Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• msuthymsuthy Posts: 18
    Ticketmaster tickets for Dublin arrived this morning.....wahey!!

Didn't expect them that quick. I expected the usual last 10 days panic of will the tickets arrive before i head to dublin.

I know it's a rare thing to compliment ticketmaster!!!!!!
  • dbkdbk Posts: 304
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Good stuff. Where dya get that?
    ebay is our friend!
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dbk wrote:
    ebay is our friend!

:) Welcome to our World :)

Hello Byrnzie we haven't deserted ya :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dbk wrote:
    ebay is our friend!

Good work geezer!
    Chime wrote:
    :) Welcome to our World :)

Hello Byrnzie we haven't deserted ya :D

Sorry, I've been engrossed in a new p.c game today and it's taken up all my time. I'm having a really constructive weekend! Not!
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    ooowww Redrock is on 500 posts

what you guys think... reckon it looks quite cool :cool:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/dunkman1974/PJ_Badge.jpg

i could get 50 of this one done or for the same price you can get 2 designs donex25 each... might just get this one though!

I have that poster hanging in my bedroom from !! cool
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • NicoleL87NicoleL87 Posts: 19
    I didnt get a ticket!

They sold out in my local golden discs in three mins!

Although the feckers only got in 50 tickets!

So I have 6 people trying to get me tickets and one trying to get me backstage!!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sorry, I've been engrossed in a new p.c game today and it's taken up all my time. I'm having a really constructive weekend! Not!

S'ok I've been mainly nowhere near the computer today anyway.

Just been back on for another quick look at the AOL sessions :) Need my PJ fix :D

Glad you're enjoying your weekend :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I;ve been at my in-laws having booze and food... they just came back from a month in the States... they are twice the size they were when they left :)

i have the DVD of Jools from last night now :) yet to watch it as i stayed up last night and watched letterman... i fell asleep.. i VCR'd letterman though so wasnt too fussed

DVD quality Jools though... different story

I cant stop watching the AOL stuff as well Chimester... absolutely engrossing!!

gonna watch Walk The Line tonight
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I;ve been at my in-laws having booze and food... they just came back from a month in the States... they are twice the size they were when they left :)

i have the DVD of Jools from last night now :) yet to watch it as i stayed up last night and watched letterman... i fell asleep.. i VCR'd letterman though so wasnt too fussed

DVD quality Jools though... different story

I cant stop watching the AOL stuff as well Chimester... absolutely engrossing!!

gonna watch Walk The Line tonight

good evening sir :) are you slightly fou :confused:

Jools was cool. Didn't look like they were totally rocking out though.

Let me know what you think of Walk the Line so I know whether to add it to my rental list ;)
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    got my PJ fix on my mp3 while doing the food shop ! lol , listened to TEN and was a bit moved at times hahahahaha , had to remind myself Morrisons wasn't the place to start tearing-up to a rock band ! lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    got my PJ fix on my mp3 while doing the food shop ! lol , listened to TEN and was a bit moved at times hahahahaha , had to remind myself Morrisons wasn't the place to start tearing-up to a rock band ! lol

Hi V V

How sad is this my Ten and Vs are still the cassettes I bought at 12/13 but today went in Woolies and because the new album is out they had Ten CDs for £4.97 so I now only have to hunt down Vs on CD for a reasonable price :D

Means I've also had a bit of Ten day 'cause I had to come home and blast my 'new' CD :D:D:D
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Chime wrote:
    Hi V V

How sad is this my Ten and Vs are still the cassettes I bought at 12/13 but today went in Woolies and because the new album is out they had Ten CDs for £4.97 so I now only have to hunt down Vs on CD for a reasonable price :D

Means I've also had a bit of Ten day 'cause I had to come home and blast my 'new' CD :D:D:D

Know whats even sadder mate?
    Picking your copy of TEN off the shelf (CD, bought to replace tape that worn out by summer 93) and seeing a HMV price sticker with £19.99 on it. #
    It was the German import bonus version with Wash, Dirty Frank and ALive (live) on it, but still, goes to show what a fucking con this country is, and even more so how it was. Thank fuck for t'internet.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    well Byrnzie i think ive thrown this feeler out again but ive no
    probs doin it again!!

I NEED A TICKET FOR DUBLIN!!!!!!!!

