Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    UKDave wrote:
    The wanderer ;):D:D

How's it going?

It's going good. I'm liking it. The food here alone is enough to make me stay for the duration.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Busy day. Just got home - 21:30pm. Still, can't complain. It beats being in an office in London for 8 hours.

but what time do you start - how long's your working day...?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:
    but what time do you start - how long's your working day...?

I start at 2pm. So not too bad. Only teach for 3 hours a day in total.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I start at 2pm. So not too bad. Only teach for 3 hours a day in total.

sounds like a pretty good Korea move then...!!!!!!! :o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    so Red has joined the boobie crew :):)

there's a boobie crew?! I think you're taking this all a tad too far. :o:confused: :eek:

:p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:

oh holy fuck... that pun should be shot :D

worlds greatest ever pun was when Inverness Caledonian (aka Inverness Caley) beat Celtic 4+1 in a scottish cup game!!!

Super Caley Go Ballistic Celtic Are Atrocious!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    There's no boobie crew.. that's boys wishful thinking.... :rolleyes:
    eMMI wrote:
    there's a boobie crew?! I think you're taking this all a tad too far. :o:confused: :eek:

:p

aye whatever.. just get them oot!!! :p
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    jrd wrote:

You deserve to be blindfolded, dressed up as a chicken and dropped into the middle of that big maze at Hampton court for that one! ;)
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You deserve to be blindfolded, dressed up as a chicken and dropped into the middle of that big maze at Hampton court for that one! ;)
    I had to read it 5 times before I got it :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I had to read it 5 times before I got it :o:D

a-maze-ing... ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    aye whatever.. just get them oot!!! :p

hahaha.

oh right, I forgot.. the inspections. :rolleyes:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    hahaha.

oh right, I forgot.. the inspections. :rolleyes:

well its only me and Al inspecting.. and you know us.. so it's ok :)

jrd = please stop it
    jrd wrote:
    a-maze-ing... ;)

O.k, o.k, that's enough already!
    You maze stop it now!
    dunkman wrote:
    jrd = please stop it

hmmm... i'll have to think about it...

...actually, you're lucky i've got to go and do some work now... can't stay around here all afternoon tossing off crap jokes...
    Byrnzie wrote:
    now!

not replying to your post.. just grabbing your attention..

what is the purpose of an Oyster card Byrnzie? i've been offered a free one, but will i have any use of it.. does it get me cheaper tube tickets or something?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:

what is the purpose of an Oyster card Byrnzie? i've been offered a free one, but will i have any use of it.. does it get me cheaper tube tickets or something?

Yep ... you put money on it ... will cost you £1.50 per Zone 1 journey up to maximum daily cost of a 50p less than a daily travelcard ... without it same journey £4
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dunkman wrote:

what is the purpose of an Oyster card Byrnzie?

what a non londoner question to ask!

Answer....
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/2732.aspx
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Chime wrote:
    Yep ... you put money on it ... will cost you £1.50 per Zone 1 journey up to maximum daily cost of a travelcard ... without it same journey £4

will it be worth it for the London thing where that band are playing?
    Chime wrote:
    Yep ... you put money on it ... will cost you £1.50 per Zone 1 journey up to maximum daily cost of a 50p less than a daily travelcard ... without it same journey £4

You took the words right out of my memory hole.
  • dunkman wrote:
    The band aren't playing in London. They're playing in Middlesex :p:D

Not in zone 1 but it'll get you there, just the same way as a car could get you from Calais to Hong Kong.
    dunkman wrote:

LESS than half-price ... and you're questioning it .... and you call yourself a Scot :eek: :rolleyes:
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    what a non londoner question to ask!

Answer....
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/2732.aspx

ok, so I get that card, put money into it
    and just hop on any tain, bus, etc?
    when there is no more money in the card, I put some more, and that's all?

where's the catch? :p

and thanks for the info
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Buru wrote:
    ok, so I get that card, put money into it
    and just hop on any tain, bus, etc?
    when there is no more money in the card, I put some more, and that's all?

where's the catch? :p

and thanks for the info

You pay £3 to get the card... but yes.. worthwhile.. can also get you on the night bus.. but careful.. not all trains.. DLR, etc. but not most trains... definitely tube and buses.. even buses outside of london (eg staines, etc.. should you wish to go to staines!)
    Chime wrote:
    LESS than half-price ... and you're questioning it .... and you call yourself a Scot :eek: :rolleyes:

i was wondering if i spent the £3 and then never used the card then i'd waste the £3.... now thats scottish :o:o
    dunkman wrote:
    well its only me and Al inspecting.. and you know us.. so it's ok :)

oh right, that makes me feel a whole lotta better. :rolleyes: :p
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    eMMI wrote:
    oh right, that makes me feel a whole lotta better. :rolleyes: :p

Don't you trust them?
    :rolleyes: :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    i was wondering if i spent the £3 and then never used the card then i'd waste the £3.... now thats scottish :o:o

my thoughts too though... maybe its a celtic thingy :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Buru wrote:
    Don't you trust them?
    :rolleyes: :D

lol. yeah, 'trust' has a whole lotta to do with it! :rolleyes: :p
    dunkman wrote:

:rolleyes: ... well I guess you can work out pretty much how many journeys you are going to take and in what zones and put that amount on ... should there be any money left you can save the card until next time you come down ... seen as it will be saving money on each journey if there ends up being £2 left on it it's not the end of the world is it :o

anyway should you wish to work out if it's worth it http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/TfL-Fares-Jan-2007(1).pdf