Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• collymcdcollymcd Posts: 39
    Your wit amazes me
  • likewise.

(10c)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    likewise.

(10c)

Hmm...is there a romance blossoming on this message board??
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    thank you :) and pompey are staying up, so today is a good day!!
    Uh-oh...thats not pompey football club you're talking about is it? We might have a little war on our hands here, im a soton fan! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Yoyoyo!

Hmmm.... there seems to be a bit of aul bitchin' goin on! I just wanna say that meself, and the majority of Irish people will welcome any nationality, whether English, Welsh, Canadian, Swahili, any others and even the feckin Scottish to our darling country to watch the best damn band ever!

Just had to get that outta my system!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • SpaceboySpaceboy Posts: 30
    Please add me assuming you don't another American hanging out. :)

Either way I'll probably stalk you guys, once I see where you all go preshow.
    Has anyone booked hotels/ hostels? Im thinking about booking my accomodation this evening and I would prefer to book where the majority of the jammers will be staying. So, where do you recommend? :D
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

Spaceboy wrote:
    Please add me assuming you don't another American hanging out. :)

Buh?! (ten characters)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    will welcome any nationality, whether English, Welsh, Canadian, Swahili, any others and even the feckin Scottish to our darling country to watch the best damn band ever!

Just had to get that outta my system!

trust me if PJ werent playing then i'd not set foot in the fucking place ;););)

i'm sure you guys will look after us just fine :) .... its gonna be awesome stuff!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    trust me if PJ werent playing then i'd not set foot in the fucking place ;););)

i'm sure you guys will look after us just fine :) .... its gonna be awesome stuff!!!!

We'll try our best anyway, can't guarantee we'll succeed! And, it will indeed be awesome!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • aob9aob9 Posts: 8
    I have to agree with the comments about Ebay, these guys make the 'good ol' fashioned ticket tout' look innocent.

We also have to blame Ebay policy, they know this is going on but prefer to ignore it, they make money out of these f****rs too. And judging by some of the bidding Ebay are set to make more per ticket than Ticketmaster.

I was lucky to get a ticket to The point online this morning, but if things didn't work out I would be really pissed with Ebay today.

What about a second gig.....any thoughts?
    If anyone has got a spare ticket on here let me know. There's an Irish dude on the other thread who I'm trying to help out. Cheers!!!!!
    collymcd wrote:
    Wow, the Dublin show should be called the Uk show..

Its called the Pearl Jam show.. if i turn up and its a slide show about "potato famine" and "the consumption" i'm going to be severely pissed off!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Its called the Pearl Jam show.. if i turn up and its a slide show about "potato famine" and "the consumption" i'm going to be severely pissed off!

What..even if Pearl Jam do the soundtrack??
  • colmcolm Posts: 3
    I would like to apologise for creating the very annoying 'dublin sold out' thread. It was a negative thread title. I started it in the heat of the moment due to my astonishment that it had sold out so quickly, and i presumed that everybody on this board would have got a ticket. Words cannot describe my anger at the touts, the real enemies here. I hope all the foreigners coming over that day, wear something to signify where they are from so we can identify each other in the pubs before the gig. It really will be a great day for us PJ fans and for the city as a whole. Roll on the 23rd!!!!
    colm wrote:
    I would like to apologise for creating the very annoying 'dublin sold out' thread. It was a negative thread title. I started it in the heat of the moment due to my astonishment that it had sold out so quickly, and i presumed that everybody on this board would have got a ticket. Words cannot describe my anger at the touts, the real enemies here. I hope all the foreigners coming over that day, wear something to signify where they are from so we can identify each other in the pubs before the gig. It really will be a great day for us PJ fans and for the city as a whole. Roll on the 23rd!!!!