1st ever gig was pj on sat 26th oct 1996 wen i was just short
    of my 15th bday......sat at the back of the point and nearly
    wet myself!!! then june 1st 2000 was oh so much fun too!!

i know theres just under 4 months to go but the nation
    seems completely dry of pearl jam tix!!! no joke!!

i only booked my j1 visa holidays to Boston til mid aug as
    i thought theyd be playing here, and low and behold im
    home 3 days b4 the gig!!

im desperate....sum1 please consider me if they hear of any!!

thanks.

repost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    well y not repost it??!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    danmac wrote:
    Picking your copy of TEN off the shelf (CD, bought to replace tape that worn out by summer 93) and seeing a HMV price sticker with £19.99 on it. #
    It was the German import bonus version with Wash, Dirty Frank and ALive (live) on it, but still, goes to show what a fucking con this country is, and even more so how it was. Thank fuck for t'internet.

fuckin euopean version.......those bastards!!!!!!!!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    danmac wrote:

I apologise profusely and almost don't want to post this :( but my £4.97 version has Wash, Dirty Frank and Alive (live) aswell :eek:
  • Can anyone help me out with hotel details near the point?

Thanks
    G
    Dublin '06, Reading '06, Wembley '07, London '09, London '10, Manchester 1 & 2 '12, Leeds '14, Milton Keynes '14, MSG NY ‘16
    Chime wrote:
    good evening sir :) are you slightly fou :confused:

Jools was cool. Didn't look like they were totally rocking out though.

Let me know what you think of Walk the Line so I know whether to add it to my rental list ;)

i am a wee bit foo noo!!! :)

Walk The line was good... good love story, but i admit my love for Biopics! The songs take a new dimension when played along with the narrative...

i even like the Kevin SPacey one about Bobby Darin... that was good as well!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    where are you in the Jools show... you were there werent you? :cool:
    i am a wee bit foo noo!!! :)

Walk The line was good... good love story, but i admit my love for Biopics! The songs take a new dimension when played along with the narrative...

i even like the Kevin SPacey one about Bobby Darin... that was good as well!

Glad you're enjoying yourself :)

Will add it to my Amazon rental list. Walk the Line not the Kevin Spacey one ;) Saw him in Richard III at the Old Vic. Seemed like he was hamming it up a bit and has put me off him :(
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Is it wrong to hate all those at Irving Plaza show?
    :p

I don't care if it's wrong.
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • If any of you guys going to dublin come up with an extra ticket please let me know!!! I will pay the going exchange rate.
    Is it it me...or....does that version of Daughter (It's o.k) on the dvd 'touring band' make all hairs stand on end? O.k, so it's 3:23am and I expect no reply to my question but damn, it makes mt eyes water. The first time I really started listining to Pearl Jam was after hearing 'Long Road' on the 'Dead man walking' sondtrack - probably not the most conventional way to GET INTO A BAND but shiiiit... I always did take the most roundabout way to EVERYTHING jusy because i could. Pheeeewwww. I love Jonnie Walker! Dunkman..do you know him? If you do, pass on my respects...If you don't, tip your glass to the old bugger from Byrnzie boy! Full respect from south to north! I bet if if Elvis were alive he would have exposed himself to Ed at tge Estoria, or maybe tossed a burger? Shit. I wonder what Elvis's last buger would go for on ebay seeing as an Astoria t-shirt goes for £200 big ones?????
    Buru I like you before I've even met you! You sound like a dude! I love Argentina and I want to visit! Would I be welcome Buru? I feel that it's a part of the woorld that needs some Byrnzie magic....:D
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Buru I like you before I've even met you! You sound like a dude! I love Argentina and I want to visit! Would I be welcome Buru? I feel that it's a part of the woorld that needs some Byrnzie magic....:D

haha, I need to be more feminine then. :eek:
    I'm a girl. :)

And some friends were actually at the Irving Plaza, so I guess I hate all of the others attending ;)

In answer to your question, Daughter/It's OK gives me chills every time, I think it's quite possibly my favourite daughter tag.

You should visit by the way!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Buru wrote:
    Is it wrong to hate all those at Irving Plaza show?
    :p

I don't care if it's wrong.
    :D

no ! cos we hated you when it was ur turn :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    where are you in the Jools show... you were there werent you? :cool:
    I wasn't.... A friend at the BBC was trying to get me in but wasn't able to. Also, I wasn't able to go queue up on the night, just in case... family duties!
    God, I've really got to learn not to drink and type in the wee small hours. :rolleyes:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    God, I've really got to learn not to drink and type in the wee small hours. :rolleyes:

Never would of guessed you'd been drinking :D

Interesting way of getting into the PJ. Mine was through hearing Daughter (kinda links with your post :confused: ) at a house party the day Vs was released and going out that weekend and buying Ten and Vs :) Happy days :)
    Chime wrote:
    Never would of guessed you'd been drinking :D

Interesting way of getting into the PJ. Mine was through hearing Daughter (kinda links with your post :confused: ) at a house party the day Vs was released and going out that weekend and buying Ten and Vs :) Happy days :)

I got into PJ the day I saw Jeremy vid on MTV... i went out and bought Ten the next day... i've had about 3 copies of it sice then... I've bought every album since then on day of release.

maybe its because i played it to death... but i think ten is one of my least favourites now.. (awaits slagging!!) my fave PJ period is Vitalogy-Yield... this new album does indeed kick ass though...