Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838

What's there to be guilty about? Didn't everyone? :o

Right so I'm no longer feeling guilty I'm feeling proud :D

My first gig was me and two friends at 12 being driven to the SECC to see Extreme (friend's mum sat outside in the car for the whole gig) pushing our way to the second row. :D:D:D I loved it and also loved the fact that all these guys protected us young things :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I never had anytime for bands who used more hairspray than girls and wore spandex trousers. Just didn't do it for me.

Oh fuck...I've got that fucking Cheesy Cheesney song in my head now! Thanks, HH! :mad:
    Lol :D sorry about that :o but it could have been worse.

But yeh as an 8 or 9 year old girl it didn't occur to me that spandex and hairspray on men were wrong for some reason :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Jennytree wrote:
    No, no! Not the Chesney song... that line is in another song!

"Chesney Hawkes, what a waste"

Its actually a misheard lyric from Hate to Feel by AIC! Its meant to go "Candy Heart, what a waste!"...

... way to show yer knowledge of Chesney though!!!

My fave band back in the day (showing my youth here!) was 5ive! Loved them... I still have the posters on my wall!
    Lol, um well thanks for showing me up :o but 5ive :D Hahahahahaha :D I get to laugh back now - although, I actually thought they weren't so bad when you compared them to most other chart bands and I had a thing for yer man with the eyebrow ring :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    Right so I'm no longer feeling guilty I'm feeling proud :D

My first gig was me and two friends at 12 being driven to the SECC to see Extreme (friend's mum sat outside in the car for the whole gig) pushing our way to the second row. :D:D:D I loved it and also loved the fact that all these guys protected us young things :)
    Awwww :o lol. I was a late and really bad starter when it came to gigs - Robbie Williams when I was 17 :o . Oh god! Well it WAS Slane and there was like David Gray, Stereophonics, Happy Mondays, Placebo and stuff like that too :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Lol, um well thanks for showing me up :o but 5ive :D Hahahahahaha :D I get to laugh back now - although, I actually thought they weren't so bad when you compared them to most other chart bands and I had a thing for yer man with the eyebrow ring :o

Ah, J. They were good! I was obsessed for years, until they broke up and I discovered this rock n' roll stuff! Then it was Chili Peppers and PJ all the way!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:
    It's great for us. Great music and also something great to look at :D:D:D

I had posters of Ed (obv.) Whitfield, Cornell, Nuno and Sebastian Bach :D

EDIT and on a non music tip it was Johnny Depp :p

Cornell and Depp.... yep!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Lol :D sorry about that :o but it could have been worse.

But yeh as an 8 or 9 year old girl it didn't occur to me that spandex and hairspray on men were wrong for some reason :confused:

Hmmm...could it have been worse? :rolleyes:

O.k, so maybe the barbie song, or some lame cheese by Bryan Adams like "Have you ever loved, really, really loved a woman?" perhaps. Or maybe the group I hate the most in the world - Simply Red. Even hearing the name Simply Red makes me angry and want to hit ginger people.That dick makes Darius look like Jim Morrisson. Or pehaps something by Def Leopard - "I make love like a man!" - Yeah, right...TWAT!! Or maybe something by Level 42 - how LAME were they? Really...how boring?? That twat with his bass guitar held as high as his fucking chin!! What was he trying to be...the opposite of cool?? What a fuckin' COCK!! Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! Help!!!! Stop!!! I can't take it anymore!!!! Agggggeeeieeeeeee!!!! It's all your fault HH!! :mad:
    Lol :o emm... how do I put this??? :o I used to like Def Leppard :eek:

Sorry Byrnzie :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Or maybe the group I hate the most in the world - Simply Red.

at last i've met my hate twin :D

i posted on here ages ago asking people to post their own desiderata for fun and stuff... check mine out for reference to the Prick Fucknall

