Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    What type of things go on there - Croke Park? (To be honest I personally won't around long enough to indulge in any extra-curricular activities other than perhaps a beer drinking competiotion, as I arrive at 2pm on the Wedneday and leave at 5pm the next day).
    Well it’s the third biggest stadium in Europe but is only for Gaelic Games – gaelic football and hurling mainly. I must check it out bit that will be around all-Ireland semi final time. Forget soccer and rugby – these are actually the main sports in Ireland
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Fuck me - 3 times?
    :eek: Is once not enough? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Well it’s the third biggest stadium in Europe but is only for Gaelic Games – gaelic football and hurling mainly. I must check it out bit that will be around all-Ireland semi final time. Forget soccer and rugby – these are actually the main sports in Ireland

Hurlings proper nutty. I wouldn't mind attending a hurling game. It's a bit like Aussie rules isn't it?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

And don't forget the rugby being played there next year! England V Ireland... what a game that'll be!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hurlings proper nutty.quote]

Especially on your Astoria T-shirt after a few beers and nuts!

Byrnzie wrote:
    .... Aussie rules isn't it?

I love Aussie Rules!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hurlings proper nutty. I wouldn't mind attending a hurling game. It's a bit like Aussie rules isn't it?

Nothing like Aussie rules!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIHHJNW6qfM
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Lol, nahhhhhh... I'm willing to bet the band know that Ireland's NOT in the UK :p

I'm willing to bet that part of it is
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    belfast1 wrote:
    I'm willing to bet that part of it is
    Oohhhh... I can see a big political debate coming on!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I must check it out bit that will be around all-Ireland semi final time.

Louth for the All-Ireland!! Mark my words 125-1 odds, each way bet, you heard it here first!!
    I need a coffee!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:

yip... i'll just skip all that crap though... that and the hurling posts... boring as fuck :cool:

so.... Stone says PJ are coming to Scotland ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:

No, lol, let's just say that DUBLIN'S certainly NOT in the UK ;)
    Byrnzie wrote:

Lol, nah you're thinking of Gaelic Football :D Hurling's where they give them stick to batter the shite out of eachother - fun to watch :D

Lol Jenny, I actually DID forget about the opening of croker :o even though it was the biggest news item of the past year.

Yep, England and France in the 6 nations next year will be played in Croke Park - talk about a hostile environment :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    No, lol, let's just say that DUBLIN'S certainly NOT in the UK ;)

Lol, nah you're thinking of Gaelic Football :D Hurling's where they give them stick to batter the shite out of eachother - fun to watch :D

Lol Jenny, I actually DID forget about the opening of croker :o even though it was the biggest news item of the past year.

Yep, England and France in the 6 nations next year will be played in Croke Park - talk about a hostile environment :eek:

Antrim (the crappest team) for the All-Ireland
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    yip... i'll just skip all that crap though... that and the hurling posts... boring as fuck :cool:

Well just try and ignore it when you're over here :D

http://www.gaa.ie/page/august.html

The first semi is scheduled for the Sunday before the concert, the second for the Sunday after it. The country will have gone GAA mental!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    belfast1 wrote:
    Antrim (the crappest team) for the All-Ireland

Possibly the ONE team even WE'RE capable of beating :o . Thank fuck for the back door as we'd be out of it already before the championship even STARTS :eek: :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

I've not been keeping up to date on these goings on. Where and when did Stone say this??
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've not been keeping up to date on these goings on. Where and when did Stone say this??

There's a thread on the Porch started by Dunk :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Well just try and ignore it when you're over here :D

http://www.gaa.ie/page/august.html

The first semi is scheduled for the Sunday before the concert, the second for the Sunday after it. The country will have gone GAA mental!

hee hee you said "semi" :o

i'll ignore it no problem... i wont watch TV.. I wont buy a newspaper... my day in sequential order is thus:-

arrive
    hotel
    eat stuff
    pub to meet other PJ nutters
    gig
    pub with other PJ nutters
    bed
    breakfast
    chase monkeys with small toy keyboard
    flight home

Hurling is what old women do with their knickers at Tom Jones gigs anyway...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    Besides I don't consider geography to be political :p . So am I not supposed to point out the geographical errors people make in reference to my country??? ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    hotel
    eat stuff
    pub to meet other PJ nutters
    pub with other PJ nutters
    breakfast
    See I'm sorry but it's gonna be impossible to do any of the above without exposing yourself ( :D:D ) to GAA talk :p

So good luck :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Possibly the ONE team even WE'RE capable of beating :o . Thank fuck for the back door as we'd be out of it already before the championship even STARTS :eek: :(

Helen, were cavan beaten yesterday??
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Helen, were cavan beaten yesterday??