I'll buy you a pint mate. It's a shame your thread was hijacked by a few twats. It's also reassuring to have seen posts from some really cool Irishmen today. If we can help make the Dublin show anything like the Astoria show, then it will be legendary. Peace!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    What..even if Pearl Jam do the soundtrack??

wellllll maybe that would be ok!!

we might get a rough reception at this gig though man.... ironic coming from a band that promotes tolerance and respect amongst men ;)
    wellllll maybe that would be ok!!

we might get a rough reception at this gig though man.... ironic coming from a band that promotes tolerance and respect amongst men ;)

well I certainly won't be "...wear[ing] something to signify where they are from so we can identify each other in the pubs.." but at the same time I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be enough decent Irishmen there on the day. I don't think any racist twats will be tolerated.
    And besides, if anyone there want's to try and ruin it for us, then they'll be ruining it for themselves aswell. If they want the Dublin show to be remembered for aggro, and racism then they won't be doing themselves any favours in the long run.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    well I certainly won't be "...wear something to signify where they are from so we can identify each other in the pubs.."

i laughed at that bit... i'm sure its a genuine call by the poster to make sure we're made welcome... i'm positive all things will be good on the day :)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Thought I'd create a new one for the post Astoria crew. Rock on you crazy bad ass muthas!!

Byrnzie - England
    Dunkman - Scotland
    Keith - England
    Foxymop - England
    Heineken Helen - Ireland
    Duggro - Scotland
    redrock - England
    Given To Fly - England
    Stonesgstring - England
    Inion Bui - Ireland
    Chime - England
    Ben Red Blue - Australia
    danmac - England
    Ince - Spain
    Forever Changes - England
    Shmike
    V_V - In an Astorian dream
    UKDave - England
    Rock Goddess - England
    Aob9 - Ireland
    Chumfatty
    Wolfamongwolves
    Housing Jim
    Irish Al - Zimbabwe
    Akuzed
    Gen
    Shano
    nik - England
    Roubal
    Siochan - Ireland
    Jasoncecilbreen - ?
    Robble - Ireland
    Kam X
    Nutmeg 81 - Ireland
    Lostinohio - U.S.A
    Krist Mace - England
    Sleeping Jamie
    Jaymac - Ireland
    Burtschips
    Wash
    Ament To That - Norway
    Jennytree - Ireland
    Nullifidain - Ireland
    pdh1978
    Robert - Scotland
    newagehippie - U.S.A
    Shano
    Buru - Argentina
    Manaris - Ireland
    Jamie - Ireland
    Binaural - Ireland
    Richy faceliftology - Ireland
    O VV
    Evo - Scotland
    Stone Carpenter
    Spaceboy - U.S.A
    Wash - England
    The Cayzer - ?
    Fowls - England

excellent work my good man

did that take a while???
    excellent work my good man

did that take a while???

A little while yeah. I needed to do something today to take my mind off my hangover.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Thought I'd create a new one for the post Astoria crew. Rock on you crazy bad ass muthas!!

Byrnzie - England
    Dunkman - Scotland
    Keith - England
    Foxymop - England
    Heineken Helen - Ireland
    Duggro - Scotland
    redrock - England
    Given To Fly - England
    Stonesgstring - England
    Inion Bui - Ireland
    Chime - England
    Ben Red Blue - Australia
    danmac - England
    Ince - Spain
    Shmike
    UKDave - England
    Rock Goddess - England
    Aob9 - Ireland
    Chumfatty
    Wolfamongwolves
    Housing Jim
    Irish Al - Zimbabwe
    Akuzed
    Gen
    Shano
    nik - England
    Roubal
    Siochan - Ireland
    Jasoncecilbreen - ?
    Robble - Ireland
    Kam X
    Nutmeg 81 - Ireland
    Lostinohio - U.S.A
    Krist Mace - England
    Sleeping Jamie
    Jaymac - Ireland
    Burtschips
    Wash
    Ament To That - Norway
    Jennytree - Ireland
    Nullifidain - Ireland
    pdh1978
    Robert - Scotland
    newagehippie - U.S.A
    Shano
    Buru - Argentina
    Manaris - Ireland
    Jamie - Ireland
    Binaural - Ireland
    O VV
    Evo - Scotland
    Stone Carpenter
    Spaceboy - U.S.A
    Wash - England
    The Cayzer - ?
    Fowls - England

Fuck! There's alot of us! :D
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just popped in to see how things went this morning. Hello everyone hows the bank holiday weekend so far?

