Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Woo i'm on the list.

I really can't wait for this show. Going to be the best summer this year! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Thought I'd create a new one for the post Astoria crew. Rock on you crazy bad ass muthas!!

Byrnzie - England
    Dunkman - Scotland
    Keith - England
    Foxymop - England
    Heineken Helen - Ireland
    Duggro - Scotland
    redrock - England
    Given To Fly - England
    Stonesgstring - England
    Inion Bui - Ireland
    Chime - England
    Ben Red Blue - Australia
    danmac - England
    Ince - Spain
    Forever Changes - England
    Shmike - England
    V_V - In an Astorian dream
    UKDave - England
    Rock Goddess - England
    Aob9 - Ireland
    Chumfatty - England
    Wolfamongwolves - Ireland
    Housing Jim - Wales
    Irish Al - Zimbabwe
    Akuzed - England
    Gen - Wales
    Shano - Ireland
    nik - England
    Roubal - Poland
    Siochan - Ireland
    Jasoncecilbreen - ?
    Robble - Ireland
    Kam ex - U.K
    Nutmeg 81 - Ireland
    Lostinohio - U.S.A
    Krist Mace - England
    Sleeping Jamie
    Jaymac - Ireland
    Burtschips - England
    Ament To That - Norway
    Jennytree - Ireland
    Nullifidain - Ireland
    pdh1978- England
    Robert - Scotland
    newagehippie - U.S.A
    Buru - Argentina
    Manaris - Ireland
    Audiodave - England
    Jamie - Ireland
    Binaural - Ireland
    Richy faceliftology - Ireland
    O VV - ?
    Evo - Scotland
    Stone Carpenter - ?
    Spaceboy - U.S.A
    Wash - England
    Colm - Ireland
    The Cayzer - ?
    Fowls - England

fook me, that's amazing, well done byrnzie!!!!!!!
    Salut baloo
  • burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    roubal wrote:
    Yes, do I qualify as a "ticket thief"? My homeland got no show at all, am I allowed to come?

Come on people, this is supposed to be Europe without borders, and you are bitching (is "bitching" the most popular word on this boards recently?) about other nations coming to a show in your country. My advice to those who didn't get a ticket: buy one for a Prague or Zagreb show and fly there. I can guarantee you that you won't forget these shows and the people there. These countries are cheap for you, Western Europeans, so money shouldn't be a problem.

I am really looking forward to coming do Ireland for the first time in my life.

good advice roubal...... and I'll be in prague and zagreb, that wizzair site is cheap as chips! looking forward to sampling the 'purity' of czech beer. i've heard it's so pure you don't get a hangover... ;)
    Salut baloo
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    WOOOHHOOOOOO

ATTENTION DUNKMAN :D:D:D:D

http://www.badgesforbands.com/index.html ;) (Presume there are probably other sites that do the same)

Now all you have to do is design one :cool:

Unless you've already invested in your kit from woolies :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • colmcolm Posts: 3
    Great list byrnzie!! I cant believe people are letting the angry rants of a tiny minority make them think they will be racially abused. England and scotland fans play rugby matches in dublin every 2 years and their fans walk around in their countries jerseys and there is nothing but a good atmosphere and friendly banter. If a competive rugby match does not bring racial hatred then i dont think a pearl jam concert will!!! I personally cannot wait till august...bring it on.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Yeah, it will be cool :D and I think it was partly down to the great Irish fans at the Astoria that people wanted to make the Dublin gig into a party...look forward to meeting to mate :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Evening Dave hows you? Am off shortly. Glad I missed coming on the boards today :(
    Yeah good thanks, not gonna be long either... think it's all got blown a bit out of proportion... 8000 tickets available, we go for the 10c ones (tiny fraction of the overall) and suddenly we're taking over... don't think so, I predict a fantastic time and fans celebrating the music :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    good effort with the list byrnzie! fuck loads of folk goin! woop :)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah good thanks, not gonna be long either... think it's all got blown a bit out of proportion... 8000 tickets available, we go for the 10c ones (tiny fraction of the overall) and suddenly we're taking over... don't think so, I predict a fantastic time and fans celebrating the music :D

Well goodnight. Have a good rest of the bank holiday :) Hope the football was good.

Sure it will be amazing. Hopefully it was just some venting :o

EDIT: keep looking after the Astoria thread ;)
    Chime wrote:
    Well goodnight. Have a good rest of the bank holiday :) Hope the football was good.

Sure it will be amazing. Hopefully it was just some venting :o

EDIT: keep looking after the Astoria thread ;)

Yeah, you too, take care and don't worry, it'll be great!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    oh dear lordy! just watchin pinkpop 92.......cant explain how excited i am......aaaaaaaaaah!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
    duggro wrote:
    oh dear lordy! just watchin pinkpop 92.......cant explain how excited i am......aaaaaaaaaah!

