Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    fada wrote:
    I'll have to check the buy and sell and ebay. What chances have I of getting a ticket outside the gig?

I saw them on ebay... 2 for £99 buy it now!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • GenGen Posts: 130
    this gig sold out faster than the 10Club pre-sale...

i hope they sold thousands to Irish fans at the ticket outlets...

i cant believe they sold this gig sooooo fast.... PJ are back with a vengance... so are Ebay scalpers unfortunately :(

Yeah, thats really bad. I can't believe these tickets are already on Ebay.
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    fada, i've pm'ed you
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    cant you??

are you REALLY surprised?
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • just booked my flight. aparantly my tickets are for 'ground, a stand' whatever that means? i hope i get to stand!

just to add... it doesn't specify a row.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    Ebay has tickets being sold by Irish sellers... as a result i will use this evidence any time an Irish person complains about us "tourists" coming over for the gig... your own countrymen are ripping you off now :mad:

by fuck this new album is shit hot :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Ebay has tickets being sold by Irish sellers... as a result i will use this evidence any time an Irish person complains about us "tourists" coming over for the gig... your own countrymen are ripping you off now :mad:

I fuckin hate scalpers!

Can't get Antwerp tickets.... I'm bummed
    May try for Arnhem instead

Budgettickets carries them both, but like 3 times face value
    I hate them

sorry... just venting here
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • GenGen Posts: 130

Just had the album delivered from Play.com... am I the 2nd?? :D
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Gen wrote:

When did you get your 'posted' confirmation email from Play.com? got my thurs and I expected it to drop through my door this morning, but to be honest I don't think I have had post on a saturday for ages, think my postman is a lazy arse.

Ah well will have to wait until tues now because of the Mayday Bank Holiday :(
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    I'd be willing to swap my Dublin standing ticket for Verona Platea Numerata Intero ticket. Any takers?
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Buru wrote:
    I fuckin hate scalpers!

Can't get Antwerp tickets.... I'm bummed
    May try for Arnhem instead

Budgettickets carries them both, but like 3 times face value
    I hate them

sorry... just venting here

shit :(

is there no-one on here who can help ??
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Chumfatty wrote:
    When did you get your 'posted' confirmation email from Play.com? got my thurs and I expected it to drop through my door this morning, but to be honest I don't think I have had post on a saturday for ages, think my postman is a lazy arse.

It was posted on Thursday (we live together) so you may get it today....our postman was extraordinarily early today
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    V V wrote:
    shit :(

is there no-one on here who can help ??

tis a shit site, goformusic

lol

so change of plans, I'm going to Arnhem :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    duggro wrote:
    wow the jurys has gone up a little since i booked. 3 person room (1 double, 1 single bed) is 116 euros

not too bad, but a little more pricey than i paid

still, it'll be good to all meet up before the gig

Thats alright for 3 sharing.

I think it was 93 euros for a double for us. And if you htink thats bad, try the Italian hotels, gonna cost an arm, a leg, and a little bit more.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    danmac wrote:
    Thats alright for 3 sharing.

I think it was 93 euros for a double for us. And if you htink thats bad, try the Italian hotels, gonna cost an arm, a leg, and a little bit more.
    yeah thats what i paid for a twin, cant feckin wait!

yeah ive heard they're rally expensive

im gonna have to look into berlin hotels for the gig, i really hope they're not dead expensive!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    u know danmac u could stay at a camp site or something for Italy thats what i did (few yr.s back now but) it was cheap they had tents there, or a hostel !

ur just too damn posh !!! LOL ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    O.k, I'm gonna be an anorak today and compile a list of who's going to the Dublin gig. If I miss anyone out then let me know.
  • niknik Posts: 262
    Byrnzie wrote:
    O.k, I'm gonna be an anorak today and compile a list of who's going to the Dublin gig. If I miss anyone out then let me know.
    I'm coming along with rock~goddess and scored two more tix today...so count 4 of us altogether
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
    Gen wrote:

nah... there was another Scottish guy had it at lunchtime Thursday :)
    Byrnzie wrote:

me and the wife :)

good luck though... are you just counting this thread I hope!!
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    Glad to be heading to dublin,
    I'm going to see Metallica ( again) in the RDS outdoor arena ( again third year in a row) It's a great venue and wondering way it wasn't used for the Pearl Jam gig instead of just over 8,000 going it would have been 50,000.