Congrats to everyone who has joined our ranks :D

Looks like I missed some fun and games :eek:

Thanks Byrnzie for your hard work on the list :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    wow Byrnzie! Lot's of work in that list
    :cool:
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'm going to Dublin!

After some persuasion on the part of Wash, i'll be there. Flights and Hotels sorted and all. So excited, it will be my first Pearl Jam show.

See you all there!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07

Byrnzie - England
    Dunkman - Scotland
    Keith - England
    Foxymop - England
    Heineken Helen - Ireland
    Duggro - Scotland
    redrock - England
    Given To Fly - England
    Stonesgstring - England
    Inion Bui - Ireland
    Chime - England
    Ben Red Blue - Australia
    danmac - England
    Ince - Spain
    Shmike - England
    UKDave - England
    Rock Goddess - England
    Aob9 - Ireland
    Chumfatty - England
    Wolfamongwolves - Ireland
    Housing Jim - Wales
    Irish Al - Zimbabwe
    Akuzed - England
    Gen - Wales
    Shano - Ireland
    nik - England
    Roubal - Poland
    Siochan - Ireland
    Jasoncecilbreen - ?
    Robble - Ireland
    Kam ex - U.K
    Nutmeg 81 - Ireland
    Lostinohio - U.S.A
    Krist Mace - England
    Sleeping Jamie
    Jaymac - Ireland
    Burtschips - England
    Ament To That - Norway
    Jennytree - Ireland
    Nullifidain - Ireland
    pdh1978- England
    Robert - Scotland
    newagehippie - U.S.A
    Buru - Argentina
    Manaris - Ireland
    Audiodave - England
    Jamie - Ireland
    Binaural - Ireland
    O VV - ?
    Evo - Scotland
    Stone Carpenter - ?
    Spaceboy - U.S.A
    Wash - England
    Colm - Ireland
    The Cayzer - ?
    Fowls - England
    21 English - Shit...looks like an invasion!! (Not!)
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I'll be there with 4 irish, 2 northern irish and an australian. So hopefully I won't feel like too much of an intruder. The irish will protect me :(
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • roubalroubal Posts: 82
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Roubal - Poland

Yes, do I qualify as a "ticket thief"? My homeland got no show at all, am I allowed to come?

Come on people, this is supposed to be Europe without borders, and you are bitching (is "bitching" the most popular word on this boards recently?) about other nations coming to a show in your country. My advice to those who didn't get a ticket: buy one for a Prague or Zagreb show and fly there. I can guarantee you that you won't forget these shows and the people there. These countries are cheap for you, Western Europeans, so money shouldn't be a problem.

I am really looking forward to coming do Ireland for the first time in my life.
    roubal wrote:
    Yes, do I qualify as a "ticket thief"? My homeland got no show at all, am I allowed to come?

Come on people, this is supposed to be Europe without borders, and you are bitching (is "bitching" the most popular word on this boards recently?) about other nations coming to a show in your country. My advice to those who didn't get a ticket: buy one for a Prague or Zagreb show and fly there. I can guarantee you that you won't forget these shows and the people there. These countries are cheap for you, Western Europeans, so money shouldn't be a problem.

I am really looking forward to coming do Ireland for the first time in my life.

Ignore all the negativity that you see on this or any other thread Roubal. Dublin will be great. We will not allow a few stupid twats to ruin it for us, and for everyone else who is going - the Irish included. You will have a great time. We will meet for drinks before the show! I look forward to meeting you.