Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Hell - I hope! His reason for always being a shithead was according to his best mate because he knew he'd end up marrying me and it scared him! Well I'm getting married next year - and ut ain't to him!!!!
    So there!!!!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Thats the pains of living with two generations - get wrong off one, get wrong off both!!!! My mam and dad divorced when I was a bairn and we moved in with gran!

I'm a big girl now so I don't get grounded any more (although I'm still scared of my gran!!!!)

I think we're all still scared of our gran's, mine's a foot smaller than me and I'm still scared of her!

Glad to here you've got out of there!
    I need a coffee!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    redrock wrote:
    So there!!!!

Exactly!!!

I probably still would though!!!!

Na - only kidding - he got his hair cut and looks like a frog!!!!! I like my ginger freak of a boyfriend more!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Irish Al wrote:
    I think we're all still scared of our gran's, mine's a foot smaller than me and I'm still scared of her!

For my family it was my godmother - matriach of the family - tiny and scrawny but oh so commanding!
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Exactly!!!

I probably still would though!!!!

Na - only kidding - he got his hair cut and looks like a frog!!!!! I like my ginger freak of a boyfriend more!!!!

Of course - I forgot - the ginger freak (poor sod, making fun of him) so much spoken of already!
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    as long as we can bring a tv to watch the game though :o

Now that is quite funny....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Irish Al wrote:

She's class though - best gran in the world! 77 - works 3 days a week, does all our washing and ironing, makes us corned beef pies every month, has a better social life than me .... she's mint!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Dunky, the point I’m trying to make is that you may be interested in the pub culture in Ireland but it’s not all about you all the time ya know ;) . Some people actually ARE interested in the sporting culture in Ireland and other stuff and this thread IS about coming to Dublin and the whole travel aspect and all that

is so always about me :p

in all seriousness i would think that 90% of the people coming from the uk to see this gig are going to be doing exactly the same as each other

flight
    hotel
    touristy thing
    pub
    gig
    pub
    ,etc

i dont think that many are actually interested in hearing about hurling leagues or cups or whatever it was! they might appear interested and will nod politely and maybe even ask a question about it... i will show my enthusiasm though by yawning about it and ignoring the general hurling chit-chat :)

i bet you'd do the same if, on the day of the Astoria gig, England were playing some big cricket match against Australia and people were trying to tell you its a cultural sport in england and this is the biggest game since giants invented Twister, etc etc... you'd be as bored as hell!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I like my ginger freak of a boyfriend more!!!!

is he coming to Ireland foxyM?

the gig is in august mind... he'll need his Factor 4000 sun cream. ;)

woo-hoo post 2500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    Of course - I forgot - the ginger freak (poor sod, making fun of him) so much spoken of already!

He's lovely really!! I wouldn't be marrying him otherwise! You'll all meet him in Dublin!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    She's class though - best gran in the world! 77 - works 3 days a week, does all our washing and ironing, makes us corned beef pies every month, has a better social life than me .... she's mint!!!

Thats what I want. 70 heading down the pub with me mates for a few scoops, home watch the footie and listen to pearl jam and be on the net talking to you lot about that poster from 2006 tour and about the tix presale so we can all meet up the front of the community centre for the reunion tour!! (Eddie will do three solo albums after splitting up the band but mike will be the most successful solo artist of the lot. Jeff will win the world over 40 snowboarding title and I will have sung on stone's second album and the single with me singing on it will be the first and only single release from the album!!! - no wonder he's pissed!)
    I need a coffee!
    is he coming to Ireland foxyM?

the gig is in august mind... he'll need his Factor 4000 sun cream. ;)

woo-hoo post 2500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know - for a ginga he doesn't burn!!! And he's a good looking ginga too! Anyway he's funny - it's what made me fall in love with him - life is never dull!!!!! (puke vomit puke)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

I get your point HH but also Dunk's. I guess if people were coming over for a holiday, they would be much more open to everything the country has to offer. Here, you will have a bunch of people coming for one reason only - Pearl Jam. OK maybe for the guiness as well! They will arrive shortly before the gig and leave shortly after and will be completely pissed. What do expect from them?

