Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Hmmm... weird...they confuse me... :o

Got my Chili's ticket through ticketmaster too :( maybe that's the one that's turning up tomorrow, the text was confusing!! :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    "really?.. sweet...

im the one you were probably referring to when you said you hate when ppl think they are philosophers... hahah

i was just curious... i find it all quite interesting, i studied folks like kant, hume, locke, descartes, pla., arist., heid., upto derrida... needless to say i am just getting started... as you can tell by the fact that i dont know what im talkin about...."

Class that he can reel off all those philosophers - so can my 13 year olds who have been studying philosophy for a year now! Bless - do you think he's 13?

However, did I say he didn't know what he was talking about or that he wasn't a philosopher! I studied Taoism - doesn't mean I'm a Taoist!!!!

Let the games begin - might get one of my More able kids to pm him with what they know - or my SEN kids who can give a balanced argument about the problem of evil and suffering or utilitarianism!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:
    Hmmm... weird...they confuse me... :o

Got my Chili's ticket through ticketmaster too :( maybe that's the one that's turning up tomorrow, the text was confusing!! :o

I know for ticketmaster you need a signature on delivery (could be why they would text) don't know if its the same for seetickets :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    I know for ticketmaster you need a signature on delivery (could be why they would text) don't know if its the same for seetickets :confused:

Yeah... they said it needed signing for... I need to get better organised don't I..... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    foxymop79 wrote:
    "really?.. sweet...

im the one you were probably referring to when you said you hate when ppl think they are philosophers... hahah

i was just curious... i find it all quite interesting, i studied folks like kant, hume, locke, descartes, pla., arist., heid., upto derrida... needless to say i am just getting started... as you can tell by the fact that i dont know what im talkin about...."

Class that he can reel off all those philosophers - so can my 13 year olds who have been studying philosophy for a year now! Bless - do you think he's 13?

However, did I say he didn't know what he was talking about or that he wasn't a philosopher! I studied Taoism - doesn't mean I'm a Taoist!!!!

Let the games begin - might get one of my More able kids to pm him with what they know - or my SEN kids who can give a balanced argument about the problem of evil and suffering or utilitarianism!

You're a dark horse Foxy - I also studied Philosophy at University, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a philosopher (For confirmation of that see my contribution to the argument above - celery up arse). I have read a few of the big boys - Kant, Nietzshe, Hume, Schopenhaur - but that's all it is to me - reading. Jeeeez, has this guy forgotten what this message board is entitled? - 'Pearl Jam', not 'Philosophy Now'. Still, I wonder what Neitzsche would have thunk of Pearl Jam?
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Emailed a rep from the Point and asked her about poster tubes, and if we could bring them providing them are soft cardboard tubes, basically the standard tubes and she said that she does not envision any problems however the final say is made by the promoter, so I replied asking her forthe contact info and she is gonna email me back soon and I'll ley you all know for definate.
    Thought you'd like to know.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    ...Still, I wonder what Neitzsche would have thunk of Pearl Jam?

I don't know what he would have to say about PJ, but this is what he said about music:

“Without music, life would be an error.”

and

"In music the passions enjoy themselves"

So I'm sure he would have LOVED Pearl Jam.
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Binaural wrote:
    Emailed a rep from the Point and asked her about poster tubes, and if we could bring them providing them are soft cardboard tubes, basically the standard tubes and she said that she does not envision any problems however the final say is made by the promoter, so I replied asking her forthe contact info and she is gonna email me back soon and I'll ley you all know for definate.
    Thought you'd like to know.

PEACE

KUDOS to you.....keep us informed!!!
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Gen wrote:
    I leave the board for a few hours and the talk of Chocolate dipped Eddie has gone... *cries* !!! :(

yeah :( damn , thats kept me going all day !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • GenGen Posts: 130
    V V wrote:
    yeah :( damn , thats kept me going all day !

Aww you sweetie!

..so, where were we?
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Gen wrote:
    Aww you sweetie!

..so, where were we?
    i think Helen was trying to musle in on me licking it off :D:D:D

but who's gonna aply the chocolate ??????? :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Hi folks! I love Thursdays - I'm free all morning to do planning and get to sit and listen to PJ for 4 hours solid! Fantastic!

