Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• CregserCregser Posts: 11
    When Pearl Jam played Dublin in 2000 the city was invaded by foriegn PJ fans and it was great. We spent the day bumping into them around town and in St. Stephen's Green. They were all friendly people glad to be in Ireland on beautiful day and everyone hit it off. They were still in the minority though, and the majority of Irish who really wanted to go, got to go.

This time however, because of the way the Astoria gig sold out and with the festivals being announced after they were sold out, alot of UK fans set their sights on Dublin as MUST HAVE tickets. Irish fans were just unprepared for this and lost out. So naturally we're gonna see emotional posts here from people who aren't talking sense.

To all the people travelling to Ireland for the gig, good luck. Just don't expect an Irish experience ;). In the six years since PJ played hear, it's become a place where you're thankful if the shopkeeper/waiter/bus driver etc. can speak english.
    ---
    Pearl Jam! Come back to Ireland!!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Cregser wrote:
    When Pearl Jam played Dublin in 2000 the city was invaded by foriegn PJ fans and it was great. We spent the day bumping into them around town and in St. Stephen's Green. They were all friendly people glad to be in Ireland on beautiful day and everyone hit it off. They were still in the minority though, and the majority of Irish who really wanted to go, got to go.

This time however, because of the way the Astoria gig sold out and with the festivals being announced after they were sold out, alot of UK fans set their sights on Dublin as MUST HAVE tickets. Irish fans were just unprepared for this and lost out. So naturally we're gonna see emotional posts here from people who aren't talking sense.

To all the people travelling to Ireland for the gig, good luck. Just don't expect an Irish experience ;). In the six years since PJ played hear, it's become a place where you're thankful if the shopkeeper/waiter/bus driver etc. can speak english.

Fair do's. I hope it will be as good as the Astoria was. It just seems that there's too much blame, and negativity flying around which is lowering the tone for everyone. Lets hope that everyone who really wants to go, gets to go.
  • Yeah,id be quite happy for a ticket if one's going....we could have afew pints sure!
    And yeah,Ireland is now full of people from Poland,Czech Republic and the like.
    Mainly in shops and stuff.
    Some of em are fair sound...some hot ones too hehe
  • CregserCregser Posts: 11
    Yeah,id be quite happy for a ticket if one's going....we could have afew pints sure!
    Any they think we're exotic! :D
    ---
    Pearl Jam! Come back to Ireland!!
    Yeah,id be quite happy for a ticket if one's going....we could have afew pints sure!

Did you get a ticket???
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Did you get a ticket???
    Yeah,looks like it!!!
    Thanks sooo much man!
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    OK... so where are the stats that the Dublin gig is gonna be over-run by 'foreigners'? Yeah... there are a group of people on here (myself included) who are traveling to see the band in various counties. That's what 25 people? Just because the gig sold old fast... yep... it's GOT to be the English right... and not 8000 irish fans who bought tickets???

Come to think about it it... let's just ban international travel altogether! If you go to any other country in the world you're gonna be eating food that that someone that 'belongs' in that country could be eating. FOR FUCKS SAKE. I fell like we've all just jumped back 100 years.

I payed £300 for an Astoria ticket. I didn't blame any fans traveling for that... I embraced them and was proud of their devotion! They our now my friends.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    duggro wrote:
    fada, i've pm'ed you
    what does that mean?
  • Keithos wrote:
    OK... so where are the stats that the Dublin gig is gonna be over-run by 'foreigners'? Yeah... there are a group of people on here (myself included) who are traveling to see the band in various counties. That's what 25 people? Just because the gig sold old fast... yep... it's GOT to be the English right... and not 8000 irish fans who bought tickets???

Come to think about it it... let's just ban international travel altogether! If you go to any other country in the world you're gonna be eating food that that someone that 'belongs' in that country could be eating. FOR FUCKS SAKE. I fell like we've all just jumped back 100 years.

I payed £300 for an Astoria ticket. I didn't blame any fans traveling for that... I embraced them and was proud of their devotion! They our now my friends.

I think people are just miffed and the comments are a reaction...it happens...i know i was fair pissed off that i missed em!
    fada wrote:
    what does that mean?

Personal message. Top right of screen underneath "Wecome Fada".
    I think people are just miffed and the comments are a reaction...it happens...i know i was fair pissed off that i missed em!

But how do you feel now??? PAAARRRRTTTYYYYY TIIMMMMEEEE!!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (like that?)

Well in all fairness... England got one gig of 1500 capacity. Performance at a festival is going to be short, and very impersonal!

It took me 2 weeks to locate a ticket. I never once heard anyone blame anyone else. I personally find it pathetic.
    Keithos wrote:
    Well in all fairness... England got one gig of 1500 capacity. Performance at a festival is going to be short, and very impersonal!

It took me 2 weeks to locate a ticket. I never once heard anyone blame anyone else. I personally find it pathetic.

Richy_Faceliftology is cool, Keith. I think that last post of yours - number 1418 - was spot on. You should copy and paste it onto the other thread - "Dublin sold out" on the Porch. That's where all the whingeing's happening, and they need to hear what you put. Let's try and keep this thread a positive one. Let all the whingeing and negativity take place on the other thread.