PS - I'm interested in Irish culture - just not really a sports person (I need to keep the Irish happy!)
    foxymop79 wrote:
    You know - for a ginga he doesn't burn!!! And he's a good looking ginga too! Anyway he's funny - it's what made me fall in love with him - life is never dull!!!!! (puke vomit puke)
    Aaawwww.... sweet....
    redrock wrote:
    I get your point HH but also Dunk's. I guess if people were coming over for a holiday, they would be much more open to everything the country has to offer. Here, you will have a bunch of people coming for one reason only - Pearl Jam. OK maybe for the guiness as well! They will arrive shortly before the gig and leave shortly after and will be completely pissed. What do expect from them?

PS - I'm interested in Irish culture - just not really a sports person (I need to keep the Irish happy!)

i agree... if i was over for a week or something i'd be soaking in more of the irish way of life, try and get a flavour of it.. i mean Helen was in London for 3 days for the PJ gig and she probably spent 2.5 of those days in a pub ;)

its different for the likes of Newagehippie... this is a vacation for him.. to me its just an excuse to get pissed on a Wednesday :)

but i get your point hells.. just in this case the majority of us only wanna see PJ and the pub... its a short trip!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    i agree... if i was over for a week or something i'd be soaking in more of the irish way of life, try and get a flavour of it.. i mean Helen was in London for 3 days for the PJ gig and she probably spent 2.5 of those days in a pub ;)

its different for the likes of Newagehippie... this is a vacation for him.. to me its just an excuse to get pissed on a Wednesday :)

but i get your point hells.. just in this case the majority of us only wanna see PJ and the pub... its a short trip!

It's all about the four p's (or peas) - pub, Pearl Jam, party,pub! Or maybe 5 peas - pub, Pearl Jam, pub, party, pub. Shiiit, maybe 10? pub, Pearl Jam, pub, party, puke, pub, puke, plane, pub, preparation for Reading. :eek:
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Now that is quite funny....:D
    Lol, well I suppose it doesn’t matter cos, no matter where we camp, there WILL be a pub within walking distance :D

‘i bet you'd do the same if, on the day of the Astoria gig, England were playing some big cricket match against Australia’

Oh you DIDN’T just compare Hurling to Cricket, did ya? :eek: Lol, I lived in London for a YEAR and wasn’t aware of ANY cricket matches – it would be impossible to live in Ireland and be unaware of the hurling or football matches :D . Croke park is more than just a stadium, it's the heart of sporting Ireland and pretty historical too...
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Wow, I don’t understand why people are making such a big deal over this when EVERYTHING else goes in this thread :rolleyes: . A couple of us posted a couple of things about what’s going on in Ireland NOW and at the time of the concert and for the first time, this is an untouchable topic :confused: despite the fact that it’s a thread about a load of people coming to Dublin??? Just trying to be helpful! Ah I don’t get it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Wow, I don’t understand why people are making such a big deal over this when EVERYTHING else goes in this thread :rolleyes: . A couple of us posted a couple of things about what’s going on in Ireland NOW and at the time of the concert and for the first time, this is an untouchable topic :confused: despite the fact that it’s a thread about a load of people coming to Dublin??? Just trying to be helpful! Ah I don’t get it.

Don't worry about it helen, we'll talk all the GAA and paddy stuff we want!!!
    Fuck the begrudgers!!
    I need a coffee!

I think we should talk about pea's again! :D:D "Pea's rule"! There, my hat is in the ring....discuss....
    Irish Al wrote:
    Don't worry about it helen, we'll talk all the GAA and paddy stuff we want!!!
    Fuck the begrudgers!!
    Yeah!!!!!
    (10)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I think we should talk about pea's again!....

But not of the mushy kind...
    :D:D
    redrock wrote:

I love mushy peas with chips and tomato sauce hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    I love mushy peas with chips and tomato sauce hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nooooooooo!
    redrock wrote:

and not pea soup cos it's rank!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    and not pea soup cos it's rank!
    But what about pea and mint salad for H's BBQ she doesn't know she's having?
    redrock wrote:
    Nooooooooo!

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss
    I need a coffee!
    redrock wrote:

Knowing how Ed likes a drink...I wonder if he'll be frequenting any Irish boozers before or after the show? There you go, a friendly topic, free of sports and green vegetables! Discuss...
    redrock wrote:
    But what about pea and mint salad for H's BBQ she doesn't know she's having?

Only if its made with Bigga marrowfat peas!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Byrnzie wrote:
    Knowing how Ed likes a drink...I wonder if he'll be frequenting any Irish boozers before or after the show? There you go, a friendly topic! Discuss...

Not after he's read this - me, HH, redrock and chime will be standing ready with a vat of melted choc!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)