I'm sure there's maybe some reasoning behind it the band clearly like the venue as this will be the third time that they've played there and maybe there's an under estimation of the numbers they( being the promoters) believe the band will pull?
    I don't think they'd have an issue getting 50,000 to the gig ......
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
    me and the wife :)

good luck though... are you just counting this thread I hope!!

Yeah, just this thread.
    nik wrote:
    Hey your not a Steve Burns are ya

No...Steve Byrne. Why??????
    Byrnzie wrote:
    No...Steve Byrne. Why??????
    Work with a Steve Burns decent guy as well....have you been on the Porch forum one of the threads "Dublin sold ouT" few pissed off Irish fans...I've ended up with a spare tix but want to make sure someone deserving gets it

*Astoria Crew*

Nik = Nicki (female)
    nik wrote:
    Work with a Steve Burns decent guy as well....have you been on the Porch forum one of the threads "Dublin sold ouT" few pissed off Irish fans...I've ended up with a spare tix but want to make sure someone deserving gets it

Do these Irish who didn't get tickets think that there weren't any disapointed English who couldn't get into the Astoria?? Or that no English had to end up paying £250 - £400 for a ticket? I really don't understand what they're whingeing about. Even if PJ had played 4 nights in Dublin there still would have been some who couldn't get tickets. Thats life!
    Chumfatty wrote:

The lazy ass postman was just Late, I now have the new album :D:D

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Take a look at the thread on The Porch - Dublin sold out. I can''t believe all the petty whingeing on there. Look at this twat - Clean Francis - for example:

"Fuckers!!!!

I've said it many times before and i'm gonna say it again: Get the fucking english wankers out of our country!! The pricks got 2 pj dates and now the bollox's robbed at least half our bloody tickets!!"

Originally Posted by flogen
    "tbh, I don't give a fúck if someone from England (or wherever) got a ticket, it's not like it hasn't happened at every other gig they're playing (how many Irish are travelling over to Leeds?)
    The problem I have is with those scabby cúnts that buy the tickets and put them up on ebay for a huge profit; it looks like I got seating tickets, which is grand, I get to go... I probably missed out on standing because of these bastards and others have probably missed out on going altogether because of them. "

Fair play to you my friend. At last an Irishman with something reasonable to say about this whole affair. I'm English and I was forced to pay £250 to get into the astoria, which is in MY OWN BACKYARD. There were more Irish at the Astoria than English. There were also a load of Scots, Aussies, Americans, someone I met from Iceland, Norway, Germany, Wales....I could go on all fucking day. Suffice to say, and this may come as a surprise to some of the Irish who have done nothing but fucking whinge on this message pit - THERE WERE THOUSANDS OF DISAPPOINTED ENGLISH WHO COULDN'T GET TICKETS FOR THE ASTORIA. AND THOSE WHO WERE DESPERATE TO GO PAID A LARGE SUM OF MONEY TO GET IN. Simply put: Thats life!!

And by the way, unlike with the Dublin gig - NOBODY BLAMED ANYBODY ELSE!! Except maybe the scabs/touts.
    well said...i understand them being upset but just blaming the wrong people....oh well just look forward to going over there now

*Astoria Crew*

Nik = Nicki (female)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Do these Irish who didn't get tickets think that there weren't any disapointed English who couldn't get into the Astoria?? Or that no English had to end up paying £250 - £400 for a ticket? I really don't understand what they're whingeing about. Even if PJ had played 4 nights in Dublin there still would have been some who couldn't get tickets. Thats life!

I wouldn't mind but there is barely anyone in Dublin who is Irish!, it's just like London. Of course no Irish person has ever journeyed to our fair shores to see major bands.

Bad luck if they didn't get tickets and I genuinely feel sorry for them, but unfortunately Pearl Jam are a HUGE international band that are gonna sell out quickly wherever they go. Demand is so High people are going to get upset and miss out, thats life, and bitching about it within your own ranks is not gonna solve a thing or earn them any respect.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

nik wrote:
    well said...i understand them being upset but just blaming the wrong people....oh well just look forward to going over there now

Nik, there's an Irishman called Richy Faceliftology who is desperate for a ticket. Can you help him out? He seems like a decent fella.