I mean "Dublin's sold out" - not a very positive, upbeat title for a thread is it??
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    But how do you feel now??? PAAARRRRTTTYYYYY TIIMMMMEEEE!!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (like that?)

hehe,yeah thats about right dude!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Richy_Faceliftology is cool, Keith. I think that last post of yours - number 1420 - was spot on. You should copy and paste it onto the other thread - "Dublin sold out" on the Porch. That's where all the whingeing's happening, and they need to hear what you put. Let's try and keep this thread a positive one. Let all the whingeing and negativity take place on the other thread.

Yeah... sorry Richy_Faceliftology, wasn't trying to sound like it was directed at you, it wasn't!
  • No bother boi,im just glad that i get to see my two favourite bands this summer...AiC and PJ
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Jeez... what is the problem? The Astoria gig was all nations celebrating in their love of Pearl Jam and it made it very special... If the Dublin fans want to go strongly enough they'll get in, I paid £385 to get into the Astoria, Point tickets will go for a fraction of that and they'll be sold on ebay by all nationalities of sellers... to have a go at "foreign" fans is just ridiculous...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • robblerobble Posts: 63
    anyone actually looked at the amount of tickets that are on ebay, no wonder so many people feel pissed off, its just not cricket, although its hard to say if somebody is just replicating cos theres three pairs of tickets all with the same bid time, but i thought the max to buy at once was 4, maybe its one of "maxtickets"(or whatever he was called) mates from the astoria shenadigans
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    robble wrote:
    anyone actually looked at the amount of tickets that are on ebay, no wonder so many people feel pissed off, its just not cricket, although its hard to say if somebody is just replicating cos theres three pairs of tickets all with the same bid time, but i thought the max to buy at once was 4, maybe its one of "maxtickets"(or whatever he was called) mates from the astoria shenadigans

Agree totally but that's not down to "foreign" fans it's touts in general... I had the same issue with getting to the Astoria but I didn't blame foreign fans for that, some people are making a good living off this, it's not the fans...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • robblerobble Posts: 63
    totally agree with it not being about the fans doing this, i had a spare astoria ticket for a while, but was never gona ask for profit from it, it was one of those cringeworthy moments where its about the music not money, just a pity people are getting screwed over it, always have a whip around in dublin for a free pint for the unlucky ones...notice i said PINT, singular
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    shmike wrote:
    "block b row z a-stan"

does that mean standing in front of stage?

anyone know???
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I noticed on Ebay as well that its some Irish people who are fucking their own countrymen by touting tickets... so stop blaming fans who are travelling and blame the non-fans from your OWN country who are financially screwing you over...

I'm scottish... I'm a member of the INTERNATIONAL fan club... . I'll travel where the fuck i want to watch my favourite band... and if the multi-national crowd who was at the Astoria was anything to go by, it'll be grand stuff!!!

I never... not once... heard an English person complain about not getting tickets to the Astoria gig... everyone was in high spirits... its sour grapes on the part of the people who didnt get tickets... but Keithos, UKDave all paid £300+ for a gig on their home turf... i never heard these guys moan once... yet we had a huge Irish contigent in London... and of course, they were made completely welcome and made a good addition to the already multinational conglomerate of fans already attending!! :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    I noticed on Ebay as well that its some Irish people who are fucking their own countrymen by touting tickets... so stop blaming fans who are travelling and blame the non-fans from your OWN country who are financially screwing you over...

I'm scottish... I'm a member of the INTERNATIONAL fan club... . I'll travel where the fuck i want to watch my favourite band... and if the multi-national crowd who was at the Astoria was anything to go by, it'll be grand stuff!!!

I never... not once... heard an English person complain about not getting tickets to the Astoria gig... everyone was in high spirits... its sour grapes on the part of the people who didnt get tickets... but Keithos, UKDave all paid £300+ for a gig on their home turf... i never heard these guys moan once... yet we had a huge Irish contigent in London... and of course, they were made completely welcome and made a good addition to the already multinational conglomerate of fans already attending!! :)

I know it's unfair to blame foreigners solely but you have to understand our frustration.The touts are the real villians,we all know that.But arriving twenty minutes after tickets went on sale only to be told they were gone and then come on the message board and have no one but foreign fans talking about going to the point gig is really frustrating.I don't hold it against anyone,it's just very difficult to swallow.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    i got ground seats... does that mean i'm standing?

Yay you got tickets!! So happy for you :D:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • thank you :) and pompey are staying up, so today is a good day!!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    thank you :) and pompey are staying up, so today is a good day!!

I know!! Go us and with one game to spare :D:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • OvvOvv Posts: 1
    I was up bright and breezy this morning, well 8.50am to secure my tickets.

Can someone recommed a hotel close to the gig, within walking distance would be good.

Cheers
  • If anyone wants to swap twp Block D tickets for either standing or Block C or E please contact me, either here or on le_kurt@hotmail.com

Thanks, Daniel
    I'd dance with you....
    ...but my hands are on fire.
  • collymcdcollymcd Posts: 39
    Wow, the Dublin show should be called the Uk show..
  • why, it's in dublin?

*rolls eyes*
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07