are part of a free society. When I know this and understand it, I'm free from feeling victimized from my monthly withholdings.
    But somehow you think government gives you rights.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

Sounds like your against taxes? So if you're poor and the government doesn't supply any services, who pays for police when you are getting robbed, or the fire department when your house is burning? And if you can't afford private school, you just get a job and work in a factory when you turn 5?
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

I get the whole debate on amt thing, but you can contradict yourself while doing it. You've referenced rights given by the government many times in gun threads, specifically the 2nd amendment. That's a clear example of government giving you rights.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

I get the whole debate on amt thing, but you can contradict yourself while doing it. You've referenced rights given by the government many times in gun threads, specifically the 2nd amendment. That's a clear example of government giving you rights.
    Just for argument sake, are rights like freedom of speech, privacy, etc government rights or are they inalienable rights that governments should not take away?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

Just for argument sake, are rights like freedom of speech, privacy, etc government rights or are they inalienable rights that governments should not take away?
    They're values created by people and then this manifested into government values as well as cultural values. If there's an amt historian, maybe they could comment how these values bubbled up from the people to the government, or vice-versa. Saying something is an inalienable right is still just a cultural term and words on paper that leads to laws and freedoms. Across the globe we've set up laws and freedoms differently. These are all created by people. Usuing the term inalienable makes me hesistate because it suggests they're sent from above, and some people might take that notion a bit too far with nationalism or this general sense that we're somehow better than the others.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

They're values created by people and then this manifested into government values as well as cultural values. If there's an amt historian, maybe they could comment how these values bubbled up from the people to the government, or vice-versa. Saying something is an inalienable right is still just a cultural term and words on paper that leads to laws and freedoms. Across the globe we've set up laws and freedoms differently. These are all created by people. Usuing the term inalienable makes me hesistate because it suggests they're sent from above, and some people might take that notion a bit too far with nationalism or this general sense that we're somehow better than the others.
    So if what I understand you to be saying, no one has any rights to anything without a government telling them they do. I see where you are coming from, but you would have to include all "rights" distinguished in the amendments into that criteria, not just the second. The thing is, though, that "inalienable" rights were exactly what many of the rights in the constitution were based around by the framers of the constitution. They believed that these rights were sent from above and based laws around them. The "right" to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness were believed to be "God given" rights, not government given.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

So if what I understand you to be saying, no one has any rights to anything without a government telling them they do. I see where you are coming from, but you would have to include all "rights" distinguished in the amendments into that criteria, not just the second. The thing is, though, that "inalienable" rights were exactly what many of the rights in the constitution were based around by the framers of the constitution. They believed that these rights were sent from above and based laws around them. The "right" to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness were believed to be "God given" rights, not government given.
    If the framers thought that, that's cool. But they were their own values, regardless of where those values came from. People wrote those on paper. People made the rules and enforce them, or they don't make rules about other things, i.e. Freedoms. At a very basic level, people gather and work in groups. If you stripped down all the laws tomorrow, we would reconvene in a week or two to make new laws and figure out how to make them and how to enforce them.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

No, that is not true. 2A is there to protect the existing Right, not to grant it.

Government can only do two things to Rights, protect them, or take them away.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

No, that is not true. 2A is there to protect the existing Right, not to grant it.

Government can only do two things to Rights, protect them, or take them away.
    The 2nd amendement decided to put rules around something. I have the right to own a gun, or a baseball bat. You're coming at it from a different perspective, saying it's inclusion into the Constitution is saying it's a right that needs to be protected. I see it's inclusion as a reference to the militia at the time. It could be seen as a protection to maintain militias and not guns.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mace1229 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

Sounds like your against taxes? So if you're poor and the government doesn't supply any services, who pays for police when you are getting robbed, or the fire department when your house is burning? And if you can't afford private school, you just get a job and work in a factory when you turn 5?
    Unsung won't answer questions like this, they are beneath him because they come from statists.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mace1229 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Do you own yourself?

Unsung won't answer questions like this, they are beneath him because they come from statists.
    He solves problems with some backyard 'wrastlin.
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Who needs laws & regulations?
    (Officer) Yanez now contends he knew Reynolds and Castile had been smoking before he pulled them over that night, as "the smell of marijuana permeated the Castile automobile."
    His lawyers say smoking that evening had effectively rendered Castile's firearms permit invalid: "Narcotic users are not eligible to own, let alone carry, a firearm on their person."
    Judge, Jury and Executioner
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:
    Who needs laws & regulations?
    (Officer) Yanez now contends he knew Reynolds and Castile had been smoking before he pulled them over that night, as "the smell of marijuana permeated the Castile automobile."
    His lawyers say smoking that evening had effectively rendered Castile's firearms permit invalid: "Narcotic users are not eligible to own, let alone carry, a firearm on their person."
    Judge, Jury and Executioner
    Not sure why you quoted me? Are you arguing against police violence or gun violence? There are quite a few laws regarding an officer's certification to carry and use firearms...? Am I missing something? Maybe your article would be a better fit in the police violence thread? I just pointed out that it is no wonder people are skeptical of new laws and posted the article about New York and their inability to implement them due to the state's inadequacies...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    reset the clock
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    3 reported dead and nine injured at Ft. Lauderdale Airport shooting.

Seeing as this happened in Florida, the possible motive runs the entire gambit from ISIS all the way to a disgruntled alligator farmer high on bath salts.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

3 reported dead and nine injured at Ft. Lauderdale Airport shooting.

Seeing as this happened in Florida, the possible motive runs the entire gambit from ISIS all the way to a disgruntled alligator farmer high on bath salts.

Shooter in custody. Guessing it's not ISIS.
This discussion has been closed.