Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    I liked that picture. I think it clearly depicts the average gun owner in the US lol.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

All gun laws are infringements. We won't comply.

Infringement on what?
    Why bother asking a follow up to that? No answer will have any reasoning.
    It is a question that he already knows the answer to.
    I was thinking laws were part of a well regulated militia.
    Ok, I am in a militia.
    Good for you. Leave your armaments at the armory. When you're called to duty, you can go pick them up.
    That defeats the purpose. If the militia were called up all an aggressor would need to do is capture the depot ahead of time.

Maybe you misunderstand why there are militias.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice. What are you going to do when you're 46?
    No ageism in my State Militia.
    Even as a grandad, you'll follow those orders from your governor.
    And you'll still be crying that Hillary lost.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,985

I liked that picture. I think it clearly depicts the average gun owner in the US lol.

So if he had a Labatt's in his hand he'd be living north of the border?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

So if he had a Labatt's in his hand he'd be living north of the border?
    Lol

Only with a toque!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,798
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.
    Good for you. Leave your armaments at the armory. When you're called to duty, you can go pick them up.
    That defeats the purpose. If the militia were called up all an aggressor would need to do is capture the depot ahead of time.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice. What are you going to do when you're 46?
    Our militia gives me that freedom to cry!
  • Options
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Maybe you misunderstand why there are armories.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

For the military.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Actually no it doesn't, nor does anyone give you freedom. You have that right by birth.

And nobody currently fights to retain or defend your freedom.
  • Options
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

For the military.
    ta-da!

mi·li·tia
    məˈliSHə
    noun
    noun: militia; plural noun: militias
    a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

mil·i·tar·y
    ˈmiləˌterē
    adjective
    adjective: military
    of, relating to, or characteristic of soldiers or armed forces.
    "both leaders condemned the buildup of military activity"
    synonyms: fighting, service, army, armed, defense, martial
    "military activity"
    antonyms: civilian
    noun
    noun: military; plural noun: militaries
    the armed forces of a country.
    "as a young man he joined the military and pursued a career in the Army"
    synonyms: (armed) forces, services, militia;
  • Options
    Key word: supplement.

The Revolutionary War wouldn't have been won if all of the armaments were stored in one location.

The militias, who kept arms at home, were able to respond very quickly to issue and defend the country. Had they needed to round up their horse and head to an armory in order to shoot a redcoat I doubt they would have been called "Minutemen".

You would fail at strategy.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    But excuse me for a moment while I go bang my head off the wall for trying to discuss history with a revisionist.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375

PJPOWER said:

rssesq said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

Dont forget "high powered" and "designed to kill".

High capacity barrel shroud with a retractable flash button, lol
    almost forgot sole purpose to mow down infants

One trigger pull equals 1 million multi caliber ghost bullets all at once...
    We all love our toys.
    unsung said:

The Revolutionary War wouldn't have been won if all of the armaments were stored in one location.

The militias, who kept arms at home, were able to respond very quickly to issue and defend the country. Had they needed to round up their horse and head to an armory in order to shoot a redcoat I doubt they would have been called "Minutemen".

Ah never mind ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    What this thread feels like after 147 pages:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Actually no it doesn't, nor does anyone give you freedom. You have that right by birth.

A right to freedom by birth is philosophical jumbo jimble and word play. I'm actually not entitled to anything at birth. My freedom is based on where I happen to be and laws, rules, faith and trust in a system created by people in the place I happen to be in. What I do within that system is mostly up to me.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Minutemen equipment, training, and tactics
    Most Colonial militia units were provided neither arms nor uniforms and were required to equip themselves. Many simply wore their own farmers' or workmans' clothes and, in some cases, they wore cloth hunting frocks. Most used fowling pieces, though rifles were sometimes used where available. Neither fowling pieces nor rifles had bayonets. Some colonies purchased muskets, cartridge boxes, and bayonets from England, and maintained armories within the colony.

(those were the well-regulated ones)
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

What this thread feels like after 147 pages:

Unsung at least kicked it up a couple notches with the old 'Pry it from my cold, dead hands' comment (or something like that). Someone contributed a pretty awesome picture of a gun loving guitar hero guy... that was cool.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

A right to freedom by birth is philosophical jumbo jimble and word play. I'm actually not entitled to anything at birth. My freedom is based on where I happen to be and laws, rules, faith and trust in a system created by people in the place I happen to be in. What I do within that system is mostly up to me.
    So you are totally dependent on whatever government happens to be in charge? Got it.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Most Colonial militia units were provided neither arms nor uniforms and were required to equip themselves. Many simply wore their own farmers' or workmans' clothes and, in some cases, they wore cloth hunting frocks. Most used fowling pieces, though rifles were sometimes used where available. Neither fowling pieces nor rifles had bayonets. Some colonies purchased muskets, cartridge boxes, and bayonets from England, and maintained armories within the colony.

Well-regulated did not mean make all of your restrictions and infringements and deal with it.

Well-regulated meant to be kept in proper working order, maintained. Ready for use.

But yeah, good luck with your desires with gun laws. Nobody cares. People won't comply.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

So you are totally dependent on whatever government happens to be in charge? Got it.
    Yeah, you are too. If you had been born in Bangladesh this would be a different conversation.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Why not? You are.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Saying "totally dependent" would be you trying to guide the conversation to your view. I'm saying government, combined with society, puts up the fence around the field. I get to play in the field.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

Well-regulated did not mean make all of your restrictions and infringements and deal with it.

Well-regulated meant to be kept in proper working order, maintained. Ready for use.

But yeah, good luck with your desires with gun laws. Nobody cares. People won't comply.

I'm pretty sure well-related means exact that; and currently we are very clearly not well-regulated.

Just a small price to pay I guess

So what happens when one of the amendments no longer support the Preamble?

Don't we have a duty to revise or repeal?
    Post edited by CM189191 on
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Saying "totally dependent" would be you trying to guide the conversation to your view. I'm saying government, combined with society, puts up the fence around the field. I get to play in the field.
    But you admittedly play on their field.

Wouldn't you prefer more input?

Do you own yourself?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

tbergs said:

unsung said:

Infringement on what?
    Ok, I am in a militia.

Why not? You are.
    Not really. I can do almost anything I want to, they don't need to know my daily life. I have many avenues where I opt out that most don't.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

I'm pretty sure well-related means exact that; and currently we are very clearly not well-regulated.

In what context?
  • Options
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

In what context?
    ....in the context of reality...???

I'm sorry that had to be explicitly stated
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,985
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

I guess it doesn't count when the british invaded us during the War of 1812.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

I guess it doesn't count when the british invaded us during the War of 1812.
    Finally we're on the same page. I knew you'd come around.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
This discussion has been closed.