heres mine:-

Never wear tweed. Ignore people who say “respect your elders”…. Try and respect everybody, its nicer. Do not respect Mick Hucknall from Simply Red though as he is a fat cunt. At least once in your lifetime eat Haggis. Smile at old ladies, they love it! Never succumb to road rage, blow kisses instead as it incenses the other driver even more. Listen to music loudly, and if your ears start to tingle, turn it up! Its natures way of telling you that your ears are enjoying it. Never try and work out how Cain and Abel managed to have families, considering they were the first children of Adam and Eve who were the only people on earth, it only leads to a headache, thoughts of incest and really no-one gives a fuck. Donate to charity once in a while… you never know when you might need charity one day. Do not drink alcohol-free lager… whats the point! Walk instead, you lazy bastards, and leave the car. Always suck in the helium from a balloon and sing loudly. Never do this at a christening though. Take every opportunity to cradle a newborn baby… they’re soft and smell of love and innocence…. Unless they have poo-ed in which case hand them back. Never think about how big the universe is… its too large for our tiny brains to compute, and it will make us nauseous. Eat a bag of carrots before you go out for a booze up… then when you puke people will be amazed at the amount of carrots, and all the time you can say “but I never eat carrots”. If you see a dwarf trip over in the street… laugh... its funny. In fact laugh a lot… it releases endorphins and these endorphins get caught up in the same nets as tuna… so apparently its good to release endorphins, as they are an endangered species. Visit Scotland at least once in your life… and I will take you for a dram, and we’ll laugh, and we’ll get drunk… and then we can count the carrots in our vomit whilst we sing Immortality.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    my first gig was *cringes* Culture Club !!! HAHAHAHA i was bout 8 or 9 .
    first real gig ! siouxsie i was ummm 13/14 ?

oh and i nrly passout at that one ^^ too !!! hahaha guess i never learn .
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ah, J. They were good! I was obsessed for years, until they broke up and I discovered this rock n' roll stuff! Then it was Chili Peppers and PJ all the way!
    Well, I was always a bit of a rocker - actually one of my favourite bands as a kid was Heart.

But I can still remember the first time I heard Black on the school bus when I was about 12 and it's been no turning back since then. I wonder what would have happened had I been sick that day or something.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Oh come on, EVERYBODY hates Mick H. :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    V V wrote:

The first band I ever saw (well sort of...) were The Doors at the Fillmore in San Francisco. I was very young and not supposed to be there. My best friends dad worked there and he was crazy about them. I was at a sleepover at her house and her dad just took us with him (weren't with the crowd though). Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't quite realise what I was seeing, though I really liked it. God that was a lifetime ago but that's what started it all.
    You're just being prejudiced about ginger blokes!!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So did you own a set of crimpers in your goth days Foxy?

I was never a goth - just a metaller/grunger - didn't have crimpers - just died purple hair! My mother used to cry when I went out with me pearl Jam jam's on (remember those long shorts!!!) long johns, docs, pj tshirt and army shirt! Christ!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    redrock wrote:
    The first band I ever saw (well sort of...) were The Doors at the Fillmore in San Francisco. I was very young and not supposed to be there. My best friends dad worked there and he was crazy about them. I was at a sleepover at her house and her dad just took us with him (weren't with the crowd though). Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't quite realise what I was seeing, though I really liked it. God that was a lifetime ago but that's what started it all.

wooooo nice :D:D:D:D
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    redrock wrote:

First band I ever saw was 15 years ago... they were quite small at the time...

... guess who they were?
    Originally Posted by Byrnzie
    So did you own a set of crimpers in your goth days Foxy?

oh i did hahahaha would get up early everyday to crimp and back combe b4 school !
    Byrnzie wrote:

Or maybe the group I hate the most in the world - Simply Red. Even hearing the name Simply Red makes me angry and want to hit ginger people.That dick makes Darius look like Jim Morrisson. quote]

my boyfriend is ginger ....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

V V wrote:

when I was like 6 I had a Boy George sweatshirt!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    when I was like 6 I had a Boy George sweatshirt!

hahahaha ace :)
  • dbkdbk Posts: 304
    Keithos wrote:

... guess who they were?

who was it keith???
    my 1st gig neil young finsbury park 93
    cant recall who supported?!!
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
    Keithos wrote:

... guess who they were?

shut up u thats too cool :p !

depends on your definition of hatred i suppose... i.e. would you peel off his layers of skin and then roll him around in a paddling pool of salt... i would :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

heres mine:-

Do not respect Mick Hucknall from Simply Red though as he is a fat cunt.

We should start a Mick Hucknall hate club Dunkman. Maybe tell the Animal Rights Activists that he's got an animal laboratory in his basement so that they send him nail bombs in the post, or spike his water tank with acid and then force him to listen to his own music for 12 hours? The possibilities are endless! :rolleyes:
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

Or maybe the group I hate the most in the world - Simply Red. Even hearing the name Simply Red makes me angry and want to hit ginger people.That dick makes Darius look like Jim Morrisson. quote]

Best not play any Simply red if I come and visit then :D
    Keithos wrote:

... guess who they were?

was it the 7 dwarves? or the travelling oompah-loompah band???

how small exactly?
    Keithos wrote:

... guess who they were?

Simply red?????
    foxymop79 wrote:

awwww... nevermind, it'll go grey eventually ;)

please dont hit me in dublin for that :D
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    was it the 7 dwarves? or the travelling oompah-loompah band???

how small exactly?

Haha! Very good!