Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    You're just being prejudiced about ginger blokes!!
    Lol no!!!!! Just can't stand him and his songs and his fucking hair and everything about him really.

Redrock I saw the doors too - ok well it was 6 years ago so slightly different cos there was no Jim obviously :o but like you I didn't realise what I was seeing either. We WON a competition on VH1 to go to LA and see them reunite in whiskeys but we won it so quickly and had to fly the next day that we didn't really know what was going on and thought since Jim's dead and all it must be a tribute band but then I thought why would they have competitions to send people to LA to see a tribute band? :o God, I was sooooo fucking retarded. It was only when I went outside for a fag and this fan explained to me about how much he really wanted to get in but there was NO way I was giving up my VIP pass and my free drink :eek: . Fuck I got sooooo drunk that night. Fell off a bloody high stool and all and my shoes went flying across the room - then we got a lift back to the hotel in a Jag and I threw up in the back of it :o . Thankfully that's one of the last times I threw up I think. Yeh anyway that was it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Lol no!!!!! Just can't stand him and his songs and his fucking hair and everything about him really.

Redrock I saw the doors too - ok well it was 6 years ago so slightly different cos there was no Jim obviously :o but like you I didn't realise what I was seeing either. We WON a competition on VH1 to go to LA and see them reunite in whiskeys but we won it so quickly and had to fly the next day that we didn't really know what was going on and thought since Jim's dead and all it must be a tribute band but then I thought why would they have competitions to send people to LA to see a tribute band? :o God, I was sooooo fucking retarded. It was only when I went outside for a fag and this fan explained to me about how much he really wanted to get in but there was NO way I was giving up my VIP pass and my free drink :eek: . Fuck I got sooooo drunk that night. Fell off a bloody high stool and all and my shoes went flying across the room - then we got a lift back to the hotel in a Jag and I threw up in the back of it :o . Thankfully that's one of the last times I threw up I think. Yeh anyway that was it.

Memorable night but maybe not for the right reasons! Not sure about the Doors without Jim though. Like other frontmen with such talent and personalities, the band is just not the same when they're no longer there (for any reason). But still - the Whiskey! Been there a few times when I lived in California (and was old enough to drink!). Great place with so much history! Don't know if it was still the same when you went, but the graffitti in the toilets is amazing!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    HH who was singing for them ??

very cool btw :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    awwww... nevermind, it'll go grey eventually ;)

please dont hit me in dublin for that :D

Lets just put it this way - we're planning on adopting!!! I ain't having no ginger kid!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm a huge doors fan

i went to see them at Glasgow recently 2003?? and Ian Astbury was singing... he even looked like Jim... i really enjoyed it but thought Robby went on a bit with his guitar widdlings... SPanish Caravan lasted about 25mins :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    SPanish Caravan lasted about 25mins :(

And that song normally only lasts 2/3 minutes!!
    you must buy Kerrang!! it has a review of the Astoria gig but it also has full page photo malarkey :)

DAVE!!!! page 61 of Kerrang... i shit ye not!!! it only NATIONAL DOUGHNUT WEEK :D:D:D:D:D

surreal stuff.. i love it!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    just saw this in Kerrang as well...

10 t-shirts printed with your own design £30 + VAT

sounds reasonable... although if FoxyM can get them cheaper or free-ur that would be good :)
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    just saw this in Kerrang as well...

10 t-shirts printed with your own design £30 + VAT

sounds reasonable... although if FoxyM can get them cheaper or free-ur that would be good :)

Think thats cheaper than I could get done! They would be about £7 each from the guy I know!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    redrock wrote:
    Memorable night but maybe not for the right reasons! Not sure about the Doors without Jim though. Like other frontmen with such talent and personalities, the band is just not the same when they're no longer there (for any reason). But still - the Whiskey! Been there a few times when I lived in California (and was old enough to drink!). Great place with so much history! Don't know if it was still the same when you went, but the graffitti in the toilets is amazing!
    I loved that place. Didn't think much about the gig though - I was 19 and it was my first time in the US And I knew NOTHING about the Doors. Like I said until about half way through the gig I didn’t even know what was going on and just thought ‘free drink, YES!’ (because we’d won the trip the manager told them to stamp my hand saying I could drink). V V I don’t even think there WAS any singing cos all I remember was them telling poetry and stories about Jim – the stories were funny but the poetry was just beyond me. All I remember about the toilets were people handing me joints when they found out I was Irish :) . Honestly, the whole thing was wasted on me :o . I'm so ashamed of it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    hahaha sounds like U were wasted on the whole thing !!! hahaha
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I loved that place. Didn't think much about the gig though - I was 19 and it was my first time in the US And I knew NOTHING about the Doors. Like I said until about half way through the gig I didn’t even know what was going on and just thought ‘free drink, YES!’ (because we’d won the trip the manager told them to stamp my hand saying I could drink). V V I don’t even think there WAS any singing cos all I remember was them telling poetry and stories about Jim – the stories were funny but the poetry was just beyond me. All I remember about the toilets were people handing me joints when they found out I was Irish :) . Honestly, the whole thing was wasted on me :o . I'm so ashamed of it.

