Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I just got a pm from Manic asking what I "specifically" teach! Here we go!!!!!

Don't do it.........
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I just got a pm from Manic asking what I "specifically" teach! Here we go!!!!!
    A PM?!?! Wow, we are getting serious here. Wait 'till he finds out EDDIE IS GOD (or GOD IS EDDIE) which ever way you see it!
    UKDave wrote:
    So if you were listening to the new album whilst the earlier conversation about a chocolate Ed stick was going on you'd have been in heaven then ;)

I was! HEY EVERYONE - LISTEN UP! Dave is desperate to catch up on the Chilean thread so we need to post on the 'Astorians with tickets'. We can talk rubbish or serious there for a bit to bump up numbers?
    redrock wrote:
    I was! HEY EVERYONE - LISTEN UP! Dave is desperate to catch up on the Chilean thread so we need to post on the 'Astorians with tickets'. We can talk rubbish or serious there for a bit to bump up numbers?

:o wouldn't say I'm desperate or anything... :rolleyes: but some support would be welcome ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Chime wrote:
    Hee hee :D Are you going to reply :confused:

I did - I just said Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics to be awkward! I can't be arsed with an argument with someone like that! And yes Eddie is God!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I did - I just said Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics to be awkward! I can't be arsed with an argument with someone like that! And yes Eddie is God!

I can see the mind control attempts coming back at you.... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Awwww - no reply from manic! No argument then!!!! Ah well!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Give him time. He needs to look up the words and then think about it.
    Just leave him in his own little world, he (and we) are safer that way :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    I think we should all bombard him with pm's containing philosophical quotes from the Simpsons or something! :)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Anyone see this months Uncut? There's a couple of pages on PJ withe the band talking about each album.
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I think we should all bombard him with pm's containing philosophical quotes from the Simpsons or something! :)

Like: " I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman. "

or

"The lesson is: Our God is vengeful! O spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten."

or maybe

Homer: "Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such. "
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Anyone see this months Uncut? There's a couple of pages on PJ withe the band talking about each album.

Will have to check that one out then!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:

i skimed through it at lunchtime and i saw nothing... they didnt even have the album reviewed in MOJO... unless i missed it

Classic Rock gave it 8/10...

i would have read more but the shopkeeper guy through me out :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    Like: " I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman. "

or

"The lesson is: Our God is vengeful! O spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten."

or maybe

Homer: "Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such. "

too funny :D

i used to have this one for my sig on here for ages

"I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

still kills me that :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • GenGen Posts: 130
    I leave the board for a few hours and the talk of Chocolate dipped Eddie has gone... *cries* !!! :(
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • LucyLucy Posts: 4
    I picket up my tickets today!! I feel so bad for fans who didn't get tickets. Poor souls. COME ON AUGUST!!!(Dont think Ive ever wished a summer away before)
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • IdlestuIdlestu Posts: 3
    tickets went on sale again on wednesday and i got 2!!!!so i dont have to give in to ebay feckers!!!:) i like the point!the foo fighters rocked the place last december!!
    This is not for you!
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Hey guys!! Any chance that anyone has started a list of WHEN people will be arriving in Dublin. I am guessing there may be a few that stay more than one night, so it would be cool to know when to start looking for folks. I will be flying in on Saturday the 19 of August. I could start another thread but didn't think it was neccessary. :D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I will be flying in on Saturday the 19 of August. I could start another thread but didn't think it was neccessary. :D

:eek: good date to fly in :) . I think a few people are planning on staying 2 or more nights.

Hey Lucy, good to see ya posting here :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    i skimed through it at lunchtime and i saw nothing... they didnt even have the album reviewed in MOJO... unless i missed it

Classic Rock gave it 8/10...

i would have read more but the shopkeeper guy through me out :)

It's not brilliant. And the review of the album is tucked away and a bit small. They only give it 3 stars. I'm surprised as Uncut's normally pretty good. They're obviously not really paying attention.
  • LucyLucy Posts: 4
    Hi Helen,

Love your signature.

Have you guys seen the prices quoted on ebay for tickets. Between €200 & €300 quid!! Fecking mental.
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hey guys!! Any chance that anyone has started a list of WHEN people will be arriving in Dublin. I am guessing there may be a few that stay more than one night, so it would be cool to know when to start looking for folks. I will be flying in on Saturday the 19 of August. I could start another thread but didn't think it was neccessary. :D

I like quite a few on the thread am arriving morning of the 23rd then leaving early evening 24th.

Gotta go home and charge the batteries for Reading on the 27th :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    I like quite a few on the thread am arriving morning of the 23rd then leaving early evening 24th.

Gotta go home and charge the batteries for Reading on the 27th :D

Just been told my Reading tickets are arriving tomorrow, I paid for three but got a message a couple of weeks ago saying I had ordered four... :o will see how many arrive, might have a spare... :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • GenGen Posts: 130
    UKDave wrote:
    Just been told my Reading tickets are arriving tomorrow, I paid for three but got a message a couple of weeks ago saying I had ordered four... :o will see how many arrive, might have a spare... :D

Ebay is calling you....
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
    UKDave wrote:

Who did you order through? I haven't heard anything yet. Got my Chilis tickets last week though.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Lucy wrote:
    Hi Helen,

Love your signature.

Have you guys seen the prices quoted on ebay for tickets. Between €200 & €300 quid!! Fecking mental.
    I know. It's an absolute joke. I hate these people.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Chime wrote:
    Who did you order through? I haven't heard anything yet. Got my Chilis tickets last week though.

Seetickets... not got my Chili's one yet though...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Seetickets... not got my Chili's one yet though...

:( looked at seetickets ticket tracker at my order and says they are waiting for Reading tickets to come into stock

got my chili's through ticketmaster

I'll be arriving in Dublin City Centre at about 2pm on the 23rd and flight out is 24th at about 5pm so time for a few beers in the afternoon before heading to the airport.