No need to explain. We all understand.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    colm wrote:
    Great list byrnzie!! I cant believe people are letting the angry rants of a tiny minority make them think they will be racially abused. England and scotland fans play rugby matches in dublin every 2 years and their fans walk around in their countries jerseys and there is nothing but a good atmosphere and friendly banter. If a competive rugby match does not bring racial hatred then i dont think a pearl jam concert will!!! I personally cannot wait till august...bring it on.

I see no one has picked up on my little joke in the list - see if you can spot it!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I see no one has picked up on my little joke in the list - see if you can spot it!

Irish Al - Zimbabwe?

Only thing I can spot.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

audiodave wrote:
    Irish Al - Zimbabwe?

Only thing I can spot.

Your good man, your good!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Your good man, your good!

Thankyou. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    audiodave wrote:
    Thankyou. :D

I thought it was 'Akuzed - England'.... seeing as we're all 'akuzed' of stealing the tickets???
    Keithos wrote:
    I thought it was 'Akuzed - England'.... seeing as we're all 'akuzed' of stealing the tickets???

Could be man, could be. I missed that one.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    colm wrote:
    Great list byrnzie!! I cant believe people are letting the angry rants of a tiny minority make them think they will be racially abused..

I was having a wee laugh with Byrnzie... i wasnt being serious for a second about us being racially abused over there... sorry if thats been misconstrued!

Byrnzie and I were in another thread where there was a certain amount of anger and resentment being thrown around, particularly against english fans, stealing tickets!!!

This will all die down, i actually understand a lot of the anger about saturdays sale, but the base factor in all of this is that the majority of us on this pulchitrudinous thread already had their 10club tickets in the bag before Saturdays ticketmaster sale went ahead.... so their ire is wasted on good souls like ourselves..

Dublin is gonna be ace!! :) The 99% of Irish people on here and in general will be as welcoming as the city of london was at the Astoria gig...

racial bigotry wont even be a factor... it was justed a bit heated yesterday thats all.... not that it would stop me going anyway ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Chime wrote:
    WOOOHHOOOOOO

ATTENTION DUNKMAN :D:D:D:D

http://www.badgesforbands.com/index.html ;) (Presume there are probably other sites that do the same)

Now all you have to do is design one :cool:

Unless you've already invested in your kit from woolies :)

:cool:

thanks Chime

its only £10 for 50 badges which is pretty good... i'll get 50 done but if anyone else wants the artwork sent to them to get more then i'll send it to them but i think 50 will be ample....wont it?

badges go on sale to astorians on Monday 1st May 2006... presale password is "AstoriaCrewRocked"... badges go on general release on August 22nd to ebay scalpers only.... sweet ;););)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    oops double post :(
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Looks like there's going to be a good crew going....should make for an excellent night.

I was out driving when the tickets went on sale so left it in Gen's capable hands.....though she did lie to me when i got in and told me she hadn't managed to get any at first, the little minx!!

Not sure where we're going to stay yet...the Jurys Inn on Parnall Street looks like a good bet at the moment though. Going to come over for a few nights and make a bit more of a trip out of it.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    :cool:

badges go on sale to astorians on Monday 1st May 2006... presale password is "AstoriaCrewRocked"... badges go on general release on August 22nd to ebay scalpers only.... sweet ;););)

grooovy baby , count me in ;) btw lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Try the Jurys Castle, right next to the point, little bit cheaper as well, i think.
    We got 93 euros for a double.

See y'all there!
    Looks like there's going to be a good crew going....should make for an excellent night.

I was out driving when the tickets went on sale so left it in Gen's capable hands.....though she did lie to me when i got in and told me she hadn't managed to get any at first, the little minx!!

Not sure where we're going to stay yet...the Jurys Inn on Parnall Street looks like a good bet at the moment though. Going to come over for a few nights and make a bit more of a trip out of it.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
    Keithos wrote:

No, Akuzed's genuine. Irish Al's the one. Just my daft way of amusing myself.
    Byrnzie wrote:

Oops...

Man my head hurts this morning :|

Have a 5 hour rehearsal with my band today... not good!
  • niknik Posts: 262
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Mornin all...god yesterday was mad...just to let all know my spare tix have gone (spent a few hours in Casualty with a child who hasn't sussed out how to get off a swing) came home and my inbox was inundated with all kinds of offers....the Bez dance and buying of pints won...Bring on Dublin or otherwise known as Astorian reunion :D:D
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
    Keithos wrote:
    Oops...

Man my head hurts this morning :|

Have a 5 hour rehearsal with my band today... not good!

When in doubt...drink more!!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    When in doubt...drink more!!

Pub opens at 12 though :(

Hey, shall work book some flights today?