Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Byrnzie I'm blaming you for my hyper drive, i should not have put msn on last night , i couldnt sleep ! LOL

and now i got San Diego on loud :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I'm not meeting there.... i can count six ghosts in that picture... i dont like ghosts..

Chime you have my number as well dont you?? EDIT: I see you mean for Reading and stuff :o

Aww c'mon Dunk. Don't start acting all pussyish on us now :p:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good morning everyone!!!! Tomorrow when I wake up, it's to get ready to take the plane to Dublin :D:D:D

Everyone had a good week-end? Good wedding Dunk?? VV -you're back!

Ahhh..... my last full day....... :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Aww c'mon Dunk. Don't start acting all pussyish on us now :p:D

*sues Stoney for slander*

;):D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I have to buy some Scottish tablet... everyone take a last look at yer teeth... tablet is a dentists friend/enemy dependent on your perspective :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    Good morning everyone!!!! Tomorrow when I wake up, it's to get ready to take the plane to Dublin :D:D:D

Hello Beautiful

:) i had a few days at my mum's and left the kids there so i'm a free pearl jam mad woman from now till next monday :eek: , oh boy is huby in for it ! LOL
    I had a nice time saw all my family etc.....
    and i'm so hyper now , how about you ? looks like you will be packing today then :D:D:D:D
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    I have to buy some Scottish tablet... everyone take a last look at yer teeth... tablet is a dentists friend/enemy dependent on your perspective :)

is that like shortbread with extra sugar? ever try yellowman?
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:

morning Rita. :)

:D:D I don't know if I can get any sleep tonight.. not to mention tomorrow night. :D :eek:

lol. I think I should ask for an aisle seat in the plane, otherwise I'm just gonna stare out the window. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    redrock wrote:

was grand Rita... loevly venue but the band were shite... i suppose my band expectations were too high :)
    eMMI wrote:
    I'M LEAVING TOMORROW!!! :D:D:D

I just made a list about what I gotta do before I leave and looking at it makes me so nearvous and excited.. :eek: :D *excited*

I can't wait!! I can't wait!!

I should probably be packing but.. can't do it now!! oh, that reminds me, I should call my dad and ask him what time we're leaving tomorrow. and remind him that he promised to take me to the airport. :)

I actually have quite a few things to do today. :eek:

- buy chocolate
    - pack
    - take money outta the bank
    - write down every detail from the plane ticket (it's an e-ticket)
    - clean up room
    - return books to the library

and that's about half of my list.

I'm such a list-person. I can't pack without making a list of things I'm gonna pack. :rolleyes: luckily, I've got that one done already. now all I gotta do is figure out how the hell am I gonna fit everything to my back pack. :eek: ah well.. lol. I'll try not to pack too much stuff, that's what I usually end up doing. :D

anyhoo, enough of me talking to myself.

I CAN'T WAIT!! I'm leaving tomorrow and the show's the day after. I think I'm gonna faint.

My list:
    - get KID to clean up her room
    - pack
    - get chocolate because kid/hubby (?) ate the stuff I was saving for Dublin
    - online check-in for ticket
    and...... go go go!
    belfast1 wrote:
    is that like shortbread with extra sugar? ever try yellowman?

you'll never believe the ingredients man....

» 500g/18oz/2 cups granulated sugar.
    » 60g/2oz/one quarter cup butter.
    » 3½ tablespoons condensed milk.
    » vanilla essence
    » 170ml/6 floz/three quarters cup water.

basically its melted sugar congealed using the condensed milk...

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usrecipes/scottishtablet/

there is a picture of it there... it melts teeth :)

i've never heard of yellowman :confused: educate me!!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Right I gotta go eat some breakfast now :D:D Catch you guys later or if not I'll see ya tomorrow / Weds :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    redrock wrote:
    My list:
    - get KID to clean up her room
    - pack
    - get chocolate because kid/hubby (?) ate the stuff I was saving for Dublin
    and...... go go go!

lol. :D that's a good list.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    :eek: just been sent the photos from the hen night I was on Saturday night :o

Dunk I'll pass on the tablet :o thanks for the offer though :) EDIT: and I typed that before I saw you posted the ingredients
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    redrock wrote:

can you still do this if you are taking luggage for the hold.... or are you just taking hand luggage now..??

i know that Ryanair dont allow the online check-in if you are putting bags into check-in :mad:

i was planning on using it as well :(
    Chime wrote:
    Dunk I'll pass on the tablet :o thanks for the offer though :) EDIT: and I typed that before I saw you posted the ingredients

my god :eek: why.....................................???????

is it too "messenger of deathy" for you!!! ;)
  • hey, haven't posted here in a while, just wondering what time the guys with 10c tickets will be heading to the venue? I work nearby so will be heading straight there, can't make it to the Temple bar meet. Any ideas where the secret entrance is??
    you'll never believe the ingredients man....