P.S: Were where all you guys last night - this baby was on the second page! PAH!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    who's going to try and watch the live webcast thingy tonight???

Thursday, 4 May 2006, 22:45:00 UK time... glad they are playing it early evening over in the states as i was up for ages last night replaying the Radio sessions!! how good was it to hear WHY GO again :) and the version of Garden was excellent... rockin start :)

I made my astoria playlist last night as well... i made it up using live versions of each and every track except for the new album stuff (actually i used WWS and Severed Hand from the Radio1 sessions, so just 6 new live ones to get!!!)... just means i'll have to download the first gig from the new tour to get live versions.

please release the damn bootleg Admin bods.... it must sound amazing!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    foxymop79 wrote:
    P.S: Were where all you guys last night - this baby was on the second page! PAH!

i was on last night listening to Radio 1 interview and session tracks from the lads... just amazing stuff... i got the MP3s for it from "I'm Gone" and just replayed them all night :)

the board was slower than a retarted sloth last night... i just gave up in the end and played guitar and listened to the sessions
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Fair enough - not that I'm one to talk - I was in bed by 9.30pm!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

i was on last night listening to Radio 1 interview and session tracks from the lads... just amazing stuff... i got the MP3s for it from "I'm Gone" and just replayed them all night :)

the board was slower than a retarted sloth last night... i just gave up in the end and played guitar and listened to the sessions

Any chance of a link to those radio sessions?? Did anyone record it? :confused:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Any chance of a link to those radio sessions?? Did anyone record it? :confused:
    There are a couple of threads with links on "The Porch".
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the avocado on the cover??

http://mvp-seattle.com/Pages/ExtraPages/pageAvocadoDelecaration.htm

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Could be I suppose. We all know what Ed's like with his politics, but then again the whole band would have to agree with it.

I quite like the fact it's a mysteriously strange cover. :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • shanoshano Posts: 23
    heard rumour of a second dublin date. anyone in a position to confirm / deny this?
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it"

George Bernard Shaw
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    shano wrote:
    heard rumour of a second dublin date. anyone in a position to confirm / deny this?

:eek: Fuck, already? Well they've space before it anyway. That would be lovely... seeing them twice in one week :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    shano wrote:

As much I'd love them to for everyone, I hope it's not true.
    Reason? If they did I would be tempted to go to it and I really can't afford to. Hence the reason I decided not to try for the first Dublin date. Put temptation in my path and I'm powerless to resist :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    As much I'd love them to for everyone, I hope it's not true.
    Reason? If they did I would be tempted to go to it and I really can't afford to. Hence the reason I decided not to try for the first Dublin date. Put temptation in my path and I'm powerless to resist :D

You've got plenty of dates already lined up! It would be great if there was a second Dublin date - I'm there for one gig, I can be there for two (I'll swap my husband's Antwerp ticket for another Dublin one for me - one way to save money! But then maybe the divorce could get messy - who will get the PJ CDs?)
    I kinda hope not too - for purely selfish reasons - we've maxed the ccards out for pj this year already and I would HAVE to go to that one too and then I would have to change my flights and book more accom - beginning to thinkI should scrap plans to get married next year as so far all the wedding money has gone on PJ!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    You've got plenty of dates already lined up! It would be great if there was a second Dublin date - I'm there for one gig, I can be there for two (I'll swap my husband's Antwerp ticket for another Dublin one for me - one way to save money! But then maybe the divorce could get messy - who will get the PJ CDs?)

:eek: YOU obviously!!!!!! :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    :eek: YOU obviously!!!!!! :cool:
    Goes without saying.. along with my Soundgardens, MLB, Buckleys, etc. Oh and the cats!
    redrock wrote:
    Goes without saying.. along with my Soundgardens, MLB, Buckleys, etc. Oh and the cats!

Yes - but who gets the kids?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Yes - but who gets the kids?
    Only got one - that would be a bit more difficult - she DOES like PJ....
    well you get to keep her then - if she liked Pussycat Dolls or something you would have to let the husband have her ..... ;)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)