The nearest I got to Morrison was his grave at pere lachaise cemetery in Paris in about 1990. It was my first time in Paris and I spent about 4 days there, and didn't see the Eiffel Tower - just hung out with a few thousand Doors fans drinking and smoking weed e.t.c, in honour of the lizard King. I don't know what the anniversary was - his birth or death or something. Paris was nice - I shall return in September to see Pearl Jam, and may even sneak a glance at that tall phallic thingy made out of iron this time.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    The nearest I got to Morrison was his grave at pere lachaise cemetery in Paris in about 1990. It was my first time in Paris and I spent about 4 days there, and didn't see the Eiffel Tower - just hung out with a few thousand Doors fans drinking and smoking weed e.t.c, in honour of the lizard King. I don't know what the anniversary was - his birth or death or something. Paris was nice - I shall return in September to see Pearl Jam, and may even sneak a glance at that tall phallic thingy made out of iron this time.

When I went to see his grave I was wondering how I would find it, the Pere Lachaise being huge, but it was easy!!
    ooowww Redrock is on 500 posts

what you guys think... reckon it looks quite cool :cool:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/dunkman1974/PJ_Badge.jpg

i could get 50 of this one done or for the same price you can get 2 designs donex25 each... might just get this one though!
    redrock wrote:
    When I went to see his grave I was wondering how I would find it, the Pere Lachaise being huge, but it was easy!!
    Lol :D Indeed it was. Follow the smoke signals :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol :D Indeed it was. Follow the smoke signals :D

shit i must have been last post on that page.. trust you ;)

BADGE:-

i could get 50 of this one done or for the same price you can get 2 designs donex25 each... might just get this one though!
    oohhh, I am! And I changed names!

Badge looks cool! Keep it simple - stick to one design (or there may be arguments)
  • rock_goddessrock_goddess Posts: 970
    That's a cool design, i like it!!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838

:D Think its great Dunk :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    V V wrote:
    hahaha sounds like U were wasted on the whole thing !!! hahaha
    Pretty much. See since we didn't really know what it was - all we heard was VIP event so we got really dressed up, I wore a dress and my cousin had a skirt, lol. Then we got there and EVERYONE was in tie-died tshirts and ripped jeans, lol, EVERYONE. So for about two seconds we were a bit embarrassed til people started buying us drink (see we were downstairs then where we had to PAY for drink - it was only halfway through the night when the VH1 guy gave us our passes and we could go upstairs with the celebs but by that stage we'd had too many) so it worked out to our advantage. On the way home, the guy who gave us a lift back to the hotel actually went into a club with my cousin leaving me ASLEEP In the back seat :eek: . Fuckers. Anyway, all I could think was 'I can't believe I'm across the road from where River Phoenix died' :o . Yep, it was a great night though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Lol, sorry :o people keep giving me work to do so I have to minimise the page, then come back and reply and then realise that we're on something else :rolleyes:

LOVE the badge :) That leprechaun looks familiar though :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Badge looks good :)

(my Astoria is hanging in the kitchen at the mo. servived the washing machine !)
    Hmm... I.T. people are here to connect us up to a server :eek: :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    LOVE the badge :) That leprechaun looks familiar though :confused:

i *ahem* stole it from a Dublin & Cork Pearl Jam gig poster i found!!

i had to cut it away from the background... but it looks pretty sweet!!
    i *ahem* stole it ...
    No no, you 'inspired' yourself....

I am liking it...so i am!!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:
    Badge looks good :)

(my Astoria is hanging in the kitchen at the mo. servived the washing machine !)

Glad the badge survived :D:D:D

Mine was still pinned to my bag but after hearing about your's and Dave's I was getting paranoid about losing it so it is in a safe place until August when it will be pinned next to the Dublin one :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    redrock wrote:

Yeah, it's like a small town. Very strange place. Oscar Wilde resides there aswell as do a few other notables whose names I forget.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, it's like a small town. Very strange place. Oscar Wilde resides there aswell as do a few other notables whose names I forget.
    Hmm... Edith Piaf is another one, lol, and why I remember HER being there is beyond me :confused:

Cool place though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Too many to quote - Balzac, Chopin, Colette, Daudet Apollinaire..... It seemed that every grave I passed was someone famous (or at least well known!)