Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    foxymop79 wrote:
    well you get to keep her then - if she liked Pussycat Dolls or something you would have to let the husband have her ..... ;)
    She does have another side to her as well: Avril Lavigne, Darkness...
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    redrock wrote:
    She does have another side to her as well: Avril Lavigne, Darkness...

Yeah - but thats still better than teeny pop music! I've been known to dance to Sk8r boy and I believe ... when drunk at the rock night!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Yeah - but thats still better than teeny pop music! I've been known to dance to Sk8r boy and I believe ... when drunk at the rock night!!!
    Yeah, guess so. But when she was REALLY little, along with PJ, GnR, etc. I had to deal with Steps and SClubwhatever number comes after that. Thank God it didn't last long. Though I do remember I used to drive my mother nuts with my music when I was a teen!
    redrock wrote:
    Yeah, guess so. But when she was REALLY little, along with PJ, GnR, etc. I had to deal with Steps and SClubwhatever number comes after that. Thank God it didn't last long. Though I do remember I used to drive my mother nuts with my music when I was a teen!

I started off on Bros, then Chesney Hawkes, then NKOTB, then Take That (still LOVE TT!!!!!) although I did have chilis/pj posters up with my teeny bopper ones! I remember my neighbour complaining to my mam when I was about 13 for listening to Clawfinger full blast in the backgarden while sunbatheing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I started off on Bros, then Chesney Hawkes, then NKOTB, then Take That (still LOVE TT!!!!!) although I did have chilis/pj posters up with my teeny bopper ones! I remember my neighbour complaining to my mam when I was about 13 for listening to Clawfinger full blast in the backgarden while sunbatheing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheesney Hawkes? Cool! I wonder what he's doing now? I swear the fella who served me my sausage and egg mcmuffin this morning bore an uncanny resemblance! :rolleyes:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    "Chesney Hawkes... what a waste!"

Name the song...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Cheesney Hawkes? Cool! I wonder what he's doing now? I swear the fella who served me my sausage and egg mcmuffin this morning bore an uncanny resemblance! :rolleyes:

Hardly cool - I still have his pic from the gig though!!!! How mint is that?! Wasn't he on the Games recently or something?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• dbkdbk Posts: 304
    Byrnzie wrote:

apparently he done a show at jumping jacks in stevenage
    didnt go
    couldnt get a ticket!!!
    but the t-shirts are on ebay for £186
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I think my first big 'passion' was The Doors (though I was quite young). Being a bit (understatement of the year) older than you, my early teens were with bands like The Who, Led Zepplin, Ramones, & of course punk bands. Also liked Lynyrd Skynyrd & Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane. Then I went heavy for a long time - that was the worse for my mom! Now my turn to suffer!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    my first music love was , The Police ! hahaha and then into Siouxie and the banshees the cult the sisters of mercy etc... yes i was a bit of a goth lol

and btw wow i've been loving it that Ed's wears a Sisters of mercy T-shirt :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    dbk wrote:
    apparently he done a show at jumping jacks in stevenage
    didnt go
    couldnt get a ticket!!!
    but the t-shirts are on ebay for £186

No way! He he! Says more about Stevenage than it does about Cheesney!
    From the age of 13 I was big into grunge and metal and punk - my fave bands were always PJ and Skid Row (God I wanted Sebastian bach! Still would!!!) Absolutely love the Ramones - since can't remember when!
    My fave bands/singers ... PJ (obviously) Ramones, Skid Row, Counting Crows, Matchbox 20, Lisa Loeb (don't ask), Harry Chapin, Flogging Molly, Dropkicks, Saw Doctors, L7, Hole, Alice in Chains and mother love bone! Think thats about it - oh and I love Tanita Tikaram as well (guilty secret!!!)