» 500g/18oz/2 cups granulated sugar.
    » 60g/2oz/one quarter cup butter.
    » 3½ tablespoons condensed milk.
    » vanilla essence
    » 170ml/6 floz/three quarters cup water.

basically its melted sugar congealed using the condensed milk...

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usrecipes/scottishtablet/

there is a picture of it there... it melts teeth :)

i've never heard of yellowman :confused: educate me!!

fkin hell!!! that would melt yer teeth...

Yellowman is the North Ulster equivalent - sold up in Ballycastle on the north antrim coast at the Oul Lammas Fair at the end of August.

1 lb/ 1/2 kg/ 1 1/2 cups golden or corn syrup
    8oz/ 250g/ 1 cup brown sugar
    1 tbsp butter (heaped)
    2 tbsp vinegar
    1 tbsp baking soda

In a large saucepan slowly melt together all the ingredients except the baking soda. Do not stir. Boil until a drop hardens in cold water (240°F, 190°C on a sugar thermometer). Stir in the baking soda. The toffee will immediately foam up as the vinegar releases the gas from the baking soda. Pour out onto a greased slab and while just cool enough to handle fold the edges towards the centre and pull repeatedly until the whole is a pale yellow colour. Allow to cool and harden in a greased tin and break into chunks with a toffee hammer - or anything else that comes to hand.

You also need a piece of string and one trusty doorknob for self-extraction of teeth afterwards :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    Right I gotta go eat some breakfast now :D:D Catch you guys later or if not I'll see ya tomorrow / Weds :)

bye stoney. :)

I gotta go soon too. I just need to do all the stuff on my list! :eek:

lol. catch you later! :D:D
    Inion bui wrote:
    hey, haven't posted here in a while, just wondering what time the guys with 10c tickets will be heading to the venue? I work nearby so will be heading straight there, can't make it to the Temple bar meet. Any ideas where the secret entrance is??

here, maybe part of the 10c experience is the secret entrance is in the roof - so we get to abseil in from the top :D
    can you still do this if you are taking luggage for the hold.... or are you just taking hand luggage now..??

i know that Ryanair dont allow the online check-in if you are putting bags into check-in :mad:

i'm just taking hand bag so on-line should be good for me :) plus our flight is super early.
    can i take me deodrent , its NOT liquid !? I will need it ! LOL

todays list
    stay away from pit
    clean house
    buy pink hair dye (or u lot wont know its me LOL)
    buy Chocolate :)
    try to Breath n stay carm
    OK Dunky.... :mad: You are now responsible for the future state of my daughter's teeth. She saw the recipe and the pic for Scottish Tablet and said I either had to bring some back or even better make some TODAY!! No way... not today.

Band was shite..... shame PJ don't do weddings :D

I'm just taking hand luggage. A change or two of knickers, a t-shirt or two.... don't need much space for that! :D
    ok i'm off too

bye stoney :)

see the rest of you around here later XXX
    belfast1 wrote:
    fkin hell!!! that would melt yer teeth...

Yellowman is the North Ulster equivalent - sold up in Ballycastle on the north antrim coast at the Oul Lammas Fair at the end of August.

1 lb/ 1/2 kg/ 1 1/2 cups golden or corn syrup
    8oz/ 250g/ 1 cup brown sugar
    1 tbsp butter (heaped)
    2 tbsp vinegar
    1 tbsp baking soda

In a large saucepan slowly melt together all the ingredients except the baking soda. Do not stir. Boil until a drop hardens in cold water (240°F, 190°C on a sugar thermometer). Stir in the baking soda. The toffee will immediately foam up as the vinegar releases the gas from the baking soda. Pour out onto a greased slab and while just cool enough to handle fold the edges towards the centre and pull repeatedly until the whole is a pale yellow colour. Allow to cool and harden in a greased tin and break into chunks with a toffee hammer - or anything else that comes to hand.

You also need a piece of string and one trusty doorknob for self-extraction of teeth afterwards :D

That sounds a bit like cinder toffee!
    V V wrote:
    can i take me deodrent , its NOT liquid !? I will need it ! LOL

I'm taking mine.... it's not liquid either! Can't take my mascara though... will have to buy some!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    my god :eek: why.....................................???????

is it too "messenger of deathy" for you!!! ;)

it's too I've tried it before I don't need to put my sensitive teeth through that again :eek: plus it's more for those who've never experienced it :) i'm looking forward to getting a badge though :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    redrock wrote:
    I'm taking mine.... it's not liquid either! Can't take my mascara though... will have to buy some!

oh fuck no mascara ! shit , i need to re think everything

what can we take make-up wise ??
    lippy ? yeah

ummm i think thats all i'm surprised at the mascara its not really liquid ! more sticky goo
    all this talk of sugary substances....

I'm off too for some breakfast so - see yous later
    belfast1 wrote:
    all this talk of sugary substances....

I'm off too for some breakfast so - see yous later
    :) bye SEE you soon ! :)