Um, yeh!!! :( In the preliminary round :( but the game was level something like 6 times and it was only with about 12 minutes left that Down actually pulled away from us. We were missing far too many players.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Um, yeh!!! :( In the preliminary round :( but the game was level something like 6 times and it was only with about 12 minutes left that Down actually pulled away from us. We were missing far too many players.

Thought I saw a bit of it last night, you have some young forward who basically scored all your points, he was great. Wasn't too impressed with down!

Louth v Meath next week, our best chance in years to beat the old enemy!
    I need a coffee!
    See I'm sorry but it's gonna be impossible to do any of the above without exposing yourself ( :D:D ) to GAA talk :p

not impossible at all.... you forget that 85% of people going to this gig arent even Irish... so why would we talk about Hurling ;)

also... even if people are talking about it... i can still ignore it... thats the great thing about ignorance... that and the fact the others brits coming couldnt give 2 shits about men with sticks hitting a wee ball... sounds like golf with more mud.. and golf's shit as well :D

23/8/06 is officially a Pearl Jam day... it has been decreed and so therefore it shall be!!! i've decided on this now so thats enough of this talk ;):D
    honestly start a fucking hurling thread or pM... this is boring!!! :)
    honestly start a fucking hurling thread or pM... this is boring!!! :)

Me thinks you may be having a "I hate monday day"??
    I need a coffee!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I think everyone needs to get into Touch Base and the Astoria boot thread - get requesting it - if loads do we might just get a yes or no answer!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Irish Al wrote:
    Thought I saw a bit of it last night, you have some young forward who basically scored all your points, he was great. Wasn't too impressed with down!

Louth v Meath next week, our best chance in years to beat the old enemy!

We beat Meath in a challenge match a few weeks back :D so you're in with a chance. Yeh, it was Sean Johnston - the only one who seemed alive... spurring the crowd on. He was great.

See dunky, just as you’re free to ignore MY posts, I’M free to ignore your ignorance :p

I’m sure some people who come here MIGHT want to see a bit of Irish culture – some of them are staying for more than just one night ya know. Croke Park Tour is a pretty big tour on ‘list of things to do in Dublin’ believe it or not and I’m sure some people ARE interested. And yeh, like 99% of the stuff on this thread is relevant??? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    Me thinks you may be having a "I hate monday day"??

Nah dunky just hates Ireland or any talk of it - it seems to get up his arse - unless PJ are playing here or he's coming here or something :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

To be honest, hurling has to be a tad more amusing to watch than cricket, bowls, or darts. Watching Nutty Irishmen running around wacking a ball with a weird shaped stick would be a great way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. So do the crowd at these stick vs ball mud fests all tend to get completely rat arsed during the proceedings?
    Nah dunky just hates Ireland or any talk of it - it seems to get up his arse - unless PJ are playing here or he's coming here or something :D

:D:D

no no... not at all... but this thread's last 3 pages are all about hurling... *yawns *

i dont hate Ireland at all... i'm excited as hell about going, and you cant miss the talk of it on here... its a frickin Dublin thread after all ;) ..... but i am coming for the gig.. as i reckon 100% of the uk'ers on this thread are as well.. i'll be doing the Jail tour and the obligatory Guiness tour.. but Croke Park??? its a stadium?? an empty one at that... what do they show on the tour...if its anything like Hampden or Wembley its just rooms of trophies and pictures of either us getting beat or another picture of Nobby Stiles toothless hag of a grin holding the World Cup :p

at least with all the other crap we discuss on here everyone can join in.... celery up bums, peas, food habits, badges, dave whipping us to type on the Astoria thread, chocolate ed, etc etc etc...

i'm only joking about the hurling... carry on :)