EDIT; How could I forget Springsteen?????
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

V V wrote:
    my first music love was , The Police ! hahaha and then into Siouxie and the banshees the cult the sisters of mercy etc... yes i was a bit of a goth lol

and btw wow i've been loving it that Ed's wears a Sisters of mercy T-shirt :D

Stings mam gave birth to me ...... she was me mams midwife!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    (God I wanted Sebastian bach! Still would!!!)

wooohhhh!:D :D:D Wild and crazy and he still looks good!
    foxymop79 wrote:
    From the age of 13 I was big into grunge and metal and punk - my fave bands were always PJ and Skid Row (God I wanted Sebastian bach! Still would!!!) Absolutely love the Ramones - since can't remember when!
    My fave bands/singers ... PJ (obviously) Ramones, Skid Row, Counting Crows, Matchbox 20, Lisa Loeb (don't ask), Harry Chapin, Flogging Molly, Dropkicks, Saw Doctors, L7, Hole, Alice in Chains and mother love bone! Think thats about it - oh and I love Tanita Tikaram as well (guilty secret!!!)

The first single I bought was Adam and the ants - Antmusic. I liked Abba aswell for a bit. Then The Thompson Twins, Madness, The Cure, New Order. I was a massive Bowie fan from the age of 13 - 15. Then I got into the Cult and that was the start of my love for what I considered alternative music - mainly goth stuff - Sisters, Nephilim - and punk - Dead kennedys, Pistols - anything that annoyed my parents and my neighbours basically. Have never looked back.
    My first ever concert was Bowie in 1987, and then I went and saw Bob Dylan on my own at Wembley Arena at the tender age of 16.
    Basically, I've always been a freak - It just took me a while to realise it! :cool:
    Just remembered another love - Ugly Kid Joe! Whitfield Crane was a close rival to Eddie in my passion stakes!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• dbkdbk Posts: 304
    just thinking what byrnzie looked like at 16??!!??
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
    Would rather not!!!!! :)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    foxymop79 wrote:

thats great :D

:):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Just remembered another love - Ugly Kid Joe! Whitfield Crane was a close rival to Eddie in my passion stakes!

ahhh Whitfield Crane :) At 13 I was soooooooooooo in love :D

(guilty confession) I also had a thing for Nuno Bettencourt :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    foxymop79 wrote:

Oy!! :(

To be honest when I turned 16 I still looked a cross between David Sylvian of Japan, and Bowie in his Let's Dance phase, but by the time I was 17 I'd already dyed my hair black and was going to see bands like Alien Sex Fiend, and Fields Of The Nephilim. My poor mum. I reckon she had a hard time that year.
    foxymop79 wrote:

Me, it was Van Halen - David Lee Roth looked soooo hot back in those days (crap now).
    foxymop79 wrote:

hahahaha BRILLIANT clame to fame there ! :D

arr Sting was my first rock/pop star love then at 22 i found EDDIE haha and thats it.
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    foxymop79 wrote:

oooo yeah he was kinda sexy ! but ed has no rivals !

Cornell comes in 2nd though :p
    foxymop79 wrote:

So did you own a set of crimpers in your goth days Foxy?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:
    oooo yeah he was kinda sexy ! but ed has no rivals !

Cornell comes in 2nd though :p

It's great for us. Great music and also something great to look at :D:D:D

I had posters of Ed (obv.) Whitfield, Cornell, Nuno and Sebastian Bach :D

EDIT and on a non music tip it was Johnny Depp :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Jennytree wrote:
    "Chesney Hawkes... what a waste!"

Name the song...
    It took me a minute but.....

'I AM THE ONE AND ONLY NOBODY I'D RATHER BE'

:o Yep I liked it for a day or two :o

'(guilty confession) I also had a thing for Nuno Bettencourt'

What's there to be guilty about? Didn't everyone? :o Yeh, I loved Sebastian Bach too. I was (and still am, lol) the youngest in my family so grew up on all the hair bands
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you

'(guilty confession) I also had a thing for Nuno Bettencourt'

What's there to be guilty about? Didn't everyone? :o Yeh, I loved Sebastian Bach too. I was (and still am, lol) the youngest in my family so grew up on all the hair bands

I never had anytime for bands who used more hairspray than girls and wore spandex trousers. Just didn't do it for me.

Oh fuck...I've got that fucking Cheesy Cheesney song in my head now! Thanks, HH! :mad:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

No, no! Not the Chesney song... that line is in another song!

"Chesney Hawkes, what a waste"

Its actually a misheard lyric from Hate to Feel by AIC! Its meant to go "Candy Heart, what a waste!"...

... way to show yer knowledge of Chesney though!!!

My fave band back in the day (showing my youth here!) was 5ive! Loved them... I still have the posters on my wall!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!